AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-08-02, 09:52   Link #641
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

Watched Episode 5, pretty fun episode by this show's standards. Just one question though.

Are dynamite fuses made to be waterproof? I was actually not expecting that underwater explosion.
Ascaloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-02, 11:16   Link #642
Noe
HARDCORE Fate addict™

Send a message via AIM to Noe Send a message via MSN to Noe
Episode 5 was quite humorous.

ALL HAIL FATE T. HARLAOWN!
#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net to revere, share, and cherish Fate Testarossa Harlaown.
My blog
Noe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-02, 12:49   Link #643
Kadrias

...So does anyone else find it kind of weird/creepy that Maria is still keeping that bloodstained stuffed cat? <__<;; Sure she could like, wash it but.. the stains! They're still there! The poor thing is like some sort of horrible gorey toy..!

*cough*

In any case...
Spoiler for ep 5:
Kadrias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-02, 14:40   Link #644
alu546
y prime

Send a message via AIM to alu546
Well, Yun Yun is a really likeable character. She has so many deathflags waving around her though. I hope everything works out for her, but yea. Canaan seems to be changing a little as well.

oneesama yuri love!
alu546 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-02, 16:37   Link #645
Hypernova

Location: Virgo Supercluster, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Sol, Earth, Taiwan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kadrias View Post
...So does anyone else find it kind of weird/creepy that Maria is still keeping that bloodstained stuffed cat? <__<;; Sure she could like, wash it but.. the stains! They're still there! The poor thing is like some sort of horrible gorey toy..!

*cough*

In any case...
Spoiler for ep 5:
It's there to show that something is wrong with Maria's state of mind.
Hypernova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-02, 16:50   Link #646
Diodati
The very united ACROSS

I dunno, I think of the toy as representing 'Canaan' - or at least Maria's association with Canaan. You could read into that pretty far, the same with the red string in the credits. But beside that sort of weird symbolic touch, the stuffed toy is probably going to be of greater significance later on in the series - if they chose to mention it in the synopsis which came out before the series started.
Diodati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-02, 20:43   Link #647
orangejuicetang

I just wished that my audio wasn't like two seconds ahead of the animation. That kind of annoyed me while I watched my version.

If a corrupt court will not behead an evil king, than the watchman should do it himself.
orangejuicetang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-02, 21:02   Link #648
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascaloth View Post
Are dynamite fuses made to be waterproof? I was actually not expecting that underwater explosion.
That was a major WTF moment for me too. Surely it would have been better for Canaan to let her drop down so the fuse would be drowned out bit what do you know...Yunyun was smart enough to use "trick fuses" like the have on those trick birthday candles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kadrias View Post
Finally! Someone has pointed it out XD

*A few rewatches later*

Don't die Yunyun ;_;

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-03, 15:00   Link #649
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

The show plays around a lot with explosives. I found the explosives-on-the-head scenes rather stupid. Now we have the underwater fuse. But I'll just consider those to be the director's little jokes.

I'm actually enjoying the show quite a bit, confused as I am by the plot. Not that I don't understand what's going on, just that I'm not sure why or where it's headed.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissičre (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-03, 15:13   Link #650
darkmaster074
------

ep 5 was good
darkmaster074 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-03, 17:08   Link #651
Draw it blank
Lazy Otaku

Send a message via Yahoo to Draw it blank
Ok so can anybody tell me how Yun-yun and Hakko know each other!

And Yunyun! Is now one of my favorite characters!
Go! Yun-yun!, Keep making me laugh!
Draw it blank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-03, 19:48   Link #652
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
sooo is it pure geniuses that Yunyun strapped a 150 pieces of dynamite to her abdomen or pure stupidity given who she was calling out?
Old 2009-08-03, 20:53   Link #653
Funkatron
Highly irregular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draw it blank View Post
Ok so can anybody tell me how Yun-yun and Hakko know each other!

