Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2008-09-21, 18:18   Link #12961
Tael
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
Huh, so much for all that arguing that Kallen wants to find out what the plan is and just wants to talk.

All she wants to do is fry him on the spot. Good thing CC stopped her from doing something so stupid.

Let's hope Suzaku fares better than CC (Both in combat and mentally).
Where did this come from? Kallen was ready to kill him but she sure took her sweet time to do it. We never even saw her attack him, she just shouts at him and then, for some utterly brilliant (or utterly stupid) reason C.C. fires missiles at her in the Avalon. I know it was dangerous and all, but missiles? How did Lelouch not die from the shrapnel or Kallen's defense?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And, someone, please tell me why Kallen found it necessary to find Lelouch in the dust after the aforementioned dangerous explosion and then zoom in on his face. Is she checking if his hair is OK for her to kill him? And why does she let him go? She can out run the Shinkurou like a hare against a tortoise. I highly doubt (and from what we saw was in fact the case) that the Pincelot could hold down or even contain the Guren. Kallen simply let Lelouch go to fight C.C. for Sunrise's merchandise line. This rears it head again with Suzaku. Why does she want to fight Suzaku? Just ignore him and crash land into the palace above and kill Lelouch if that was her ultimate desire.

If anything, either Sunrise wants to do a lot of merchandising, or Kallen has no real desire to fight/kill Lelouch (everyone else is fair game), or both.
Tael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-21, 18:19   Link #12962
Skellington2612
fighting swine flu

Quote:
Originally Posted by yvj View Post
Come on we don't have to sink into an angst pit do we?

What else do we really have to talk about that's og more importance anyway,
Donīt mind him. Iīm glad the mood is becoming brighter now... As I said since the end of the chapter broadcast or after I loved this episode... and I love Kallen more....

All Hail Kalulu!
Skellington2612 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-21, 18:21   Link #12963
crimmy88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaterasu Gate View Post
Good point. How's she gonna get past Suzaku?
Gino might play a role and help by keeping Suzaku busy
crimmy88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-21, 18:23   Link #12964
linkinstreet
[Your] clan on Steam

Send a message via MSN to linkinstreet Send a message via Yahoo to linkinstreet
lol. But I kinda understand C.C. at the time. She cannot stop Lelouch anymore, and yet in her heart she really wanted to. Thus when she sees Kallen wanting to stop Lelouch, she acknowledges that she might be the better person to do it.
Maturity? Maybe. Or maybe because Kallen is still young. Either way she gave him to Kallen because she knows both of them loved them but only one can really stop him.
Either way I an still hoping for a Kalulu ending.
And I DEMAND TO SEE THE KALULU EMPEROR. WHERE IS HE?
linkinstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-21, 18:24   Link #12965
Amaterasu Gate
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tael View Post
Where did this come from? Kallen was ready to kill him but she sure took her sweet time to do it. We never even saw her attack him, she just shouts at him and then, for some utterly brilliant (or utterly stupid) reason C.C. fires missiles at her in the Avalon. I know it was dangerous and all, but missiles? How did Lelouch not die from the shrapnel or Kallen's defense?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And, someone, please tell me why Kallen found it necessary to find Lelouch in the dust after the aforementioned dangerous explosion and then zoom in on his face. Is she checking if his hair is OK for her to kill him? And why does she let him go? She can out run the Shinkurou like a hare against a tortoise. I highly doubt (and from what we saw was in fact the case) that the Pincelot could hold down or even contain the Guren. Kallen simply let Lelouch go to fight C.C. for Sunrise's merchandise line. This rears it head again with Suzaku. Why does she want to fight Suzaku? Just ignore him and crash land into the palace above and kill Lelouch if that was her ultimate desire.

If anything, either Sunrise wants to do a lot of merchandising, or Kallen has no real desire to fight/kill Lelouch (everyone else is fair game), or both.
Or she just wants herself to be killed? Kallen has always been a battle maniac sort to speak and Suzaku has always been her prime target since the beginning, infact I firmly believe that this scene foreshadows something big next week:
Spoiler for pretentious?:
Amaterasu Gate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-21, 18:24   Link #12966
Arkard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunara View Post
It's sort of funny yet sad. First you give the Kiss of Farewll to the one you love and then the next thing you know is that you are going against with the intention of killing. But I guess that's what you call love in Code Geass.
Spoiler for Humor at a dark time:

<Sigh> so hard to study now and do work now... who wants to dress up as Kallen and hug me!
Arkard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-21, 18:24   Link #12967
roon
_(:q 」∠)_ _(ФωФ*」∠)_
*Artist

I dunno, the lyrics snippet I heard from the song didn't really scream romantic to me, with the exception of the "gazing" bit.

There could be a lot more to her song that will make or break whether it's about Lelouch or Naoto, so I'll just reserve that until the single comes out. I was just throwing that out there
roon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-21, 18:24   Link #12968
Tael
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimmy88 View Post
Gino might play a role and help by keeping Suzaku busy
With 1/3rd of the Tristan Twin? I find help from Santa Claus more likely than him doing much of anything.
Old 2008-09-21, 18:26   Link #12969
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Personally was just a bit surprised by Kallen in this one. Thought there was some kind of friendship between her and C.C., yet was pretty callous in this episode. Suppose the fact she didn't grab the pink Lancelot and annihilate it says something. Guess Kallen was still pretty pissed about dressing up as the bunny girl .
Old 2008-09-21, 18:26   Link #12970
Arkard

