AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kimi ga Nozomu Eien

Notices

Old 2004-01-23, 02:10   Link #21
stormy001_M1A2

Send a message via MSN to stormy001_M1A2
The last part, where Haruka's book is essentially a signal to Mitsuki and Takayuki that she has forgiven them and wants to be friends again like the old days.
Old 2004-01-23, 02:23   Link #22
Deralti

Send a message via AIM to Deralti
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myself
About the last one: enough already! As if that makes any sense whatsoever anyhow! Wait...does mitsuki even have parents?
I'd really like to know.
Deralti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-23, 03:13   Link #23
OkitaSoshiX

Is it just me or was I the only one who went from "Haruka blah blah blah" (eps. 14 at eh beach) and a tear rolled down my eye right when she said "It was a fun dream"? I'm not quite sure why you guys didn't mention this part. Maybe because I've been able to Relate to Haruka's Situation (except being a cripple ^-^) But I don't know...and then it hit me when i saw Takayuki crying and thought of all those times they had together....

Please post thoughts ^-^
OkitaSoshiX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-26, 23:21   Link #24
SketchyMcChips

I finished watching the series about 12hrs ago and i'm still thinking about it.

I was really torn because Haruka is quite close to the type of girl that i normally go for...but at the same time i can understand what Mitsuki is going thru.

The whole passing of time and things not being what they used to be is quite pertinant to myself at the moment and i can say that throughout all the episodes that i was knotted up inside.

I reckon if the waitresses weren't there to lighten things up i'd have been in floods throughout.
SketchyMcChips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-27, 00:18   Link #25
Deralti

Send a message via AIM to Deralti
Quote:
Originally Posted by SketchyMcChips
I finished watching the series about 12hrs ago and i'm still thinking about it.

I was really torn because Haruka is quite close to the type of girl that i normally go for...but at the same time i can understand what Mitsuki is going thru.

The whole passing of time and things not being what they used to be is quite pertinant to myself at the moment and i can say that throughout all the episodes that i was knotted up inside.

I reckon if the waitresses weren't there to lighten things up i'd have been in floods throughout.
Bold 1: No wonder your'e still looking*....

Bold 2: This, right? Yay, I know what it means now

Bold 3: I dunno about floods, but yes I would most likely be in tears.

*= Haruka is one of those 1 every 10-20 years kinda people in life. All the others that seem like Haruka..well...aren't.
Deralti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-27, 00:43   Link #26
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by OkitaSoshiX
Is it just me or was I the only one who went from "Haruka blah blah blah" (eps. 14 at eh beach) and a tear rolled down my eye right when she said "It was a fun dream"? I'm not quite sure why you guys didn't mention this part. Maybe because I've been able to Relate to Haruka's Situation (except being a cripple ^-^) But I don't know...and then it hit me when i saw Takayuki crying and thought of all those times they had together....

Please post thoughts ^-^
Yeah, that scene was very sad. In the second episode, you really see that Takayuki and Haruka's relationship *was* like the dream romance, and for her to say "it was a fun dream" seemed very fitting, but also very sad. I also had centered my hopes on Haruka since the very beginning, so the anime was sort of sad for her. Then again, it was sad for everyone...
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-27, 04:59   Link #27
SketchyMcChips

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deralti
Bold 1: No wonder your'e still looking*....

Bold 2: This, right? Yay, I know what it means now

Bold 3: I dunno about floods, but yes I would most likely be in tears.

*= Haruka is one of those 1 every 10-20 years kinda people in life. All the others that seem like Haruka..well...aren't.
Bold 1: Yeah...ah well i can alwasy sit here and hope now can't I [sighs] (also after re-reading it, i thought it read a little too much like I was after an anime g/f rather than a real world one )

Bold 2: Oopsy on the spelling...it was very late when i wrote this(5am my time)

Bold 3: Lol...floods is probably pushing it
SketchyMcChips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-05, 17:19   Link #28
Chicken

Ok.. it seems like all you people are sided with mitsuki! i mean come on! she was like a hunter waiting for the right time to snatch takayuki away from haruka i see mituki as evil and *cough* whorish *cough* anyways back on topic
Yeah i agree with okita soshi.. that part was... very saddening...
Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-07, 15:31   Link #29
nolimit

I really felt sorry for mitsuki! she was babysitting takayuki, working at same time! so so sad she had to make his breakfast, during her lunch break she would goto takayuki to prepare lunch or dinner etc!

i think being physically hurt is not bad as being mentally hurt over and over and over again!

