AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

Old 2011-02-17, 02:07   Link #15901
Tom Bombadil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryus View Post
Wow, thanks!

As to Flora in the anime she did know of Irene and her arm (it never came up in the manga)... in the anime she suspected weak Clare somehow forcefully took it from her though I fail to see how that's possible given the power discrepancy and if she did somehow pull it off, then she earned it! I guess the joke is that Irene's ghost took offence to that suggestion and punched Flora for even thinking it was possible.

As to the pork jokes... yeah um... kinda creepy since pork is the meat closest to human flesh. Uh, I think Clare and Miria are further over the line than they thought Cute jokes, minus that...

I'll likely find time to scan them into English tomorrow... [fingers crossed]
I am sorry if the translation gave too much emphasize on "pork". It is more like they are having an argument of the choice of dishes, which happens quite often between siblings.

As for pork, it is the main source of meat in China. For example, in many circumstances, the character "meat" is used where it is implicitly implied that it is pork. This is the case in the name of Miria's dish. Translated literally, it is just "sauteed zucchini and meat". I hope changing "meat" to "pork" make it less awkward. But for a non-native-speaker, you never know.

Just in case someone is wondering, they have a Muslim Cafeteria in almost every university in China.
Old 2011-02-17, 06:58   Link #15902
Jean Claymore
Former #9

May have been posted already. Sorry for that (looks pretty old, but anyways)

Spoiler for Galatea:

Spoiler for Claymore? ^_^:

Spoiler for Alicia:
Old 2011-02-17, 09:39   Link #15903
Throne Invader
Protecting the Throne

Those are some nice artworks Jean Claymore. I super really like the Alicia one

It's time to start letting her make her own decisions. - Mom's dermatologist~
Throne Invader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-17, 09:50   Link #15904
haegar
mangaviking

*agrees* though I was more taken by galatea, awesome colors ... whish that was a higher rez and without the name tag stamped on hair hair :/
Old 2011-02-17, 19:39   Link #15905
Ryus
The One Eyed King

^all old classics and I love them all. Just a side note but that middle pic with Teresa, young Clare, and Irene is posted on Fantasy's (the guy who does the TSS colored panels since at least ch 95) pixiv.net account as one of his/her earliest works. Sometimes it's very nice to look at artists early works to see how they've progressed.
Old 2011-02-17, 20:47   Link #15906
Karthesios

Helen and Miria: The Drive-Thru Saga

Helen takes the partying to a whole new level...

Spoiler for The Incident:

Spoiler for The Aftermath:

Spoiler for The Retribution:
Karthesios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-18, 12:56   Link #15907
Robin GI
Hara Mamburu
*Artist

Dunno if this photos and pic were posted before.

Spoiler for repost?!:

anyway - Gala is my personal Fav! sadly that this toy is only prototype.
Robin GI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-18, 13:22   Link #15908
Karthesios

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin GI View Post

Spoiler for repost?!:

Aw, jeez, that is nicely done. I don't think it was posted before either.
Karthesios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-18, 14:33   Link #15909
DeadGuyKai
Last of the Brunnen G

That is easily the best Claymore figure I've ever seen.
Do the dead, yeah, do the dead
Do the dead, surfin' dead
DeadGuyKai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-18, 15:02   Link #15910
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin GI View Post

Spoiler for repost?!:

It was posted by warrior... but on the Claymore - Merchandise (Figurines, Artbooks, OSTs, etc.) thread (seems to be the same pics but you found larger and more zoomed in versions of them), though since this is a single one off model it should have been posted here and not there but at the time no one knew about that. Agreed, though it's sad this is only a prototype... I'd so buy it and any later models made at that same quality later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadGuyKai View Post
That is easily the best Claymore figure I've ever seen.
FULLY AGREED!
Old 2011-02-18, 15:27   Link #15911
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

That is easily the best Claymore figure. Now if only they would do a set for the Ghosts in their uniforms. Miria <3
Old 2011-02-18, 15:50   Link #15912
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

I agree Fenrir; I would love to see a Ghost Miria one day
Old 2011-02-19, 10:15   Link #15913
revive4563

Spoiler for braless:

Possibly it might be natural, but I just noticed that basically Claymore is braless.
revive4563 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-19, 13:27   Link #15914
evil_kenshin

Quote:
Originally Posted by revive4563 View Post
Spoiler for braless:

Possibly it might be natural, but I just noticed that basically Claymore is braless.
don't think they had bra's back then though (or atleast not in the sense of todays ones)
Old 2011-02-19, 14:24   Link #15915
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

That's a no ; aside from actually not having those back in those days, we've seen, like with Claire bathing in the early chapters, that they are nude underneath the uniform.
Old 2011-02-19, 15:05   Link #15916
revan5
Dark Lord of Animesuki

Location: The Kingdom of Orange...you can't beat the Cuse, in basketball or snowfall!
Quote:
Originally Posted by revive4563 View Post
Spoiler for braless:

Of course they're bra-less! If you know anything about the history of undergarments, you'll know that most people weren't wearing conventional underwear until much later! Yeah, that's right, all the guys and the gals were "going commando". Well, okay, so they did wear something, but not underwear in the form we see today.

"In the Middle Ages, western men's underwear became looser fitting. The loincloth was replaced by loose, trouser-like clothing called braies, which the wearer stepped into and then laced or tied around the waist and legs at about mid-calf. Wealthier men often wore chausses as well, which only covered the legs."

Spoiler for Braies:

It later evolved with the addition of the "codpiece" to allow men to "unzip" and urinate without undressing and possibly to show off their "packages".

Here's an example:
Spoiler for Codpiece:

Then there's what they wore up top, which differs from underwear today.

"Over the upper part of their bodies, both medieval men and women usually wore a close-fitting shirt-like garment called a chemise in France, or a smock or shift in England. The forerunner of the modern-day shirt, men tucked long chemises into their braies and wore their outer clothing on top. Women wore them underneath their gowns or robes, sometimes with petticoats over the chemise. Elaborately quilted petticoats might be displayed by a cut-away dress, in which case they served a skirt rather than an undergarment."

The actual precursor to the bra is the corset, which didn't come around until the 16th century.
Spoiler for Corset example:

"Women have used a variety of garments and devices to cover, restrain, or modify the display and shape of their breasts. Brassiere-like or bikini-like garments are depicted on some women athletes in the 7th century BCE in the Minoan era. Similar functionality could be achieved by both outerwear and underwear.

From the 16th century onwards, the undergarments of wealthier women were dominated by the corset, which pushed the breasts upwards. In the latter part of the 19th century, various alternatives were experimented with, splitting the corset into a girdle-like restraining device for the lower torso, and transferring the upper part to devices suspended from the shoulder.

By the early 20th century, garments more closely resembling contemporary bras had emerged, although large-scale commercial production did not occur till the 1930s. Since then bras have replaced corsets, although some women prefer camisoles) and a minority go without. Brassieres are a multi-billion-dollar industry dominated by large multinational corporations. During the 20th century, the emphasis on brassiere usage has shifted from functionality to fashion."

This is a question of basic history. Everyone keeps snickering, "Oh man, she's not wearing a bra!" Of course she's not wearing a bra! What era do people think bras are from, 1600s-era France? Nope, try 1930s western Europe and North America. That's right, the bra was not commonplace until it was mass manufactured in the 1930s! We're trying to put an invention of the modern age on a medieval woman; somehow I think this isn't going to work. If things were a little more modern Galatea might take to wearing a corset under her nun robes. However, I believe that many women were not altogether happy with that choice:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3O7YAWkHpFk.

That said I think Galatea would look smoking hot with a corset top, not unlike this woman:

How the warriors of Claymore OUGHT to look: http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...ostcount=12541
http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...ostcount=12530
"So Shiek, now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb!"

Last edited by revan5; 2011-02-19 at 15:26. Reason: Corset
revan5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-19, 15:15   Link #15917
evil_kenshin

^ the corset image doesn't show (might be a faulty link)

edit: now its working

Last edited by evil_kenshin; 2011-02-19 at 15:27.
evil_kenshin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-20, 14:34   Link #15918
revan5
Dark Lord of Animesuki

Location: The Kingdom of Orange...you can't beat the Cuse, in basketball or snowfall!

Ryus, I found this, but I don't think I've ever seen you post it. I was just wondering if I missed it, because it seems like it ought to be in this thread.

How the warriors of Claymore OUGHT to look: http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...ostcount=12541
http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...ostcount=12530
"So Shiek, now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb!"
revan5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-20, 14:40   Link #15919
DeadGuyKai
Last of the Brunnen G

Galatea as Riful?!?!?!
Do the dead, yeah, do the dead
Do the dead, surfin' dead
DeadGuyKai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-20, 18:38   Link #15920
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by revan5 View Post
Ryus, I found this, but I don't think I've ever seen you post it. I was just wondering if I missed it, because it seems like it ought to be in this thread.
I've seen it hundreds of times prior... and I could have sworn it was posted on this very thread long before I signed up here. However you never missed anything since I never posted it, off memory that is (at the very least it's not in my photobucket account, though I have direct linked pics here before rather than add them to my photobucket account on occasion ).

-------------------------

Spoiler for Pic:

Spoiler for pic:

Spoiler for Pic:

Spoiler for Pic:

Tags
images