AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-05-27, 20:22   Link #7761
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble

I never liked D2 thought it was meh, D1 is what I really enjoyed, and its not dark as in the creatures, the atmosphere and the fog of war. To be honest its really down to the graphics.
I really like D3, very enjoyable.

Anyone got a idea when MoP will be released?
Old 2012-05-27, 20:27   Link #7762
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Story. Diablo has mostly been about battling inner demons and losing the fight against them (the wanderer in D2 took the entire game to fall, and had spend years struggling with Diablo), from what I've seen of D3's story, the "inner battle" was mostly forced and rushed through by external powers this time.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-12, 22:25   Link #7763
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Mists of Pandaria release is September 25th.

I've been playing the Beta of MoP for a few days.

Already this is WAY better than Cata.

Things you can look forward to:

- Quests will only list loot you can use. Loot will become mandatory to use VERY quickly. Only takes until Level 87 zones for loot to be definite upgrades.

- You now only have to loot one mob to loot ALL eligible mobs.

- Rare spawns now all have at least 1 million HP and aren't easy to kill solo. You can kill some pre-90 solo but they won't be easy. The loot they drop is random but BoP. Small chance of a satchel with gold and MoP trade materials. There is an achievement to kill 8 different races of rares, but there are more than one of each type of race available.

- Instances are very fast. Some of the pre-90 ones only took 15 mins. Heroics haven't taken longer than 30. You will need iLvl 440 to qualify for heroics. Items dropping in Heroics are iLvL463.

- Zen Cooking is taught by an NPC at Halfhill in Valley of the Four Winds via a quest. Any other profession can have the Zen version taught in capital cities.

- Cooking now has six different branches that need to be maxed out. When you loot something than can be used in Cooking, the game will let you know when you mouse over the item.

- Fishing levelling up takes about 3-4 catches to get a new point, so faster than Cata.

- Archaeology digsites in Pandaria now have 7 digs per site. There are 18 normal ones and four rares to complete among the 2 races - Pandaria and Mogu. Rares are a Hunter/Druid spear, caster offhand Fan, a training dummy and something else. Those that are actual items are iLvl463. All normals have a chance of finding a Pristine version - there are achieves to find a pristine version of the 18 normals and complete normals 5 times. A completed artifact can be converted into a restored artifact, which you can buy fragments of Cata archaeology with. Turn ins are at the Seat of Knowledge, a higher floor of Mogu'Shan Palace that can only be accessed with FLying at 90.

- Levelling Professions with crafting doesn't need stupid side materials that are hard to get. Tailoring can be done straight to 600 with just Windwool Cloth. Enchanting only needs Pandaria version of mats and each lower mat can be converted to the next tier in a 5:1 ratio (i.e. you can make the epic DE mat without having to raid.)

- Valor Points are now capped at 3000 max stock pile and Honor Points at 4000. Valor points can be capped without Raiding, but dailies now grant 5 Valor Points and there's 30 you can do fresh at 90.

- You can't buy anything from any reps before Honored. A lot of recipes and the like require Reverred or more to buy. You have to get Golden lotus Reverred before you can start doing August Celestials and Shado-Pan dailies, but you can do Tillers, Crimson Lotus and Golden Lotus factions right when you hit 90. No tabard rep grinding is available - tabards only come at Exalted. However, there is no longer a daily cap AT ALL. You can do as many dailies a day as you want.

- The Black Market Auction House is in a house in the Veiled Star just east of the Tavern of Mists. Madam Goya is the sole auctioneer. Rare mounts and pets become BoA in this expansion and can be auctioned on the Black Market - SO START FARMING!

- Only 4 dungeons are doable before 90. 9 become available as Heroic Modes at 90. Scholomance, Scarlet Monastery, Siege of Niuzao Temple, Gate of the Setting Sun and Scarlet Halls are 90 Heroic only. They're easy though. I just did Shado-Pan Monastery Heroic with 4 people.

