AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-10-09, 19:34   Link #1
Gunboat Diplomat
Honey Flash!

Can someone recommend a good Bleach fansub?

A plethora of groups are subbing this title and I was wondering if anyone can suggest which one I might like. I prefer a more literal translation but I also appreciate coherent English sentences. I also prefer a very clear and simple font.

Thanks for your help!
Old 2004-10-09, 20:05   Link #2
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunboat Diplomat
A plethora of groups are subbing this title and I was wondering if anyone can suggest which one I might like. I prefer a more literal translation but I also appreciate coherent English sentences. I also prefer a very clear and simple font.

Thanks for your help!
I like Anime Keep's versions of anime. They tend to have a good ballance, and spend a bit of time on their translations. Also the quality of the video is usually exceptional, not that im biased or anything :P

http://a.scarywater.net/akeep/
Old 2004-10-09, 20:53   Link #3
Meatwad
Banned

Any group but Lunar Anime, the ANBU KEEP joint one is the best (mentioned in the previous post).
Old 2004-10-09, 22:23   Link #4
Ookla The Mok

Not everyone planning to sub it has released yet, if you want to keep your options open.
Old 2004-10-10, 01:50   Link #5
zalas
tsubasa o sagashite

Send a message via ICQ to zalas
http://www.anime-planet.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13681 should give you an idea of the different groups.
Old 2004-10-10, 01:59   Link #6
Meatwad
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by zalas
http://www.anime-planet.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13681 should give you an idea of the different groups.
That site is quite biast, best way to go is a personal opinion.
Old 2004-10-10, 04:19   Link #7
Kasshin
Kasshin X Kasshin

Send a message via ICQ to Kasshin Send a message via AIM to Kasshin Send a message via MSN to Kasshin
Well, when there's a review on the translation technicalities, it's not about "opinions" anymore, it's about the facts. Facts that I won't know about, but would want to. Also, seeing someone else's opinion about something is a great help too, sometimes. You may even find people you constantly agree with on most points. Then if they do a (brief) review, it could save you the trouble of downloading all the versions and seeing for yourself. At least it'd help narrow down the number of versions you might check out. Screenshots are usually posted as well; that's definitely much more convenient than downloading a whole episode just to see minor stuff like what the group used for their main dialogue font.
Old 2004-10-10, 05:04   Link #8
7thMethuselah

This site might be interesting to you to compare the different fansubbers

http://ultima.hafio.info/
Old 2004-10-10, 12:07   Link #9
hooliganj
Team Player

Since one guy said anybody but Lunar, I'll chime in and say Lunar is the one I'm going with for now. Their translation isn't as 'technically' accurate as A-Keep/Anbu's, but it's because they tried to localize and adapt the dialogue a bit, not because they didn't know what was being said.

And I could care less about Death God (Lunar) vs Soul Reaper (A-Keep/Anbu).
Old 2004-10-10, 13:55   Link #10
7thMethuselah

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooliganj
Since one guy said anybody but Lunar, I'll chime in and say Lunar is the one I'm going with for now. Their translation isn't as 'technically' accurate as A-Keep/Anbu's, but it's because they tried to localize and adapt the dialogue a bit, not because they didn't know what was being said.

And I could care less about Death God (Lunar) vs Soul Reaper (A-Keep/Anbu).
i went Lunar as well wince they tried to make the dialogue into a soft kind of slang, some won't like this, others will, personally I don't mind, makes the dialogues more real. No one goes around shouting complicated words when they are about the smash someone's skull

A good thing about ANBU/A-Keep is that they do not translate the moves, while Lunar did... Ah well, I can't have it all I guess
Old 2004-10-10, 14:22   Link #11
crumja
AnimeONE Do-It-All

Personally, I'm holding out for TW.
Old 2004-10-10, 14:37   Link #12
Crimsonmon

Send a message via AIM to Crimsonmon Send a message via MSN to Crimsonmon
Quote:
I'd hardly count on the opinion of those elitists.
Old 2004-10-10, 18:28   Link #13
zalas
tsubasa o sagashite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimsonmon
I'd hardly count on the opinion of those elitists.
How so? Some of the opinions on that forum are rather not useful, but the threads do link to specific instances of comparisons and also screenshots.
Old 2004-10-10, 18:59   Link #14
Meatwad
Banned

Quote:
How so? Some of the opinions on that forum are rather not useful, but the threads do link to specific instances of comparisons and also screenshots.
most are STILL biast reviews, bashing on groups they do not like.
Old 2004-10-10, 19:02   Link #15
crumja
AnimeONE Do-It-All

As an occasional reviewer on A-Planet, I have to say that, yes, bias is a human trait and is unavoidable in ALL reviews.

Yes, I am biased. That is because certain groups develop reputations. Despite that, we do try our best to give a good recommendation after examining all aspect of the final release.

However, I haven't seen any group bashing (that was allowed by mods) because we do respect everyone's reasons for and mentalities of subbing.
Old 2004-10-10, 20:03   Link #16
DekaMaster
Banned

A site dedicated to ripping apart fansubs is a lame idea IMO.
Old 2004-10-10, 21:17   Link #17
crumja
AnimeONE Do-It-All

I think that comment is a bit harsh. We do review all aspects of different groups' versions, both to give viewers information about each without having to download and to provide subbers with areas to improve on (if they care).

What's more, anime-planet's main purpose is to recommend shows. One subforum dedicated to reviewing different versions doesn't mean the site is dedicated to ripping groups.
Old 2004-10-10, 21:21   Link #18
Meatwad
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DekaMaster
I totally agree!
Old 2004-10-11, 03:58   Link #19
zalas
tsubasa o sagashite

Quote:
Originally Posted by DekaMaster
Having leechers blindly following whatever fansubbers do is a worse idea. Having an idea of where a fansub is deficient will encourage people to improve.
Old 2004-10-11, 04:10   Link #20
LytHka
Banned

If you are looking for the best fansub possible it's best to check out APN, especially for the more popular shows like Bleach. I'll agree with crumja: it gets as biased as one human nature can be.

I always check APN forums yet I don't always agree with the OPINIONS and PREFERENCES expressed there. The facts are there and to those facts noone opposes (noone can oppose).

Comments like 'comparing fansubs is silly' usually come from people not caring for the release quality (meaning people who download the first version out there) and fansubbing n00bs not getting their job done right or just lacking confidence in knowing the quality of their work.
Closed Thread