anime lurker

ok thank you
The-Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-26, 19:12   Link #603
Sirmackerel

Quote:
Originally Posted by CronuZ View Post
Spoiler:
I'd really like to see that original art... do you have a link?
Sirmackerel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-27, 10:07   Link #604
Nagoyan

>Sirmackerel
Here it is.
http://youandj.info/up/img/you0013.jpg
Nagoyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-27, 10:54   Link #605
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

right... a knightmare frame with a boar head...original...
Old 2006-11-27, 11:11   Link #606
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagoyan View Post
To me that top one just looks like a modded Glasgow. The horns and the forward cannon are the only additions to the Panzer Infantry model. The bottom one is the Crimson Lotus Type 2 yes? That claw looks pretty mean.

Lol, at the bottom left picture of Karen; she brings her own airbags .
Sonhex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-27, 12:42   Link #607
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonhex View Post
ouch? i mean if you think about it...crashing into something like a brick wall might cause some serious pain...unless they are padded

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-27, 15:15   Link #608
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
You know, there's an oldie super robot anime where the main bad guy is a guy named Brai and has horns I believe.

The upper Knightmare frame is "Brai." And it has horns.
Old 2006-11-27, 17:41   Link #609
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonhex View Post
To me that top one just looks like a modded Glasgow. The horns and the forward cannon are the only additions to the Panzer Infantry model. The bottom one is the Crimson Lotus Type 2 yes? That claw looks pretty mean.

Don't Underestimate the horns; it's Lelouch's personal mech, while he is using the Zero identity. Everyone else uses the hornless versions, so lelouch stands out as the "King" of their chess army. Kallen uses Red Lotus MkII, likely as the "Queen" of the chess board... She has the most firepower, but not being the one in charge of the troops.
Old 2006-11-27, 20:57   Link #610
Sirmackerel

Quote:
I'm much obliged. That claw looks awesome. Here's hoping it doesn't get trashed by the Lancelot in their first encounter...
Sirmackerel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-27, 20:59   Link #611
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:

So we can call lulu's mech Horny then?
Old 2006-11-27, 21:13   Link #612
omegastar

That's weird... I remember seeing a red Lancelot type mech with a pretty different design somewhere, ad I thought Lelouch would get it.
Seems like it was just a previous design, after all.

Also... that's one quite fanservicey cockpit, especially when doing long melee attacks
omegastar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-28, 01:04   Link #613
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by omegastar View Post
That's weird... I remember seeing a red Lancelot type mech with a pretty different design somewhere, ad I thought Lelouch would get it.
Seems like it was just a previous design, after all.
No, I which scan you're referring to and it's a fuck-up from Newtype Magazine - they released several scans with a lot of errors like hair or eye color completely off the mark, like Lelouch's hair being white, Shirley's hair turned to black instead of orange/red, Ashford Academy's female uniform went from pale yellow to dark red, etc, etc. It's the colorist who didn't bother to check the official, original designs before filling up the black and white drawings the artists gave him to finish up.

It was the Lancelot all right...but the color scheme was all wrong.
Quote:
Also... that's one quite fanservicey cockpit, especially when doing long melee attacks
Yeah but it must be a pretty uncomfortable one - especially if the mech were to withstand shocks. I'm not sure Kallen's protected and safe in that position. I don't see any braces or anything to prevent her body from slamming on the bulkhead behind her - but I hope the mechanical designers found something to circumvent that.

Otherwise, I'm a bit surprised there aren't Slash Harkens (wired rocket anchors) anymore - but, well, the lineart still looks like a draft (perhaps because they don't want to release such a big spoiler right now) so I'm still sticking to the hope that the final design somewhat differ from the one shown here...although the cockpit schematics look pretty much final to me.
Old 2006-11-28, 02:37   Link #614
Cal-Reflector

Question:

So, the Ashford's know what Leulouch's true identity is, right?

And if Leulouch is in hiding with a fake name, ever since seven years ago, that means that the Ashford family's actions is probably something that would not curry favor with the Emperor and other members of the royal family?

So, the Ashford's have been protecting/hiding Leulouch and Nanaly, at risk to themselves, for seven years. And that Leulouch has been hiding at Ashford Academy in Japan since his mother's assassination.

Clarification from those in the know would be appreciated. But if we establish the above:

1) Does Millay, granddaughter to the head of the Ashford family, know Leulouch's true identity?

2)Does it seem that Millay has known Leulouch for a very long time?

3)Is Suzaku aware that Leulouch is a prince of Brittania?
Old 2006-11-28, 09:27   Link #615
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cal-Reflector View Post
Question:

So, the Ashford's know what Leulouch's true identity is, right?
Lelouch once wondered how long could he still count on the Ashfords' support - I guess that at least the patriarch, Millay's grandfather, must know who they truly are since he went as far as giving them a special residence (officially for Nanaly's benefit) inside the school grounds instead of the usual dormitories.

