AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2010-01-22, 20:45   Link #22461
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Okay, now for that scene I mentioned, so people have a personality to build off of for Alavon's challenge, if they want. Posting it just to give an early glimpse of Amy's kids. Reminder that the official chapter won't be coming out for awhile.^^

Spoiler for First scene from "Life (part 1)":

Besides these scenes, they may have a few other cameos, and may play roles in G-Squad, but they'll be starring alongside Vivio in the Next Generation-type fic I'm plotting.

Edit: Page claim for magical twins?

Last edited by Kaijo; 2010-01-22 at 20:56.
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-22, 21:31   Link #22462
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_Tom View Post
Someone mentioned that a nice challenge to the thread might help it pick back up, since it's been pretty quiet lately. So I thought of something(YaY! I'm contributing...kind of) that could potentially lead to some good fics, just one line but the possibilities are endless(well almost):

"But weren't you in love with her?"

Hopefully someone will actually do it...
A response to this prompt, because it inspired me almost from the minute I read it. Also, breaking the long string of Vivio angst here and bringing in some Lutecia angst!

Spoiler for It Only Hurts:

Obviously AU from my ViCia series, assuming that "Never Confessed" didn't happen and after three years, Vivio got tired of waiting.
Old 2010-01-22, 23:21   Link #22463
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Nanya01
Well, here's a small drabble...

Spoiler for Bored Cyborgs are bored:

TECHNICALLY, it's part of something else, but I thought I could post it here without problem.

My fics Due to certain things, I am not here, find me over on TFF.
Nanya01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-22, 23:22   Link #22464
Thunderbird
IS: Liar's Mask
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
A response to this prompt, because it inspired me almost from the minute I read it. Also, breaking the long string of Vivio angst here and bringing in some Lutecia angst!

Obviously AU from my ViCia series, assuming that "Never Confessed" didn't happen and after three years, Vivio got tired of waiting.
Expect nothing but the best from the Angst addict. Had it been any less we would have probably disowned your banner Harem Mistress (I'm kidding! )

@DC Yeah we stood no chance lolz

Thunderbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-23, 00:07   Link #22465
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Send a message via AIM to 00-Raiser
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanya01 View Post

TECHNICALLY, it's part of something else, but I thought I could post it here without problem.
Haha. Should have brought an umbrella, eh girls?

So I've gone and posted the next part of The Location of Happiness to FF.net, along with One Step Behind. I do think I'll write another fic with an actual Vivio/Yuuno ending, though, if anyone is interested.
Old 2010-01-23, 01:10   Link #22466
Tabasco

Quote:

Ow. When you go for angst, you go for angst.

I liked the line about 'the Fate to her Nanoha' for some reason.

Quote:

Someone needs to introduce those two to Mythbusters.

On second thought, though...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaijo View Post
Okay, now for that scene I mentioned, so people have a personality to build off of for Alavon's challenge, if they want. Posting it just to give an early glimpse of Amy's kids. Reminder that the official chapter won't be coming out for awhile.^^

Besides these scenes, they may have a few other cameos, and may play roles in G-Squad, but they'll be starring alongside Vivio in the Next Generation-type fic I'm plotting.

All it need is for Karel to form a crush on Vivio, and her misery is complete!

I could see a lot of potential for these two actually. The Nanohaverse clearly need more idealistic crazies now that the Aces are all grown up.
Tabasco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-23, 01:15   Link #22467
deathcurse
Queen of Tragedy

Location: Place of rocks and trees, and trees and rocks...and water.
Quote:

........and now insert "Sunset" here !

Although I'm imagining a conversation between Einheart and Lutecia about Vivio sometime after this...... And also getting serious Yuuno, Fate and Nanoha parallels, in that order !

Great job, RB, throwing in some Lutecia-angst

Quote:

I've seen this for real, it's pretty awesomely terrifying . Nice work, Nanya.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderbird View Post
Expect nothing but the best from the Angst addict. Had it been any less we would have probably disowned your banner Harem Mistress (I'm kidding! )

@DC Yeah we stood no chance lolz
*whip cracks*
deathcurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-23, 12:22   Link #22468
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabasco View Post
All it need is for Karel to form a crush on Vivio, and her misery is complete!

I could see a lot of potential for these two actually. The Nanohaverse clearly need more idealistic crazies now that the Aces are all grown up.
That's what I was hoping for. I'm just a bit sad it'll be awhile before I get to the series where I'll really develop them. Although I haven't quite decided whether he'll form an open crush on her, or just secretly like her and deny it. Vivio, though, will secretly begin to like him and deny it.

