AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2008-02-21, 12:35   Link #1461
krisslanza
Sleep beneath the flowers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam the Onion View Post
I like Rune much more when she isn't stealing Fate's first kisses

Very tight start for the story and introduction for the characters. I'll be sure to read more of this

Aw come on that wasn't THAT bad was it? I still need to iron out how they became friends but I assure you, it won't involve stealing kisses. ... Maybe Hershey Kisses.

'Tight start'? Not familiar with that phrase... Although it pleases me that people like it. I'm nearly certain I have self-esteem issues since I got back my essay today in class that I thought was utter trash and got a 77% on it (Would've been 87% but I didn't do my outline... ) for some reason my self-esteem with writing is HORRIBLE.

EDIT:
PAGE CLAIM!? How long has it been since that happened!?
Old 2008-02-21, 13:01   Link #1462
Sam the Onion
Fading in-between

Quote:
Originally Posted by krisslanza View Post

Aw come on that wasn't THAT bad was it? I still need to iron out how they became friends but I assure you, it won't involve stealing kisses. ... Maybe Hershey Kisses.
Actually it was pretty interesting, but the first kiss permission is for Nanoha only

Drunk at parties is

Quote:
'Tight start'? Not familiar with that phrase... Although it pleases me that people like it.
Tight as in well packed. Wait let me slap my perverted mind...

Another try.

Tight as in well paced for plot movement. Not much excess stuff. That shortie was only about 2k words or so and you already managed to give a fairly good idea on the plot.

Quote:
I'm nearly certain I have self-esteem issues since I got back my essay today in class that I thought was utter trash and got a 77% on it (Would've been 87% but I didn't do my outline... ) for some reason my self-esteem with writing is HORRIBLE.

I write 90% essays but because I don't know how my motherlanguage works they drop to 60%

I'm about thrice as good in English as I'm in Finnish

Quote:
EDIT:
PAGE CLAIM!? How long has it been since that happened!?
If it makes you feel any better, I've had none yet

Edit: Dadaan! Finished writing my fic. Completion word amount 105k. After proofreading and small editing I'll start posting it. Expect a teaser around saturday

Last edited by Sam the Onion; 2008-02-21 at 13:23.
Sam the Onion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-21, 13:22   Link #1463
krisslanza

Quote:
Actually it was pretty interesting, but the first kiss permission is for Nanoha only

Drunk at parties is
Ah I see
I always thought it was kind of a lame way they met in hindsight but... Maybe thats just my self-esteem talking

Quote:
Tight as in well packed. Wait let me slap my perverted mind...

Another try.

Tight as in well paced for plot movement. Not much excess stuff. That shortie was only about 2k words or so and you already managed to give a fairly good idea on the plot.

Really? Well thanks. Its only really so short because I write all this stuff in hand so once things start getting around 2000-ish words I start losing ideas since I can't put my ideas on paper as fast as I think them up. But nice to know that even though its short it got the point across.

Quote:

I write 90% essays but because I don't know how my motherlanguage works they drop to 60%

I'm about thrice as better in English than I'm in Finnish
All my essays last year were 90%+ and it took me like 10 minutes to do them.
I have a knack for doing a essay in hardly any time and getting passing grades on them...

Quote:
If it makes you feel any better, I've had none yet

Now then offhand... How would anyone feel about some AnimeSuki-exclusive Arc-en-Ciel related oneshots? Like maybe a oneshot of Rune and Aegina duel or a Rune and Signum spar or... Well something related to Arc-en-Ciel.

I'll also say offhand I did get another page in of SoL and I think I might be able to finish it in time for uploading tomorrow, or failing that Monday.
I'll only spoil one thing: You get to see Signum!
Old 2008-02-21, 13:37   Link #1464
SpaceBrotha
Wild card

Quote:

I'm about thrice as good in English as I'm in Finnish
my percentage is about the same as yours really...
But I'd say that's because our language is fiendishly hard even on a good day, impossible on a bad one...
Finnish words are like chaos spawns in warhammer, the base of the word usually stays the same, but every other part can come in any size and shape imaginable.
Sayings and quotes hold wisdom in them. Either the wisdom is found in the correctness of the quote, or in the lesson learned from the error.
Hard part is figuring out who's making the errors...
SpaceBrotha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-21, 13:45   Link #1465
Sam the Onion
Fading in-between

Quote:
Ah I see
I always thought it was kind of a lame way they met in hindsight but... Maybe thats just my self-esteem talking
Atleast it doesn't happen often enough to be consired common and dull

Gave a good impression on Rune's personality as well

Quote:

Really? Well thanks. Its only really so short because I write all this stuff in hand so once things start getting around 2000-ish words I start losing ideas since I can't put my ideas on paper as fast as I think them up. But nice to know that even though its short it got the point across.
I got same proplem althought I remember all my ideas

The plot line of book two and three are already in my mind, but I'm struggling to find time to write them down

Quote:
All my essays last year were 90%+ and it took me like 10 minutes to do them.
I have a knack for doing a essay in hardly any time and getting passing grades on them...
Passing grades are no proplem but when I see 'Are you sure you're not a adopted from overseas?' in my gymnasium essays, it really makes me wonder
I'm serious about that note
Quote:
Now then offhand... How would anyone feel about some AnimeSuki-exclusive Arc-en-Ciel related oneshots? Like maybe a oneshot of Rune and Aegina duel or a Rune and Signum spar or... Well something related to Arc-en-Ciel.

