Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2004-05-26, 03:57   Link #41
Rasho
Go-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by 100fr
i'm just wondering:
i know ninja's exist and they had a very important roll in the past.
now what is the current roll of the inja's these days if they exist and what was their roll in the past?

wELL,I 'VE READ SOMEWHER THAT nINJA were'T like as they were shown in the movies-anime-manga.

Firstly,they didnt wear scarves over their mouths and noses's
(*That wouldjust make them feel hot and make it harder to breadth wouldnt' it?*)
Second;y,they werent' exactly fighters,their MAIN role was as a spy.
But they could still fight if they wanted to.But fighting was not their main role,their main role was,um how do i put this,ah yes,like Solid Snake from the MG series
run around and kill people ONLY if you have to.
Rasho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-26, 06:27   Link #42
Kinjo

Daygo, that is not the official grading system, thats just something else. I'm also kinda obsessed, Ninjitsu 2 years, Shaolin Kungfu 2 years, Teakwondo 1 year, wing tchun and escrima - curently for half a year back.

Hey Raisenso, we never trained with kunai at my dojo, did you? I never even saw kunais, the only throwing weapons we had was the shuriken and the bo-skuriken, shaken, nothing else.

Btw that story was sure cute and all but it's not what I've heard from bujinkan, my sensei was just one step away from hatsumi, did you train directly under him? Anyway, I've read in books made within the bujinkan and asked my sensei and he told my it was refuge monks AND military from neighbouring countries that created a hidden village to live in peace and then tought eachother what they knew and then found a way to use it.

And shinobi_shay, I'm sorry but thats one of the most stupid things I've ever heard (regarding this topic anyway)

1. How would the samurai know that it's a ninja (I dont even want to use the word in here anymore, it has lost all it's meaning) since they wore normal clothing? They only used their "uniforms" at night during missions and not even everytime there either.

2. Ninjas did walk the roads to, they didnt move by jumping from tree to tree. (still wearing normal clothing of course)

3. The samurais often had their troups with them, they where'nt these noble fighters who wandered around spreading flowers and happiness in their way, one samurai often had his own little castle and about 100-200 personal soldiers and aditional servants, a samurai was a bit of a lord who helped the shogun to rule whatever area he occupied, I dont have the details here though, have my history books in the attic.

4. The only thing a samurai would hate about ninjas would probably be that they knew that someone COULD infiltrate his staff, then wait for nightfall and then just kill him using various methods, that would make me hate them pretty much to since I would never be able to fully relax becouse of that, I'd be pretty much bothered by it.

But you can just forget that hollywood pictures, claiming they would have sworn rivalry to eachother and fought to once and for all decide who was the ultimate warrior would be the same thing as claiming "I read in a book that all ninjas had green skin and lived in new york sewers where they hanged out in their free time skating and eating pizza"
Kinjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-26, 08:29   Link #43
Raisenso

Yeah, you are right about that Kinjo. Some of them did of course have some kind of military training, as they were considerated as dangerous outcast and not friendly neibours

And no, I havnt been training directly under Hatsume-sensei, but just like you my teacher had for some time. But when I was studieing about the ninjas (Bujinkan formemost) I got some great contacts with some of the best.
Almost nothing is sertain about the ninjas, as the history was under that age oraly told to each generation. And what are the odds that a story would be told for like 900 years!?
Raisenso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-26, 08:37   Link #44
Raisenso

Kunai training

Sry, forgot to reply the kunai question

Well, yeah i have been training with them, poorly because my sensei dont like them ^^

As you might know, Hatsume-sensei decides what the theme of the year should be. And last year the theme was something like "weapons that are not realy weapons training". In this category the kunais where listed, alongside weapons like fans and such.

I have never tried shurikens, although i know some throwing jutsus
Old 2004-05-26, 09:48   Link #45
Shay
Monarch Programmer

[QUOTE=Kinjo]

And shinobi_shay, I'm sorry but thats one of the most stupid things I've ever heard (regarding this topic anyway)

BLAH! I dont care, i know its not true, but it sounds more exiting than anything you have said
You just make it all sound so boring.
And anyway, you mean to tell me that you know all the history of the mysterious Ninja "I think not" I dont think anyone really does.

But even if it is stupid, as i stated in the post, thats just how i like to imagine it was like.
Dude.......dont take away my colourfull and extreamly vivid imagination : Its all i have
Current Album - Vessel by Twenty One Pilots
Shay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-26, 11:51   Link #46
Raisenso

Ninjas today

I had completly forgotten that the question was "what do ninjas do today?" and I´m here to give you a short answer.

