Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-11-18, 19:36   Link #1
Juice
Delete this account

Companies bidding for Naruto to be announced at NYC anime festival

In case some of you didn't know, at the NY-Tokyo Energy festival this weekend, they are going to annouce the companies that are in the bidding for the series. According to the rumor mill, Warner Bros has put in the highest bidding for the series and you know who they will hire to dub it. What are your thoughts and who do you think is inthe bidding war and could actually pull it off?
Old 2004-11-18, 19:38   Link #2
Komataguri
Reverend K-Rist

Send a message via AIM to Komataguri
I don't know who WB would hire to do it..?

Unless it...couldn't be...4kids..?
Old 2004-11-18, 19:40   Link #3
7thMethuselah

I'll panic once I know who'll be in charge of Naruto, untill that moment I see no reason...
Old 2004-11-18, 20:35   Link #4
Hobbes

Send a message via AIM to Hobbes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juice
In case some of you didn't know, at the NY-Tokyo Energy festival this weekend, they are going to annouce the companies that are in the bidding for the series. According to the rumor mill, Warner Bros has put in the highest bidding for the series and you know who they will hire to dub it. What are your thoughts and who do you think is inthe bidding war and could actually pull it off?
Yeah, who will they put in charge of it?
Old 2004-11-18, 20:37   Link #5
Juice
Delete this account

WB works with 4kids
Old 2004-11-18, 20:43   Link #6
Animizzle
Cool as a Cucumber

Basically I could care les, it will be subbed nontheless. And since I live in Europe, im only a semi-illegal leecher.

I should be hung.
Old 2004-11-18, 21:02   Link #7
Gon the Freec
1337 member ......

I live in europe to , but no matter here we will get Naruto en het kwaadaardige vossenmonster !!! YAY !!!
Old 2004-11-18, 21:05   Link #8
Animizzle
Cool as a Cucumber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gon the Freec
I live in europe to , but no matter here we will get Naruto en het kwaadaardige vossenmonster !!! YAY !!!
Don't worry Gon, that rumor was false, I was too eager to post it and asked for the thread to be closed. so don't "worry"
Old 2004-11-18, 21:50   Link #9
音楽は死んだ
Boobies˛ = Fun

Send a message via Yahoo to 音楽は死んだ
Cant say its much of a stretch to seem them marketing it like Yugioh and making it a kids show. Alot of the darker recent stuff in the manga hasnt really been explored in the anime yet.

Too bad it isnt true
Old 2004-11-19, 00:49   Link #10
kiai
Wa-Gati-Mashita

Will there be a forum here for Naruto much longer, I don't know maybe it's why the hour special is coming out so soon.
Old 2004-11-19, 00:55   Link #11
Cort
What???

Send a message via ICQ to Cort
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiai
Will there be a forum here for Naruto much longer, I don't know maybe it's why the hour special is coming out so soon.
Fullmetal Alchemist still has a forum and its already being played on Cartoon Network, even IF Naruto ever gets licensed I doubt the forum would be taken down.
Old 2004-11-19, 07:46   Link #12
Dokuganryu
motorcycle boy

Send a message via MSN to Dokuganryu
^ As does One Piece...which remindes me, I'm sure if and when Naruto does get picked up and whored out to a bunch of fat dim-witted American kids from ages 5 to 13, we will still have atleast 1 group a that will continue to give us our weekly fix.
Old 2004-11-19, 09:36   Link #13
ssj4V

ok, im alittle slow so please be gentle.
what hapense after a company wins, like will the anime still be airing wednesdays in japan in japanese or what?
Old 2004-11-19, 09:49   Link #14
Fei-san
Monkeykyou Sharingan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssj4V
what hapense after a company wins, like will the anime still be airing wednesdays in japan in japanese or what?
It will still be aired in japan
Old 2004-11-19, 09:57   Link #15
7thMethuselah

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssj4V
It will continue to air in Japan, however it'll be removed from animesuki.
The licensing company will then dub the episodes it acquired, which will then be sold on DVD and you can be pretty sure that Naruto will be shown on TV as well, and probably in a good time-slot.

Oh, and after that we'll be flooded with Naruto items and everyone will be waering Naruto stuff, using naruto pen and paper, and ending their sentences by "datte ba yo"
Old 2004-11-19, 10:00   Link #16
音楽は死んだ
Boobies˛ = Fun

Send a message via Yahoo to 音楽は死んだ
Oh hell yea, it'll still be aired as usual in Japan, the only thing being bought is the right to market it over here in North America.

lol, my sig will get me banned? Whoever said that needs to check the raiting thread
Old 2004-11-19, 10:33   Link #17
ssj4V

few, thats good to hear. but i just cant live to see it happen again, omg have u seen what they did to dbz. i am not watching it dubbed no matter what, i know it will be to painfull to see.
Old 2004-11-19, 10:58   Link #18
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

LOL!! WB getting the bid?? Dude, that's interesting because my info said Viz had it. It's almost guarenteed by now that naruto WILL be announced as licenced in the next couple of weeks, so that's for certain. I guess the only thing left is who will do it. IF you would have asked me a year ago, I would have said Funi or someone with some quality, by now I really don't care. Not saying I don't like naruto, but my enthusiasm for the show is waning slowly. I really only read the manga anymore. It's a bummer too because Naruto started out as such a great series. Oh well. If they stop heading in this DBZ'ish direction and start making naruto more unique, I might change my mind.

Now don't think I'm abandoning it yet. Not in the slightest. But my enthusiasm has definately cooled a lot.
Old 2004-11-19, 11:01   Link #19
HopelessLover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animizzle
Basically I could care less, it will [still] be subbed...

Exsactly. I don't know why people bitch about 4kids (or other liscening companies) taking down a good anime (like one piece), becuase every body knows fansubber's will still fansub it.
Old 2004-11-19, 12:53   Link #20
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

Well, they're mostly mad because all their favorite groups will stop subbing it and some dark back ally fan subbing group will pick it up and might not do quite the quality of the original groups (although there are exceptions) and on top of that they'll actually have to *work* to get their fix rather than just lazily clicking on a torrent here at AS and uber leaching.
Closed Thread