I'll also say offhand I did get another page in of SoL and I think I might be able to finish it in time for uploading tomorrow, or failing that Monday.
Shorties are always welcome

Edit:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceBrotha View Post
my percentage is about the same as yours really...
But I'd say that's because our language is fiendishly hard even on a good day, impossible on a bad one...
Finnish words are like chaos spawns in warhammer, the base of the word usually stays the same, but every other part can come in any size and shape imaginable.
Well, we're ranked in the top 5 of the hardest language on Earth

Why do our teachers think that we would know it any better?
Old 2008-02-21, 16:20   Link #1466
ghazghkull
The Dang-meister

Send a message via MSN to ghazghkull Send a message via Yahoo to ghazghkull
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkedcat View Post
That is just so.... wrong. at least Nanoha knows how to suppress herself. Fates just a living source of embarrassment. Then again the class might not be snickering when they find out the other side of Vivivo's mothers...

Meanwhile back at the Vivio Hiding Hole digging operatation.

*Pops head out of hole.* Ma'am! We've hit the bedrock. SpaceBrotha... Bring in the drill.
*Watches Junkedcat and SpaceBrotha digging the hole*

Better yet, why not use these? *Tosses a couple sticks of dynamite*

As for the story...Wow...what a way to embarrass your own daughter...my word LOL XD
ghazghkull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-21, 17:10   Link #1467
Gillian
sitting on NxF bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satashi View Post
Poor, poor Vivio.....

Parent's Day, part II!

Spoiler for Part twoooooooooooo:
I'm so happy, we have no parents day
or such a parents day^^

But I wonder, every night? I cannot agree with that
Fate and Nanoha are called the bunny couple for nothing

Quote:
Edit: Dadaan! Finished writing my fic. Completion word amount 105k. After proofreading and small editing I'll start posting it. Expect a teaser around saturday
I'm looking forward to read it, maybe you could tell me something about it*I think, I forget what you have said before *
otherwise I will wait for the teaser

Quote:

I think it's really good and I'm looking forward to chapter 3*hopefully arisa takes also part*

Quote:
Edit:Well, we're ranked in the top 5 of the hardest language on Earth

Why do our teachers think that we would know it any better?
*offtopic*very funny

everybody in my country says, that people in Finnland are the best and have the best education ;D

on top of the list, I think, is German
*/offtopic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghazghkull View Post
*Watches Junkedcat and SpaceBrotha digging the hole*

Better yet, why not use these? *Tosses a couple sticks of dynamite*
*throws a first-aid box down*
hope you can use it
Gillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-21, 17:25   Link #1468
Sam the Onion
Fading in-between

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gillian View Post
I'm looking forward to read it, maybe you could tell me something about it*I think, I forget what you have said before *
otherwise I will wait for the teaser
Lets just say that this is an introduction to the AU

No worries though. I tried to keep it very close to canon

Quote:
*offtopic*very funny

everybody in my country says, that people in Finnland are the best and have the best education ;D
Statisticly we have the best education in the world but that doesn't mean that our language couldn't be so ustratingly difficult
Old 2008-02-21, 18:22   Link #1469
Gillian
sitting on NxF bench

Quote:
Lets just say that this is an introduction to the AU

No worries though. I tried to keep it very close to canon
thx for the info

Quote:
Statisticly we have the best education in the world but that doesn't mean that our language couldn't be so ustratingly difficult
I think we both agree with english is easier
Gillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-21, 20:46   Link #1470
ghazghkull
The Dang-meister

Hmm...I'm a little sad...I didn't get as much opinion from the active posters as I had hoped on my recent one-shot. Oh well, I guess it can't be helped.

*Goes off to do other things*
Old 2008-02-21, 23:57   Link #1471
Krinen
"Kirnen"

Send a message via MSN to Krinen Send a message via Yahoo to Krinen
Quote:

Hmm...I'm a little sad...I didn't get as much opinion from the active posters as I had hoped on my recent one-shot. Oh well, I guess it can't be helped.

*Goes off to do other things*
*headslap*
I KNEW I forgot to do something!

*ahem* Short, late, but still here, Review:

I gotta say, I liked it. The meaning made me feel warm, and the entire atmosphere was loving. Though, I can't say I like the way it was written. Not that it was bad, no, quite the contrary. It just didn't feel right to me.

But I read it, along with some of your other one-shots at the same time, and I enjoyed them all. Definitely look forward to more opinions from me. =3

(That's right. Opinions. Not Reviews. Heaven forbid I'm articulated enough to post tactfully.)
Krinen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-22, 00:10   Link #1472
ghazghkull
The Dang-meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krinen View Post
*headslap*
I KNEW I forgot to do something!