Quote:
And if Leulouch is in hiding with a fake name, ever since seven years ago, that means that the Ashford family's actions is probably something that would not curry favor with the Emperor and other members of the royal family?
Lelouch was, to the best of my knowledge, banished from the family/palace and to Japan...which happens to have been invaded (note that until then Britannia had no interest in Japan until they discovered a new power source called the sakuradite and decided to seize the Japanese's mineral resources) just after Lelouch settled in as the Kururugis' guest. I don't know whether the order just meant away from Britannia but I guess that as long as Lelouch doesn't enter the motherland (Britannia itself), he's okay - if he stays in the colonies, I suppose he's pretty safe.
Besides I don't know if a son-of-a-****h father like him would care to see whether Lelouch truly remains obedient to his orders now that he has forfeited all rights to the succession. For all he cares, Lelouch is now a commoner. Period. Let's move on to more interesting things like promoting the hierarchical fight for the sake of imperial progress.

Quote:
So, the Ashford's have been protecting/hiding Leulouch and Nanaly, at risk to themselves, for seven years. And that Leulouch has been hiding at Ashford Academy in Japan since his mother's assassination.
Pretty much. Maybe Ruben K. Ashford is a philantropist or a close friend of Marianne's when she was still alive, who knows.

Quote:
1) Does Millay, granddaughter to the head of the Ashford family, know Leulouch's true identity?
No clue whatsoever. Her grandfather seems to know (although we never saw him) but it's not certain that type of information was to be shared with anyone else. Some secrets are meant to die of their own by simply not being spread around.

Quote:
2)Does it seem that Millay has known Leulouch for a very long time?
Maybe. No one knows.

Quote:
3)Is Suzaku aware that Leulouch is a prince of Brittania?
He does. Both in the manga and the anime he endeavors to stay away from Lelouch at school so that nobody would find it curious that a Britannian student would willingly acquaint himself with an Eleven, even if he's a Honorary Britannian - and therefore bring unwanted attention upon Lelouch. Suzaku specifically said that Lelouch's secret identity had to remain secret and as such he had to stay away to avoid suspicions.
Old 2006-11-28, 14:21   Link #616
Salt
the cynic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
Looks like Shinsen-Subs has joined the fun.
Salt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-28, 15:12   Link #617
W-General
Bushinsoukou
*Scanlator

Send a message via ICQ to W-General Send a message via AIM to W-General Send a message via MSN to W-General
I like how Shinsen's totally overloading themselves with series to sub.

Can someone post comparisons of encoding quality, and if possible, translation quality.

I can do the translation accuracy comparison myself if no one else does it, but I'd rather not waste disk space downloading same thing twice...plus I prefer gg because they use mkv and I can turn off the subtitles if I want
W-General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-28, 15:26   Link #618
Clarste
Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade334 View Post
Pretty much. Maybe Ruben K. Ashford is a philantropist or a close friend of Marianne's when she was still alive, who knows.
According to episode 7 (courtesy of Shinsen and Ureshii), Lelouch's mother was an Ashford. So Ruben would be protecting his nephew or something, which is pretty reasonable. And Millay is some level of cousin.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-28, 15:29   Link #619
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bahamut89 View Post
According to episode 7 (courtesy of Shinsen and Ureshii), Lelouch's mother was an Ashford. So Ruben would be protecting his nephew or something, which is pretty reasonable. And Millay is some level of cousin.
Well, Empress Marianne (strangely dubbed a 'commoner' - which seems strange as Ashfords seem to still be part of the upper echelons of the Britannian hierarchy) was probably a far-off or second degree relative since the family name Lelouch reverted to, Lamperouge, is supposed to be Marianne's maiden name. But I guess that if she indeed had Ashford blood flowing through her veins, it'd be normal for the Ashford head to bestow his protection upon Lelouch and Nanaly.
Old 2006-11-28, 21:44   Link #620
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade334 View Post
Well, Empress Marianne (strangely dubbed a 'commoner' - which seems strange as Ashfords seem to still be part of the upper echelons of the Britannian hierarchy) was probably a far-off or second degree relative since the family name Lelouch reverted to, Lamperouge, is supposed to be Marianne's maiden name. But I guess that if she indeed had Ashford blood flowing through her veins, it'd be normal for the Ashford head to bestow his protection upon Lelouch and Nanaly.
Perhaps the bloodline is convoluted?
e.g.
After all, technically Arnold Schwarzenegger had married a Kennedy, and as such his children would be considered Kennedy's even though they wouldn't be called that as such.

Lelouch may have been banished, but he is still the emperor's son. If the emperor really objects to Ashford's sheltering of Lelouch and his sister, it would not have lasted that long. After all, Lelouch hadn't even bothered to change his first name; his changing of surname is more for personal reasons. All in all, he isn't hiding very secretively at all, and simply rely on the other's belief that he was already dead.