AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

Old 2008-10-11, 03:55   Link #2141
Blade_Lord
Lord of Blades

Hope that answers your question. For your information the sheath of Excallibur is Avalon.

Emiya Shirou,the Counter Guardian.
Blade_Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-18, 23:44   Link #2142
shinobiknight0
I'm a Senior Member!
*Graphic Designer

I have a question about Fate: Zero. I'm currently reading the translation by Baka-Tsuki and I want to know the answer even though it's gonna spoil it for me.

Toikomi Tohsaka summons Gilgamesh in the 4th war, and Kirei has Hassan.

What event occured that made Gilgamesh Kirei's servant later on in FSN?
Old 2008-10-19, 00:08   Link #2143
Blade_Lord
Lord of Blades

A spoiler...
Spoiler for Kirei's Gilgamesh:

Old 2008-10-19, 07:19   Link #2144
iamandragon
Martian diplomat

Send a message via ICQ to iamandragon
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElldenStorm View Post
Right, I was actually refering to it as a Sheath, in the form and context of a verb. It's what it does. It sheaths and hides the sword. It's not an object, it's an action, it's what it's doing. I realize it's not an object / noun.
At least when talking about King Arthur, the word sheath 'sheath' should not be misused. According to Merlin, a sheath is something that contains a sword--where the sword is put in and kept at rest when it's not being used.

Invisible Air is an enchantment that gives Excalibur a 'power up', which is only on when Excalibur is used. Exactly the opposite of what a sheath does.
iamandragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-19, 11:51   Link #2145
Blade_Lord
Lord of Blades

Quote:
Invisible Air is an enchantment that gives Excalibur a 'power up', which is only on when Excalibur is used. Exactly the opposite of what a sheath does.
In what way does Invisible air is a power up? The only thing it does is hide the true nature of the sword. Yeah the sword is invisible but one with high skill like Assassin or Lancer are capable to hold their ground again them,(Even Lancer wasn't serious at that time as he was bound by the command seal.)

Old 2008-10-19, 16:33   Link #2146
iamandragon
Martian diplomat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade_Lord View Post
In what way does Invisible air is a power up? The only thing it does is hide the true nature of the sword. Yeah the sword is invisible but one with high skill like Assassin or Lancer are capable to hold their ground again them,(Even Lancer wasn't serious at that time as he was bound by the command seal.)
If the sword is without the enchantment, Assassin and Lancer and other servants have an easier time with it. And Assassin is the only one skilled enough to know her sword's reach, but because it's invisible it's making Assassin put extra effort into picturing the sword in his mind--that little extra effort might be the tide-turners in real battles.

As for Lancer, the reason he's holding ground against Saber is because of the property of his weapon. A lancer would always be on the attacking side because of his weapon's reach, so all he need to do is to keep Saber at his maximum reach without letting her close in.

And other servants can only block her sword via armor/tough body with Invisible Air is on. (though we don't see her slashing away without it, so it's not a legitimate argument here)
Old 2008-10-20, 00:45   Link #2147
Blade_Lord
Lord of Blades

Some other servant that can hold them is Archer and Rider. Archer knew the length because he used to be Saber's master while Rider has high mobility and she got two spikes.

By the way, how fast is Nine lives blade Work? In terms of mach I mean.

Old 2008-10-20, 08:43   Link #2148
iamandragon
Martian diplomat

Quote:
Some other servant that can hold them is Archer and Rider. Archer knew the length because he used to be Saber's master while Rider has high mobility and she got two spikes.
Archer got slashed down in an instant without activating his 'eye of the mind'. And even with 'eye of the mind' activated, he still didn't clash swords with Saber.

Rider only dodged Saber's attacks completely by moving away from her as far as possible when she see Saber's hands drawing forward.

Also, Invisible Air can also be used once as a super-powerful whrilwind slash which is capable of ripping True Assassin into shreds upon impact by focusing the wind at one target.

Quote:
Right now I don't have much time on my end, but if no one answers I'll give you a precise figure with calculations this Sunday, Beijing time.
Old 2008-10-20, 10:39   Link #2149
Blade_Lord
Lord of Blades

Quote:
Archer got slashed down in an instant without activating his 'eye of the mind'. And even with 'eye of the mind' activated, he still didn't clash swords with Saber.

Rider only dodged Saber's attacks completely by moving away from her as far as possible when she see Saber's hands drawing forward.
Actually Archer let himself be slashed by Saber. Rin knew that and that's why she thought Archer regain his memory or at least know Saber identity(UBW route).