Anyway, rewrites of Heritage are up on ff.net, for those who want to read the Director's Cut version.

Last note, with my next fic, I find myself in a quandary, so I'll take the Satashi approach. "Take Me Out to the Ball Game" has some focus on Teana/Subaru. Now, I can't decide whether to pair them off, or leave them as the best friend duo they are. Either way would be interesting to write. So, I'll put it to a vote:

A: Teana realizes she does have feelings for Subaru and was majorly repressing for a few reasons

B: Teana is straight, but still cares for Subaru, who does a Tomoyo "I'm fine with the way things are, and I just want her to be happy" approach.

Feel free to respond here, or via PMs, and include any extra reasoning you want. You have a few days, but not longer than a week, before I tally them up and modify the fic accordingly.^^

Last edited by Kaijo; 2010-01-23 at 13:47. Reason: changing color to not confuse with Satashi's polls
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-23, 12:38   Link #22469
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

It should come as no surprise that I'll choose B.

So you know those incomprehensible reviews we get sometimes? Well, one was just left on my Steps story.

Spoiler for From karura:

Horrifc grammar and spelling aside, I get the message... I think
Old 2010-01-23, 12:55   Link #22470
Mae
Lurker

Send a message via AIM to Mae Send a message via MSN to Mae
I want A, because I love tsundere emotion surpressing! <3 ... and TeaSubaru
Mae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-23, 13:09   Link #22471
DezoPenguin
Beta by Accident
*Author

Quote:

Angst! Angst! I really like the last line, for some reason. I think it's the ambiguity of it. You don't know if Lutecia is questioning her feelings, ("Did I ever really love her, or did I only idealize what she represented?"), questioning Caro's verb tense ("No, I wasn't in love with her, I am in love with her?"), or just screwing with Caro's head. Good stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabasco View Post
Ow. When you go for angst, you go for angst.

I liked the line about 'the Fate to her Nanoha' for some reason.
Angsty Harem Mistress is angsty!

Quote:
Someone needs to introduce those two to Mythbusters.

On second thought, though...
You know...that is one of the better crack-fic ideas of the last six months or so! The Nakajima Four do Mythbusters (I figure all four, because you need Wendi for the goofy Tori or Adam role. )!

Spoiler for Introduction (partial):

Quote:

Last note, with my next fic, I find myself in a quandary, so I'll take the Satashi approach. "Take Me Out to the Ball Game" has some focus on Teana/Subaru. Now, I can't decide whether to pair them off, or leave them as the best friend duo they are. Either way would be interesting to write. So, I'll put it to a vote:

A: Teana realizes she does have feelings for Subaru and was majorly repressing for a few reasons

B: Teana is straight, but still cares for Subaru, who does a Tomoyo "I'm fine with the way things are, and I just want her to be happy" approach.

Feel free to respond here, or via PMs, and include any extra reasoning you want. You have a few days, but not longer than a week, before I tally them up and modify the fic accordingly.^^
Given the massive amount of yuri fic I spew out, I shall surprise...nobody who actually knows me and vote B. I don't know...Tea just feels straight to me, I guess.

DezoPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-23, 13:39   Link #22472
Majestic Flame
Maniac with a Chainsaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00-Raiser View Post
It should come as no surprise that I'll choose B.

So you know those incomprehensible reviews we get sometimes? Well, one was just left on my Steps story.

Spoiler for From karura:

Horrifc grammar and spelling aside, I get the message... I think

I have no clue what that person was talking about. Well maybe I have a vague idea of what they mean. A very, very vague idea.
It's writing like this that make me doubt the education system.
---
Also to make it even I'm gonna go for A

Last edited by Majestic Flame; 2010-01-23 at 13:51.
Majestic Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-23, 13:50   Link #22473
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

@00-Raiser: So, basically, the reviewer is one of those who believes the Nanoha series is about as straight as Subaru, but he's taken notice of your preference for heterosexual pairings without knowing about the one fic you wrote (which I'm sure you know what I'm referring to). He's just suggesting you put your effort into anime fics where it'd be more appreciated.

