AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2006-12-24, 13:48   Link #21
7thFonon
seventh

I don't care who they have as long as they got Haku in it. I've been using him since the first GNT and I never switched my main character even after I got GNT4.
7thFonon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-24, 14:21   Link #22
Taijutsumaster

Send a message via AIM to Taijutsumaster
Haku hasn't been that impresive since Ninja council 1.
Taijutsumaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-24, 15:17   Link #23
ajay29

I never rated haku on the GC games, though the airbourne attack where the ice needles floated for a bit was quite cool...

Still, with the Wii naruto game id much rather have 15 characters that had some proper time spent on them making them rewarding to use and with a variety of attacks and no replications, than 50 characters of whom 10 are replications of others and every single one u can button bash with (i broke 3 Gc controllers' B buttons in the course of playing the GNT series...)

Big hopes for Naruto on the Wii....
ajay29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-24, 15:51   Link #24
7thFonon
seventh

Lol, haku is practically one of the best in the series. He is so underrated. His down x is devestating when you know how to use it. Such as....Run at opponent, jump over him, don't turn around, then down + x. It will get em every time in all of the GNT's except 4. Then he has his regular needles which in four you can set in the air, do a running sidestep on opponent. Now the needles are to your oppenents back..... well you get the picture. You obviously never played with Haku long enough if you say he is "not impressive".
Old 2006-12-24, 16:33   Link #25
abazou
Uchiha Avenger

I think the chances of Zabuza and Haku making it to this game is extremly low.
I really enjoyed playing with Zabuza though.
Old 2006-12-24, 16:59   Link #26
7thFonon
seventh

Yeah, I know, I just don't know who to be as my main fighter now. No one who is most likely to be in the game is one of my favorite characters. All of them died in the show...Zabuza, Haku, Kimmimaro, Dosu, Zaku (He would have been interesting to play with, if they added him in the past games). I can only hope it is like Dragonball Z, where it just takes all of the characters from all the sagas.
Old 2006-12-24, 20:00   Link #27
Luminion Lancer
Time-diver

-Haku is a good character. I myself rarely use him but from what I can tell he's a good character for players that are good at attacking fast (his combos can reach something in the 60s in GNT4) and evading when necessary. In essence he's a character whose abilities are best brought out by players with a keen eye. Zabuza is a, for the lack of a better word, a tank. He can take quite a few hits and come back for more. His sword, while it may have limited range, can dish out high damage on the opponent. Problem is he's slow which is a problem in GNT4 since his defence can be penetrated. Kisame is not that much better. The only difference between him and Zabuza is his ability to "chakra drain". The Sound 5 aren't all that great. The only real useful one is Kimimaro but that's about it.
Spoiler for 3 most overpowered characters:
Old 2006-12-24, 21:44   Link #28
7thFonon
seventh

I think Itachi is actually a fair character in 4. They weakened him quite a bit compared to 3. They do need to weaken cs2 Sasuke though. My friend uses normal Sasuke and does like a 4b pause then 2b x combo. He did it with cs2 and it takes like 80% health.
Old 2006-12-25, 07:59   Link #29
zamme
Wandering Prophet

Send a message via MSN to zamme
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fukitsu Naruto View Post
Haku and Zabuza are popular characters but they've been around for so long (4 games with little change to their abilities). I know the Sound 5 are going to be dropped simply due to the story. What do you guys think? Who else will get the boot from the older games?
From the older games? Nobody. They'll remake the characters basically from scratch, hopefully. No old characters kept at all.
zamme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-25, 08:14   Link #30
Bijuu Killer
Infraction

You people should be relieved Deidara isn't in GNT. He would kill anyone.
Bijuu Killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-25, 08:30   Link #31
abazou
Uchiha Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7thFonon View Post
I think Itachi is actually a fair character in 4. They weakened him quite a bit compared to 3. They do need to weaken cs2 Sasuke though. My friend uses normal Sasuke and does like a 4b pause then 2b x combo. He did it with cs2 and it takes like 80% health.
Actually OTK Naruto is much more unbalanced than CS2 Sasuke.
Old 2006-12-25, 11:56   Link #32
7thFonon
seventh

