AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2005-12-18, 15:43   Link #1
sangofe

Aoki Densetsu Shoot

Little known football (soccer) anime, but, it seems very promising from the 2 episodes I've seen
sangofe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-26, 19:55   Link #2
Chotomatei
足球迷

I watched this anime when it was aired in Hong Kong and I must say that it really is quite exceptional. I am a massive Tsubasa fan but it seriously doesen't match up to Aoki. In fact I would go as far as saying this is my 2nd favourite sports anime of all time, just below Slam Dunk and I have watched a lot. I am extremely glad that Saizen has decided to fansub this series and hope it will have a good following for them to continue the project. Even if, like me, you thought wild striker was just average I would absolutely recommend downloading this anime, whether you like sports or not. Im so happy I can finally replace all these chinese dubbed vhs copies of Aoki I have. Saizen have definately made my Christmas.
Chotomatei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-26, 20:18   Link #3
PsychItsMike

Send a message via AIM to PsychItsMike
Ill take your word for it then cause im dling it right now
PsychItsMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-26, 21:30   Link #4
Hisoka Hajime
City Hunter

Send a message via AIM to Hisoka Hajime
Out of all the soccer anime out there, Aoki Densetsu Shoot is the one I've had my eye of for years. There is something about it that I feel will be absolutely great and I'm so happy that a great group like Saizen is working on it. Speaking of sports, Ashita no Joe is the anime series I want to see more then any other and that wish is finally going to come true thanks to Saizen. You guys have made my day.
Hisoka Hajime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-26, 22:32   Link #5
Chotomatei
足球迷

There's no doubt about it, you're in for quite a treat. Im just itching for the forums to come back up so I can personally thank Saizen for picking this series up. And here's hoping Saizen will sub the full series and the movie. Fingers crossed.
Old 2005-12-27, 00:08   Link #6
leongsh
Daijoubu!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chotomatei
And here's hoping Saizen will sub the full series and the movie. Fingers crossed.
The movie is not available yet on R2J DVD yet. When it is available, they are likely to look into that.

In the meantime, please continue supporting Aoki Densetsu Shoot! through all 58 episodes and getting the word out to more people to try this series. [No, I'm not Saizen staff but I have a vested interest in this show doing well ]
leongsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-27, 00:29   Link #7
Chotomatei
足球迷

Yeah, im hoping that the series does well too. Hopefully it might gather enough interest that a group would consider scanlating the manga. And judging by what you have said so far leongsh I take it you have already watched the entire series? Unfortunately I only started watching the series, when it was being aired, after kubos infamous last goal so im besides myself with anticipation on seeing it.
Old 2005-12-27, 00:52   Link #8
leongsh
Daijoubu!

Quote:
Yeah, im hoping that the series does well too. Hopefully it might gather enough interest that a group would consider scanlating the manga. And judging by what you have said so far leongsh I take it you have already watched the entire series?
Yes, I have watched the whole series. I have the 2 R2J DVD-Boxes that make up the complete TV series. Those 2 DVD-Boxes were released in mid-2005.

In addition, I have the complete manga series of Shoot! (the original story) on bunkoubans (totalling 16 bunkouban volumes).

Quote:
Unfortunately I only started watching the series, when it was being aired, after kubos infamous last goal so im besides myself with anticipation on seeing it.
I'll just let you guys wait with anticipation for THAT goal
Old 2005-12-27, 01:50   Link #9
PsychItsMike

So far ep 1 looks interesting. How old is this anime? Looks can be decieving i guess.
Old 2005-12-27, 01:56   Link #10
Chotomatei
足球迷

Well anidb states that it started in 1993. Didn't actually realise it has been that long since it was broadcasted. I guess time really does fly by quickly.
Old 2005-12-27, 04:33   Link #11
PsychItsMike

Haha so true so true, the goalie ummm forgot his name looks a lot like Yuske from Yu Yu Hakusho to me. When watching it, i suddenly felt the urge to yell Spirit Gun!
Old 2005-12-27, 20:18   Link #12
the_devil2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychItsMike
Haha so true so true, the goalie ummm forgot his name looks a lot like Yuske from Yu Yu Hakusho to me. When watching it, i suddenly felt the urge to yell Spirit Gun!
It certainly does, but kenji got darker skin and more mature looks compare to yuske!

I would have to recommend this series to everyone as well , as I have generally seen the complete series, when I was bit younger in Hong Kong. It certainly has a bit of feel from Captain Tsubasa & Wild Striker, when it comes to there shooting and goalkeeper saving, but not as over the top like in the Captain Tsubasa (original). It has just the right amount of drama happen through out the series, if you didn't enjoy so much on episode 1, it will get better and better as the story progress, so don't give up on it.
the_devil2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-27, 22:19   Link #13
PsychItsMike

I feel confident in the series now seeing how you watched it all. I guess just like Suzuka, story is far greater than animation quality.
Old 2005-12-28, 04:33   Link #14
Chotomatei
足球迷

I hope everyone just starting to watch the series didn't see the summary in anidb's entry for Shoot! It had an absolute corker of a spoiler in it, arguably the most dramatic moment in the series. Good job they changed it today though.
Old 2005-12-28, 16:23   Link #15
ShikaShika
無罪

Finally got around to watching the first episode. Looks interesting, I'll stay around for a few more episodes to see if it picks up. Sounds like it's going to be a whole new anime centered around Japanese high school football, but I guess it's easier to attract an audience if they can relate to the setting.

So the anime is from 1993, how old is the manga and is it still running? It's always interesting knowing a bit about the manga as well. Did either the manga or the anime "do well" in Japan? I can't imagine football having been very popular in Japan in 1993. IIRC they'd never even qualified for the World Cup back then.

Anyway, thanks Saizen, for bringing us something else than whatever might be running on tv in Japan. It's highly apreciated, even if not all of your projects might suit my taste perfectly.
ShikaShika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-28, 17:22   Link #16
Aryudsoh

Thanks to Saizen for bringing us this series.

This series seems interesting so far. I can see the animation and art style putting some off but it seems that there may be a good narrative underneath that will win people over. Saizen have very similar tastes to me as far as anime goes so I'm sure this will be an enjoyable show. Oh and I love the font being used to sub this show. A definite improvement over Wild Striker (not that that was bad mind!).

I found out there was a live action film of this made not too long ago known as 'Hit The Goal'. I might have to check it out but perhaps after the series is released. Anyone know if its any good?

Quote:
Speaking of sports, Ashita no Joe is the anime series I want to see more then any other and that wish is finally going to come true thanks to Saizen. You guys have made my day.
Didn't know Ashita no Joe was planned. That will definitely be high on my priority list! I'm a bit surprised that Saizen decided to sub a show as old as this but just goes to show their love of the genre and their commitment of bringing it to the masses.
Aryudsoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-28, 18:21   Link #17
Chotomatei
足球迷

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShikaShika
So the anime is from 1993, how old is the manga and is it still running? It's always interesting knowing a bit about the manga as well. Did either the manga or the anime "do well" in Japan?.
Im pretty sure the anime and manga were both quite popular throughout asia. Think there are 3 series in the Shoot! manga available, each lasting 16 volumes. The manga should have ended by now but i'll let someone else clarify that before jumping to conclusions.

Quote:
I can't imagine football having been very popular in Japan in 1993. IIRC they'd never even qualified for the World Cup back then.
Well Captain Tsubasa started in 1983. It wouldn't be implausible to say that even if football wasn't popular in Japan by that stage, CT might have been a reason, or even the catalyst, for the growth in interest.
Old 2005-12-28, 18:50   Link #18
the_devil2000

Quote:
Quote:
So the anime is from 1993, how old is the manga and is it still running? It's always interesting knowing a bit about the manga as well. Did either the manga or the anime "do well" in Japan?.

Im pretty sure the anime and manga were both quite popular throughout asia. Think there are 3 series in the Shoot! manga available, each lasting 16 volumes. The manga should have ended by now but i'll let someone else clarify that before jumping to conclusions.

Quote:
I can't imagine football having been very popular in Japan in 1993. IIRC they'd never even qualified for the World Cup back then.

Well Captain Tsubasa started in 1983. It wouldn't be implausible to say that even if football wasn't popular in Japan by that stage, CT might have been a reason, or even the catalyst, for the growth in interest..
In terms of comic Season 1, I think it is 33 volumes and it is what this anime story base on, unfortunately this anime ended before the last few volumes comes out in Japan, so you won't see one of the domestic match and when they goes oversea to play friendly.

Season 2 comic is 5 volumes and it talks about the main 3 character Toshi, kenji & kazuhiro, during the Junior High school years.

Season 3 comic is 12 volumes and season 4 comic is 16 volumes, it carry on from season 1 storys, and this comic finished in Japan in 2003.

The anime was pretty popular in Asia when it was first boardcast, it is ashame that they haven't made a season 2 for the anime, let's hope they might do in the future.
the_devil2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-28, 19:20   Link #19
leongsh
Daijoubu!

Quote:
So the anime is from 1993, how old is the manga and is it still running? It's always interesting knowing a bit about the manga as well.
The original manga started in 1990 and ran for 33 tankouban volumes. There was strong interest in the original manga that it continued with a prequel and then at least 2 sequels to the original story/manga. No one's going to do a prequel or a sequel unless there's stong interest in the original

EDIT: Was drafting my response before the_devil2000's response came up Anyway, refer to his earlier response above for more info.

Quote:
Did either the manga or the anime "do well" in Japan? I can't imagine football having been very popular in Japan in 1993. IIRC they'd never even qualified for the World Cup back then.
Yes, the show did quite well. Based on the time period of the manga and the show, there was a large growth in interest in football then as the J-League was getting its legs and foreign football stars (albeit those towards the end of their careers) were coming to play in the J-League.

Just a hint of how good it is, you can already see that a number of people have come out of the woodwork to show their support for this show which is more than 10 years old.
Old 2005-12-29, 02:33   Link #20
PsychItsMike

This series seems like a sleeper to me as in it was hidden but will surprise you. Never heard of this series but am damn well liking it! Since the anime doesnt finish with the season 1 manga, is it licensed or just scanlated?