AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2008-02-16, 07:55   Link #5681
EXEs
Hallelujah...

If you haven't, get watching! I (and most of the people posting in this thread) highly recommends it.

This 0 Gundam thing is a Gundam that resembles the RX-78, which is a Gundam in the first Gundam series ever. Link to picture: http://www.mahq.net/Mecha/gundam/msgundam/rx-78-2.htm
EXEs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-16, 11:11   Link #5682
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Spent the evening fixing up the Eins straight out of box. Was a fun build for the hour or 2. One of the better kit so far in the HG 00 line so far along with the Custom Flag.
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-16, 13:08   Link #5683
Seanohue

Finished up MG hi-nu last night (well almost, I still have to do the decals).

Slideshow: http://www.flickr.com/photos/23813015@N05/show/

O btw, does anyone know how to make the dragoons stay in better?

Last edited by Seanohue; 2008-02-16 at 14:34.
Seanohue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-16, 14:13   Link #5684
Astrana
MMmmmm Bacon~~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakubeX2 View Post

Spent the evening fixing up the Eins straight out of box. Was a fun build for the hour or 2. One of the better kit so far in the HG 00 line so far along with the Custom Flag.
nice nice, still waiting for mine from HLJ, they seems to be slow on orders this month
Astrana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-16, 18:05   Link #5685
philmein

The Throne Eins looks pretty bad-ass there.
But I think I'll wait until a 1/100 is released (that is, if it looks good to be which it probably will).
philmein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-16, 19:02   Link #5686
ReverseFate
Chinese Federation

I went to my local hobby shop and they were having a sale. I got my self a MG RX-78-2 20th Anniversary ver. for 20 bucks. Pretty good deal i would think XD. This guy is my first MG, so if things goes well with him then I might start buying MGs from now on. =P
ReverseFate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-16, 19:23   Link #5687
VistaZ
Using XP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sciel View Post
Spoiler for OOB 1/100 Dynames:

1) The beam sabers that are supposed to be stored in those "things" pointing out of Dyname's can't be properly stored . They are loose as hell .

2) The GM sniper rifle feels rather flimsy . Even when you insert a joint on of the sniper rifle into Dyname's arm . As show in http://www.dalong.net/review/00/0102/p/0102_31.jpg
It still feels rather loose .

EDIT : OOps , forgot to stick the red v-fin stickers -.-
Can HG 1/100 Dynames hold it's GN beam pistol?O_O
VistaZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-16, 20:02   Link #5688
Spitfire
Mr. Bushido

Better pic of the FG O Gundam:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...Neo/cmp_mv.png
Old 2008-02-16, 20:45   Link #5689
Astrana
MMmmmm Bacon~~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dia.Sephus View Post
I went to my local hobby shop and they were having a sale. I got my self a MG RX-78-2 20th Anniversary ver. for 20 bucks. Pretty good deal i would think XD. This guy is my first MG, so if things goes well with him then I might start buying MGs from now on. =P
if i remember right, the 20th anniversary edition has a different color paint. I love that version, it is a really solid kit and you don't need do any painting and it looks amazing.

PS: seeing everyone getting their throne is killing me, hahahaha... come on HLJ!!
Old 2008-02-16, 21:39   Link #5690
MeesesGlokmah

How much does shipping usually cost for one 1/144 model from HLJ? Is it different for each state?

Also, is $34 too much for both the HG 1/144 Exia and Dynames? It's been a while since I've bought models, and I've never done importing before, either.
MeesesGlokmah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-16, 22:52   Link #5691
Subarunyon
Yui is mai waifu <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by beamknight87 View Post
The store had a surprising 50% off in a lot of models, so I opted to get some decals, aluminum thrusters and my very first grunt mobile suit: a MG Zaku II 2.0 (green version) for measly 20 bucks ^^.
Think that along with the MG IWSP I will use this Zaku to begin to experiment the battle damage treatment, want to give them a more "veteran" look since the rest of my models have a "dodge everything-no scratches" look lol
Wow beamknight. I dunno which store you're referring to let alone where you live but for some reason because of your post I was motivated to go to a local hobby store that I haven't visited before and Voila! 50% discount on TurnA and Destiny MG XD got both for 56$. Are you in Vancouver, Canada by any chance?

