AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hayate no Gotoku

Notices

Old 2008-10-18, 14:24   Link #621
Used Can

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Artist View Post
Needs to get back to the focus characters!
Well, 197 was about Nagi, and the chapter was, in my opinion, the most boring one amongst the latest chapters.
Old 2008-10-26, 07:47   Link #622
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
That's true... Well, I wouldn't call Maria a minor character, though.
It's easy for the less informed to be confused about this kinds of things.

After all, a great number of chapters are used to develop individual characters singlely.

Spoiler for Chap 189:

Spoiler for chap 190:

Spoiler for Chap 191:

That concludes the Maria/Day-to mini arc... It wasn't terribly deep, but it was very entertaining for a much await event... And as a bonus, we get Ayumu and Hina deciding to go on a vacation

Last edited by Chaos2Frozen; 2008-10-26 at 08:04.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-26, 08:28   Link #623
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Chapter 192
----------------

What an odd tale of friendship, Spice and Wolf, clumsiness, comparing moe, otaku fights, and arcade game Still, it's good that Chiharu gets some focus and expand her connections, relations, and interactions with more characters... That, and she got a moe scene lol!

Chapter 193
----------------

Well this chapters turns out to be three parts; One is Yukiji trying to find a cheap way to travel overseas for free, while the other deals with Wataru's money, and woman, problem. Curious, Sakuya have been spending and awfully long time with Wataru. And even though the they're going on vacation, it doesn't look like they'll be heading to the same place as Hayate...

The part is about Nagi and what she intends to do with the money earned. I think this really shows how much Nagi has grown- She's no longer the completely depend little rich girl that see used to be.

Oh, and at the end of it all, Kaoru finally got the courage to sort of ask Yukiji out Good for him... Sort of.
Old 2008-10-26, 10:10   Link #624
delacroix01
Whatever

Spoiler for Chapter 197:
delacroix01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-26, 18:04   Link #625
ellifeedn
Thinker

I wonder if there will be something special for chapter 200.
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-26, 20:26   Link #626
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by delacroix01 View Post
Spoiler for Chapter 197:
If the anime wasn't out recently, I wouldn't have lol at it
Old 2008-10-30, 07:07   Link #627
LCeh

Spoiler for 198:
LCeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-30, 08:56   Link #628
9taileddemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCeh View Post
Spoiler for 198:
Well this will be a very good one. Can't wait. Getting really close to 200 so I wonder if there will be some crazy thing happen that is started because of this.

Why do I have a feeling that Hayate is either going to get beaten up or fired again really soon?
9taileddemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-30, 14:23   Link #629
anselfir
Style Über Alles

i expect some kind of progenation!
Old 2008-10-31, 23:57   Link #630
9taileddemon

Man, are the chapters getting more complicated or am I just losing my ability to interpret raw chapters accurately. Read 189-196 and was barely able to understand what was occurring in some off the chapters.

Three questions for those that understand Japanese.

1. In the Maria-Hayate Date, what was the importance of the button Hina pushed.

2. What was the main plot or points of chapter 192. The Chiharu one. (Could not figure it out at all.)

3. What were Miki and Hayate doing in 196. (Seemed like a fun chapter. There has been almost no Miki-Hayate interaction this entire series. There is usually either trio-Hayate interaction or Izumi-Hayate interaction.)

Miki is funny
Old 2008-11-01, 01:17   Link #631
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCeh View Post
Spoiler for 198:
Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9taileddemon View Post
Well, I don't understand Japanese, but the basic idea is this-

Quote:

The button is an audio tour guide that you'll find in most tourist attraction sites- The problem is that Hina and Ayumu were trying to silently trail Hayate and Maria

Quote:
2. What was the main plot or points of chapter 192. The Chiharu one. (Could not figure it out at all.)

Basically it's Chiharu making a new friend that she could talk manga with

It's also more like a day in the life of Chiharu.

There's something in there about comparing clumsiness level between the girls...

Quote:
3. What were Miki and Hayate doing in 196. (Seemed like a fun chapter. There has been almost no Miki-Hayate interaction this entire series. There is usually either trio-Hayate interaction or Izumi-Hayate interaction.)

Miki is funny
Yeah, it's about time we get a Miki-centric chapter.

Miki explains that ALL the other girls, including Nagi and Hina, had to attend extra classes. So in the mean time, she drags Hayate along to film a "Dramatic and Sad" true life story

Miraculously, they've stumbled upon a confession scene between that sensei and a H-game hero... I'm not kidding, that what Hayate refers to him
Old 2008-11-01, 01:48   Link #632
9taileddemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Well, I don't understand Japanese, but the basic idea is this:

The button is an audio tour guide that you'll find in most tourist attraction sites- The problem is that Hina and Ayumu were trying to silently trail Hayate and Maria

Basically it's Chiharu making a new friend that she could talk manga with

It's also more like a day in the life of Chiharu.

There's something in there about comparing clumsiness level between the girls...

Yeah, it's about time we get a Miki-centric chapter.