- Spirit of Harmony is this expansion's version of Motes, Essences, Volatiles.One version for all professions. Used ind aily transmutes, can also be traded for goods.

- Flying available at Seat fo Seven Stars in Vale of Eternal Blossoms at 90 for 2.5k. However, you must beat the trial at the Temple of White Tiger in Kun-Lai Summit in order to unlock the gates to Vale of Eternal Blossoms.

- You first get to Pandaria via the Skyfire quest. The quest starts by telling you to go to Stormwind Keep, so make sure you do it the moment you start MoP.

- A fair number of quest rewards are novelty items so read before you destroy/de.

- DPS wise at 90 and in heroic cap enforce of 440, I'm doing about 30-35k dps as Mage regularly. Doesn't seem much different from what other classes are doing, although apparently Warlocks and unholy Death Knights may be too far ahead of the rest.

- Monks are great tanks.

- Order of zones is Jade Forest, Valley of 4 wins, Krasarang Wilds, Kun-lai Summit, Towlong Steppes, Dread Wastes. You will need nearly all of that questing to get to 90. Dungeon XP is terribad.

- First Aid levelling in Pandaria is fairly easy.

- You need at least Reverred with the major Pandaria reps before you can get Pandarian mounts and Exalted for faction specific ones.

- Jewelcrafting can craft 4 pets and a mount.

- Engineering can craft a MoP mount and a new pet.

- ALL PLAYERS have access to a legendary in Pandaria. The line starts with Wrathion the Black Prince, Son of Deathwing, found at Tavern of Mists in Veiled Stair. Gain favour with him via raids and killing mobs in Vale of Eternal Blossoms.

- Make a LOT of bagspace...you're gonna need it.

- Shoulder enchants can only be obtained from Inscriptioners now. Helm enchants are gone from the game.

- Be realistic about what spec you level in. If you're not Frost as a Mage, you are screwed or going to hurt a lot. Pandaria mobs hit damn hard even when you're 90. So figure out what spec has the best survivability/endurance and use it or you'll fall way behind fast.

- This new Arcane spec/rotation is crazy...Evocating every 15 seconds and maintaining a 6 stack of Arcane Charge is rather nuts.

- Battle Pet trainer is at section of Stormwind Lake overlooking the Dwarven District in SW. Go find simple pet creeps to train on before daring to battle other people. 10 silver to heal/revive a pet outside of the 10 min cd ability.

I'll post more in the coming days.

Last edited by Last Sinner; 2012-08-12 at 22:59.
Last Sinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-13, 05:41   Link #7764
Balzac
Assistant Professor

oh look at that. I always knew there was a WoW section in this subforum, I was just a bit too lazy finding it.

I'm inching closer to 60~

Happy hunting, fellow hunters (and if you're a dwarf, I raise my keg to you)
Old 2012-08-13, 08:02   Link #7765
Destined_Fate

I'm taking a break til MoP. My Worgen Hunter doesn't have much left to do, so I might as well wait for that pet battles feature.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-15, 01:43   Link #7766
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Something I found out yesterday:

- There is a fast way to get the rep of the individual farmers within the Tillers up, because their dailies are random and will tkae forever otherwise. Look for Dark Soil spots around Pandaria, but mainly within The Heartland in Valley of the Four Winds. They will give you on of five possible gifts. If you turn that in to one of the two people the mousover tooltip recommends you to. you get 900 rep with them. If you give it to someone else, 540 rep.

- You get 4 sections to plant things in when you first start with Farmer Yoon. At Honored it's 8, Reverred 12 and Exalted 16. Make use of it - you get bonus rep with The Tillers each time you harvest a crop. Make sure to check your crops a couple of times a day - if they get parched, infested, strangled, etc., you won't be able to harvest them 24hrs after you planted a seed. Occassionally a seed will give a crop instantly.

