Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-06-02, 12:04   Link #1
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Bleach - Voice Actor Appreciation & Discussion

I am going to steal the OP from NSW's Post

Quote:

The purpose of this thread is to discuss, critique and idolize the Voice Actor cast of Bleach. Please remember that the discussion should center on their performances as professional voice actors and not on the show content (which can be discussed in the various Episode threads). Please remember this simple rule when critiquing a VA's performance or reading another forum member's critique:

* - Don't take it personally.

In other words, you’re free to disagree with another person’s opinion, but don’t flame them if they offer a well written and well thought out analysis that differs from your own opinion. Keep it civil.

* - Voice Actors are humans.

Yes, it’s true. They’re human. Therefore, don’t just indiscriminately rip them and their work apart as if they’re inorganic objects. You don’t have to praise them non-stop, but be thoughtful in your criticism.

This thread might duplicate some discussion in the Episode threads, but it can also serve to demystify various VA roles, disseminate VA information (VA Bios, VA photos, etc) and provide cast information of various types as well as discussion about performances.

Master List

Last edited by Zu Ra; 2007-11-19 at 23:30.
Old 2007-06-02, 12:29   Link #2
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Masakazu Morita ( Seiyu : Ichigo )

Masakazu Morita

* Date of Birth : 1972-10-21

* Hometown : Tokyo, Japan

* Blood Type : A

* Height : 168 cm

* Hobbies : Fishing

* Skills & Abilities : Calligraphy Karate and Kendo

* Morita Won "Best Rookie Actor" in the Seiyū Awards for his role as Ichigo Kurosaki.

* Morita is the host of the radio show, Bleach B-Station

* Morita currently works for Aoni Production.

* He was Staff in La Corda D'Oro ~primo passo~ Theme Song Performance (ED, "stella quintet")

* Morita has done a one off role in Special A Drama CD as Tadashi Karino .

* Morita is probably most known for the roles as Ichigo (Bleach), Kazuki (Kiniro no Corda), Auel Neider (GSD) and Pegasus Seiya (Saint Seiya Hades: Chapter Inferno).

* Anime Roles :

Spoiler for Savin Space:

* Game Roles :

Spoiler for Savin Space:
Old 2007-06-02, 13:15   Link #3
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Fumiko Orikasa ( Seiyu : Rukia )

Fumiko Orikasa

* Date of Birth : 1974-12-27

* Hometown : Taito, Tokyo, Japan

* Blood Type : A

* Hobbies : Shopping

* Skills & Abilities : Dance

* Fumiko is represented by the Tokyo Actor's Consumer's Cooperative Society.

* Fumiko was staff in

Quote:
- Animal Yokocho : Theme Song Lyrics (ED2), Theme Song Performance (ED2)

- Ichigo Mashimaro (OAV) : Theme Song Performance (OP/ED)

- Pani Poni Dash! : Theme Song Performance (OP)

- Petite Princess Yucie : Theme Song Performance (OP)

- Strawberry Marshmallow : Theme Song Performance (OP/ED)

- Tsukihime, Lunar Legend : Theme Song Performance (ED)

* Fumiko has 116 ( & Counting ) Seiyu Roles to her credit

* Her Popular roles include Azusa Fuyutsuki (GTO) Kuchiki Rukia (Bleach) Seras Victoria (Hellsing) Rika Nonaka (Digimon Tamers) Meyrin Hawke (GSD) and Kirara (Samurai7)

* Her Recent roles include Seras Victoria (Hellsing Ultimate) , Lady (Devil May Cry) and Shirley Fenete(Code Geass - Lelouch of the Rebellion)

* Fumiko is an accompalished singer and a seiyu

* Fumiko has released 4 Studio Albums to date they are Sweetie , Flower , Lune and 輪廻の果てに… ( L--->R)

Quote:
* Anime Roles :

Spoiler for Savin Space:

Note : I havnt stated all the roles as they are way too many
Old 2007-06-02, 15:43   Link #4
qx123

I enjoy the VA of Kuchiki Byakuya who also did Treize of Gundam Wing. Very cool.

I loved that of Ichimaru Gin who had that dialect and sarcastic tone.
Old 2007-06-04, 19:11   Link #5
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

I just hope the English H Ichigo is good ... if it isn't Im not watching it english anymore. ><
Old 2007-06-04, 20:19   Link #6
Hisago
The Superchunky from Hell

You can hear Luppi, Nell, and the Desert Bros. voices on the HTS 4 website... I'd go find the link, but I'm too lazy at the moment.
Old 2007-06-05, 01:01   Link #7
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Noriaki Sugiyama ( Seiyu : Ishida )

Noriaki Sugiyama

* Hometown : Tokyo, Japan

* Blood type : A

* Favorites : Cats , Dogs , Japanese Green Tea

* Hobbies : Appreciating Art , Driving , Going on walks , Karaoke

* Galleria : Non Tan Galleria

* Fan Listing : Non-Tan

* Sugiyama is a Japanese seiyū and television actor

* He is affectionately known as Non-Tan by his fans

* Non-tan was a nickname given to him by Junko Takeuchi, on the radio show Naruto Nippon .

