AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2011-02-16, 15:58   Link #18961
tyranuus
Team Spice and Wolf UK

Last I heard it's been put back to August-ish. The anime is kinda a shame really, but the 1st season is at least somewhat close to the manga, whereas the second just completely wanders off.
Reading: None at the moment
tyranuus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-16, 16:48   Link #18962
GrrDraxin

Send a message via Yahoo to GrrDraxin
I think there were probably about 4 or 5 episodes that had any resemblance to the manga in terms of any of the given story points, were as the rest of the episodes of both seasons just piddlefarted around in their own directions. But, even if they were to write the anime with a totally different story and setting, I don't think I would have minded so much... so long as there were elements of the events and the characterizations remained true to form like how fanfics can change how and where things are happening, and why, but yet still be an enjoyable story. My biggest issue is with the lack of plot the anime had. It it at least had that going throughout the series and didn't make Tsukune a little bitch like they did, then yeah I would enjoy the anime more for that than just it's fanservice.
Old 2011-02-16, 17:01   Link #18963
Tachibana
タチバナ

There really isn't any differences between the anime and manga versions of Tsukune, the only reason Tsukune appeared "weak" in the anime was because he wasn't involved in most of the fighting.

But like his manga counterpart, the anime version of Tsukune is just as potent but not as active, it wasn't until the end of CAPU2 that Tsukune showed his true colors that are the exact same as his manga counterpart, when it came to determination and fighting that involved Moka.

However, i did like the anime version of Ura-Moka, shes not as "brutal" and her vampiric pride isn't like her manga counterpart's version, although she seems less modest in the anime version, shown when she joined the girls in rubbing her breasts against Tsukune, which was really funny.

Last edited by Tachibana; 2011-02-16 at 19:00.
Tachibana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-16, 22:11   Link #18964
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Ohhh, I beg to differ there Shinso

The reason that Tsukune was so 'weak' was because all the character building things he did for Moka such as taking the venom bite from the spider girl were taken out of the anime story. And in doing so, cheapened how Inner Moka 'defrosted' due to Tsukune's growing courage. Especially when they fought the spider girl - that was the turning point for Inner when she saw how Tsukune would risk himself just to unseal her and it was also there when she really got pissed at someone for attacking Tsukune. The entire Art Teacher story was taken out (could have/should have been the 4th episode) which was a shame.

Anime Inner's a mixed bag for me (don't get me started on anime Tsukune). While I loved how she came to realize early on that she was falling for Tsukune and 'actively' pursued him in a sense, the reasons that were established by the story really didn't warrent it. ESPECIALLY after how Tsukune treated Inner in the last two episodes - he deserved a lot MORE kicks than the one he got. Even the reason why Tsukune went to Daddy Starbucks (my name for anime Issa) could have been done better. If they would have had it so that Daddy Starbucks had spirited Moka away back to their house since she became unsealed and was ready to keep her there but she said she wanted to go back, even if it meant that she had to be sealed again. Boom - character moment for Inner. And for Tsukune, if he would have gotten trashed at the school but still decided to go after Moka in an attempt to bring her back - bonus points to his character. His entire speech at the end would have made a lot more sense if Moka had been taken away and Daddy Starbucks was 'accusing' him of just wanting the softer, pink-haired Moka as his 'haremette'. I could have gotten behind Tsukune wholeheartedly if the script writers had done that...but nooo...
...what we got was Tsukune, who had been built up over the course of Capu2 as beginning to like Inner as well, seemingly just ignore her because he's bummed out that Outer 'sacrificed' herself to keep the barrier up. They just had him sulking about it - it was pathetic! Even with the mangaTsukune's reaction to Outer being a 'false' personality, that was when he had learned about Outer's entire existance being a construct of the rosary's power, not when her rosary cross was being used to hold up the barrier and he could have just asked if a new one could be made. And if Inner didn't want to be sealed up just yet, who is he to bitch??? In the manga, when the seal didn't work the first time, it was Inner who was freaking out more than Tsukune about it. He just went with it, more or less.

That's another thing, they didn't have Inner make herself Tsukune's target for getting to Outer like she did in the first chapter of S2. They basically reduced Inner to another 'haremette' at the end, which sucked big time (no pun intended). Hell, they even had her bypass the rosary when Ruby attacked him from behind. I seriously went, "OH SHI-!!!" when that happened. I didn't need to see Kurumu's and Mizore's reactions - Inner Moka came out to 'play' all on her own - FULL STOPPU. I know I'm nitpicking here but seriously, didn't they go through this in the planning stage...? Guess not, Gonzo - if you would have done this right, R+V would have saved you, but...