- There is a rare spawn in Vale of Eternal Blossoms in the sky called Alani. It's pretty much confirmed to be Pandaria's version of Time Lost Proto Drake and Aeonaxx. However, you can't engage and no one will be able to for quite some time. He has a buff that prevents him from being attacked. This buff can only be removed by creating a Sky Crystal. To get a Sky Crystal, you need to get 10 Skyshards. Not sure how you get these though. Supposedly they're a really low drop rate from any mob in Pandaria. I haven't got any yet though.

- Supposedly bonus Crimson Lotus rep can be obtained by finding Onyx Eggs. Haven't found any myself though. Allegedly the island just north of the Arbotreum, where dailies are done, is the hotspot.

- There is a very low chance to find a Gun-Lao key on Mogu mobs in Vale of Eternal Blossoms. If you do, go to the Gun-Lao Ruins and open a cache there. You will get bonus Lesser Charms of Good Fortune and Golden Lotus rep tokens. Lesser Charms are convertable into Good Charms. The Good Charm cap in the currency section is 10.
Old 2012-08-15, 10:44   Link #7767
Destined_Fate

They're really going all out on all those optional activities, guess they didn't eant to repeat Cataclysm.

As a Hunter I'm not liking the thought of a Cheevo to kill rare animals if they're tameable.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-15, 11:01   Link #7768
Westlo
Lets be reality

MOP is really shaping up nicely, lol @ stupid trolls going with the Kung Fu Panda lines still, ignoring that Pandaren were way before that movie.. it's just dumb with how much content is being put into this game. This is as far as you can get from Cata...
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-15, 11:15   Link #7769
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
They're really going all out on all those optional activities, guess they didn't eant to repeat Cataclysm.

As a Hunter I'm not liking the thought of a Cheevo to kill rare animals if they're tameable.
The rares are all humanoids. None are tameable.
Old 2012-08-15, 11:34   Link #7770
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
The rares are all humanoids. None are tameable.
Well hopefully they add in some beast rares with special properties again. I had a lot of fun messing around on my hunter trying to get all the Firelands ones.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-15, 11:48   Link #7771
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

What is odd, I've been able to play in the Beta for a while not, but only played for a few days and stopped. I've not played WoW itself since November but have that year long contract, so I'm still paying (got Diablo III "free")

I've just haven't been in the mood to play games. I've been like that for a year or two now. I don't know if it was a result of guild stuff going on in CATA, the seeming serious reduction in dps my warlock was getting in heroics and raids, or maybe just me not wanting to play for some reason.
Old 2012-08-16, 03:06   Link #7772
Kyouka
Is Here

anyone here getting glad on the 28th?
im going to end up with Duelist on my main dk
and maybe Duelist if not ill get Rival on my alt dk
and Challenger on my shaman toon =D
Kyouka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-16, 07:25   Link #7773
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

I definitely like most of what I see with this expansion but I just can't get over the fear that they will end up nerfing a lot of what looks interesting after a month or two because of complaining or non-game-breaking minor imbalances, as has been the recent trend I've seen with Blizzard. (Nerfed pet battle system because people complain that someone else has Rare Pet X and they don't, or because Pet Y is slightly better than Pet Z at doing the same thing; nerfed challenge modes because people complain that they're too challenging, etc).
RWBladewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-16, 09:47   Link #7774
Xacual

Cinematic Trailer is out and as usual looks good.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-16, 10:11   Link #7775
Skane
Anime Snark

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
Cinematic Trailer is out and as usual looks good.

Spoiler for Tidiness:
Favourite moment was the Human passing his makeshift spear to the Orc.

"Truce?"
"Truce."

Heh.
Old 2012-08-16, 12:05   Link #7776
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Few more things I learnt today.

When you're about halfway to Tillers Reverred, the change to get a 2nd vote for Farmer Yoon to join the TIllers becomes available.

Crimson Lotus Reverred opens up the Sky Races. Racing around on your pet Dragon is fun. Although the daily quest race is bugged...