* Non Tan has lent his voice for just one Drama Cd till date, Hector in "Riviera -Yakusoku no Chi-"

* He has dubbed for Ray Thompson in Justice League and as Bloo in Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends

* Non Tan has released a single entitled 'Fragment' as well as a mini-album called 'on the way'.

* Anime Roles :

Spoiler for Savin Space:
Old 2007-06-05, 13:44   Link #8
Vicious108

Bleach is full of unique voice actors and they all fit their characters perfectly, whoever did the casting did an awesome job.

Fumihiko Tachiki is great as Kenpachi, hes got the badass bloodthirsty guy who just doesnt give a **** voice down perfectly. Other role of his I really enjoyed was Kugashira Bunji in Gungrave, that guy was badass. Hence Fumihiko being his VA.

Ryusei Nakao fits like a glove for Mayuri, if theres a voice that screams mad scientist, its his. I also liked him as Frieza, much better than the dub old woman voice they gave him.

Kouji Yusa owns as Gin too, sly and sarcastic voice which is what Gin is all about. I was really suprised when I saw he also did Shadow (Sonic X), hes got some good range.

My favorite VA, however, is probably Junichi Suwabe, who does Grimmjow. I loved him as Greed in FMA and as soon as I heard he would be voicing Grimmjow I knew hed be awesome, because his voice is just... cool, you know. Really has that careless punk tone.
Old 2007-06-06, 12:12   Link #9
Jingjong

What are people's thoughts on the English dub? I actually really like Chad's voice, more than his Japanese voice. Fits him perfectly IMO.
Old 2007-06-06, 13:44   Link #10
Vicious108

The dub was great until Soul Society characters showed up, the likes of Renji and Gin got terrible voices IMO.

Its a shame though, it was doing very well up to that point, JYB rocks as Ichigo.
Old 2007-06-06, 14:09   Link #11
KurosakiIchigo15

I agree with jingjong Chad's english dub is perfect, but i dont see the problem with Gin or Renji
Old 2007-06-06, 14:13   Link #12
KurosakiIchigo15

And lets not forget Urahara, i think Michael Lindsay did a perfect job with his voice
Old 2007-06-06, 16:43   Link #13
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

So far the ONLY voice im Dissapointed in ..... Gin .... he doesn't speak like he did in the Japanese version .. he speaks normal while in the Jap version he talked strange .
Old 2007-06-06, 16:59   Link #14
Midorii
Airborne Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by qx123 View Post
I enjoy the VA of Kuchiki Byakuya who also did Treize of Gundam Wing. Very cool.

I loved that of Ichimaru Gin who had that dialect and sarcastic tone.
i totally agree, Ichimaru's voice is great, specially when he says "Shoot to kill, Shinsou"

I think Masakazu Morita is doing an awsome job as a voice actor, he gives the character clearly different actitudes and feelings .
Old 2007-06-06, 22:36   Link #15
whitepearl
Dietrich fan #681675

Send a message via AIM to whitepearl Send a message via MSN to whitepearl
Quote:
Originally Posted by KurosakiIchigo15 View Post
And lets not forget Urahara, i think Michael Lindsay did a perfect job with his voice
I still prefer the Japanese voice (Shinichiro Miki) because he adds that little cheerful tone in his voice that doesn't make him seem like he is serious when he really is. It's hard to describe but whenever you hear him speak in the Japanese version of Bleach, he captures the essence of Urarhara's character perfectly. Michael Lindsay's version of Urahara just makes him look like a lazy guy.
Old 2007-06-06, 23:10   Link #16
Jingjong

The rabid anime fan in me gets annoyed with the English dub at times, mostly in the way they pronounce names. Renji totally butchers saying Zabimaru, putting emphasis on the ma when there's none in Japanese and the like, not to mention I don't think his voice is a good match to the character.

That aside I enjoy and look forward to the English dub each week.
Old 2007-06-06, 23:14   Link #17
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

I agree with whitepearl Shinichiro Miki is far more versatile and experienced than Lindsay . Miki is the third most prolific seiyū and has over 230 voice credits to his name.

Also Miki has this amazingly cheerful/teasing voice which in this case suites the chara
Old 2007-06-07, 07:50   Link #18
ashesatdusk

Send a message via AIM to ashesatdusk
Wow Rukia's voice actor has played a lot of different roles... Her Dynamic range is quite impressive...
Old 2007-06-07, 08:00   Link #19
Scep
commands you to...!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geta Boshi View Post
I agree with whitepearl Shinichiro Miki is far more versatile and experienced than Lindsay . Miki is the third most prolific seiyū and has over 230 voice credits to his name.

Also Miki has this amazingly cheerful/teasing voice which in this case suites the chara
Agreed. I dont know about others, but personally i think the english urahara sucks. He's okay if urahara is any normal character, but for the... "playful" personality of urahara, he just dosen't cut it.
Old 2007-06-07, 08:11   Link #20
Vicious108

Yes, Miki makes for a great Urahara, while Lindsay is decent at best. I know Urahara looks like a stoner, but he shouldnt talk like one.
Closed Thread