AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Asatte no Houkou

Notices

View Poll Results: Asatte no Houkou Episode 5 Rating
Perfect 10 5 14.29%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 17 48.57%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 13 37.14%
7 out of 10 : Good 0 0%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2006-11-02, 18:09   Link #1
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Asatte no Houkou Episode 5 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Asatte no Houkou, Episode 5!

Thread Guidelines
  • No telling or asking for RAWs.
  • Try to keep spoilers from the Manga out of the anime thread. If you need to in reply to someone with a reference to the Manga, either PM them or use Spoiler tags (see example below).
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if not aired.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Try to keep the discussion on topic and future episode spoilers out of the thread whenever possible.

Spoiler Tag Usage

Using Spoiler Tags is easy. Using this...

[spoiler=title]Don't forget to use the spoiler title[/spoiler]

....will get you this...

Spoiler for title:
Old 2006-11-02, 18:10   Link #2
eggplant
Eggplant

Hm, don't see an Episode 5 thread yet, so I'll post it here instead.
Spoiler for Episode 5:
Old 2006-11-02, 21:42   Link #3
dxgarten

Episode 05 screencaps and summary

Spoiler:
Old 2006-11-02, 21:52   Link #4
Cal-Reflector

Dang it you people are too fast! My raws are still downloading!
Old 2006-11-03, 00:48   Link #5
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

I was still worried that this episode might be going off the rails until...
Spoiler:
One of the big hits for me in this episode was the arrival of Koshimizu Ami, as Kotomi. Amisuke has just been great this year. She was a revelation as Tenko the angel in Kamisama Kazoku. Then she did a totally different role as the masculine Paraietta in Simoun. At the same time, she was hilarious as the protagonist's enemy in Muteki Kanban Musume. And now this role, which is different from all the others and has a special joie de vivre. Sugoi, Amisuke!
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2006-11-03, 03:13   Link #6
Cal-Reflector

In the middle of watching episode 5 raw. It just occurred to me, Shouko's reflection on her own circumstances. Now, while Karada might not be able to take much advantage, wouldn't Shouko be able to take advantage of the situation? She has an American medical grad student's mind inside what looks like a 10 year old body. I see many ways one could profit by that... not that the anime would ever go down that route, but an idea.
Old 2006-11-03, 05:46   Link #7
angel_wing0
心の番だよ ^o^

Send a message via MSN to angel_wing0
Loved this episode althou it didnt really do anything plot-wise other than introducing the new girl.

It's fun seeing Shouko not used to being a kid (from the blanket and others)...

9/10 in my view~

Can't wait for the chinese subs!
Old 2006-11-03, 06:17   Link #8
JediNight
キズランダム

Do we really need to use spoiler tags in here if our comments are about Ep5 in the Ep5 discussion thread? =D

Spoiler:
Old 2006-11-03, 06:58   Link #9
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediNight View Post
Do we really need to use spoiler tags in here if our comments are about Ep5 in the Ep5 discussion thread? =D
Not really. The reason that the first discussion post by eggplant included spoiler tags was because he made the post in the generic thread (because I hadn't created this thread at that point in time). So it was correct hor him to use spoilers, but then I moved his post into this thread. It seems people have been following his lead but as you say, there is no need to place episode 5 comments in spoliers since this is the episode 5 discussion thread
Old 2006-11-03, 09:24   Link #10
Srin Tuar
無謀

Spoiler:
Old 2006-11-03, 11:35   Link #11
nojay
Scanlator

Heh heh heh...

<<== New avatar...

Life goes on, circumstances change, people cope. Last episode it was Hiro-nii and Karada-obasan that had to come to terms with the change, now it's know-it-all Shouko-kodomo's turn. Heh heh heh...

This series is holding up nicely, still on target to be the best show of the new season.
Old 2006-11-03, 14:03   Link #12
DoReMiFaSo
Samba!!

Shouko is cute in this episode. I am glad that she decided to play with those kids at the end. It seems like she never had fun as a kid in the past.

