AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2006-05-02, 18:56   Link #1
lordyu

What happens when nature catchs up

What happen when coordinators get a simple cold. Nature has a way of balancing
the inequalities. It might not happen but what will happen to naturals when it and if it happens.
lordyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-02, 19:00   Link #2
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordyu
What happen when coordinators get a simple cold. Nature has a way of balancing
the inequalities. It might not happen but what will happen to naturals when it and if it happens.
I don't get it, why would anything happen to naturals if coordinators catch a simple cold?
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-02, 19:06   Link #3
lordyu

coordinators immune system is super powerfull and a cold the can challenge such of a powerfull system would simply beatup the much weaker natural immune system. there is no cure for a common cold. use your imagination!!
lordyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-02, 19:15   Link #4
monster

Ok, I was just asking, lol.

But in my opinion, a common cold is just a common cold. The only reason why you still get it is because there's a cold virus that your body has no defense yet, that's all. So to a natural, any new cold is still a cold. If it manages to infect a coordinator then it just means it has adapted against the coordinator immune system, it's not like it's going to start making you cough blood or anything like that, otherwise it'll be too different from a common cold virus that people won't call it that anymore.
Old 2006-05-02, 21:23   Link #5
Knightmare213

Quote:
Originally Posted by monstert
Ok, I was just asking, lol.

But in my opinion, a common cold is just a common cold. The only reason why you still get it is because there's a cold virus that your body has no defense yet, that's all. So to a natural, any new cold is still a cold. If it manages to infect a coordinator then it just means it has adapted against the coordinator immune system, it's not like it's going to start making you cough blood or anything like that, otherwise it'll be too different from a common cold virus that people won't call it that anymore.
You're saying it like the common cold virus had evolved to a different strain of virus to infect the Cordies. Even if the Cordies' immune systems are stronger than of the Naturals, I don't see how a common cold virus would naturally evolve into a powerful disease unless it was genetically-modified.
Knightmare213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-02, 22:20   Link #6
Fafnir
I believe I can fly!

*Sees umpteenth Rau clone working on super cold* Ahem.
Although, even though a strain could get around a cordie system, doesn't mean it's any stronger. It just means it's something foreign to the system, and it has no current way of fighting it.

Also, Knightmare, you sig only took 3!!!
Fafnir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-02, 23:07   Link #7
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightmare213
You're saying it like the common cold virus had evolved to a different strain of virus to infect the Cordies. Even if the Cordies' immune systems are stronger than of the Naturals, I don't see how a common cold virus would naturally evolve into a powerful disease unless it was genetically-modified.
Hmmm, I'm not sure what you think I meant but this thread is started on the assumption that there is a common cold virus that can affect coordinators. And Fafnir pretty much sums up my response quite nicely:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fafnir
even though a strain could get around a cordie system, doesn't mean it's any stronger. It just means it's something foreign to the system, and it has no current way of fighting it.
Old 2006-05-03, 11:28   Link #8
WhereAmI
Ecchi Otaku

Location: Inside your head, I'm a figment of your imagination
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightmare213
I suggest you read up on evolution. There are many diseases that change over time and become drug resistance. It doesn't always require genetic-modification.
WhereAmI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-03, 11:55   Link #9
Sety
Lost in your Eyes~~~

Not to mention the space whale which seems to have dissappeared off the face of C.E.

Theres always a possibility we could have a space virus. It doesn't have to be manmade and Cordies should be immune to any disease, it just means they are less vulnerable. Any new/foreign disease they'd be equally vulnerable to whether it be from a animal or space.
Sety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-03, 12:17   Link #10
idofgrahf

Send a message via MSN to idofgrahf
Um hasn't nature already caught up, considering that the coordinators are a dying race? Their rate of reproduction is dropping quickly and pretty soon it will be lower then their death rates, and all the wars couldn't help them any. I know they were working on a cure but will it make it in time, by then their gene pool would be so depleted it won't matter. That and I think EA banned any citizens from genetic alterations after the war started and probably will continue that bann.

Lacan/Grahf
idofgrahf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-03, 13:15   Link #11
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sety
Not to mention the space whale which seems to have dissappeared off the face of C.E.

Theres always a possibility we could have a space virus. It doesn't have to be manmade and Cordies should be immune to any disease, it just means they are less vulnerable. Any new/foreign disease they'd be equally vulnerable to whether it be from a animal or space.
lol I never understood what the space whale is about, is it an alien species? It doesn't seem to have any significance in the story.
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-03, 13:37   Link #12
Sety
Lost in your Eyes~~~

The significance is that the first co-ordinator George Glenn was part of the manned flight to Jupiter. Using a early type Mobile Suit used for excavation he found the fossil of a space whale. The first ever proof of life beyond Earth and the biggest news ever. When he came back to earth he revealed he was genetically modified and he couldn't have achieved anything as well if it weren't for it causing the mad rush of co-ords and sudden hatred.

Other than that it was just an interesting note of history and never really had any significance -_-
Sety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-03, 17:06   Link #13
WhereAmI
Ecchi Otaku

Location: Inside your head, I'm a figment of your imagination
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sety
The significance is that the first co-ordinator George Glenn was part of the manned flight to Jupiter. Using a early type Mobile Suit used for excavation he found the fossil of a space whale. The first ever proof of life beyond Earth and the biggest news ever. When he came back to earth he revealed he was genetically modified and he couldn't have achieved anything as well if it weren't for it causing the mad rush of co-ords and sudden hatred.

Other than that it was just an interesting note of history and never really had any significance -_-
Maybe they will create a whole series around it
WhereAmI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-03, 17:27   Link #14
Knightmare213

Quote:
Originally Posted by idofgrahf
Um hasn't nature already caught up, considering that the coordinators are a dying race? Their rate of reproduction is dropping quickly and pretty soon it will be lower then their death rates, and all the wars couldn't help them any. I know they were working on a cure but will it make it in time, by then their gene pool would be so depleted it won't matter. That and I think EA banned any citizens from genetic alterations after the war started and probably will continue that bann.
Cordies being sterile after second generation Cordies is not by a disease but by a genetic disorder. Something within their genes prevent the fertilization of the embryo and not being able to have new babies.

I think this is why Talia Gladys left Gilbert D. in Destiny, after saying "I want a baby." There might be a chance that she knew that Gilbert was sterile and met a first generation Cordie to have a baby after getting...busy with him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhereAmI
I actually had an idea for the third season of SEED, based on a book titled The Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood. My idea should still be at the thread for ideas for the third season of CE series.
Knightmare213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-03, 17:35   Link #15
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhereAmI
I could so see yet another Al Da Flaga clone yelling "for hate's sake I spit my last breath at thee." at a space whale...
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote