AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2010-12-25, 20:23   Link #6801
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
Halls of Origination: I believe you only need to do the Light room to get the elevator working, you can also skip those 3 bosses at the top, and just go to the last boss.
So is it possible to skip the first boss? I guess running along the bottom, perhaps? Or is he unavoidable?
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-25, 20:26   Link #6802
Xacual

He is unavoidable, I looked around the other side, the stairs are all broken way too high.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-25, 20:33   Link #6803
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
He is unavoidable, I looked around the other side, the stairs are all broken way too high.
Just like Xacual said, the first boss is pretty much you have to, in order to get the stairs to work. I was going off about possibly skipping the Lord Marrowgar clone and just doing the light room.
Old 2010-12-25, 22:06   Link #6804
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

You can skip the second boss in SFK too, the kitchen guy. Just go up the ramp rather then into the kitchen.

You can skip the shaman guy in TotTs too and just go straight to Neptulon.
Old 2010-12-26, 11:17   Link #6805
ChainLegacy
廉頗

I haven't played WoW with any regularity since Burning Crusade. I was in the raid scene back then, our guild was pretty hardcore for our realm and I was their best healer (paladin) but I got fed up with it and quit. My friend convinced me to give Cataclysm a try, and I made a goblin. I've really been loving the goblin starting zone. I think gameplay wise this might be their most polished expansion yet. The cutscenes, fun quests, and the like were all top notch.
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-26, 18:37   Link #6806
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
The duration of the Superheated Quicksilver Armor debuff on Karsh Steelbender is now 17 seconds, up from 12 seconds. The encounter was too hard to tank and went against our intended fight mechanics. The display for this buff may not properly update until a client-side patch is applied.

Chaos Orbs can now only been seen and rolled on by characters with a minimum skill level of 425 in Tailoring, Blacksmithing, Leatherworking, or Engineering.
Both those changes I am glad to see since the Steelbender was an absurdly difficult fight and Also needed changed to the orbs though.
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-26, 20:27   Link #6807
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konakaga View Post
Both those changes I am glad to see since the Steelbender was an absurdly difficult fight and Also needed changed to the orbs though.
Steelbender was sorta an easy fight once we got used to it. Of course there is still that annoying Fire AoE that will hurt to no limits. But the only problems my group had was the adds, once we finally knew what to do with adds, we stack him to 10-12 then let shield drop, then down him. Probably might go to "Too Hot to Handle" achievement or somewhere along those lines.
Old 2010-12-27, 01:37   Link #6808
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Steelbender was sorta an easy fight once we got used to it. Of course there is still that annoying Fire AoE that will hurt to no limits. But the only problems my group had was the adds, once we finally knew what to do with adds, we stack him to 10-12 then let shield drop, then down him. Probably might go to "Too Hot to Handle" achievement or somewhere along those lines.
Well that AoE is a nightmare for healers, so the nerf makes it alot nicer on us .

Also cleared Grim Batol HC[last one I hadn't done] first and third boss were a bit tricky to get use to on HC, though second and last weren't too much worse than normal and got my i346 plate wrists from the last boss and got my i346 headpiece with Justice Points bringing me to i346 average now, just in time for my guild's first cata raid attempt tomorrow, we're planning to do Blackwing Descents 10 man, unless we somehow have Tol Barad for once .
MAL
Old 2010-12-27, 12:57   Link #6809
GDB

I swear, my guild has the worst luck in Heroics. Not even counting the fact that we've gotten Stonecore more often than not as our random heroic (we killed this dragon this time, and got Ozurk down to 5% before people got cocky and thought they could dps him down before dying to a ground pound).

We've killed at least a dozen heroic bosses. Know how many usable items we've gotten? One. The plate dps gloves in deadmines. I got the heroic tank shield in BRC, but that's my off-spec for soloing. Everything else has been vendor trash.

It's so infuriating that we struggle (in combination of lower end gear and people not logging on to do heroics until there's only 3 hours left before people crash), but then we don't actually get any advancements in gear.
Old 2010-12-27, 13:57   Link #6810
Xacual

Well you're getting justice points at least, I know at least for tanking, some of the justice stuff is better than epics because of the extra sockets and better itemization.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-27, 14:08   Link #6811
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
I swear, my guild has the worst luck in Heroics. Not even counting the fact that we've gotten Stonecore more often than not as our random heroic (we killed this dragon this time, and got Ozurk down to 5% before people got cocky and thought they could dps him down before dying to a ground pound).

We've killed at least a dozen heroic bosses. Know how many usable items we've gotten? One. The plate dps gloves in deadmines. I got the heroic tank shield in BRC, but that's my off-spec for soloing. Everything else has been vendor trash.

It's so infuriating that we struggle (in combination of lower end gear and people not logging on to do heroics until there's only 3 hours left before people crash), but then we don't actually get any advancements in gear.
Ouch that's so bad luck, as I've only gotten Stonecore HC once as my "random HC", though since I am enchanter Vendor blues currently is always good since I need the shards to buy recipes, enchant my rings, and few other nice enchantments call for them .

On a different note for holy paladin meta gem, I am currently using Ember Shadowspirit Diamond that I think is better than Revitalizing Shadowspirit Diamond since I have a pretty good amount of spirit already.
MAL
Old 2010-12-27, 14:23   Link #6812
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Picked up my Cogwheels early so when I do finally get my engineering helm, I'll be able to fit it out quick. Meta gem will be a pain since the Chaotic gem is still messed up (that +3% crit damage was nice)...will probably be forced to get the Ember meta instead unless I need more +hit gems, then the Chaotic will work fine.
Old 2010-12-27, 23:57   Link #6813
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
Well you're getting justice points at least, I know at least for tanking, some of the justice stuff is better than epics because of the extra sockets and better itemization.
Well, I know that as a healer, none of the justice point stuff is a worthwhile upgrade for me. Best I can do is spend about 1650 JP to get... +5 to a few stats. Maybe if there were a JP bracer or cloak...

Quote:
On a different note for holy paladin meta gem, I am currently using Ember Shadowspirit Diamond that I think is better than Revitalizing Shadowspirit Diamond since I have a pretty good amount of spirit already.
Yeah, I'm using Ember as well. I just don't really like Revitalizing that much. Spirit does not weigh the same as intellect. I actually went back and forth on Ember Shadowspirit vs Insightful Earthsiege for a while. In the end, the extra 32 INT or whatever on the Ember tipped it in that favor.
Old 2010-12-28, 14:28   Link #6814
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

I'm just missing the Meta Gem bonus so much... Blizzard really does need to fix that quickly so the dps can benefit from the meta.. My dps is suffering because of the fact the meta gem doesn't work.
Old 2010-12-28, 14:41   Link #6815
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
I'm just missing the Meta Gem bonus so much... Blizzard really does need to fix that quickly so the dps can benefit from the meta.. My dps is suffering because of the fact the meta gem doesn't work.
Yea it's rather annoying, I just picked the +54 mastery gem to use for DPS until they decide it's time to fix it D:.

In other news good side we managed to have tol barad yesterday so I actually to do those dailies and got 6 of the 9 rotating ones done. On the bad side Blackwing Descents we mainly focused on trying to down the iron golem defense system, and god that fight is utter madness with how much stuff is going on we managed to learn how to deal with each of the 4 individual for sure, but once 2 are active the fight is just nuts, the lowest managed to get it to was about 65% as I am pretty sure one of our tanks was undergeared a bit as our warrior tank would die when had to switch golems quite a few times, thus wiping us, while our DK tank was only the first tank to die once despite the warrior getting beacon of light and earth shield >.>. We also made two attempts on magmaraw[or whatever that giant fire wyrm is called], and those freaking pillars of fire spawn REALLY fast.
MAL
Old 2010-12-28, 14:53   Link #6816
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

I feel so relieved... Just downed Halfus Wyrmbreaker before the reset (we literally went old-school wiped at 1% with like 10,000 health left) vent was just insane then we also attempted Valiona and Theralion, but the results were not that pretty, the lowest we can get them was like 91% when they switch. The fact that our raid group is melee-heavy and Theralion's "Twilight Flames" ability is aoe for 30k it just hurts... Everything else went smoothly for Valiona.

The lowest I got on Omnitron Defense System was about 14% due to the fact that the tank keeps mysteriously dying on us... Never attempted Magmaw yet.
Old 2010-12-28, 15:01   Link #6817
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
The lowest I got on Omnitron Defense System was about 14% due to the fact that the tank keeps mysteriously dying on us... Never attempted Magmaw yet.
Yea tanks "mysteriously dying on us" sounds about the same thing happening to us cause their deaths weren't cause healers oom'd they just got died within seconds from some burst of damage .
MAL
Old 2010-12-28, 22:00   Link #6818
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Yea tanks "mysteriously dying on us" sounds about the same thing happening to us cause their deaths weren't cause healers oom'd they just got died within seconds from some burst of damage .
I don't know which tron unit caused it... Could it be Arcanotron's increase damage because he was in the pool? Could it be Toxitron's sneaky plague bombs? Could it be Magmatron? Well thats impossible to mysteriously die from him... Could it be Electron? I don't know.
Old 2010-12-29, 07:14   Link #6819
Clarste
Human

Arcanotron is the most likely culprit, unless you just somehow completely missed a slime. If that happened you have other problems though. Anyway, for Arcanotron remember to keep an interrupter on him even after the target switch. Also, purge or spellsteal the buff he gets.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-29, 08:15   Link #6820
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Remember that on Omitron Defense you have to be "fast" on switching to the new Tron - when a new one becomes active, the previous one gains a "shield" of sorts ... and very bad things happen if you keep attacking the boss while the shield is up. Arcanotron, for example, gets a stacking damage buff whenever he is hit while his shield is up, so it isn't surprising that the tank goes poof if someone is slow at switching (Have the tank disable his auto attack as well on the shielded one).

Fire guy has a shield which goes poof for insane raid damage if you break it (300k if i recall). Similar bad stuff with the other two. Bottom line is - do not attack the 'older' of the two active trons. Have everyone stop DPS 5 seconds before a new one becomes active if need be - no one will die because lack of DPS here, but will die to too much DPS at the wrong time.

As for the trons, combinations and how to deal with them ...

First of, Electron - if this guy is up, always stay spread. Marked guy has to move away from raid.

Magmatron - bunch up for AOE heals, marked person moves away from raid and stays away until Magmatron is done channeling his flamethrower at him.

Arcanotron - stack on him, wait until he drops a puddle. Tank moves him out of the puddle, ranged and healers stand on it for the DMG/mana regen boost. Make sure Arcane Annihilator is interrupted as much as possible - targets random raid member for a lot of damage. This "will" start oneshotting people if you were slow on switching away from his shield and he acquired stacks. (As last ditch effort, shield charges can be spellstolen by a mage or purged ... shouldn't happen if people switch properly though).

Toxitron - stack on him, wait until he drops the poison cloud (should be right at his feet because you were stacked) - tank moves out of the cloud, but try to keep boss in it - he takes 50% more damage. Healers/ranged move to max distance, so you have more time available to kill the adds. Killing adds is priority, always.

As for combinations .. the only one to throw a wrench in to things is Electron really, as he discourages raid stacking in situations where it might be otherwise beneficial.

Fire + Lightning - prepare for heavy raid damage, stay spread due to lightning guy. Marked people should always move away from raid.

Lightning + Arcane - have only healers stand in the puddle, no goodies for ranged DPS this time. Stay spread due to lightning guy, with exception of healers who should stack in the puddle droped by arcane guy.

Arcane + toxic - easy. Stack in the puddle and tank the toxic guy at maximum range distance, so you have more time to kill the adds. Just make sure no one is standing in the toxic cloud, as 50% more dmg taken + Arcane Annihilator = bad.

Arcane + Fire - easy. Stack in the puddle and nuke your hearts out. Marked person should move away from raid, as you don't want Magmatron channeling his flamethrower on all of you. Be extra watchful for Arcane Annihilators during flamethrower though, if it hits a player who is currently under fire (and thus likely low on HP) ... well, it won't be pretty.

Fire + Toxic - nothing fancy, stack up at maximum distance from Toxic guy, marked person moves away from raid.

Lightning + toxic - nothing fancy, spread at maximum distance from toxic guy, marked person moves away from raid.

TL ; DR version:
1) Spread if lightning guy is active, otherwise stack up.
2) Always stay at maximum distance from toxic guy.
3) Marked guy always moves away from raid.
4) Nuking adds that come while toxic guy is active takes priority over anything else, except moving away from raid if you are marked.
5) Stand in arcane guy's puddle and make sure he doesn't. (If lightning guy is up, only healers stand there).
6) Do not DPS the old tron when a new one becomes active.
7)???
8) Loot.

Tags
blizzard, game, mmorpg, online, warcraft, windows