Personally I'd ignore him. I recognize the name of the reviewer--I believe he's one of the guys who flamed Nanya and RB for the Relationships series.
Old 2010-01-23, 13:56   Link #22474
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by DezoPenguin View Post
Angst! Angst! I really like the last line, for some reason. I think it's the ambiguity of it. You don't know if Lutecia is questioning her feelings, ("Did I ever really love her, or did I only idealize what she represented?"), questioning Caro's verb tense ("No, I wasn't in love with her, I am in love with her?"), or just screwing with Caro's head. Good stuff.
Now I'm tempted to do a follow-up where Vivio is discussing her budding relationship with Ein, talking to Corona and Lio who have.... reservations about it. Oh man, the temptations.... how I missed this awesome feeling of wanting to write more.

Quote:
Angsty Harem Mistress is angsty!
Damn straight!

@Kaijo: Being the major angst addict that I am, my vote goes to A. Lots of angst, and hey, I like Subaru/Teana.
Old 2010-01-23, 13:59   Link #22475
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
@00-Raiser: So, basically, the reviewer is one of those who believes the Nanoha series is about as straight as Subaru, but he's taken notice of your preference for heterosexual pairings without knowing about the one fic you wrote (which I'm sure you know what I'm referring to). He's just suggesting you put your effort into anime fics where it'd be more appreciated.

Personally I'd ignore him. I recognize the name of the reviewer--I believe he's one of the guys who flamed Nanya and RB for the Relationships series.
It's just amusing that some one who can't even string two words together thinks they can tell me what to write

But it is true that I've been far more successful in other fandoms. My Setsuna/Feldt stuff in the Gundam 00 section was a huge hit, and even my old Bleach fics are still quite popular today. I've considered focusing more on my 00 stuff, but my desires have been to focus on Nanoha, which is what I'm doing. So you guys will be stuck with me for looooong time
Old 2010-01-23, 13:59   Link #22476
DezoPenguin
Beta by Accident
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majestic Flame View Post

I have no clue what that person was talking about. Well maybe I have a vague idea of what they mean. A very, very vague idea.
It's writing like this that make me doubt the education system.
Seriously, the constant misuse of "history" when people mean "story" is getting to be a real pet peeve of mine. I notice it a lot lately, and have no idea where the error is coming from. Not that correcting spelling, grammar, and word usage would do much for that reviewer, considering the underlying message...
Old 2010-01-23, 14:04   Link #22477
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Quote:

Okay, now I'm all for Karel/Vivio if only because it would be so utterly perfect. XD I imagine this isn't a stage Karel will ever grow out of, even if Liera calms herself down, and hey, Vivio is mature enough to pull him back!

Favorite line --> "Mom, Karel is trying to set the dolls on fire again!" "They're action figures!" How many times I got into that argument with my sister I have no idea....
Old 2010-01-23, 14:05   Link #22478
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00-Raiser View Post
It's just amusing that some one who can't even string two words together thinks they can tell me what to write

But it is true that I've been far more successful in other fandoms. My Setsuna/Feldt stuff in the Gundam 00 section was a huge hit, and even my old Bleach fics are still quite popular today. I've considered focusing more on my 00 stuff, but my desires have been to focus on Nanoha, which is what I'm doing. So you guys will be stuck with me for looooong time
Well, its only natural that other fandoms you write for garner more responses. Simply, its not that your writing is disliked in Nanoha, its just that Bleach and Gundam have a far bigger fanbase than Nanoha. That and Setsuna/Feldt is the latest trend in Gundam 00, regardless of most issues people have with it.
Old 2010-01-23, 14:11   Link #22479
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

That also and the fact that you mainly write hetero pairings in a fandom that's largely more interested in yuri. Which in itself isn't a bad thing, but it's the truth. This isn't an insult, I swear.
Old 2010-01-23, 14:25   Link #22480
DezoPenguin
Beta by Accident
*Author

Quote:
That also and the fact that you mainly write hetero pairings in a fandom that's largely more interested in yuri. Which in itself isn't a bad thing, but it's the truth. This isn't an insult, I swear.
It does trim a large chunk off of the potential audience. After all, idiots aside, there are a number of perfectly decent people who come to the Nanoha fic section to read yuri, and when they see something isn't it, simply avoid it rather than complaining about it. (The irony here is, it's the idiots who actually add to the hit count, because they're the ones who read the story and then complain incoherently instead of just avoiding it). Basically, it's a demographics question. Thankfully, since Raiser's writing for the fun of it and isn't getting paid no matter how popular or unpopular a story is, he can just write what he likes without threat of network cancellation.

Tags
authorshipping, befriending, fanfiction, interactive fanfiction, nanoha