And Yunyun! Is now one of my favorite characters!
Go! Yun-yun!, Keep making me laugh!
YunYun and Hakko are both Borners, so they must have met/worked with each other under Alphard/snake folks
Funkatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-03, 21:50   Link #654
SwiftStrike
Reaching for the Heavens

I liked how they worked some comedy into such a show with a seemingly sad and deep storyline

but I think they need to work on some past in the next eps; I for one want to know what happened before to make (the events in Canaan) like this and how the char's know each other
Old 2009-08-03, 22:04   Link #655
SageGaiGar
You are Next

Spoiler for Borners:
Old 2009-08-04, 14:06   Link #656
Lio
Presence

Wow, excellent balance of humor and drama in this episode. My hats off to the director and the scriptwriter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
I dunno if it was me or just episode 5, but Liang Qi looked extremely short, and seemed even shorter than yunyun

And like serenade said, tons of death flags during the last part of the episode. I was expecting a gun shot or something, during the walk.
The one time Liang Qi didn't look extremely short was in the Arousing Soul trailer, where she seemed like a dangerous badass girl with attitude. The camera angle was from below, so she had an air of dominance.
I wouldn't have been surprised if they killed Yunyun off right there and then at the end of the episode. It's too soon for that though. Poor Yunyun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
I would like to see what happened in the past to make her such a twisted character. The fact that she said she climbed up from the dirt feels like she is out for revenge on those who put her there in the first place. And any potential for a sad story is a good thing
She's almost like an intelligent, refined, and even more badass Revy from Black Lagoon. More Alphard!
Lio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-04, 14:39   Link #657
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Can anyone give me a quick break down of how Snake came to have such sway over all the Borners. Obviously majority of if not all of the Borners came from the missing village. But how did Snake Org get all of them under their thumb and also this episode reveled the existence of drugs to slow what i would assume is a genetic degradation. If they have the drugs either they were in on whatever happen or got the drugs through other means.
Old 2009-08-04, 16:23   Link #658
Spags
Computer Programmer

Send a message via AIM to Spags Send a message via MSN to Spags
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
Can anyone give me a quick break down of how Snake came to have such sway over all the Borners. Obviously majority of if not all of the Borners came from the missing village. But how did Snake Org get all of them under their thumb and also this episode reveled the existence of drugs to slow what i would assume is a genetic degradation. If they have the drugs either they were in on whatever happen or got the drugs through other means.
Well I cant answer any of your questions cause I'm just as far into the series you are. But some thoughts for you to consider, if you remember from episode 2 Maria's father came up with a cure for the virus. Also in episode 2 Canaan mentioned that Maria was being targeted "again" so maybe the snakes stole her father's cure and put it into a pill form that they could use to black mail all the Borners into working for them. Well that's my theory atm, but will just have to wait and see till more episodes come out

"You have your way, I have my way, as for the right way, the correct way, it does not exists."
Spags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-04, 16:38   Link #659
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spags View Post
Well I cant answer any of your questions cause I'm just as far into the series you are. But some thoughts for you to consider, if you remember from episode 2 Maria's father came up with a cure for the virus. Also in episode 2 Canaan mentioned that Maria was being targeted "again" so maybe the snakes stole her father's cure and put it into a pill form that they could use to black mail all the Borners into working for them. Well that's my theory atm, but will just have to wait and see till more episodes come out
I do remember the "Maria being targeted again" part. Is it possible that Maria was cured from the virus and they want her because her blood carries the anti bodies for the virus which they can make into a pill to suppress the virus?
Old 2009-08-04, 16:51   Link #660
fict_ticious
I can has drinks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
I do remember the "Maria being targeted again" part. Is it possible that Maria was cured from the virus and they want her because her blood carries the anti bodies for the virus which they can make into a pill to suppress the virus?
The whole "Our current drugs aren't as effective as they used to be so we need somebody's antibodies since the drugs fund our terrorist operations" angle?
I could see it going that route.
fict_ticious is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
animage, type moon