Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-03-07, 13:42   Link #1
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Episode 118 Discussion Thread

Welcome to episode 118 discussion thread where my only contribution to the opening post is some shiny screenshot. From looking at the screenshot, it seems this will be an action packed episode. I sure hope there will be more Ikkaku related goodness. Someone said under his/her Ikkaku avatar, "bald is teh s3x." After watching 117, I'm also now an avid believer of those outrageous claims. Oh, and hopefully there won't be any more of that Chappy Pyon thing. After watching the Chappy Pyon, I finally understood why Urahara was going to destroy a whole lot of mod souls at the beginning of the series. That said, wouldn't mind seeing more of that uber cool Rukia sword. She has the best design for a sword so far in the series. Anyway, the screenshots:

Have fun and post intelligently!

Absolutely no manga spoilers in any anime-only threads such as the weekly Episode Discussion threads. That means, no hints, or vague remarks about a future event from the manga, even within the spoiler tags. Inability to observe this rule will result in a BAN!
Old 2007-03-07, 13:47   Link #2
ThoHell

Man it was awesome, this is what Bleach is all about. Grim sure knows how to make an entrance and display of power, GOTTA LOVE HIM!

Spoiler for ep 118:
Old 2007-03-07, 15:51   Link #3
kagato3

This ep covers all of chapters 203 - 205. I must say while I liked the manga chapters this was based on Ikkaku's fighting style looks much better when animated. It's hard to pull off his recleseness in stills with out eating up a lot of panel time.
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
Old 2007-03-07, 17:58   Link #4
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Yeah Ikkaku's fighting style is pretty awesome and unlike Zaraki he isnt full of himself
Old 2007-03-07, 18:09   Link #5
lommm
l'homme de lommm

man oh man i have been waiting to see this animated since i read it. but i'm a little worried. chapters 205-207. we're only on chapter 266 this week. i hope they don't burn up all the available manga too fast!!!

Spoiler:

i do want to know: what's with the old man voice over recap at the beginning of each episode? they didn't switch time slots, did they? do they expect that many new people to be watching that they need summary explanations each ep?
Old 2007-03-07, 18:23   Link #6
Giovone
Giostz

Ikkaku is really a beast. His fight was intense. Great Episode.
Old 2007-03-07, 18:56   Link #7
Lendial

some parts of the animation were just unbelieveable, and of course GJ is too badass for his themesong.
Old 2007-03-07, 19:22   Link #8
DJ_RockmanX
性転換 団長

Send a message via AIM to DJ_RockmanX Send a message via MSN to DJ_RockmanX
An excellent episode. Both parts of Ikkaku's fight were executed very well, and the music complemented the action just right.

The next ep looks like an extended version of Ikkaku's flashback, but is it true that it airs two weeks from now?
Old 2007-03-07, 19:25   Link #9
I love waffles!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lommm View Post
i do want to know: what's with the old man voice over recap at the beginning of each episode?
Time filler. Like the gold roger bit at the beginning of each episode of One Piece.
Old 2007-03-07, 19:37   Link #10
ThoHell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giovone View Post
Ikkaku is really a beast. His fight was intense. Great Episode.
Yup, Ikkaku is for sure a beast. He's a Zaraki with an unsealed sword and "the thing he just revealed in this episode", he's just not as strong yet....

Last edited by ThoHell; 2007-03-07 at 20:12.
Old 2007-03-07, 20:34   Link #11
Oberon

Wow, so they still can make episodes like this. First time in a long while that I didn't have anything to nitpick about the manga->anime transition. That was really well done.
Old 2007-03-07, 20:39   Link #12
DJ_RockmanX
性転換 団長

If anything, I'd say this was portrayed better animated than as pictured in the manga. Especially in animating the releases of both Ikkaku and Edorad.
Old 2007-03-07, 20:52   Link #13
Oberon

Quote:
Originally Posted by random_passerby View Post
If anything, I'd say this was portrayed better animated than as pictured in the manga. Especially in animating the releases of both Ikkaku and Edorad.
Agreed. Episodes like this are what I always hope for, when manga get adapted. The staff of this ep knew what they were doing. Not just animation, but also direction and storyboarding. Little details like the telephone pole cables waving or El-Dorad's lip movement, when he talked in that one scene make it all the better. Or the wave emanating from where Grimjow touched the ground.
Old 2007-03-07, 21:23   Link #14
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

In my personal opnion fights are always better potrayed in the anime . Just maybe coz of some manga readers like me do not quite get the SFX
Old 2007-03-07, 21:26   Link #15
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Bleach 118. Part 1

Everything comes well for those who wait.- Quite more or less the saying goes to identify this episode.

What everything was waiting for to Bleach returning to the past days of glory pays off.

The episode works perfectly in animation detail by detail to emphasize Ikkaku's manifestation to enjoy the best of fights when Edorad mistakingly understimated the formers' powers to get him serious.

The people who animated the episode went as far as detailing the transformation of both Edorad's zanpakuto on him and Ikkaku calling forth Hozukimaru's Bankai.

IMO, the level of destruction and demolishing went around the Saint Seiya power levels, since the space destroyed was localized and both with their powers peaking clashed on a blazing cloud of flames.

I must also give my analysis regarding other technical aspects for this episode as well, and that is the new tracks of the third soundtrack.

They introduced another two, brand-new pieces of score.
1. One when Ikkaku and Edorad were initially clashing swords only. The motif of the song played during that scene remind me a lot to the Marciano 12 Sister's theme. The classical track played with psychedelic and hallucinating piano or harpsichord strokes.

2. Another when Grimmjow makes his descent upon Rukia and Ichigo. To emphasize the ferocity on his eyes, and I very loved how they animated his face to exude ravenous bloodlust from his sight. A wild-beast underneath ready to pounce at the unsuspecting prey with no warning.
Old 2007-03-07, 21:33   Link #16
sx3
0 Gundam

Quote:
Originally Posted by random_passerby View Post
An excellent episode. Both parts of Ikkaku's fight were executed very well, and the music complemented the action just right.

The next ep looks like an extended version of Ikkaku's flashback, but is it true that it airs two weeks from now?
yes it is true sadly, 2 weeks from now, other than that this was an excellent episode
Old 2007-03-07, 21:41   Link #17
DJ_RockmanX
性転換 団長

Noooooooo...

I'm gonna need something to tide me over for two weeks in terms of Bleach... One good ep deserves another.
Old 2007-03-07, 23:42   Link #18
sx3
0 Gundam

watch naruto lol its not on this week but it will be on next week when bleach isnt on this is stupid, why do they even have to like skip a week?
Old 2007-03-07, 23:50   Link #19
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Revenue I guess some share of Ad revenue which goes to Naruto only may be distrubuted other shows like Bleach
Old 2007-03-08, 00:01   Link #20
zoozoc
Anime is my drug....

its good that they are skipping a week. We don't want them to catch up to the manga very quickly, most likely they will have some more missed weeks and filler episodes. (much like past filler episodes, just sorta crazy and funny) Or perhaps even a mini 3-5 episode filler arc?

Great episode though, really enjoyed it.
Closed Thread