AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2011-04-15, 08:06   Link #3801
Blutsauger

Send a message via MSN to Blutsauger
Yuji can't do anything about this. Not possible to just vanish from life, and reappear as if nothing happened. And if you could, Takahashi wouldn't add it in the final volume as it would end up asking more questions then answering. Unless that is his intention but I can't see this happening.
I'm just going to say that Kantaro and Chigusa will most likely name their next child Yuji. As in the same Yuji Sakai as in the Blutsauger weilding Mystes, Yuji. But I doubt we would hear about it until towards the end.
Blutsauger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-15, 14:18   Link #3802
pancakes
*Author

Well I think we can all agree that this subject is too debatable. All we know is that this baby will play a role in season 3. Just don't know what. I DO KNOW that season 3's gonna kick ass, and that's good enough for me.

ON A SIDE NOTE- A lot of you guys or friends suggested that I see Zero no Tsukaima. Mainly because it had a lot of the same elements as Shakugan no Shana. I got up to...like episode 3? And it wasn't that bad. It's really funny hearing those voice actors again. I wonder if Satoshi Hino ever gets tired of being told to "urasai" LOL. But I think someone said it in an other shana thread that there is a LOT of fanservice, and I couldn't agree more. In just three episodes Saito was kissed, saw a girl half naked many times, seduced, whipped, and stepped on (if you count that as sexual). But after watching Desert Punk that didn't seem to bother me as much. Anyone suggest that I continue this series? Or no? Advice would be appreciated.
pancakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-15, 17:24   Link #3803
SkyFlames
Silver, the Second

Only the first season worths it. Second is a big "wtf" and third is pure fan service.
Novels are ok till volume 10 or so, then it starts repeating till the point of sickness.
Old 2011-04-15, 17:29   Link #3804
pancakes
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyFlames View Post
Only the first season worths it. Second is a big "wtf" and third is pure fan service.
Novels are ok till volume 10 or so, then it starts repeating till the point of sickness.
Thanks for the advice. I just downloaded season 1. I'll watch that tonight. Kinda scared about season 2 though. "Wtf" is never good.
Old 2011-04-15, 19:48   Link #3805
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

坂井悠三 (Sakai Yuumi).
This is probably gonna be Yuuji's younger sister.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-15, 20:50   Link #3806
elleinad00

Umh... question it's kinda a bit out of place but are there any volumes that tells about shana's past like what really happened to her before wilhelmina got her?, what's her real name if none why did wilhelmina didn't named her?, AGE..., or just any thing about her past....?(sorry for this of topic question
elleinad00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-16, 01:07   Link #3807
SkyFlames
Silver, the Second

Not really, the Volume 5 counts the past of Shana in Tendokyou, but because they raised Shana since she was a baby, she does not got really a "past". Then her age is not revealed, the author just use references as "this girl did not seem older than twelve or eleven years old" or something like that. Till now, I have found this kind of references repeatly on the first novels.

I trudely do not want a finale where Yuji is dead... It would be like a waste to me, since they focused so much on him, skipping over everything just to give him a background and then he gets killed, forgotten and banishes? ...
Old 2011-04-16, 04:05   Link #3808
Flere821
Lurker

Quote:
Off-topic, but after Vol14-5 when Joseph (and Vittorio) plays a bigger part it gets more intense. BakaTsuki doesn't go that high however.

But yeah, the ZnT anime sucked. And the fan-service does gets repetitive in both the anime and novels (albeit in the novels the relationship actually progresses eventually...)
Flere821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-16, 08:28   Link #3809
pancakes
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post
Off-topic, but after Vol14-5 when Joseph (and Vittorio) plays a bigger part it gets more intense. BakaTsuki doesn't go that high however.

But yeah, the ZnT anime sucked. And the fan-service does gets repetitive in both the anime and novels (albeit in the novels the relationship actually progresses eventually...)
Alright thank you as well.
Old 2011-04-16, 08:36   Link #3810
pancakes
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by elleinad00 View Post
Umh... question it's kinda a bit out of place but are there any volumes that tells about shana's past like what really happened to her before wilhelmina got her?, what's her real name if none why did wilhelmina didn't named her?, AGE..., or just any thing about her past....?(sorry for this of topic question
Yep SkyFlames pretty much summed it up. But honestly, do her origins really matter? IMO I think that part of the story is left out for realistic purposes and doesn't affect the story whatsoever. But curiosity never killed the cat....

Anyway, it is the general idea that flame hazes don't age, but for some reason, and feel free to call me out on this, I think that Shana got older. Mentally and physically. When she met Yuji though, she was probably like 12 or 13.
Old 2011-04-16, 08:43   Link #3811
pancakes
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
坂井悠三 (Sakai Yuumi).
This is probably gonna be Yuuji's younger sister.
No, you're wrong.

If it's a boy, Ike Sakai.

If it's a girl, La Shonda Sakai.
Old 2011-04-16, 09:35   Link #3812
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Lolwut, pancakes?
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-16, 11:41   Link #3813
Elf song

@pancakes わけがわからない...

悠三 is tend to be read as "Yuuzou" (male's name)
悠三郎 "Yuuzaburou"

For alternative, it could be 三悠 "Miyu"
Elf song is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-16, 18:10   Link #3814
SkyFlames
Silver, the Second

Teh_Ping made a great advance on the Shana traslation. Check it out.

http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/in...ume8_Chapter_1

from 3 to 33 % wow
Old 2011-04-16, 19:38   Link #3815
elleinad00

Sky flames and pancakes thank you soo much!! ^_____________^
elleinad00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-16, 21:09   Link #3816
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Teh_Ping made a great advance on the Shana traslation. Check it out.

http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/in...ume8_Chapter_1

from 3 to 33 % wow
That certainly is a big advance to take so quickly That probably goes to show the determination??
Old 2011-04-16, 22:11   Link #3817
SkyFlames
Silver, the Second

That traslations are even faster than the ones I can handle to spanish. Mmm I got more work now ._.'
Old 2011-04-17, 05:51   Link #3818
Blutsauger

Send a message via MSN to Blutsauger
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh_Ping View Post
I'm still struggling to get motivated to work..

Someone wake me up with a dope slap, please?
Thank you Teh Ping! And whoever dope slapped him/ her!
Blutsauger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-18, 05:43   Link #3819
yuusan

Unhappy help

i am new hear that Japanese companies are working anyone know if it is possible to order the manga shana Shakugan no number 9 in Japan?
yuusan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-18, 09:28   Link #3820
Kaskodiona
Let's all love Shana-tan.

Location: Location? LOCATION YOU SAY?! ...I won't be a bot and say it like a bot.
Hai (That's how my friends say Hi xD), I'm back and I'm sick. Yeah... I don't want to do anything with my scanner until I'm fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuusan View Post
i am new hear that Japanese companies are working anyone know if it is possible to order the manga shana Shakugan no number 9 in Japan?
You would have to wait for them to get it translated, which goes pretty fast.
...I think.
Kaskodiona is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, romance, seinen, shounen