Ninjas today do what they have always done, survive and change. The only reason to why there still are schools from 900 years ago, is because the adapt to the current age and civilization. In Bujinkan we nowdays use firearms as weapons and granades, not just bo and katana ^^

Alot of old time schools have either been destroyed or just abandoned. I suppose no one realy bets that a school will last forever right? But many schools have also change from martial arts, inte sports (Karate-do, Judo, Aikido, Kendo) and lost the "real" martial arts behind them. If there would have been REAL karate matches on TV, I promise you that they would much surely be dead

But Bujinkan have not been adapting like them. There realy are a few school still teaching the old budo, the ones where you snap necks and breaks bones. Of course these schools are none matchable, since it would be a boring match and lots of death :P
Old 2004-05-26, 11:57   Link #47
hunterx
ore wa kanpeki da

dunno if they still exist. running around dressed like a cosplayer isn't all that steathly. you'll stick out like a sore thumb. The modern way to do basically what a ninja does is to become a spy and learn 20 languages and be able to disguise yourself etc. bourne identity type stuff
hunterx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-26, 12:08   Link #48
Riese
Brutal Killer Math Logic

Send a message via ICQ to Riese
You might find this site helpful:

http://www.iganinja.jp/english/menu.html
Riese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-26, 12:26   Link #49
Lazy Shikamaru

Phbbbbbbbt, everyone knows there is only 4 ninjas alive today...
Lazy Shikamaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-26, 12:35   Link #50
Raisenso

4??? I only know of two! Who els??
Old 2004-05-26, 12:37   Link #51
Lazy Shikamaru

Here

It's the original four real life ninjas XD
Lazy Shikamaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-26, 15:12   Link #52
DAyGO

Send a message via AIM to DAyGO Send a message via MSN to DAyGO Send a message via Yahoo to DAyGO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinjo
Daygo, that is not the official grading system, thats just something else. I'm also kinda obsessed, Ninjitsu 2 years, Shaolin Kungfu 2 years, Teakwondo 1 year, wing tchun and escrima - curently for half a year back.

Hey Raisenso, we never trained with kunai at my dojo, did you? I never even saw kunais, the only throwing weapons we had was the shuriken and the bo-skuriken, shaken, nothing else.

Btw that story was sure cute and all but it's not what I've heard from bujinkan, my sensei was just one step away from hatsumi, did you train directly under him? Anyway, I've read in books made within the bujinkan and asked my sensei and he told my it was refuge monks AND military from neighbouring countries that created a hidden village to live in peace and then tought eachother what they knew and then found a way to use it.

1. How would the samurai know that it's a ninja (I dont even want to use the word in here anymore, it has lost all it's meaning) since they wore normal clothing? They only used their "uniforms" at night during missions and not even everytime there either.

2. Ninjas did walk the roads to, they didnt move by jumping from tree to tree. (still wearing normal clothing of course)

3. The samurais often had their troups with them, they where'nt these noble fighters who wandered around spreading flowers and happiness in their way, one samurai often had his own little castle and about 100-200 personal soldiers and aditional servants, a samurai was a bit of a lord who helped the shogun to rule whatever area he occupied, I dont have the details here though, have my history books in the attic.

4. The only thing a samurai would hate about ninjas would probably be that they knew that someone COULD infiltrate his staff, then wait for nightfall and then just kill him using various methods, that would make me hate them pretty much to since I would never be able to fully relax becouse of that, I'd be pretty much bothered by it.

But you can just forget that hollywood pictures, claiming they would have sworn rivalry to eachother and fought to once and for all decide who was the ultimate warrior would be the same thing as claiming "I read in a book that all ninjas had green skin and lived in new york sewers where they hanged out in their free time skating and eating pizza"

i know thats not the offical ranking. i said that was the rank from that paticular skool

http://www.martialinfo.com

helpful
DAyGO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-26, 15:48   Link #53
baka manko
Hmm...

Send a message via AIM to baka manko
Raisenso and Kinjo what q[ dont know how to spell it] are u guys and kinjo dont you mean ninjutsu ninjitsu is some other martial art not related to bujinkan.
baka manko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-26, 15:53   Link #54
Raisenso

Kyu?

Do you mean my grade? If thats the case then I´m on the 5th Kyu and I´m 16 years old :P
Old 2004-05-26, 16:01   Link #55
baka manko
Hmm...

Send a message via AIM to baka manko
ah cool thats pretty good, well your half way there
baka manko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-27, 10:20   Link #56
Shay
Monarch Programmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Shikamaru
Here

It's the original four real life ninjas XD
HARDY HAR HAR!

I was all intrested then, thinking i was gonna go to some site with information on the last living exiled ninja's or something lol.

KOWABUNGA!!!!!!
Current Album - Vessel by Twenty One Pilots
Shay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-27, 10:32   Link #57
Inn3rchild
Child Forever

Send a message via ICQ to Inn3rchild Send a message via AIM to Inn3rchild Send a message via MSN to Inn3rchild Send a message via Yahoo to Inn3rchild
Yeh, i was exited as well, man, you might as well include Power Rangers Ninja Storm
Inn3rchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-27, 11:19   Link #58
Kinjo

Baka manko>>

Yeah you're right, jutsu=technique but here in Sweden we often spell it jitsu, both in magasines and at clubs and at websites, sorry bout that, old habit. But hte main thing is that I can write it in japanese, right??
Old 2004-05-27, 11:25   Link #59
Kinjo

baka manko>> I forgot your other question, well my sensei actually had frozen the gradingsystem before I started training, he hated grades and refused to grade anyone he would'nt even tell me what grade he had but his cousin told med that he had the twelvth dan but that's only what she told me. I know however that he was in the same class as Stephen K hayes so all I know is that he was high graded, I however had none *sob, sob*
Old 2004-05-27, 11:42   Link #60
Raisenso

Kinjo

From sweden! :P Det är jag med

I bet your sensei was Roger Mattsson or Matts Hjelm? :P They are both very good teachers!