AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Macross Frontier - Episode 24 Rating
Perfect 10 117 68.42%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 30 17.54%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 13 7.60%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 2.92%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 0.58%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.58%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.58%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 3 1.75%
Voters: 171. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-09-20, 12:40   Link #481
mechabao

Spoiler for large image:

I wonder why no one's talking about this particular scene.
Old 2008-09-20, 12:44   Link #482
hai_san

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechabao View Post
Spoiler for large image:

I wonder why no one's talking about this particular scene.
I'm pretty sure it is the Birdman from Macross zero.
Old 2008-09-20, 12:47   Link #483
Paul Hausser
Colonel General

All right, after a long stint with meine Leben, I am back in action.

First of all, I still have to download GG subs. In fact, after I get Episode 24, I'll treat myself to a "Macross Frontier" three day festival, in anticipation of the grand finale.

Second, after watching unsubbed raw, I can comment on three things. First (again), the animation quality went up quite nicely. Now I can see where funds saved during, say, Episode 8, went. Second (yet again), people who claim Fraulein Nome is selfish, or conceited, or any other kind of underhanded character trait need their heads examined, hard. Right, selfish people send their loved ones to fight and then join the battle with all they got. Add to this the heart-wrenching final moment and the Scream. Mein Gott, what else will Kawamori do to this woman? Third, despite all the, in Wesley's words, hax, Grace O'Connor is a delightful villian, for a Hure she is. Compared to her, Mishima is a blithering idiot, and a vampire wannabe with that creepy smile of his. I'm quite sorry, Leon, but Graf Dracula was way better than you will ever be.

Third, I am so remarkably unsurprised with the way Fraulein Lee has been treated. It seems that her lack of forethought and blindness to harsh realities has bitten her backside. While It was to be expected - after all, we are talking about a naive girl, who has lived a sheltered life, and used to have rosy glasses 24/7 - seeing it makes the moral even stronger: blindness to reality is tantamount to suicide.
Old 2008-09-20, 12:50   Link #484
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
Originally Posted by golthin View Post
prefared alternative? Look back and tell me when have I been a Sheryl or Ranka shipper?
I don't visit this side of the forums often due to this. And I know... I should listen to my advice more often. So no, I don't know what your record is like, and all I have to go with is your comments regarding this turn of events at this point in time.

Your comment speaks clearly enough. But I also now understand where you're coming from, but most of the time there's also an underlying bias I can't help seeing. I don't put that against you, since we all have one, but it's also quite ironic to say that you aren't shipping "anything" when you care that much to discuss what's been going on in this part of the story.

Like you said so yourself: keep an open mind. The story isn't fully resolved yet.
Old 2008-09-20, 12:51   Link #485
Teletha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joachim View Post
i feel less impact from sheryl "ALTOO" compared with klan2 "MICHELLL" maybe its because of that long image pause of sheryl.. it would be more heart wrenching if the camera pans out to the explosion once again after she shout his name.. oh well its just me
I liked Klan's a bit more as well, but still like Shery's reaction. I also agree that everyone pretty much knows he's not dead, so it's not that shocking. But her dropping her microphone was a bigger deal to me. I don't know why, but I thought it showed how devastated she was. Especially considering she just decided to seal everything away and just focus on singing, but seeing Alto die she couldn't. I'm really interested in seeing her reaction. Call that Bird Human Sheryl.
Old 2008-09-20, 12:53   Link #486
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teletha View Post
I'm really interested in seeing her reaction. Call that Bird Human Sheryl.
The Mao blood awakens! Time for Sheryl to meet her great aunt XD
Old 2008-09-20, 12:53   Link #487
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Hausser View Post
All right, after a long stint with meine Leben, I am back in action.

First of all, I still have to download GG subs. In fact, after I get Episode 24, I'll treat myself to a "Macross Frontier" three day festival, in anticipation of the grand finale.

Second, after watching unsubbed raw, I can comment on three things. First (again), the animation quality went up quite nicely. Now I can see where funds saved during, say, Episode 8, went. Second (yet again), people who claim Fraulein Nome is selfish, or conceited, or any other kind of underhanded character trait need their heads examined, hard. Right, selfish people send their loved ones to fight and then join the battle with all they got. Add to this the heart-wrenching final moment and the Scream. Mein Gott, what else will Kawamori do to this woman? Third, despite all the, in Wesley's words, hax, Grace O'Connor is a delightful villian, for a Hure she is. Compared to her, Mishima is a blithering idiot, and a vampire wannabe with that creepy smile of his. I'm quite sorry, Leon, but Graf Dracula was way better than you will ever be.

Third, I am so remarkably unsurprised with the way Fraulein Lee has been treated. It seems that her lack of forethought and blindness to harsh realities has bitten her backside. While It was to be expected - after all, we are talking about a naive girl, who has lived a sheltered life, and used to have rosy glasses 24/7 - seeing it makes the moral even stronger: blindness to reality is tantamount to suicide.
only people that call sheryl selfish or conceited are Ranka's fan! she was a little spoiled at the beginning but never selfish! Only people that treat Ranka badly are sheryl's fan! It is all because of the shipping goggles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kujoe View Post
I don't visit this side of the forums often due to this. And I know... I should listen to my advice more often. So no, I don't know what your record is like, and all I have to go with is your comments regarding this turn of events at this point in time.

Your comment speaks clearly enough. But I also now understand where you're coming from, but most of the time there's also an underlying bias I can't help seeing. I don't put that against you, since we all have one, but it's also quite ironic to say that you aren't shipping "anything" when you care that much to discuss what's been going on in this part of the story.