Quote:
And, someone, please tell me why Kallen found it necessary to find Lelouch in the dust after the aforementioned dangerous explosion and then zoom in on his face. Is she checking if his hair is OK for her to kill him? And why does she let him go?
Clearly she was checking to make sure her true love, Lelouch's hat, was okay. She let him go because she was in a panic when he threw the hat and ran away!
Old 2008-09-21, 18:28   Link #12971
dec4rhapsody
*frustrated*

Location: Glorious Fire Wall-Hmm, I hate my government more than you do.
Send a message via MSN to dec4rhapsody
Quote:

Seriously, Kallen should have fried Lelouch at spot.
But she didn't.
Merely for the sake of C.C. gumline.
ah, don't forget plot.
Lelouch shouldn't die so soon, much as I want it now~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkard View Post
Clearly she was checking to make sure her true love, Lelouch's hat, was okay. She let him go because she was in a panic when he threw the hat and ran away!
QUOTED FOR TRUTH
Imagine
カレン:死ねええええええええええ!ルルーーーーーーーシュううううううううううううう!
ルル:うわああああああああああああああああああああ
dec4rhapsody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-21, 18:30   Link #12972
Amaterasu Gate
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by roon View Post
I dunno, the lyrics snippet I heard from the song didn't really scream romantic to me, with the exception of the "gazing" bit.

There could be a lot more to her song that will make or break whether it's about Lelouch or Naoto, so I'll just reserve that until the single comes out. I was just throwing that out there
It leads towards Naoto in my opionion, don't let Lolipopo fangirlism make you think differently since she's putting faith in everything Kallen related over the actual written plot itself.
Old 2008-09-21, 18:31   Link #12973
Lolipopo
Srsly ?
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkard View Post
Finally someone who agrees with me. I always said that she kissed Lelouch during turn 22 because he was wearing the almighty hat. Now, we have our proof !

Linkinstreet :We don't know...we should plan for a coup d'état. It's not acceptable ! We already loose our Knight of variable, if the emperor is missing too...power to girls !

Hey, finally, Gino did something useful during this Turn...
Now, it's all Kallen's job...

Yeah Gate, it's about Naoto, and her gum line will be about CC and Kallen herself doesn't exist. She is a sort of joke to tell the truth.
Seriously...

Lolipopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-21, 18:33   Link #12974
dec4rhapsody
*frustrated*

Quote:
Originally Posted by roon View Post

So niichan is finally making his debut in Kallen-tan's angsty kokoro in R2?
Old 2008-09-21, 18:35   Link #12975
Arkard

Quote:
Originally Posted by dec4rhapsody View Post
Seriously, Kallen should have fried Lelouch at spot.
But she didn't.
Merely for the sake of C.C. gumline.
ah, don't forget plot.
Lelouch shouldn't die so soon, much as I want it now~
You know, the more I think about it, the less I think it was Lelouch's sudden death she was going for. It may have been her original intent, but given the massive firepower of the Guren, including it's wide range radiation wave and although we haven't seen her use it, I'm assuming her energy wing barrage, she clearly hesitated. As an ace pilot, she's getting shot at with missles and she doesn't start firing in hopes of nailing Lelouch in the small confined space of the Avalon hanger. Nor does she retaliate immediately against C.C. Instead she tries to track Lelouch with the Guren's sensors...
Old 2008-09-21, 18:38   Link #12976
Amaterasu Gate
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dec4rhapsody View Post
So niichan is finally making his debut in Kallen-tan's angsty kokoro in R2?
Kallen's song, though, would fit if you put "Naoto" in there. (Both the walk your path and live for you part.)
If she decides to walk a different path from Lelouch's, it'd make sense for her to seek Naoto's dreams by herself.

Last edited by monir; 2008-09-21 at 18:56.
Old 2008-09-21, 18:41   Link #12977
dec4rhapsody
*frustrated*

One last post before dashing off to class.
Could the reason Lelouche pushed Kallen away be lying in Episode 10?
Old 2008-09-21, 18:42   Link #12978
youngde
Unashamed Kalulu fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Personally was just a bit surprised by Kallen in this one. Thought there was some kind of friendship between her and C.C., yet was pretty callous in this episode. Suppose the fact she didn't grab the pink Lancelot and annihilate it says something. Guess Kallen was still pretty pissed about dressing up as the bunny girl .
Actually, other than the opening line, which sounded pretty hostile, I thought most of their conversation sounded alot the way they normally talk, if a little bit more tense. And (1), if she had really wanted to kill her, she would have radiation blasted C.C.'s ass. (2) I'm pretty sure that Kallen knows that C.C. is essentially immortal. I think it was implied in one of the drama CDs.
Old 2008-09-21, 18:43   Link #12979
Tael
Banned

Quote:
Kallen's song, though, would fit if you put "Naoto" in there. (Both the walk your path and live for you part.)
If she decides to walk a different path from Lelouch's, it'd make sense for her to seek Naoto's dreams by herself. .
Rather hard to see how that would work when she's currently on her brother's path, and has been the entire two seasons. She may be following Lelouch, but she's always been driven by her brother. Making that the focal point of her character song (along with living his part) seems rather... redundant? The lyrics imply that she is taking up a path, she can't take up a path she's already taken up. That makes no sense.

Last edited by monir; 2008-09-21 at 19:00.
Old 2008-09-21, 18:44   Link #12980
youngde
Unashamed Kalulu fan

Quote:
If she decides to walk a different path from Lelouch's, it'd make sense for her to seek Naoto's dreams by herself. Just throwing it out there for those who aren't completely delusional.
I thought of this, too. I just seems odd to me that her entire season would have been focused on Lelouch, and then have her song be about her brother, who was only mentioned briefly three times this season. Her last drama song focused on her loyalty (and love) for Zero, which was one of her defining features in the first season.