Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-04-07, 12:50   Link #41
Shinkouhyou
(#゚Д゚)

Quote:
Originally Posted by myopius View Post
They should easily have enough material for two seasons, but perhaps they thought it'd work better to wrap up with that amount of material. If it's going to be that short, though, it concerns me that they Gonzo will be tempted to create a filler ending to provide better closure... Then again, this is just the first episode, so it'd difficult to speculate exactly how the series will flow.
I'm guessing that the anime will cover up to the end of the 4th volume because that's a nice, fairly self-contained arc that includes all of the characters shown in the OP. But that will leave a lot of plot holes and unanswered questions...
Shinkouhyou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-08, 13:10   Link #42
zetsumei

Just watched the first episode, is was OK. It was pretty plain but the story seem interesting though.
zetsumei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-12, 17:55   Link #43
Kaijin
かいじん

Anyone watch episode 2 yet?
Old 2008-04-12, 18:24   Link #44
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
*raises hand*

I'm not too sure on this series now after this ep. Ep 1 felt like it had more of a direction compared to this one. This may also do to the fact that it was hard to understand what was going on with the place. I seriously need the subs for this one.

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-12, 19:11   Link #45
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

well this is a hard to under story
Old 2008-04-12, 19:50   Link #46
Kaijin
かいじん

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
well this is a hard to under story
Then I suppose I'll have to patiently wait for subs rather than attempt watching with my limited Japanese...
Old 2008-04-12, 23:44   Link #47
NakedAngelX

The show's alright, reminds me a lot of shounen omyouji.

Spoiler for Ep 2:
Old 2008-04-13, 00:01   Link #48
Niu
YOU FACTORING HECTOPASCAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by myopius View Post
Am I the only one here who's read(ing) the manga? ;_

[spoiler="Thoughts on the trailer--very minor spoilers"]The school scene is some sort of filler. I guess it does make sense that they want to provide some filler featuring Toki's school life, because at the start of the manga, he's already in the history museum.
I wouldn't say school life scenes are filler, at least they aren't in the manga. Real life events are getting very important later on. And I think anime shows the real life events earlier just to flesh out the plot flow better.
Spoiler:

Though, I kinda can't stand the art right now... maybe it is because the mange is too pretty, the anime art style just didn't live up to my expectation. Although the VA cast is really nice.
Niu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-13, 14:34   Link #49
Hedd
Random Object

It seems like this one isn't getting that much attention, I thought it looked good.
Old 2008-04-13, 14:53   Link #50
Kaijin
かいじん

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedd View Post
It seems like this one isn't getting that much attention, I thought it looked good.
It certainly looks good, but some of us will need subs to understand what's going on, so I assume once a sub comes out it'll get more attention...maybe...
Old 2008-04-13, 15:15   Link #51
Shinkouhyou
(#゚Д゚)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niu View Post
I wouldn't say school life scenes are filler, at least they aren't in the manga. Real life events are getting very important later on. And I think anime shows the real life events earlier just to flesh out the plot flow better.
Spoiler:

Though, I kinda can't stand the art right now... maybe it is because the mange is too pretty, the anime art style just didn't live up to my expectation. Although the VA cast is really nice.
The anime art really awful. Maybe Amatsuki is a little too dialogue-heavy to make an easy transition to anime (but it gives the voice cast a chance to shine. I can't wait for Suwabe as Bonten!)

Spoiler for re: manga:
Shinkouhyou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-15, 04:16   Link #52
cheesie
Dame Cheesie
*Graphic Designer

My eyes were practically popping at the exquisite piece of sexy blond manflesh I see in the OP... and you say the anime art is awful?!
cheesie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-15, 06:34   Link #53
Kaijin
かいじん

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisis View Post
My eyes were practically popping at the exquisite piece of sexy blond manflesh I see in the OP... and you say the anime art is awful?!
Yeah I don't get that people would think it's awful. Granted I've never seen the manga art aside from the covers and they are indeed very nicely drawn but that doesn't mean the animation is bad IMO. It may not be as good, but not bad. I personally think that is usually the case in manga vs anime. Example, I think the art in S.A. and Vampire Knight manga are better than their anime counterparts, but I certainly don't think it's bad.
Old 2008-04-15, 18:03   Link #54
Niu
YOU FACTORING HECTOPASCAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisis View Post
Yeah, compare to the manga at least. The texture, the coloring, it is just far worse.
Niu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-15, 23:11   Link #55
bbduece
Ultimate Coordinator

Is anyone groups subbing this series?

I dont understand japanese but the the 1st episode raw seem very interesting, cant wait to know what it was about.
bbduece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-16, 02:00   Link #56
Westlo
Lets be reality

Ureshii released episode 1, getting now.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-16, 02:13   Link #57
qtipbrit
Buddhajew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaijin View Post
Example, I think the art in S.A. and Vampire Knight manga are better than their anime counterparts, but I certainly don't think it's bad.
Well, Special A was Gonzo, and the art in Vampire Knight was unnaturally detailed, so those aren't great comparisons.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Ureshii released episode 1, getting now.
Thanks!

So what's this anime like so far before I watch the first episode?I
It's already decided that I'll watch it, I just want to know what to expect.
Something about the protagonist being taken to another workld or something correct?
Ehh.
qtipbrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-16, 06:04   Link #58
eipu

Finally the subs are out XD Can't wait to see it!
eipu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-16, 06:08   Link #59
juss
KANAME SENPAIIIIII!!!

This doesn't seem top be getting much attention but I actually though that, as far as first episodes go, it was pretty decent. Not an awful lot happens and there's no overtly sexualised content so that could account for it.....but it was a pleasant set up with plenty of future potential.
juss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-16, 06:22   Link #60
Kaijin
かいじん

URESHII!! Thanks!

Tags
historical, studio deen, supernatural