Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2010-05-17, 08:10   Link #181
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
Here's an ad of the TV Drama
I really don't know... something feels awfully wrong, I just can't point it out...
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-17, 09:43   Link #182
KLGChaos
The Shermain

Well, it's a drama, so it's a bit different than the manga. I'm actually watching the episodes right now with English-subs. It's a bit cheesy, but so is the manga and much heavier on the drama. You feel a bit sorry for Shinagawa and Adachi is a bit more annoying than funny. :P It's up at drama-crazy.net underneath the Japanese drama section. Has 4 episodes up.

One BIG discrepancy from the manga is that Shinagawa calls Adachi an honor student, which is odd since she's the dumbest one in the class in the manga.
Old 2010-05-17, 09:57   Link #183
Arturro

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLGChaos View Post
One BIG discrepancy from the manga is that Shinagawa calls Adachi an honor student, which is odd since she's the dumbest one in the class in the manga.
Usually, Students Council President is a honor student. Probably they've changed it too, so her transformation from delinquent to "normal" student is more visible.

Arturro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-17, 09:59   Link #184
KLGChaos
The Shermain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arturro View Post
Usually, Students Council President is a honor student. Probably they've changed it too, so her transformation from delinquent to "normal" student is more visible.
Yeah, they changed quite a few things, actually. Like Shinagawa went to Mon Shiro not because of Adachi, but because he had wanted to inherit his father's medical clinic. His sister is EVIL.

Still, despite the silliness (very anime-like scene of a deliquent flying into the air) and changes, it isn't too bad. Looks like we'll get a heavier focus on romance, as well.

Edit: OMG, Shinagawa's hot for Chiba's mom. LOL!

Last edited by KLGChaos; 2010-05-17 at 10:10.
KLGChaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-17, 10:17   Link #185
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
That Adachi seems surprisingly well-matched to her manga version, at least in that preview. I might actually check out that version =03
frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-17, 10:25   Link #186
KLGChaos
The Shermain

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
That Adachi seems surprisingly well-matched to her manga version, at least in that preview. I might actually check out that version =03
Yeah, and she's hot with her hair down.
Old 2010-06-02, 10:21   Link #187
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

The School Festival arc is over! Guess who won?
Old 2010-06-02, 10:56   Link #188
Johnny
Working the bags...

And the winning side had to clean up afterwards. That was the funny part...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-02, 12:15   Link #189
Wrath88
Kissing...

Spare some feelings for the losing side, I guess?
Old 2010-06-08, 08:50   Link #190
frubam
simp for Lyria

wth? I just read the first prologue chapter again by chance, and Shina actually sees Adachi without her glasses AND up close. I guess they just forgot that whole part in the later chapters, where he's like "it's that girl from the entrance exams", yet nothing clicks in that prologue chapter. I thought that was funny.
Old 2010-06-08, 17:59   Link #191
canza

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
wth? I just read the first prologue chapter again by chance, and Shina actually sees Adachi without her glasses AND up close. I guess they just forgot that whole part in the later chapters, where he's like "it's that girl from the entrance exams", yet nothing clicks in that prologue chapter. I thought that was funny.
Lol it's probably cause her hair wasn't down. I'm pretty sure the mangaka makes sure to have Adachi look a little bit different so Shinigawa won't notice(no matter how obvious it may be).

Or you can be right about the clicking part =P
Old 2010-06-10, 19:12   Link #192
JiffyGB
*snicker*

woohoo! finally caught myself up on this one! I really can't think of one character that I hate in this which is pretty damn rare, especially with the large cast. Marathoning the whole thing and looking back has raised a couple questions, though.

Number one...is the whole Adachi's past thing scrapped, or what? I mean, I'm pretty sure it was back in the 1X something chapter where there was that one hint about her with the yakuza family. I mean, if you're gonna keep going with that plot line it would be nice to drop small hints about it here and there for a more dramatic buildup. It would also be good to remind fans about it with more than 70+ chapters with still nothing new about it...(I'm up to 92 right now, I'm pretty sure that's the furthest scan right now)

I mean besides that I have no major gripes, it's still awesome. Just a little frustrating when I'm just dying to learn more. I wonder if anyone else thought that Himeji kinda did a personality 180 in a really short time frame. I felt like she started off really loud and energetic and, just a few chapters after she's introduced, she doesn't get hardly any lines compared to the other student council members. I dunno...might just be me. Don't really care either way since she's one of my favs
JiffyGB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-10, 19:23   Link #193
Johnny
Working the bags...

Not sure if they address her past anytime soon. I do know that we get a glimpse of Shinagawa's past in the latest chapters...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-10, 22:02   Link #194
KLGChaos
The Shermain

Quote:
Originally Posted by JiffyGB View Post
woohoo! finally caught myself up on this one! I really can't think of one character that I hate in this which is pretty damn rare, especially with the large cast. Marathoning the whole thing and looking back has raised a couple questions, though.

Number one...is the whole Adachi's past thing scrapped, or what? I mean, I'm pretty sure it was back in the 1X something chapter where there was that one hint about her with the yakuza family. I mean, if you're gonna keep going with that plot line it would be nice to drop small hints about it here and there for a more dramatic buildup. It would also be good to remind fans about it with more than 70+ chapters with still nothing new about it...(I'm up to 92 right now, I'm pretty sure that's the furthest scan right now)

I mean besides that I have no major gripes, it's still awesome. Just a little frustrating when I'm just dying to learn more. I wonder if anyone else thought that Himeji kinda did a personality 180 in a really short time frame. I felt like she started off really loud and energetic and, just a few chapters after she's introduced, she doesn't get hardly any lines compared to the other student council members. I dunno...might just be me. Don't really care either way since she's one of my favs
Yeah, I've always felt one of the manga's biggest issues is the lack of development for Adachi. We see Shinagawa grow by leaps and bounds, we learn more about Izumi and we even get growth from Chiba, but Adachi never seems to change at all. Her character is basically comedy relief and has kind of stagnated, which isn't good for a main character.
Old 2010-06-22, 03:22   Link #195
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

A sweet new batch of chapters came out.

Impressions:
Spoiler for ch 93-97:
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-22, 11:54   Link #196
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenicus View Post
A sweet new batch of chapters came out.

Impressions:
Spoiler for ch 93-97:
Well that's True until
Spoiler for c97:
Old 2010-06-22, 17:51   Link #197
frubam
simp for Lyria

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
Well that's True until
Spoiler for c97:
which one ? The other SC prez looked like she was pretty pissed. Also a former delinquent perhaps?

Well it's about time we see some subtle jealousy from Adachi for once.
Old 2010-06-22, 17:53   Link #198
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

another arc that you hope he finally finds out about the "mysterious girl's" identity but probably ends in you facepalming yourself
Old 2010-06-23, 02:00   Link #199
Wrath88
Kissing...

Misunderstandings just pile on & on...
Old 2010-06-25, 03:19   Link #200
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

Spoiler for 98:

Tags
shonen