*ahem* Short, late, but still here, Review:

I gotta say, I liked it. The meaning made me feel warm, and the entire atmosphere was loving. Though, I can't say I like the way it was written. Not that it was bad, no, quite the contrary. It just didn't feel right to me.

But I read it, along with some of your other one-shots at the same time, and I enjoyed them all. Definitely look forward to more opinions from me. =3

(That's right. Opinions. Not Reviews. Heaven forbid I'm articulated enough to post tactfully.)
LOL XD

Tactfully eh? I'm guessing that if you feel that a certain fic needs your fully attention, you'll rip it asunder with every blunder the writer has made or something? XD

BTW Your head of Fate is cute :P :3
Old 2008-02-22, 00:19   Link #1473
Kagerou
"Begin, the operation!"
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Kagerou
I HAVE A DRILL!

MY DRILL... MY DRILL IS... THE DRILL THAT WILL PIERCE- *kicked*

Satashi-nyan: Back to the OC with you.
Old 2008-02-22, 00:29   Link #1474
Krinen
"Kirnen"

Send a message via MSN to Krinen Send a message via Yahoo to Krinen
Quote:
LOL XD

Tactfully eh? I'm guessing that if you feel that a certain fic needs your fully attention, you'll rip it asunder with every blunder the writer has made or something? XD

BTW Your head of Fate is cute :P :3
Thank you. And yea. I end up being.... SO much more rude then I'd planned. Putting down the author and the fic with every error possible. Becoming a complete arse when I'm not and don't want to be.
Krinen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-22, 03:39   Link #1475
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagerou View Post
I HAVE A DRILL!

Anita: What's gotten into him?

Kha: Beats me...

Old 2008-02-22, 10:43   Link #1476
Tsuzumiya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satashi View Post
Poor, poor Vivio.....

Parent's Day, part II!

Spoiler for Part twoooooooooooo:

I lol'd on this one!
Poor Vivio indeed.
Tsuzumiya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-22, 11:05   Link #1477
Satashi
Vividly Vivio
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Satashi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagerou View Post
I HAVE A DRILL!

Back to the OC?

Fate: Californiiiiiiaaaaaaaaa! Here we coooooomeeeeeee!

Spoiler for THE OC THEME SONG!:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsuzumiya View Post
I lol'd on this one!
Poor Vivio indeed.
^^ Glad you liked

@ghazghkull:Syn...syn... don't know what's going on, why Vivio needs bed for Syn... so I stopped reading after the name came up a few times. >.<

Last edited by Satashi; 2008-02-22 at 11:15.
Satashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-22, 11:26   Link #1478
krisslanza

Isn't Syn that OC Keroko made I believe? In a simple term if Vivio were Nanoha, Syn is Fate. That kind of relationship.

I think.
Old 2008-02-22, 13:23   Link #1479
Satashi
Vividly Vivio
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Satashi
Taking a small break from Vivio, I present to you....

Tia/Subaru!

Tia's POV

It was something I never thought of, something that I had always taken for granted. She was next to me since the day we met, always an annoyance, always too loud, always making me angry. So why was it now that I felt so alone? Why did I miss her? Why did I long for that annoying laugh to wake me up each morning?

Fate told me it was natural to miss someone you care about... but this was something else. I missed more than just my friend... I missed her. I wanted her to laugh, I wanted her to smile, I wanted her to say my name. How do you handle it, Fate? How do you get by each day without Nanoha next to you? You love her don't you? So why am I oing crazy right now while you are so calm?

A special feeling? Is that it? How can you expect me to understand? You may have that connection with her, but I don't have it with mine. Hell , why would I even want it? there's no reason for it. There's no need for it. There's no...

Why do I miss you?

A screen appeared in front of me as I laid on my bed, the name of the caller scrolling across it with a Yes/No accept button beneath it. My breath caught, my eyes widened. She called me? But the charges to make calls so far across the galxy are...

I hit the accept button.

"Tia." Subaru's voice and picture came to me.

"You idiot, you can't afford things like this!" I scolded her. "What do you want?"

She simply smiled. "I wanted to see you."

My heart skipped a beat. "Just for that...?"

"Mm! Just for that." Subaru was happy. "I only have two mintues to talk but... I hope you're doing okay."

"...Yeah." I reached up and touched the transpartent display on the air and held my hand there. To my surprise the blue haired girl did the same, almost as if they were touching. "Are you well?"

"Mm." The timer blinked on the screen. "I miss you." She does? "When you're back from your mission... please come look me up?"

"Yes," I promised before I knew it. "We'll get ice cream."

She laughed. "Okay!" the last seconds were ticking by. "Take care, Tia."

"Take care... Subaru."

She smiled at me one last time and the screen flashed off. My head sank back down into the pillow and after a few moments I closed my eyes. I hated bittersweet feelings. Damn you, Subaru.

I pulled the covers up to my shoulders and humphed. She better have time for a movie after ice cream.
Satashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-22, 13:38   Link #1480
krisslanza

Aaah very sweet Satashi-sama. Lovely as always.
I'm thinking of typing up a oneshot before I leave today... On what? Well thats a secret!

Tags
authorshipping, befriending, fanfiction, interactive fanfiction, nanoha