Skyshards look like random drops rather than specific mobs. Finally got one today.

There are seeds available to put on the plots in Sunsong Ranch to grow plants than give mats for Enchanting, Mining, Herbalism and to grow trees you then harvest and can plant in-game anywhere for 3 mins, 3 min cd.

90 Lesser Charm tokens allows you to turn them in for 3 Good Luck Charm tokens to use in raids for a chance for extra loot.

Golden Lotus rep is SLOW...don't get your hopes up for unlocking August Celestials or Shado-Pan dailies quickly.

Each Tiller farmer actually has a secret daily. They all have a specific cooked item they like to be gifted in a stack of 5. They are:

Gina Mudclaw - Swirling Mist Soup
Mogu the Drunk - Sauteed Carrots
Farmer Fung - Wildfowl Roast
Tina Mudclaw - Fire Spirit Salmon
Haohan Mudclaw - Charbroiled Tiger Steak
Fish Fellreed - Twin Fish Platter
Sho - Eternal Blossom Fish
Chee Chee - Valley Stir Fry
Olld Hillpaw - Roasted Turtle
Ella - Shrimp Dumplings

The daily only appears if you have a stack of 5 of them when you speak to the relevant Tiller.

When you get specific Tiller farmers to Exalted, they give you a gift in the mail. 3 different Tillers give you free seeds, most likely before you have the Tillers rep to buy them. A few give food items. A few give you novetly decorations for your farm (chickens, pigs, a yak, a cat, an orange tree), Sho gives you a Red Cricket pet.

Black Market AH has Tier 3 old school Naxx gear appear a lot. Lately also seen Season 12 PvP ilvl484 and ilvl509 PvE.

Sha of Hatred is the only ?? rare I have seen in any zone. Permanently up in Kun-Lai Summit. Part of a meta to kill all the Shas. 263 million health so would need a proper raid to kill.

I recommend not racing to level your professions as the best things on offer from vendors won't come until you hit Reverred with them and that takes a fair while. So save your gold unless you're sure you can get a server first FoS. My bags are half full with bolts of Windwool Cloth and another bag full of Enchanting mats. Mats are not hard to get hold of. Might be different for Herbalism/Mining.

Sounds like Warlocks and Death Knights are topping DPS at present. Warlocks are too powerful in PvP at present. Not many people are willing to PvP when a Warlock can 2-3 hit someone.
Old 2012-08-16, 12:12   Link #7777
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
Favourite moment was the Human passing his makeshift spear to the Orc.

"Truce?"
"Truce."

Heh.
Hahaha that was a great trailer, perhaps i've been judging WoW's evolution a little too harshly because of the community.
Old 2012-08-16, 13:30   Link #7778
Kyouka
Is Here

best part about new blizzard games?
new blizzard cinematics
Kyouka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-16, 16:09   Link #7779
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

In game terms, that looks like two warriors ungeared verses a geared monk.

In game, it looks like a human naval officer and an orc warrior verses a brewmaster. They are so boned.

The little things are what make this one though. Bits of humor and that old kung-fu film style nonsense (the placing the torch back into place and then adjusting it swiftly with his pole) followed by the no looking handing over a weapon to one's enemy to fight this monk and the monk smiling about it.

Also the mist effects and the fact that the scene gets brighter and clearer as the fight goes on.

Does make me wonder who's voicing the Pandaran narrator.
Old 2012-08-16, 18:13   Link #7780
Balzac
Assistant Professor

That's an awesome video. My fellow guild-mate quipped though, that the video was proof "that Blizzard favors ranged over melee. Mage/Hunter in there, and the monk'd have been toast." Makes sense to me - that's why I reset myself from my first character - a paladin - because having to get up close and personal took too long

Edit: Also, there should be no truce! Dwarves have long memories... and the Horde's atrocities will not go unpunished... [/end role play]

Tags
blizzard, game, mmorpg, online, warcraft, windows