AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2015-01-06, 11:19   Link #8961
GDB

Got another Pandaren on my Warrior, and Soulare on my Paladin. Feels like a waste of a week for everyone but my warrior due to getting bad races.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-06, 23:56   Link #8962
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

So those warlocks that are worried their damage was gimped with this expansion. Later on with more gear, you'll see a great increase in damage. I actually lost in dps meters in a random Skyreach to a Destro Lock. Surprised me a lot actually.
Old 2015-01-07, 00:11   Link #8963
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
So those warlocks that are worried their damage was gimped with this expansion. Later on with more gear, you'll see a great increase in damage. I actually lost in dps meters in a random Skyreach to a Destro Lock. Surprised me a lot actually.
It's all relative. Locks are still one of the lowest DPS compared to other DPS in the same itemization range.
It doesn't mean Locks can't hit higher numbers, of course. BIS Locks can hit 30-34k, but the same level BIS Warriors, Hunters, DKs, Mages, can reach 35k+

They're just not as low as Rogues, which hit like wet towels right now.
Old 2015-01-07, 00:32   Link #8964
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

What is good for Destro Locks these days anyway? I was thinking Crit and Mastery, but Multishot seems to keep showing up a lot on my gear.
Old 2015-01-07, 01:15   Link #8965
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Icy Veins seem to think Crit>Mastery>Multi, while Noxxic says Crit>Multi>Mastery.

I tend to trust IV more than Nox, but in general it seems Multi isn't too bad a choice.
Crit being the highest priority is without a question though.

EDIT: Hurray! We finally got a blue post response to the trap-stealing problem.
They will hotfix so elites can only be trapped by tapped player, and also will increase spawn rates of the elites.

Last edited by aohige; 2015-01-07 at 04:27.
aohige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-07, 09:39   Link #8966
GDB

Yeah, don't trust Noxxic. IcyVeins is done by high end players using a combination of real world data, sims, and parses. Noxxic just uses sims.

And that's awesome on the traps. Time to finally build some barns, I guess.
Old 2015-01-07, 09:44   Link #8967
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

About freaking time...might start using my Barns again since I was losing so much ime to people intentionally stealing anything they could.
Old 2015-01-07, 10:55   Link #8968
Awrya
U mad?

So they will hotfix it, which means the hotfix is not yet live?

Any changes on the damage/health of those elites? While I can slowly kite the Clefthoofs, the Direwolfs are too strong for my rogue. Guess I will have to farm fur off mobs instead of using the barn.

Anyone encountered the problem that when Direwolfs are kited for too long, they reset?

Edit:
Just saw a blue post in the US forum, posted twelve hours ago.
He mentioned that people will need tap credit on the creature, does he mean only the player that first damaged the beast gets to trap it or is it anyone who has done at least 1 HP damage to it gains tap credit?
Old 2015-01-07, 11:53   Link #8969
GDB

Unless they change how elites are tapped to be more like world bosses, you'd have to be the initial damager or part of their group to be considered tapped.

*edit*

That feeling when you get a Highmaul Mission, complete it, and then get a worthless piece (either due to missing Bonus Armor/Spirit, already having it, or having better due to Warforging etc). That's both my Paladin and Warrior this week who got worthless pieces (neck for paladin that lacks spirit + already having a warforged piece, and back lacking bonus armor + already having the one that has bonus armor).

Damnit, Blizzard. Make this shit more intuitive. No bonus armor, at the very least, means it's worse than even stuff 30 ilvls lower.

Last edited by GDB; 2015-01-07 at 16:46.
Old 2015-01-07, 20:25   Link #8970
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

So, do trinkets received from follower missions always become the exact same thing depending on spec or am I just really unlucky? I have had 3 630 and now 2 645 ones become the same items with nothing different in between, and they are always unique-equipped so the extras are totally useless. That second epic trinket would have been very nice as an offspec item instead of the DE fodder it has now become...
RWBladewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-07, 21:01   Link #8971
GDB

Yep, always the same depending on spec. They have a chance to roll warforged, get a socket, or gain tertiary stats, but it's always the same.
Old 2015-01-08, 00:59   Link #8972
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Yeah I kind of need a second good trinket. I've gotten the same one twice, just one was warforged while the other had a socket. I'm still running around with an empty crawdad box I got off Mr. Pinchy, Sr.
Old 2015-01-08, 02:35   Link #8973
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWBladewing View Post
So, do trinkets received from follower missions always become the exact same thing depending on spec or am I just really unlucky? I have had 3 630 and now 2 645 ones become the same items with nothing different in between, and they are always unique-equipped so the extras are totally useless. That second epic trinket would have been very nice as an offspec item instead of the DE fodder it has now become...
Trinkets received from missions that are ilvl 615, 630, 645 are preset on your spec and will always be the same.
Old 2015-01-08, 03:51   Link #8974
Mentar
Banned

I do wonder though if there is an increased chance to roll warforged/socket once you have the vanilla original in possession. At least, around 50% of my items I received for the second time were upgraded. But I never received a warforged/socketed item right off the bat for the first time.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-08, 06:18   Link #8975
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

I got a socketed item the first time from the followers. The warforged with the second time (I had to use the later one for the item leve even though the socket was a better use of crit and mastery) - I was using old gems and even the +10/+10 was better than the +4 upgrade in it being warforged.
Old 2015-01-08, 07:41   Link #8976
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Since I hit 100 and finally did all the HC 5 mans...

I am the only left wondering why their difficult varies so wildly yet give same rewards?

Notably Blackrock and Grimrail feeling at least twice as hard as any of the other HC dungeons .
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-08, 08:08   Link #8977
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

Well, they definitely know, as Grimrail is confirmed to be nerfed in the next update. The turret boss is still my favorite from the whole expansion, though I didn't have to heal it so my perspective is probably skewed.
RWBladewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-08, 08:26   Link #8978
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Any news on when the Blood Elf Patch will be?
Old 2015-01-08, 08:34   Link #8979
Awrya
U mad?

Turret boss Depot is the hardest boss in Grimrail, the endboss is more like tank & spank with minimal movement.
Old 2015-01-08, 09:11   Link #8980
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
Any news on when the Blood Elf Patch will be?
Some time between February and April.

Tags
blizzard, game, mmorpg, online, warcraft, windows