Miki explains that ALL the other girls, including Nagi and Hina, had to attend extra classes. So in the mean time, she drags Hayate along to film a "Dramatic and Sad" true life story

Miraculously, they've stumbled upon a confession scene between that sensei and a H-game hero... I'm not kidding, that what Hayate refers to him
HAHAHAHA!!!! Hina you are so silly. That part of the chapter makes so much more sense now.

H-game hero? What will they throw in next.

I wonder how Miki got out of the extra classes? Bribery?

Thanks for the information.
Old 2008-11-01, 04:35   Link #633
primuler
Love For 3D

Quote:
Man, are the chapters getting more complicated or am I just losing my ability to interpret raw chapters accurately. Read 189-196 and was barely able to understand what was occurring in some off the chapters.

Miki is funny
1. It distracted Hina and Ayumu, thus they lost trail of Hayate and Maria. And they missed the scene where Hayate saved Maria from dolphins as result, didn't they?

2. It's just friendship between Chiharu and Nagi. Nagi and Chiharu having fun&fight together.

3. They were filming 'A heartbreakingly tantalizing film that makes you want to cry'. And If you don't understand Japanese, it'll look as if Hayate has feelings towards Miki, but it's actually Miki saying 'Hayate-kun might think like this' and Hayate saying 'No, I didn't even one bit. So don't worry. And please don't subtitle someone else's thoughts by yourself.' Miki realizes in the end that there's love that cannot be taken in even if she speaks it out loud.
(People thinks that it's her love towards Hinagiku).

And the thing about H-hero:

Miki: Wha... what is he...
Hayate: Well? But, since he has fringes covering his eyes, isn't he a main character of H games?

Spoiler for spoilers for 198 and 199:

Last edited by primuler; 2008-11-01 at 09:07.
primuler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-01, 14:11   Link #634
9taileddemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by primuler View Post
Spoiler for spoilers for 198 and 199:
It is kind of funny how we had so little Maria development and then BAM! alot of it. I guess it is so people don't completely put a Maria ending as lost. Giving Maria some more screen time with Hayate then before.

So YAY! Go Maria. (Still can't decide between Maria or Hina but want both to have more screentime.

Maybe this means Maria will have more screentime in the second anime season.
Old 2008-11-01, 16:41   Link #635
herbert

Quote:
It is kind of funny how we had so little Maria development and then BAM! alot of it.
I saw it coming miles away, and I see more is coming in near future. After all, Maria is the only one out of all main girls that Hayate has shown reasonable crush. The author needs to develop her a little bit more so it won't end up that A-tan comes in and crush them all in a second. Plus how A-tan knows Maria is required explanation, now it's time to give some Maria's backstory in advance.

I bet the 9 pieces of King Jade are what Nagi's grandpa stole from Royal Garden in order to revive Nagi's mom.
Old 2008-11-01, 21:00   Link #636
primuler
Love For 3D

Quote:
Originally Posted by herbert View Post
I bet the 9 pieces of King Jade are what Nagi's grandpa stole from Royal Garden in order to revive Nagi's mom.
Not likely. Because Maria said something along the lines of 'It seemed like Sanzenin's treasure.' And Nagi's mum found it. Nagi's grandpa couldn't have stolen it to revive Nagi's mum.
primuler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-02, 00:02   Link #637
9taileddemon

Quote:

If he wanted the King Jade to revive Nagi's mom, why would he give the pieces to different people?

Damn, Mikado is so misterious isn't he. We really have no idea what he is up to.

You know what I would love to see. A big huge battle between all the girls that have a crush on Hayate. Or at least one of those little aura battles like Nagi's dragon and Nishizawa's hamster had. But with all the girls.

I wonder what all the different girls auras would be.
Old 2008-11-02, 00:38   Link #638
herbert

Who knows. May they are like eggs, Mikado needs suitable people to hatch them.

I guess Hina has tiger, Maria... snake?

I can't picture A-tan in such silly battle. If it must be, then, Athena is, of course, Athena.
Old 2008-11-02, 05:22   Link #639
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
I guess Hina has tiger, Maria... snake?
Hina maybe... Since she has a thing for cats.

But I don't suppose a swordwoman spirit will do ?

Quote:
I can't picture A-tan in such silly battle. If it must be, then, Athena is, of course, Athena.
Erm, Giant skeleton anyone?

Quote:
It is kind of funny how we had so little Maria development and then BAM! alot of it. I guess it is so people don't completely put a Maria ending as lost. Giving Maria some more screen time with Hayate then before.
Doesn't this feel like Hina's arc? It might end with Maria accepting feelings for Hayate, but feeling guilty because of Nagi...

Quote:
I saw it coming miles away, and I see more is coming in near future. After all, Maria is the only one out of all main girls that Hayate has shown reasonable crush. The author needs to develop her a little bit more so it won't end up that A-tan comes in and crush them all in a second.
Athena would already crush them if you compare rabu points.

The other girls have nothing to brag when going up against her
Old 2008-11-02, 11:39   Link #640
LeaD36
LeaDfactor

Send a message via MSN to LeaD36
hmm 9 pieces in total? this manga could well go on for atleast a 100 or mb 200 chapters if this plotline should be worked out in detail
LeaD36 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, shounen