4 out of 10 : Poor 8 8.16%
3 out of 10 : Bad 7 7.14%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 5 5.10%
1 out of 10 : Painful 17 17.35%
Voters: 98. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2007-08-09, 08:00   Link #1
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Welcome to this week's episode discussion thread.
  • Naruto Forum RULES...
    • DO NOT ASK where to download RAWs or Fansubs... and DO NOT MENTION fansub group names...
      For further information please visit the Naruto Licensed! Ask for it = Ban thread
  • Thread Guidelines...
    • Absolutely no manga spoilers in any anime-only threads such as the weekly Episode Discussion threads. That means, no hints, or vague remarks about a future event from the manga, even within the spoiler tags. Inability to observe this rule will result in a BAN!

• Discuss your expectations of this episode if it hasn't aired yet.
    • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
    • Try to keep the discussion on topic.
Please Remember... Only Admins/Mods may create Episode Discussion Threads

Everyone is encouraged to use the report post button if these rules are broken. The button is located in the left hand corner, at the bottom of every user name. It will notify a moderator who will deal with such post according to the rules.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-09, 09:12   Link #2
ghstwrld

UGH!! That was particularly meh-tastic. I really wanted to love this episode, especially since its sakura-centric, but studio pierrot seems to be going out of their way to make it as uninteresting as possible. I knew things were going to be awful when I witnessed the DBZ-esque looped fighting scenes within the first five minutes.

3/10
ghstwrld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-09, 09:25   Link #3
Kazuma77
Kakashi Fangirl

is it already out? the sub version?
~Ladies, if a guy ever tells you, he wants to cover you from head to toe in honey, and lick it all off inch by inch, that's the man who hasn't done it before. You start at her toes, and before you get to anything interesting, she is asleep and you are in diabetic coma ~
Kazuma77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-09, 09:32   Link #4
ghstwrld

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazuma77 View Post
is it already out? the sub version?
The raw is out and its lol worthy. I'm fairly certain my prof wants to kill me because I'm laughing so much.
ghstwrld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-09, 11:00   Link #5
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

The use of repeating frames was horrible this episode. Gai and Lee's fights, which are usually among the best animated, looked like they were playing DDR instead of fighting. Sakura's scenes are pretty well done, but they're bogged down by long stretches of her doing nothing but breathing hard. The close-ups of Chiyo didn't help either. The Iron Sand thorns looked good, but I hoped there would be more time spent showing this attack. It was over in about 3 seconds.
Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-09, 11:17   Link #6
itachi29al

I wont rate it until i see the non raw version, but it was not the best. It was like.

35 percent clone battles with no progress.
40 percent chiyo and sakura vs sasori.
20 percent some flashback of saukura training with Tsunade
5 percent naruto chasing deidara.

The clone fights were alright except for gais wee they just repeated the same scene.Plus, becouse they devoted a big chunk of the episode to them, i thought that maybe they could have finished them but i guess not. I am glad that for once they did not make naruto look like a total retard. Yet again the ending was the best part when sakura has her shining moment. For some reason they showed clips of the Naruto movie in the OP. Either way until the subs out i will not judge but as it stands it could have been a lot better.

Last edited by itachi29al; 2007-08-09 at 14:29.
itachi29al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-09, 11:36   Link #7
Kazuma77
Kakashi Fangirl

oh gosh... i just feel its gonna be bad...
~Ladies, if a guy ever tells you, he wants to cover you from head to toe in honey, and lick it all off inch by inch, that's the man who hasn't done it before. You start at her toes, and before you get to anything interesting, she is asleep and you are in diabetic coma ~
Kazuma77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-09, 16:26   Link #8
BlackDove
Unheard

I thought it was a pretty good episode barring the whole trademark flashback crap, and the re-use of frames for the whole thing going on with Gai/Lee/Neji/WeaponGirl

Good choice as to where the ending was set too. Next week'll be funzors when they get the real ball rolling.
BlackDove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-09, 19:15   Link #9
mayhem

oh welll, im just not going to watch this week. and with no manga this..week.... i just feel...so cheeated!
mayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-09, 20:47   Link #10
EoT
~~

Episode wasn't as bad as people are saying it is. I kind of enjoyed the episode, things it lacked were proper fighting music and suspense when a attack was going to happen but other than that it was good, I gave it a 7.

