AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-08-19, 22:47   Link #581
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

hahaha, that's basically the gist of it. That's how it is so far anyway
Old 2009-08-19, 23:38   Link #582
Miraluka
Banned

So recruit-power is a collateral effect of th eIB???
Old 2009-08-20, 06:12   Link #583
higoku1

Lol we will be seeing a new world order soo xD
Old 2009-08-20, 20:16   Link #584
ellifeedn
Thinker

I know this is going off-topic, but what would happen if they, and by they I mean the people in charge of Academy City and maybe Aleister Crowley, were to clone Touma in order to try and duplicate his Imagine Breaker?
Old 2009-08-21, 22:42   Link #585
Bordix

To Aru Majutsu no Index:Volume12 Chapter2 Part 5

Interesting. So we know more about accelerator's condition, apparently he can barely even process language and move around with his body; his body constantly shakes and in his current condition, he's very vulnerable to any attacks.

In normal mode, whereas he switches the thing around his neck (which takes ample time for him btw, with his current condition) He pretty much can do what a normal person cando, though this condition can only last 48 hrs and after that period he has to recharge batteries, meaning he will revert back to his previous state.

In esper mode, he's basically back to being a lvl 5 esper, but with a time limit of 15 minutes only (though I don't think he's enemies would last that long). The only way that I cant think of defeating him is buying time. After his time limit he cant even walk, he's basically liek a sitting duck. I bet a 5 year old can beat him to death at least that's how I understood the whole thing.

Quote:
This, this is no Accelerator's living patten. Or rather, he should be laughing hard should he encounter women changing clothes and whatever else everytime he opens a door.
I' not sure about this part. so before, he would just laugh at them enjoying their embarrassment or something?
Old 2009-08-21, 23:22   Link #586
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bordix View Post
To Aru Majutsu no Index:Volume12 Chapter2 Part 5

Interesting. So we know more about accelerator's condition, apparently he can barely even process language and move around with his body; his body constantly shakes and in his current condition, he's very vulnerable to any attacks.

In normal mode, whereas he switches the thing around his neck (which takes ample time for him btw, with his current condition) He pretty much can do what a normal person cando, though this condition can only last 48 hrs and after that period he has to recharge batteries, meaning he will revert back to his previous state.

In esper mode, he's basically back to being a lvl 5 esper, but with a time limit of 15 minutes only (though I don't think he's enemies would last that long). The only way that I cant think of defeating him is buying time. After his time limit he cant even walk, he's basically liek a sitting duck. I bet a 5 year old can beat him to death at least that's how I understood the whole thing.
So, he is a bit normal guy living with a researcher, an Anti-skill and a sparky loli

Quote:
I'm not sure about this part. so before, he would just laugh at them enjoying their embarrassment or something?
I'm sure that he will say something like: "Hey, move your asses now! is my time to use my hair tincture"

Thanks again to Baka-tsuki for the translation
Old 2009-08-22, 23:16   Link #587
Used Can

So, did Index have any relevance in the last volume? Or was she, once again, neglected by the author.
Old 2009-08-22, 23:30   Link #588
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
So, did Index have any relevance in the last volume? Or was she, once again, neglected by the author.
Well, Fiamma-chan is in the search for return the Jhonn pen mode to Index.
Old 2009-08-23, 00:46   Link #589
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
CORRECT

consider him god of harem. Up till now his the only one I know that has that tons of harem. But considering his main harem. Aren't really that many.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul Assassin View Post
Considering that all of his harem members are fight-capable (even much better than Touma himself if it wasn't for his IB), then that makes Touma's harem...

... you judge. I can't. Honestly.
In terms of size, Touma probably has one of the biggest harems out there, if we're counting each individual imouto... so yes, a god in terms of number. But in terms of power... even with all the girls he's got, my own belief says he still has a long ways to go before he even gets close to the Ultimate Harem (better known as the cast of Tenchi Muyo)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMC3alpha View Post
so basically, once he beats/stop anyone no matter how powerful they are = auto-recruit into his faction?
That makes it sound like Nanoha's way of making friends...