Also we're talking about the King of Blades here(Able not only to copy swords but download the skill on how to use them). And he happens to be Saber master during his grail war. He also clash sword with Saber in UBW route and even though he's 1/10 of his strength he's not an instant lose against Saber. All thanks to his battle experience. (Don't say he doesn't have any cause if he didn't his Eye of the mind will not reach B-rank. Shirou is not a genius so he must have gone through a lot of battle to be able to draw experience from and formulate a plan to win the battle even with 1% chance of winning).

Someone said before that using the same noble phantasm as the other servant against a servant head-on Archer does not stand a chance,(stat-wise) yeah problem is it's not him doing the fighting, it's the weapon he traced. The weapon moved on it's own(Calliburn scene) and that's why Shirou can chop off Berserker's arm even when berserker charged at him full speed). And shirou's rank of agility should be lower than E.

Last edited by Blade_Lord; 2008-10-20 at 11:00.
Old 2008-10-20, 20:20   Link #2150
shinobiknight0
I'm a Senior Member!
*Graphic Designer

Thanks for that answer before.

I still want to know more though.

Spoiler for FSN:
Old 2008-10-20, 21:52   Link #2151
Cruor

Quote:

I heard Nine Lives was like the speed of sound therefore mach one I guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinobiknight0 View Post

Spoiler for FSN:
There is no significance to the word 'Gae.' There is also I believe no connection between the Fianna and Cu Chulainn at least none I can think of.
Cruor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-21, 00:51   Link #2152
Blade_Lord
Lord of Blades

Quote:
I heard Nine Lives was like the speed of sound therefore mach one I guess.
Umm actually it's way faster than that. While berserker is swinging the rocky blade one time towards Shirou with the speed of sound Shirou has already hit him like 8 times. And the ninth time comes when berserker hesitate for 1 millisecond or so I heard.

Ah by the way Nine lives blade work is like the ultimate skill. This skill differs with different enemy under different circumstances.

Old 2008-10-21, 00:58   Link #2153
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

Quote:
Actually Archer let himself be slashed by Saber. Rin knew that and that's why she thought Archer regain his memory or at least know Saber identity(UBW route).
What? Didn't Saber not slash Archer in the UBW route? Plus, I don't remember reading anything about Archer letting Saber slash him.
OceanBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-21, 01:12   Link #2154
Blade_Lord
Lord of Blades

Okay firstly I'm talking about Saber slash Archer down before the choice where you have to stop Saber or not.

Go through the UBW route until the part where Rider was defeated. There's the part where Rin asked Archer whether Archer knew Saber after he let himself be slashed and also he scold saber for something. Archer said he kinda did but his memory is still fuzzy. Archer or rather Shirou is a bad liar that's why they usually hid the truth instead. Thus that's why he said his memory is there just not in proper order or something.

Shirou and Rin are a few meters away from Archer and they know Archer let himself be slash down.

This can be find out when:
Shirou asked Saber about Archer in Fate Route.
Rin asked about Archer after she put two on two together and knows that Archer recognize Saber.

This may be Archer's expression of recognizing Saber. And heck we're talking about a guy who can block(though barely) even Lancer's lightning fast Gae Bolg even when he's serious.

And yeah it's easy to miss a few points here and there. It is quite lengthy after all. You can't possibly remember them all unless you read them really closely.

Btw Archer didn't got slashed in UBW route. He just got into a situation that if he released his guard his head will be cut down by Saber's sword. Then again his strength is 1/10 of his usual strength against Saber which has her full strength under Rin.

Old 2008-10-21, 07:49   Link #2155
iamandragon
Martian diplomat

Quote:
Don't remember where is that, maybe I'll have to replay the game once I've got time, or you can make my life easier by telling me which day so I can skip to it.
Also, remember that "Did Archer have his memories in the beginning?" is a question still unverified as there is no proof is he lying or not, so Archer 'let himself be slashed' might not be the truth.

Quote:
Also we're talking about the King of Blades here(Able not only to copy swords but download the skill on how to use them). And he happens to be Saber master during his grail war. He also clash sword with Saber in UBW route and even though he's 1/10 of his strength he's not an instant lose against Saber. All thanks to his battle experience. (Don't say he doesn't have any cause if he didn't his Eye of the mind will not reach B-rank. Shirou is not a genius so he must have gone through a lot of battle to be able to draw experience from and formulate a plan to win the battle even with 1% chance of winning).
It was Eye of the Mind that allows him to hold against Saber. In a fight against western swords it is possible to determine approximately where your opponent is aiming for by observing their shoulder and hips(which, believe or not, I am very good at!).