I kinda miss having that extra 1 minute during the episode, that stupid Konoha class thing at the end is really annoying and unnecessary!

And finally the kazekage is no more, go Sakura

And is the scenes from the opening/ending scene from the new Naruto movie?
EoT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-09, 21:01   Link #11
jc1104

Send a message via AIM to jc1104 Send a message via MSN to jc1104
Amazing episode tbh. Only thing that bothered me was the horrible clone fights and when Sakura's face was kinda out of proportion when she was heavily breathing.

Sakura has definitely gotten way better, plus the flashback of her training was funny, made me lol.
jc1104 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-09, 21:38   Link #12
Hir0

lol im starting to cough blood soon

The clone battle is horrible XD

The same animation over and over for 2 mins?! if it was at least decent yeah, but its really horrible lol

The Sakura part was ok, cept they still reused the same animation over and over again for every time that damn pillar and prymid keeps getting knocked away as well lol

If they would pick up the animation, yeah id give it a good score, but this is just way too retarded
Hir0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-09, 21:46   Link #13
Bombermanofdeath
Ultimate Noob

Pretty good episode. Weird but awesome cliffhanger at the end. I thought for sure it was going to cut out just before the kazekage got to her. Now we have to wait and see how pissed Sasori is, or how calm he stays. The Naruto chase part wasn't as bad as normal, Kakashi is going to do something big maybe in the next 3-4 episodes probably.
Bombermanofdeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-09, 22:16   Link #14
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

To those that didnt watch yet .. look for usual thread whiners, and pay no attention to them. Watch and judge for yourself
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-09, 22:22   Link #15
Zek
Eyebrows...

This was always a pretty dumb part of the fight - why would Sasori use these huge easily-punched objects instead of the needles from before? - but spending the entire episode on it + stupid clone fights + more flashbacks = boring episode.
Zek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-09, 22:44   Link #16
k0p4n

so are the ops and eds scenes from the new movie?
k0p4n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-09, 22:49   Link #17
zetsumei

MOU!~ -_-; After watching this episode I've decided to drop Naruto S... Hopefully when it gets good again, I'll pick it up again.

Anyone remember what chapter this arc started in the manga? Thanks in advance.
zetsumei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-09, 23:04   Link #18
Jacoby
Owl-Streching Time

Send a message via ICQ to Jacoby Send a message via AIM to Jacoby Send a message via MSN to Jacoby Send a message via Yahoo to Jacoby
The clone fights were terrible again, but I felt this was one of the best episodes of the new series. Maybe thats just 'cause the ending was pretty good.

I dunno.. I thought it wasn't bad.

I was talking to someone about it the other day, and I really think the new music is a big part of what makes the new stuff worse. The old show did a lot of the same bad things that they're doing here, but how much of the old soundtrack immediately had you excited about the scene? I think some of the old music could immediately have me dialed into what was going on.
Jacoby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-10, 00:01   Link #19
AnbuItachi

terrible!!
AnbuItachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-10, 00:13   Link #20
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Having gotten tired of the stupid pacing that has been thrust upon us by those idiots at Pierrot, I stopped watching at 18 and then marathoned 19-24... well the pacing is still stupid and would they just get the stupid battles over already!!!

I am really getting into the battle with Sasori, but it's hard to stay focused when they stop and explain, cut away to see how much of a bonehead Naruto is, cut away to the clone battle where nobody seems to be using their brains, and cutting away to flashbacks that sometimes I feel are unnecessary... not to mention repeating the same scene twice going to and coming out of the commercial...

I gave 24 an '8' because of the previous episodes' build up of (not so useless now) Sakura's fight with Sasori.

Oh, and are the Sand reinforcements going to show up when all this finally over??

And, 24's open and end has to be from the Shippuden movie, because where else would that footage come from? (I seem to remember that a couple of filler episodes had scenes from the third Naruto movie replacing the normal op and end animations)
CrowKenobi is offline   Reply With Quote