The most powerful scenes were for me are;

When Takayuki came home after visiting Haruka, Mitsuki is soo worried about loosing Takayuki, she starts making love before he even took his shoe off.

When mitsuki starts singing to herself.

When mitsuki just goes all out for sex!! (guys u better treat your g.f good otherwise same could happen )

Takayuki trying to take haruka to the Art expo!
nolimit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-07, 17:59   Link #30
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicken
Ok.. it seems like all you people are sided with mitsuki! i mean come on! she was like a hunter waiting for the right time to snatch takayuki away from haruka i see mituki as evil and *cough* whorish *cough*
Quote:
Originally Posted by nolimit
I really felt sorry for mitsuki! she was babysitting takayuki, working at same time! so so sad she had to make his breakfast, during her lunch break she would goto takayuki to prepare lunch or dinner etc!

i think being physically hurt is not bad as being mentally hurt over and over and over again!
These two quotes really represent the two different opinions pretty well. I personally felt pretty much like Chicken when I first saw the show, but after time I came to understand nolimit's opinion also. I think it mostly depends on which girl was your favorite when you first watched it. Both of the girls went through an incredible amount of pain, though, and both had their definite share of sad moments in the show.
Old 2004-02-08, 15:42   Link #31
Sharkus-kun
Neighborhood Sea Predator

I saw this entire series a few days ago and I'm actually starting to regret it. I mean, I really enjoyed the series, but it really got me riled up, and the ending didn't do too much to kind of ease that tension that got built up during the series. So, nothing much else to do but vent somewhere to kind of put some of these anxieties at ease.

So! Yeah...about the Mitsuki sex thing...the saddest part about that that I think some people didn't realize was that she was using sex to measure her self worth. That...phew. In the timespan when she was taking care of Takayuki and gave him all his attention and literally getting no mutual response whatsoever. To be trying so hard to get the attention from another, and eventually pulling out sex to get it going. That's a sad case indeed. So to finally gain that with Takayuki, then risk having it taken away with Haruka's awakening...I'm glad she got what she wanted/deserved in the end.

I liked Haruka. She made the best decision by letting Takayuki go. With the exception of the accident and losing her three years, she didn't suffer as much as Mitsuki did, and I'm pretty sure she's stronger than Mitsuki to have to go around to guys and sleep with them to get her self worth. She'll probably find some guy to be happy with, much like Shinji found some girl.

At the end, I hope the four of them resolve things and get to be friends again. It sounds like a hokey happy ending, but I don't think I could go on in any of the character's lives without thinking that I couldn't at least hang out with these people who were special in my life at one time. Hard feelings...just get over it.
Sharkus-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-08, 17:24   Link #32
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkus-kun
I saw this entire series a few days ago and I'm actually starting to regret it. I mean, I really enjoyed the series, but it really got me riled up, and the ending didn't do too much to kind of ease that tension that got built up during the series. So, nothing much else to do but vent somewhere to kind of put some of these anxieties at ease.
I know exactly what you mean, and I'm sure you'll feel weird/depressed/tense for a while. But, at the same time, I've got to admit that it was such a neat experience looking back at it because of all the built up tension. Not many shows, animated or not, have ever gotten this kind of emotional involvement from me. Whether the feeling is good or bad, I don't know... but I think it was worth it just to experience it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkus-kun
With the exception of the accident and losing her three years, [Haruka] didn't suffer as much as Mitsuki did, and I'm pretty sure she's stronger than Mitsuki to have to go around to guys and sleep with them to get her self worth.
Yeah, the most interesting thing about this anime is how the girl who seemed weak and fragile ended up being the stronger; the girl who lost the most time ended up growing up the most. Really, as you say, it is Mitsuki who had the most issues and was in need of the most help and thus, even if you're a Haruka fan, you've got to understand why this is the happiest of the possible endings. Haruka was able to have her dream of being with Takayuki for a while, but once it was over, she was able to move on. It took Mitsuki years to become bold enough to even reach for her dream, and even then it was out of complete and utter desperation. Even though I didn't feel it at the time, looking back at it now, I do feel sorry for all Mitsuki went through.
Old 2004-02-08, 22:46   Link #33
SiuSiu