Like you said so yourself: keep an open mind. The story isn't fully resolved yet.
that is fair enough! I could understand if I said something like "oh yes! now sheryl won't get him', something of the likes which will be what a rabid ranka fan could say. You don't see any Ranka or Sheryl fan hoping for Alto's death because they don't want a draw, they want to see who wins even if they lose. That is why I am free to be happy about Alto dying.(though Omni from Random curiosity was happy about Alto dying and I think he is a sheryl shipper).

I guess that not having any special feelings for any of the two girls can cause this. By the way I didn't feel anything about Micheal's death either. I was squirming on my seat when it seemed that Ozma was going to die. I was an OzmaxCathy shipper since I found out they once were lovers.

Last edited by golthin; 2008-09-20 at 13:05.
Old 2008-09-20, 13:02   Link #488
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

ooh, what an awesome episode. Sheryl sings again, Ranka's a tool again, epic space battle, what more can you want?

but what if the directors threw a curveball at us and Alto really was dead.. how epic.
Old 2008-09-20, 13:08   Link #489
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
ooh, what an awesome episode. Sheryl sings again, Ranka's a tool again, epic space battle, what more can you want?

but what if the directors threw a curveball at us and Alto really was dead.. how epic.
Nah! People around here have convinced me that it is not possible and that there is a way for him to survive. It could have been epic, but Alto is too important to the story to be wasted that way.
I think I was delusional for a while, I have been TROLLED by Kawamori
Old 2008-09-20, 13:10   Link #490
forgottendiary
Izanami
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to forgottendiary Send a message via MSN to forgottendiary Send a message via Yahoo to forgottendiary
Random thought: if Ranka managed to get herself out of Brera's VF effortlessly why can't Alto? (ok, so maybe there weren't that many bugs then...but still...)
Old 2008-09-20, 13:18   Link #491
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

oh, and i can't help but think, dammit alto, you lost Sheryl's other earring..
Old 2008-09-20, 13:37   Link #492
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
oh, and i can't help but think, dammit alto, you lost Sheryl's other earring..
Only if he's dead. Otherwise, the earing is still attached to his ear.

There's no way you kill him, without showing any expression or even a look at him when he got hit. That's just terrible story writing.
Old 2008-09-20, 13:41   Link #493
abynormal
Skull Fairy Scout

Send a message via AIM to abynormal
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinstrife View Post
Only if he's dead. Otherwise, the earing is still attached to his ear.

There's no way you kill him, without showing any expression or even a look at him when he got hit. That's just terrible story writing.
Plot Armor, GO!

You know what pissed me off about this episode? The preview showed absolutely NOTHING! It's a great way to prevent spoilers, but GRR!

And goddamn, Sheryl is awesome. This week is going to be an anxious one for me.
Old 2008-09-20, 13:43   Link #494
Westlo
Lets be reality

Abynormal, trust me the preview not showing nothing is much better than say the preview for Sekirei episode 12 at the end of 11. You don't make a character appear to die and than have them running around in the next episode preview
Old 2008-09-20, 13:50   Link #495
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Abynormal, trust me the preview not showing nothing is much better than say the preview for Sekirei episode 12 at the end of 11. You don't make a character appear to die and than have them running around in the next episode preview
Yeah, that's very poor planning, right there...

Old 2008-09-20, 13:51   Link #496
Westlo
Lets be reality

Needless to say, if I didn't read the Sekirei manga before I watched the anime I would've been pissed XD So when I saw the photobook preview for 25 thought "well done" Kawamori.

Though really... the extra death flag for Sheryl in the photo book was fucking uncalled for :\

http://img186.imageshack.us/my.php?i...9192033zy1.jpg
Old 2008-09-20, 13:52   Link #497
golthin

Quote:
offtopic:
lol! that was not much a spoiler! they can get away with that when the show is an adaptation of a manga. 95% of the people watching the show in Japan have read the manga and know what happens at that point.
gintama latest arc had a big spoiler during the ending, but who doesn't read Gintama in Japan.

Ontopic:
they not showing much in the preview was painful but at the same I can understand why they did. I don't try to find too much meaning to the title either. I already know how the LT should end, now it all depends if the director wants to shock us or not. Will alto be a SOB and break his promise to Sheryl or be a man and stay with the girl he loves and made a promised with. Will he break a sick girls heart that he has feeling for and go for a girl he had a crush but left him for a bigger dream. will Sheryl be cured of her illness or will she die after lving happily with Alto. So many posibilities!
Old 2008-09-20, 13:55   Link #498
forgottendiary
Izanami
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to forgottendiary Send a message via MSN to forgottendiary Send a message via Yahoo to forgottendiary
Quote:
Needless to say, if I didn't read the Sekirei manga before I watched the anime I would've been pissed XD So when I saw the photobook preview for 25 thought "well done" Kawamori.

Though really... the extra death flag for Sheryl in the photo book was fucking uncalled for :\

I SOOOOOO did not see that...I wish I didn't click
Old 2008-09-20, 13:56   Link #499
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Quote:

Damn, I hadn't even noticed that...

@forgottendiary: that makes two of us...

Old 2008-09-20, 13:56   Link #500
abynormal
Skull Fairy Scout

Send a message via AIM to abynormal
Quote:
*throws his hands in the air like a crazy person*

A monkey can edit his way around spoilers in previews! Unless episode 25 is twenty four minutes of Alto dogfighting!!!!
Closed Thread