Anime Kurumu just got the short end of the stick - I was WAITING for her to have her own episode but nuuuh, they didn't do that either... I mean, Mizore got an ep for her about her learning to cook curry of all things. I'm not saying anything bad about Mizore but seriously... c'mon Kurumu could have had her episode for when she got blackmailed by the slug guy and she used her illusion powers for the first time. I personally love Kurumu to bits and it was just disappointing that they flat out refused to pick up the ball for her.

For Mizore, yeah, the lack of the 'rape' plot took a lot of the seriousness and sympathy out for her but they at least tried to make up for it, in a weird way...

Anyway, I've said enough already. I haven't ranted on the anime in a looong time, can you tell?
Old 2011-02-16, 23:32   Link #18965
GrrDraxin

Send a message via Yahoo to GrrDraxin
Heh heh heh, Ya we can see that.

All very good points, and I think the only reason R+V turned out the way it did for it's anime version was because the writers were still trying to ride the last remaining elements of the Moe-Blob wave that Japan's anime media had been swamped with for those last few years. However, now that bubble has burst, those same writers and producers are gonna have to reinvent themselves to fit the new trends of the discerning fans. But with the resent upheaval of the political landscape, regs and bans abound, I think they're gonna be a bit more hard pressed to find that new niche to get them back into profitability.

If I won the lottery in some freak drawing, I think I would find a great fanfic based on R+V that I think would be appealing, and/or voted by audiences, and then have that adapted into an anime.... with the author's (for both the fic and the manga) permission of course, and investing in it fully without any other sponsors if possible.
Old 2011-02-16, 23:35   Link #18966
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
Which is why we all just consider the anime one giant Omake... one that I refuse to ever watch again, though buying it for the artwork is going to be extremely tempting (I'm talking about the bonus stuff, not the artwork of the anime itself)

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-16, 23:39   Link #18967
Johnny
Working the bags...

If there's nothing but infomercials on I might watch the anime again, but just for fan service alone...

Here in My Arms by Platinumsabr is great GAR Tsukune fanfic and would make a kick ass anime...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-17, 03:10   Link #18968
tyranuus
Team Spice and Wolf UK

Haha, as I mentioned before, I'm not quite as negative towards the anime as some of you, probably because I like supernatural, but the manga IS far superior. The first season at least showed some semblence of following the manga (although with the sort of ecchi subversion that Gonzo decided to use as much as possible), whereas the second one only really based itself on the manga something like 2/12 episodes. The whole vampiric Tsukune aspect was almost completely ignore for half the show, which was a real...what?? moment for me, and was part of the reason I came to check out what happened in the manga in the first place, as the way they dealt with it felt completely off to me.

Real shame, I mean the original FMA proved you don't HAVE to stick to a manga to produce a decent series, but Gonzo just really didn't bother with the second season at all (make cash quick...doh!), and although a few small elements beyond the 2 episodes have made it into the manga, I seriously doubt how much mangaka influence there was on the production.

A 'Rosario + Vampire: Fresh Blood' remake would be a rather good idea...if they run out of other good ideas, I'd even be willing to give Gonzo another go, as they have produced some good stuff like the original Fullmetal Panic, if they dropped the excessive desire for fanservice and focused on the action, plot, humour etc which makes the original story good. The manga itself has plenty of potential if they cut some filler; even if they did have to do a quick ending due to time constraints.
Reading: None at the moment
tyranuus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-17, 04:44   Link #18969
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Mizore's rape plot was more a harassment. Kurumu is given enough chapters to develop in the manga. Like I always say the manga lacks some and the anime lacks some(plot that is) fanservice though is 100%.

Kurumu is another overall popular girl, she has more merchandise than Mizore and at par with Moka's merchandise to boot.

Bottomline Moka, Kurumu and Mizore are the top popular girls in R+V that's why most of the stories focus on them.

Old 2011-02-17, 05:17   Link #18970
Tachibana
タチバナ

Either way, i like both the anime and manga, even though Tsukune may not be a fighter like he is in the manga...

Besides, the music for the anime is one of the things i really like.
Old 2011-02-17, 07:22   Link #18971
Chris38

Well, the scans of chapter 39 are out and...

Spoiler for 39:

And now the wait for chapter 40 begins, which should appear in about 2 weeks from today...

Last edited by Chris38; 2011-02-17 at 08:01.
Chris38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-17, 08:13   Link #18972
ShiroiRyu

39 :

Spoiler for 39:
ShiroiRyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-17, 08:50   Link #18973
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Heh, Gin has this 'I knew this was going to happen...' look on his face.

...looks like a 'no-go' on the harem idea... especially if Akua-neetama has anything to say on the matter.
Old 2011-02-17, 08:54   Link #18974
Tachibana
タチバナ

Good chapter, sadly no info on the Holy Lock but perhaps in chapter 40 we will know.

Even though it's going to be Ura-Moka and Omote-Moka X Tsukune in the end. i feel bad for the way Kurumu is feeling, however something like this would have happened in the future when Tsukune finally admits who he loves and that person is Akashiya Moka.

I support Moka X Tsukune, but that doesn't mean i don't think of the other girls feelings...

I had speculated that Touhou Fuhai learned of Tsukune from Mikogami. So, i just wonder if Touhou knows what "kind" of vampire blood flows through Tsukune's body.....

And as for Moka and Tsukune, they really can feel eachother and are connected through the Shinso blood in their bodies, good to know, no doubt this is related to the synchronizing effects of the blood itself.

Last edited by Tachibana; 2011-02-17 at 09:11.
Old 2011-02-17, 09:01   Link #18975
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

So funny. Oh man, the beginning was sooo funny.

The end was... so sad. I want to say she should have known better and seen this coming but...
Old 2011-02-17, 09:47   Link #18976
Haru~
My Lovely Bunny Chie

This series has gone almost to my droplist. And what the hell Gin x Kurumu flags raising? Why would you build a perfect monster harem and destroy it in the end? Hell, this chapter frustrates me that most. If the harem is destroyed, what we have is a shoujo like story, reminding me of that awful Twilight series.
Old 2011-02-17, 10:20   Link #18977
Tachibana
タチバナ

If your trying to compare Twilight to Rosario Vampire, than there is something wrong here, R+V is a hell of a lot better than that crap...

Twilight is an insult to true vampires and their awesomeness.....

Now that Tsukune has confessed his love for both Mokas, keeping the monster harem is rather pointless, unless Ikeda decides to keep the harem going, even after Tsukune's confession.

Last edited by Tachibana; 2011-02-17 at 10:51.
Old 2011-02-17, 10:52   Link #18978
Chris38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinso Tsukune View Post
If your trying to compare Twilight to Rosario Vampire, than there is something wrong here, R+V is a hell of a lot better than that crap...

Now that Tsukune has confessed her love for both Mokas, keeping the monster harem is rather pointless, unless Ikeda decides to keep the harem going, even after Tsukune's confession.
Which is a possibility, considering the fact that the series is probably going to still continue for some time, and I don't think that the harem is going to be broken until Moka and Tsukune become a couple and I don't think that will happen until we are near the end of the manga...

So, currently I don't see the harem being broken, even if Tsukune has confessed his feelings foreword Moka - after all based upon what we have seen so far, it doesn't seem like Moka remembers Tsukune's confession, and in my opinion Kurumu is going to somehow regain her fighting spirit in chapter 40, even if at this point, she doesn't have much chances of getting together with Tsukune...
Chris38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-17, 11:04   Link #18979
Tachibana
タチバナ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris38 View Post
Which is a possibility, considering the fact that the series is probably going to still continue for some time, and I don't think that the harem is going to be broken until Moka and Tsukune become a couple and I don't think that will happen until we are near the end of the manga...

So, currently I don't see the harem being broken, even if Tsukune has confessed his feelings foreword Moka - after all based upon what we have seen so far, it doesn't seem like Moka remembers Tsukune's confession, and in my opinion Kurumu is going to somehow regain her fighting spirit in chapter 40, even if at this point, she doesn't have much chances of getting together with Tsukune...
I agree with you that the harem will continue like the way you say.

But i'm really looking forward to the Moka X Tsukune ending.
Old 2011-02-17, 11:05   Link #18980
Haru~
My Lovely Bunny Chie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinso Tsukune View Post

Now that Tsukune has confessed his love for both Mokas, keeping the monster harem is rather pointless, unless Ikeda decides to keep the harem going, even after Tsukune's confession.
That's why this series is going downhill. Because we are now introduced a one-path ending where only one gets the happy end. And like a Shoujo romance prince saving the princess plot right now, and Kurumu being thrown to Gin and Mizore becoming a Yuri, I don't know if I can keep up anymore.
Vampire with awful stories keeps reminding me with Twilight (See Twilight= utter crap.) I'm not comparing, just being reminded how vampire stories are degraded nowadays.
Harem is one the reason why I keep reading this, added by Tsukune's badass abilities, but with Harem broken, and having chapters where we have to see the girls like Kurumu(being thrown to the DOGS!) and Mizore suffer, I DO NOT WANT.
And no, I don't see the harem in the end, as we see flags being raised by the author for Kurumu x Gin. (Which is WTH)

Tags
action, comedy, ecchi, harem, monogamy, romance, shounen, supernatural, tsumoka romance, vampire