Part that got me the most was probably when Haruka said it's been a fun dream and they both said farewell ><;;......and I just can't stand how Mitsuki keeps using sex whenever she seems to feel insecure about something....I mean....SHINJI?!....it would've been better if she did it with that no name character instead of with the best friend ¬_¬

edit: Forgot to add something else....What's the deal with Shinji....he leaves his date and sleeps with Mitsuki.....then has the nerve to tell Takayuki that he did it because Taka is indecisive and proceeds to pummel him as well....not only that....He ends up with Miki in the end too....I mean...seriously....WTF?!?

Last edited by SiuSiu; 2004-02-08 at 23:42.
SiuSiu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-09, 23:58   Link #34
Tallica

Send a message via AIM to Tallica
the only thing i still don't understand is why Haruka felt she had to completely stop being friends with Takayuki and Mitsuki, I mean I understad that it would be painful to see them together, but still, especially with the strength of Haruka's character, I would think she would remain close friends with them. Maybe I am the only one who feels this way....
Tallica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-10, 01:20   Link #35
Sharkus-kun
Neighborhood Sea Predator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallica
the only thing i still don't understand is why Haruka felt she had to completely stop being friends with Takayuki and Mitsuki, I mean I understad that it would be painful to see them together, but still, especially with the strength of Haruka's character, I would think she would remain close friends with them. Maybe I am the only one who feels this way....
A lot of that I think depends on Haruka. Last time she saw Mitsuki, she slapped her and told her to get out...so I think she'd have to be the one to approach the two later on if they could even be found. I know what you mean though...granted, it was hard times, but certainly no reason to completely stop being friends.
Sharkus-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-10, 13:02   Link #36
stormy001_M1A2

Send a message via MSN to stormy001_M1A2
If the dude is decisive, all the pain and drama will never happen at all
Old 2004-02-11, 15:13   Link #37
ugupoo
多谢你爱我.... *キッス!* ^_~

Just how many guys are quick and decisive in this world anyways? Without screwing up afterwards? If you're hit with depression, plus the fact that a person you loved years ago just woke up from his or her comatose ... how will you handle life with your current relationship under this circumstance? Afterall, it's not like you really broke up with the previous.

Decisions decisions. Dilemmas Dilemmas. Always tough to make, without failing miserably and screwing up both parties. There's always the reset button, but even that has problems, as shown in The Butterfly Effect. ^_^

Last edited by ugupoo; 2004-02-11 at 15:31.
ugupoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-11, 15:20   Link #38
Shift_

I think we should ban american chicken...oh wait...wrong thread...

hmmm...

Well unless if someone decides to make an OVA where Takayuki dies...I'm still "meh" with the ending. The series didn't even fill up a DVD.
Shift_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-11, 15:32   Link #39
ugupoo
多谢你爱我.... *キッス!* ^_~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shift_
I think we should ban american chicken...oh wait...wrong thread...

hmmm...

Well unless if someone decides to make an OVA where Takayuki dies...I'm still "meh" with the ending. The series didn't even fill up a DVD.

Takayuki can't die! I lub him. ^_~
ugupoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-11, 18:49   Link #40
FreeJPA

Eh... You love every male character that gets screwed over in a series ^_^

But let's say Takayuki "turns back time" (via The Butterfly Effect), if he did so in the middle of the series, he probably would've made it on time for their date, and gone out with Haruka. Problem is, now that Haruka's "A OK", what happens to Mitsuki? He knows that she loves him, so, he'll probalby confront her feelings and that's it! End of series! A good 3 episodes!

So now in the "new future", Takayuki is going out with Haruka (maybe married by now ) but then guess what? Mitsuki, who became depressed by Takayuki's abrupt rejection to her feelings, commits suicide! Or worse, becomes a drug addict and joins the prostitution ring! So, Takayuki here, guilty once again, uses his "Cool Butterfly Effect possesion of earlier times technique", and attempts to change things for the better.

Rinse and repeat for a good 10 or so episodes, and WHoA! We've got on our hands a brand new series! Now THAT is worth a DVD
FreeJPA is offline   Reply With Quote