I thought Deidara was a woman?
OTK is Stronger than CS2, but that does not mean he is unbalanced. Using characters who throw a lot such as Ten Ten or Haku is easily countered by this. Naruto's underground attack can be blocked as you should know when it is coming. And his long hand attack will just give you more distance from him if you block it. So when you fight Naruto you can go with a "keep your distance strategy". With CS2, Back+B teleports him behind the opponent no matter what. So keeping distance is out of the question. Then CS2 has a running B attack that is unblockable and Steals 75% chakra if you even attempt to block it. So fighting him close up is not good news either. That is why OTK is a fair character, and CS2 is not. It doesn't matter if he is stronger. Zabuza is stronger than Naruto, that doesn't make him unfair, because he still has a weakness.
Old 2006-12-25, 18:17   Link #33
abazou
Uchiha Avenger

Quote:
I thought Deidara was a woman?
OTK is Stronger than CS2, but that does not mean he is unbalanced. Using characters who throw a lot such as Ten Ten or Haku is easily countered by this. Naruto's underground attack can be blocked as you should know when it is coming. And his long hand attack will just give you more distance from him if you block it. So when you fight Naruto you can go with a "keep your distance strategy". With CS2, Back+B teleports him behind the opponent no matter what. So keeping distance is out of the question. Then CS2 has a running B attack that is unblockable and Steals 75% chakra if you even attempt to block it. So fighting him close up is not good news either. That is why OTK is a fair character, and CS2 is not. It doesn't matter if he is stronger. Zabuza is stronger than Naruto, that doesn't make him unfair, because he still has a weakness.
Ya well you only said the good things about Cs2 Sasuke and not the bad things. Like he doesnt have back B (counter). And his teleport attack can be side stepped aswell oh and his 2nd special is totally useless.
Old 2006-12-25, 19:45   Link #34
7thFonon
seventh

Giving CS2 a back B would be even more unfair. His fourth B (which is Back B-able) can be substituted with A (a teleport) Attempt a back B on that and you are screwed. Why give a person a back B that can escape others' back B's and punish them for using them so severely?

Now for the sidestep thing with the Back B teleport....You obviously never played against an experienced player with CS2 as you can easily use a Run+A+A to really confuse your opponent. Sidestep on one of those A's and you are open for a combo. Don't sidestep...Then an experienced player would use (Back+B, A, B, B, B, Erratically tap X) the Back B combo.

Yeah the Down x is garbage....He doesn't need another special in the first place.
Old 2006-12-27, 17:23   Link #35
abazou
Uchiha Avenger

Just added the link to the official site. Check 1st post in this thread for all Media updates
Old 2006-12-27, 18:12   Link #36
7thFonon
seventh

Man I can't wait for this, If they got online on this it's all over. I still want to know the full roster to see if Haku is in. Good find.

It also appears that they have improved the throwing system, "3 dimensional ninja grapple". That is good news because the throws in the past GNT's were all the same for everyone except for Zabuza and Kisame.

Last edited by 7thFonon; 2006-12-27 at 20:30.
Old 2006-12-28, 00:11   Link #37
zamme
Wandering Prophet

Send a message via MSN to zamme
Quote:
Man I can't wait for this, If they got online on this it's all over. I still want to know the full roster to see if Haku is in. Good find.

It also appears that they have improved the throwing system, "3 dimensional ninja grapple". That is good news because the throws in the past GNT's were all the same for everyone except for Zabuza and Kisame.
You wont know the full roster until maybe 2 weeks before release.

Ino and Sakura also has unique throws.
zamme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-28, 01:06   Link #38
7thFonon
seventh

Well I'm hoping there will be more advanced moves as well though. Like grab the person with one hand and press B repeatedly to punch your opponent with the other. Kind of Like in Smash Bros.
Old 2006-12-28, 06:10   Link #39
Razz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bijuu Killer View Post
You people should be relieved Deidara isn't in GNT. He would kill anyone.
Huh? What makes you think he won't be in EX? If he is in the PS2 version then I can't see why they would leave him out of this one.

And yes, he will kill everyone
Razz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-29, 18:04   Link #40
hypertoast
acclaimed

Ah, this game is certainly good news; I was wondering what Tomy would do with their GNT series and this sequel seems promising. I'm hoping for improved gameplay as all the GNT's, though being considerably more complex and addicting then they appear, still lack the extra layer of gameplay depth needed to keep 'em in my console.

First, does anybody have an official (aprox.) release date/quarter?

Second, I think it's entirely possible that this game may include a few unlockable 'nostolgia characters' that won't ever appear in Naruto Part 2 (like Haku, for example) but certainly not the whole roster from previous GNTs.

Excited.
hypertoast is offline   Reply With Quote