One thing I would like to know is how are they going to live their lives. Will Shouko go back to school now that she's in a kid's body? How will Karada learn the stuff she missed in school? How will she survive in society? Will the series go this far? Maybe they will change back without dealing with these issues.

I want to see more of Shouko, but I guess I've to wait for the next next episode to get back to her.
Old 2006-11-03, 23:02   Link #13
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoReMiFaSo View Post
Shouko is cute in this episode. I am glad that she decided to play with those kids at the end. It seems like she never had fun as a kid in the past...One thing I would like to know is how are they going to live their lives. Will Shouko go back to school now that she's in a kid's body? How will Karada learn the stuff she missed in school? How will she survive in society? Will the series go this far? Maybe they will change back without dealing with these issues...I want to see more of Shouko, but I guess I've to wait for the next next episode to get back to her.
So far, the whole thing has taken place during the summer holiday, I think. And with the line in the OP about this being the story of a summer, perhaps those are issues that will not come to a head. I think kids in Japan only have to show up for school on a couple of days in August, and sometimes skip even them.

And I agree with everyone that Shouko is the key. Maybe we are learning that she has been locked up for most of her life (to mix metaphors). Maybe Hiro unlocked her once at college, and now Karada and the kids are helping to unlock her again. Her satisfied expression as the strode back so dirty from a day of play was priceless.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2006-11-04, 02:21   Link #14
JediNight
キズランダム

AFAIK the summer holiday for schoolkids is only 2-3 weeks long. Because they have at least 2, but I think 3 of those breaks that are 2-3 weeks long in a year.
Old 2006-11-04, 05:32   Link #15
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
oh cute...we get to see Shouko 's cute side in this ep ^__^
her background story about her childhood years was quite depressing...but somewat expected of her with the personality that she has now...its directly reflected but his lonely childhood years
owh >.< shouko is feeling inferior cause kareda is doing all the work >.<
but great emotional and charater developments for shouko this ep she slowly but steadily changing ^_^

omg...hiro is definatly feeling for karada "THAT way" he was staring at her chest when he was about to leave for work O.o

next ep...tatsu is going to get the shock of his life...

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2006-11-04, 05:56   Link #16
JediNight
キズランダム

Eh, I'm not about to think he's going all ecchi thoughts on Karada yet. Probably just becoming aware that she has a rather large chest -- remember that she is larger than Shouko was even ... whatever a G70 is in Japanese cup sizes.
Old 2006-11-04, 15:01   Link #17
DoReMiFaSo
Samba!!

I really can't stand it if Hiro had ecchi thoughts on Karada, so I'll assume that he was just surprised.
Old 2006-11-04, 17:31   Link #18
nojay
Scanlator

Trailer for ep. 6

In the ep. 6 trailer there's a rather odd bit (around 23:52 or so) with a locker door being closed by a feminine hand. It has "五百川" (Iokawa) written on it in kanji. I assume it's Karada's shoe locker at school. I wonder what that portends?

Oh, can anyone explain the kanji reading of "Iokawa"? I read it as "five hundred rivers" - go, hyaku, kawa.

Last edited by nojay; 2006-11-04 at 18:07. Reason: Typo
Old 2006-11-04, 19:57   Link #19
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoReMiFaSo View Post
I really can't stand it if Hiro had ecchi thoughts on Karada, so I'll assume that he was just surprised.
I wouldn't call it ecchi thoughts. I thought it was just that he had noticed that his sister was "grown up" and was being more modest around her than he would have been when she was physically a child. I'm not sure it made sense for him to accept Shouko taking the thread (or whatever it was) off him in that situation, though. But I guess that's just how they're playing it: Shouko is now a physically a child and Karada is now physically mature.
Old 2006-11-04, 21:57   Link #20
angel_wing0
心の番だよ ^o^

Send a message via MSN to angel_wing0
Quote:
Originally Posted by nojay View Post
Oh, can anyone explain the kanji reading of "Iokawa"? I read it as "five hundred rivers" - go, hyaku, kawa.
japanese kanji doesnt have to make sense in reference to its hiragana, especially in names (and u are right, 500 rivers it is )

btw nice summary as always garten, but how come u stop writing for nhk?
Closed Thread