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Old 2009-08-23, 12:30   Link #590
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magin View Post
In terms of size, Touma probably has one of the biggest harems out there, if we're counting each individual imouto... so yes, a god in terms of number. But in terms of power... even with all the girls he's got, my own belief says he still has a long ways to go before he even gets close to the Ultimate Harem (better known as the cast of Tenchi Muyo)
Really? I didn't know that

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magin View Post
That makes it sound like Nanoha's way of making friends...
Well, Goku from Dragon Ball did the same, you know
Old 2009-08-23, 16:41   Link #591
Used Can

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Well, Fiamma-chan is in the search for return the Jhonn pen mode to Index.
So, we'll have to wait 10 more volumes until Index gets mentioned again? Seriously, someone should help the author when it comes to pacing in terms of character development. He/she is seriously terrible at that.
Old 2009-08-23, 17:47   Link #592
BlueDo

Well, she was only 14 years old when the first volume of the novel series was published...
Go figure.
At least, she's seeming to salvage her work gradually.
Old 2009-08-23, 20:12   Link #593
Used Can

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDo View Post
Well, she was only 14 years old when the first volume of the novel series was published...
I remember reading this before. Is there any source for her age?
Old 2009-08-24, 12:22   Link #594
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
So, we'll have to wait 10 more volumes until Index gets mentioned again? Seriously, someone should help the author when it comes to pacing in terms of character development. He/she is seriously terrible at that.
Not really, I'm sure that the plot will enfocate in Index in the next volume of the novels. Since the apparition of GRS a few hints about Index were mentioned.

Quote:
I remember reading this before. Is there any source for her age?
You mean about her actual age in the novels, right?
Old 2009-08-24, 17:24   Link #595
Used Can

Quote:
Not really, I'm sure that the plot will enfocate in Index in the next volume of the novels. Since the apparition of GRS a few hints about Index were mentioned.
Hopefully, but I cannot shake the feeling Index is wasted potential. The author could have developed the Index Librorum Prohibitorum at her own leisure (103000 grimoires with who-knows-how-many spells on each of them), but she rather leave it aside for 18 volumes already, with barely mentioning it from time to time.

Quote:
You mean about her actual age in the novels, right?
I was talking about the age of the author. I've read people saying she started writing the novels when she was 14, but I've never seen a source for this.
Old 2009-08-24, 18:23   Link #596
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
I was talking about the age of the author. I've read people saying she started writing the novels when she was 14, but I've never seen a source for this.
I read on the net(Youtube) that that author is a "she" and published the light novels when she was 15 in 2005 @_@, I'm not sure if the user that commented that is a confiable source. Maybe,they're only rumors.
Old 2009-08-24, 20:56   Link #597
ellifeedn
Thinker

I wonder what would happen if a mind-reading esper tried to read Index's mind.
Old 2009-08-24, 22:40   Link #598
Used Can

Quote:
I read on the net(Youtube) that that author is a "she" and published the light novels when she was 15 in 2005 @_@, I'm not sure if the user that commented that is a confiable source. Maybe,they're only rumors.
Youtube isn't a reliable source. Anyway, yeah, for now, I'll regard it as a lie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellifeedn View Post
I wonder what would happen if a mind-reading esper tried to read Index's mind.
Not much. To begin with, he'd need Index's eidetic memory to remember even part of it. In addition, all of that would probably be information that person wouldn't be able to understand. And, maybe Espers cannot use magic.
Old 2009-08-25, 03:10   Link #599
tsunade666

espers can't use magic that's given fact before. Even though espers has brain's like computer with their high computing abilities ( ex accelerator ) They can't understand it unless they are though to understand it. And index is special in a way. In her head is a compilation of LOTS of book that has record of every magic known yet ( known yet that she identifies every magic that touma fought ) Outside on that we can still speculate she might know it. So its pretty useless to ask an esper on how to deal with it. Its like me that can't read japanese. Even if I bought the novel its still useless because I can't read it.

And if the rumors says its aroun 14 or 15 when the series starts on 2005. Means SHE is still young. No wonder even though its a rumor its still amazing to know if its true.
Old 2009-08-31, 22:20   Link #600
stillmissing

I don't have a scan to back this up at the moment, so take it with a grain of salt, but there appears to be a preview blurb for novel #19 up.

Apparently it will be released on the 10th of November, and it seems it will be another Accelerator focused novel.
Closed Thread

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen