AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Old 2008-09-04, 15:55   Link #481
Nadeor
Asmodeus Saigo (>v<)/

Send a message via MSN to Nadeor
And then we'll have all the clues ready, it's up to us to solve it XD
Nadeor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-04, 20:59   Link #482
DaCyclops
Freshly Exiled Zero

Quote:
Originally Posted by d-one View Post
the forth one will be on the next comiket at Desember if there's no problem
That is what I was thinking. Which is why I thought "Umineko 4 might be released before Umineko 3 is fully translated"

I must admit, I found the Ep1 Tea Party to be the most horrifying part. Watching the character's discussing their own deaths, and in the end having Battler actually tell Beatrice to her face that she doesnt exist....
"The Meta... it hurts ussss......"

Odd thought about the Umineko/Higurashi relation. At one point in the story it actually references Higurashi inside, while at the end almost seems like a giant Higurashi continuation. So they both referenced it as a fake world within, and also as a same-world thing.... confusing, if you ask me.
DaCyclops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-05, 20:47   Link #483
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

This will piss off a lot of people... though I wonder if them being pissed off proves Klash's point
Spoiler for Announcement:

Last edited by Sterling01; 2008-09-05 at 20:51. Reason: Forgot my links
Sterling01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-05, 22:15   Link #484
k//eternal
do you know ベアトリーチェ様?

Would it be possible by any chance to get the scripts if you can show photographic evidence for having the game? (CD case, username on sheet of paper nearby, or something.) They do provide a quick way for people to dig for clues and are copy/pastable unlike the game itself. Although I can't read much Japanese (I just go by my Chinese knowledge) so it's not as useful for me, haha.

Do you include translation checking in "editing" or is it primarily readability?
k//eternal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-06, 00:13   Link #485
Psycho13in308

I don't really mind as it stops the temptation of reading the script and spoiling playing the actual game.
Psycho13in308 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-06, 00:17   Link #486
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

Quote:
Originally Posted by k//eternal View Post
Do you include translation checking in "editing" or is it primarily readability?
TL check is its own thing
Old 2008-09-06, 05:49   Link #487
Coruja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sterling01 View Post
This will piss off a lot of people... though I wonder if them being pissed off proves Klash's point
Spoiler for Announcement:
I actually applaud that. Of course I am pretty disappointed as I was about 2 chapters away from finishing the 2nd episode, but I don't mind waiting... Your reasons are noble enough, eheh.
Coruja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-06, 06:10   Link #488
theacefrehley
Guitar Man

Well,

I don't thnk it'd be that much of a problem to leave the scripts there (the clannad guys are leaving it there, tomoyo after too).

But, well, you decide.
Old 2008-09-06, 06:53   Link #489
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by k//eternal View Post
Would it be possible by any chance to get the scripts if you can show photographic evidence for having the game? (CD case, username on sheet of paper nearby, or something.) They do provide a quick way for people to dig for clues and are copy/pastable unlike the game itself. Although I can't read much Japanese (I just go by my Chinese knowledge) so it's not as useful for me, haha.
I don't see any problem with that. Upon request with simple proof of evidence, we can provide the scripts (CD case with paper with your username on it, a la Ebay is pretty fine).
I'm currently backing up the scripts before the real purge.
You can PM me, and I will see what I can do.
Quote:
Originally Posted by theacefrehley View Post
Well,

I don't thnk it'd be that much of a problem to leave the scripts there (the clannad guys are leaving it there, tomoyo after too).

But, well, you decide.
That would be faster if we knew Ryukishi's stance about that matter. However, unlike Clannad and Tomoyo After (or any other VN), Umineko chapters are very different in structure and size. As result, I can see far easier way to read Umineko with a side script, while it would be hell tedious with Clannad.

That said, we are especially assuring our chance to get Ryukishi's support, which is the primary goal of this removal.
Old 2008-09-06, 08:42   Link #490
theacefrehley
Guitar Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
That said, we are especially assuring our chance to get Ryukishi's support, which is the primary goal of this removal.
Not trying to be annoying, but:
Ryuukishi's support/OK (or any other game developer) is something you're 99% sure to not obtain. The only guy who actually gave an OK to this kind of thing was, if I'm not mistaken, the creator of Narcissu, who gave his OK to insani and Haeleth.

Of course Ryuukishi'd be happy with english translations for his games, after all, he will sell a few more copies of the game in the west of the globe. But, give support to this project is highly unlikely.

So, I think you should not worry about that.

And if possible
I'd also like to have scripts for episode 1
It's annoying to keep skipping text every time you want to read a certain part.
Old 2008-09-06, 09:25   Link #491
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by theacefrehley View Post
Not trying to be annoying, but:
Ryuukishi's support/OK (or any other game developer) is something you're 99% sure to not obtain. The only guy who actually gave an OK to this kind of thing was, if I'm not mistaken, the creator of Narcissu, who gave his OK to insani and Haeleth.

Of course Ryuukishi'd be happy with english translations for his games, after all, he will sell a few more copies of the game in the west of the globe. But, give support to this project is highly unlikely.

So, I think you should not worry about that.
I don't even see how it is impossible to expect, considering how Ryukishi himself wanted his games to be translated but failed to do so because of his lack of english knowledge and possible trouble with license etc. Considering his communication and the fact it is a doujin, it is by far "easier" than trying to ask permission from big shot like Key.

In any case, even if we fail to get his support/approval, we will still keep this stance as we need go step forward like groups such like mirrormoon instead of gambling our luck on public interface and such, which was moderately or really not successful until now for us (unlike Clannad who gained quite a huge support thanks to the wiki system).

And it will also keep our philosophy that the damn game deserve to be bought, though obviously it won't stop torrents and such *sigh*.

Quote:
And if possible
I'd also like to have scripts for episode 1
It's annoying to keep skipping text every time you want to read a certain part.
I will try to see if I can make the current script into usual text, though considering how it changed compared to the old script, it would take quite a long time to remove all tags and such.
Old 2008-09-06, 10:34   Link #492
chronotrig

Well, I'm not going to complain about giving the text out to people who have the game, but remember, that's a luxury that even Japanese players of the game don't have.

On a happier note, episode 2 is coming along quickly, and should be halfway done in two weeks at the worst, less than a full week at the best. So most of what was posted online will be released anyways for people who have the game.
chronotrig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-06, 11:15   Link #493
theacefrehley
Guitar Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
I will try to see if I can make the current script into usual text, though considering how it changed compared to the old script, it would take quite a long time to remove all tags and such.
I wouldn't mind the tags

I just want to be able to use the 'search' feature any text editor (like notepad) has.

If I had some knowledge, I could extract it from the patch files

But you're free to not give it if you don't want to. I thank you anyway.

---------------

Well,
I already found a way
don't need it anymore

Last edited by theacefrehley; 2008-09-06 at 12:25.
theacefrehley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-06, 11:22   Link #494
Orophin

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by chronotrig View Post
On a happier note, episode 2 is coming along quickly, and should be halfway done in two weeks at the worst, less than a full week at the best. So most of what was posted online will be released anyways for people who have the game.
You guys sure work fast! You will most likely finish Banquet of the Golden Witch before episode 4 comes out if you continue to translate at this pace. Keep up the good work!
Orophin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-06, 11:40   Link #495
Mystearika

keep up the good work, i cant wait for ep 2
Old 2008-09-06, 16:12   Link #496
ClockWorkAngel
Aspiring Aspirer

Send a message via MSN to ClockWorkAngel
Will the next version be compatible with episode 3?

I have no idea why they're bundling everything together :S

Keep up the good work guys, you're doing great for all us non-speakers!

EDIT: I think that without the music among the other parts of the game, the script alone isn't very exciting, I don't think people would mind waiting for the patches to come out.

Credit To Risa-chan!
ClockWorkAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-06, 19:29   Link #497
k//eternal
do you know ベアトリーチェ様?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClockWorkAngel View Post
I think that without the music among the other parts of the game, the script alone isn't very exciting, I don't think people would mind waiting for the patches to come out.
I agree with that, but for clue-hunting it's a much more efficient format.
k//eternal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-06, 22:41   Link #498
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO
This is a notice that i have received & acknowledge the official request to remove the current script from the Umineko project.

specifically:

Code:
[[Umineko_Volume_2:_Tips]]
[[Umineko_Volume_2:_Chapter_0]]
[[Umineko_Volume_2:_Chapter_1]]
[[Umineko_Volume_2:_Chapter_2]]
[[Umineko_Volume_2:_Chapter_3]]
[[Umineko_Volume_2:_Chapter_4]]
[[Umineko_Volume_2:_Chapter_5]]
[[Umineko_Volume_2:_Chapter_6]]
[[Umineko_Volume_2:_Chapter_7]]
[[Umineko_Volume_2:_Chapter_8]]
[[Umineko_Volume_2:_Chapter_9]]
[[Umineko_Volume_2:_Chapter_10]]
[[Umineko_Volume_2:_Chapter_11]]
[[Umineko_Volume_2:_Chapter_12]]
[[Umineko_Volume_2:_Chapter_13]]
[[Umineko_Volume_2:_Chapter_14]]
[[Umineko_Volume_2:_Chapter_15]]
[[Umineko_Volume_2:_Chapter_16]]
[[Umineko_Volume_2:_Chapter_17]]
[[Umineko_Volume_2:_Endroll]]
[[Umineko_Volume_2:_Epilouge]]
[[Umineko_Volume_2:_Tea_Party]]
[[Umineko_Volume_2:_Hidden_Tea_Party]]

[[Umineko_Volume_3:_Chapter_0]]
[[Umineko_Volume_3:_Chapter_1]]
[[Umineko_Volume_3:_Chapter_2]]
[[Umineko_Volume_3:_Chapter_3]]
[[Umineko_Volume_3:_Tips]]
[[Umineko_Volume_3:_Opening_Message]]
[[Umineko_Volume_3:_Endroll]]
please visit the project page for more details.

I will remove them as soon as i wake up unless someone can think of a better solution to preserve this translation or another Editor-in-Chief does it first.
Old 2008-09-07, 18:48   Link #499
chronotrig

Alright, my part of ep2, chapters 5, 6 and 7, are all done. Once sterling finishes his chapters, they will need to be inserted and checked over, get all the consistency worked out, and we'll be ready for the first umi2 patch!
chronotrig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-14, 10:16   Link #500
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

Progress update
Chapter 8 is finished... Though due my electricity being unstable right now I don't know when I'll be able to upload my stuff

Tags
translation