And with two blades, Archer can simply place them at where Saber's sword might flow through and block it that way. Otherwise he could have blocked with one blade and slashed Saber's arm off with another, which is a basic in dual weapon wielding. But because he can't tell where the sword is actually going for, he will have to block all possible routes calculated by his Eye of the Mind Saber's sword is taking, therefore dis-allowing him to do the 'block with one, retaliate with another technique'

Quote:
Someone said before that using the same noble phantasm as the other servant against a servant head-on Archer does not stand a chance,(stat-wise) yeah problem is it's not him doing the fighting, it's the weapon he traced. The weapon moved on it's own(Calliburn scene) and that's why Shirou can chop off Berserker's arm even when berserker charged at him full speed). And shirou's rank of agility should be lower than E.
Yup. Though Archer suffers from experience, his mana pretty much makes up for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinobiknight0 View Post

Spoiler for FSN:
Story wise, none in the novel nor the myth, not that I know of, at least...
Old 2008-10-21, 08:46   Link #2156
Blade_Lord
Lord of Blades

Quote:
Also, remember that "Did Archer have his memories in the beginning?" is a question still unverified as there is no proof is he lying or not, so Archer 'let himself be slashed' might not be the truth.
Why not?Rin and Shirou both saw what happen. Shirou said he can match Lancer pretty well even with that inhuman speed. Yet he's totally taken down in less than 1 minute. And he thought he saw Archer recognizes her when he saw Saber. Rin said the same thing too. And she's much more closer(I mean distance not relationship) to Archer than Shirou.

Even in the Hollow Ataxaria during the Hrunting showdown, none of his shot are aimed at Saber(all at Shirou). And he go into this monologue where he will never forget Saber even if he's in hell. He got a feeling for Saber alright but probably not as deep as Shirou did in Fate.

Quote:
Yup. Though Archer suffers from experience, his mana pretty much makes up for it.
You mean his stats suffer.

Quote:
* Eye of the Mind (True)

The ability to effectuate rapid and precise judgments gained through experience and training. Archer is capable of calmly analyzing situations even during a battle, applying strategy and skills to turn the tables in his favor. As long as there is at least a 1% chance of victory, he is able to devise a plan to exploit that possibility.
His training and experience. I don't think he can reach B-rank if he's experience is low.

Quote:
Don't remember where is that, maybe I'll have to replay the game once I've got time, or you can make my life easier by telling me which day so I can skip to it.
If I'm not mistaken it's day 7.

Old 2008-10-21, 10:11   Link #2157
whitewater_81
...sigh...

Send a message via MSN to whitewater_81 Send a message via Yahoo to whitewater_81
Okay,this really keeps bothering so please,anyone help me with this...

Does saber and shiro have sex to replenish mana?!?!?!?SERIOUSLY?!?!
(am referrin to episode 21 specifically..)

Please answer anyone...really can't sleep with this.T_T
Old 2008-10-21, 10:56   Link #2158
Blade_Lord
Lord of Blades

Yeah they did.Seriously you don't really expect they're in that stance until they fall asleep do you?

Old 2008-10-21, 20:04   Link #2159
Cruor

Quote:
Umm actually it's way faster than that. While berserker is swinging the rocky blade one time towards Shirou with the speed of sound Shirou has already hit him like 8 times. And the ninth time comes when berserker hesitate for 1 millisecond or so I heard.

Ah by the way Nine lives blade work is like the ultimate skill. This skill differs with different enemy under different circumstances.
Wait now I remember it was Kuro Berserker moving at the speed of sound (mach 1) and Shirou moved about like mach 5 or 6 or something.

And yes Nine Lives is pretty much the ultimate attack on a single enemy its probably one of the strongest Anti-Unit attacks shown in Fate/stay Night as he 'Imagines' one of the strongest Noble Phantasms attack and pretty much duplicates the effect. I think it was like 'Shooting Hundred---' something.

Wait here is a translation of the scene
Spoiler for Nine Lives Blade Works:

Edit: Actually I have a question. If Shirou was able to pull off Nine Lives because of Archer's circuits does that mean Archer could have done this himself?

Last edited by Cruor; 2008-10-22 at 15:48.
Cruor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-21, 21:21   Link #2160
whitewater_81
...sigh...

Send a message via MSN to whitewater_81 Send a message via Yahoo to whitewater_81
Quote:
Yeah they did.Seriously you don't really expect they're in that stance until they fall asleep do you?
lol.Thanks.Just wanna confirm that's all.hehe.

Makes me want to play the game though..