Quote:
Also, is $34 too much for both the HG 1/144 Exia and Dynames? It's been a while since I've bought models, and I've never done importing before, either.
You mean both of them for 34$ and not each right? Is this shipping / tax included? 34 CAD$ (which is more or less equal to US now) for those two is kinda the normal price for my area. HLJ is a good reference for the barcode prices. Exia and Dynames totals 2400Y and after shipping + tax it comes to around 34$ if I import them from HLJ.
Subarunyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-16, 23:03   Link #5692
philmein

I seriously envy you guys with local stores that have discounted models. Mine is overpriced and never has discounts. Shucks!
philmein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-16, 23:04   Link #5693
MeesesGlokmah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subarunyon View Post
You mean both of them for 34$ and not each right? Is this shipping / tax included? 34 CAD$ (which is more or less equal to US now) for those two is kinda the normal price for my area. HLJ is a good reference for the barcode prices. Exia and Dynames totals 2400Y and after shipping + tax it comes to around 34$ if I import them from HLJ.
Yeah, $34 for both including the shipping. I don't believe there is tax, because it's an eBay thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by philmein View Post
I seriously envy you guys with local stores that have discounted models. Mine is overpriced and never has discounts. Shucks!
Yeah, I only have a small Hobby shop where I live, and they also have overpriced Gundams. The good thing is that they mark off the Gundams, that don't sell, by 50%, and since nobody seems to care about Gundams where I live, I get lucky sometimes. Unfortunately, it takes forever until they mark down things, so I'm trying to get Gundams online now.
MeesesGlokmah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-16, 23:27   Link #5694
Astrana
MMmmmm Bacon~~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeesesGlokmah View Post
How much does shipping usually cost for one 1/144 model from HLJ? Is it different for each state?

I only start buying stuff from HLJ since 00

but compare to my local anime store it is actually 2-5 CND dollars cheaper.

shipping should cost almost as much as the model, depend on the size of the box.

Dynames + kyrios are 2700 Yen, HLJ charged me 2020 Yen for shipping. I think it's pretty reasonable.
The packaging is also very good. Thick cardboard box with nice plastic air bubble

PS: 2020 is EMS shipping, with tracking number and website, I know exactly where the package is any time. At the tracking site it shows when it leaves Japan, enter canadian custom, when get into my city... And they have SAL (cheaper) but no tracking number, and it's based on priority. so sometimes you will be waiting for a kit for weeks.
Old 2008-02-16, 23:38   Link #5695
ReverseFate
Chinese Federation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subarunyon View Post
Wow beamknight. I dunno which store you're referring to let alone where you live but for some reason because of your post I was motivated to go to a local hobby store that I haven't visited before and Voila! 50% discount on TurnA and Destiny MG XD got both for 56$. Are you in Vancouver, Canada by any chance?
Are you refering to a store called Gundam Work Shop? Lol, that is also the place I got mine discounted RX-78-2 anniversary ver. for 50% off. And I believe beamknight also shop at that store, as I've seen his username before on the store's forum..lol
ReverseFate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-17, 04:28   Link #5696
VistaZ
Using XP

I wish my place have a shop which have discounts on gundam model kits.
Old 2008-02-17, 05:04   Link #5697
duotiga
Zander Yuusha Kyorugold

Send a message via ICQ to duotiga Send a message via MSN to duotiga
Quote:
Originally Posted by VistaZ View Post
Can HG 1/100 Dynames hold it's GN beam pistol?O_O
my kit for 1/100 Dynames

duotiga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-17, 05:40   Link #5698
duotiga
Zander Yuusha Kyorugold

check this

HG1/144 Astrea with word n launcher
http://page7.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/g59165120

Old 2008-02-17, 05:41   Link #5699
duotiga
Zander Yuusha Kyorugold

FG O Gundam pics

The Gundam 00 official site put up some pics of the FG 0 Gundam in its Products section. On Bandai Hobby's 00 Gunpla site, the extra something randomly chosen people will receive during the 0 Gundam Get Campaign (mentioned previously) will be revealed in a "big announcement" on March 7.

from Gunota
Old 2008-02-17, 09:09   Link #5700
VistaZ
Using XP

Quote:
Originally Posted by duotiga View Post
my kit for 1/100 Dynames

Nice, anyone can tell me Exia or Dynames in HG 1/100 is better in terms of looks without paint.
Quality of joints and material?

Last edited by VistaZ; 2008-02-17 at 09:17. Reason: Rephrasing

Tags
gundam, gunpla, model kit, toy