AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2011-02-19, 10:06   Link #61
Sixth
Hu Tao

By the way, do Kujo serves any useful purpose in the later novel. In the anime, he look pointless and ask/do a lot of stupid things.
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-20, 13:26   Link #62
endarion88

is the author alright after the quake tsunami ecc?
endarion88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-21, 23:02   Link #63
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Well ... if the anime is true to the novels the reason why Grevil drilled up his hair is b/c Victorique apparently made him do so somehow. No wonder he never talks directly to her but always through Kujo.

Can anyone else verify if this takes place in the novels as well?
Old 2011-03-23, 21:35   Link #64
taichi-kun

is that true that there will be a new novel this month ?

I thought volume 6 was the end..........
taichi-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-24, 02:18   Link #65
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by noobita View Post
By the way, do Kujo serves any useful purpose in the later novel. In the anime, he look pointless and ask/do a lot of stupid things.
He's ... pretty much the same :P Sorry, but Kujo is really meant to be like this, dumber than the reader. Otherwise we wouldn't be able to keep up (supposedly) with the solving process.
Quote:
Originally Posted by endarion88 View Post
is the author alright after the quake tsunami ecc?
Yeah, she's fine. She seems to be twitting a lot lately though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mycanid View Post
Well ... if the anime is true to the novels the reason why Grevil drilled up his hair is b/c Victorique apparently made him do so somehow. No wonder he never talks directly to her but always through Kujo.

Can anyone else verify if this takes place in the novels as well?
From what I've read from the 3 novels + summaries, this seems to be the case. It's like he had told Kujo, he's able to continue to have Vicky solve all those cases for free for some reason lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by taichi-kun View Post
is that true that there will be a new novel this month ?
Yep, it's going to be released tomorrow actually
Quote:
I thought volume 6 was the end..........
No, it's going to be Vol.8
Old 2011-03-24, 22:05   Link #66
taichi-kun

oh thanks, so vol 8 will be the end... mmm I don't know if it will be adapted in the anime...
Old 2011-03-25, 22:06   Link #67
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Quote:
oh thanks, so vol 8 will be the end... mmm I don't know if it will be adapted in the anime...
There was a schedule released before the anime started breaking down all the arcs and confirming that it's going to follow the novel material until the end, including the currently being published stuff.
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-09, 19:21   Link #68
taichi-kun

mmm did kujo's brothers appear later in the novels ?

I mean are they important to the plot...?

Edit: thanks the shedule is on page 2 or 3
Old 2011-04-13, 23:54   Link #69
Undertaker

Didn't notice there was LN thread until someone link it in the anime thread.

But here a little extra info I posted in Anime thread. On episode 10.5 it's revealed tat there will be 3 more books of Gosick in stead of 2 to end the series.

GosickS IV will release on 5/25 followed by Gosick VIII during summer.

Spoiler for Screenshot:

Personally, while I like Gosick as LN I can't say the same for Sakuraba the writer.

First, back in 08, she stated that she would seize all her ACG work after she had won the Naoki award, despite the fact she debut as LN writer and scenario writer for gal game. That's why most people though that VI was the final book and despite its popularity at time and the fact that the illustration was done by Hinata Takeda, a well-known goth-loli illustrator and manga-ka, there was no adaption because it was a unfinished series without an ending.

Then the publish right was transfered from Fujimi Shoten's Fujimi Mystery Bunko line (a subsidiary of Kadokawa Group) to Kadokawa Bunko and during the transfer they got rid of all interior illustration and cover done by Hinata Takeda and change it from

this:

to This:

The rumor was that the change was requested by Sakuraba, now, i don't know if it true, but a simple transfer of publishing right should not have resulted in the removal of those artworks not to mention that Hinata Takeda was at time serializing her manga under Kadokawa Group. BTW, her manga Ikoku Meiro no Kurowaaze is slot to be adapt to anime this summer, though with only 2 volume published so far I don't know how they are going to do it with so little source despite there are precedences. (mostly shojo manga during 90's)

Now all of sudden, it was adapted into anime, Sakurab is writing 3 more books to finishing up the series, (with 3 books in about 6 month span!!) and once the series is finished Kodakawa is planning on re-releasing the series AGAIN under Kodakawa BEANS Bunko brand with LN cover and illustrations in tact and new artwork for the 3 new volume...

There just no need to have a series to go through this much change in one setting...

Here's some shots from Hinata Takeda's Ikoku Meiro no Kurowaaze from the Chinese edition:

Spoiler for Ikoku Meiro no Kurowaaze:

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuopidget View Post
I think he does. On one hand I genuinely think he was intimidated by her, though iirc he showed her some kindness during the Skull arc. Or might've been some of the side stories ... it's been while since I've read this series but the overall impression was positive.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostfriendly View Post
Nice if he has a good side. Going by the anime, Grevil is one of the few jerkass characters I actually strongly dislike, for his lack of sympathy with Victorique, the Arabian maid, and the woman on the Queen Berry.
Quote:
Originally Posted by noobita View Post
So, is the old man in the opening is Victorique's father?

Also, can someone spoil me about her father? Is her father really despise her so badly?

From the novel, especially the "S" it has been shown that Grevil is a genuine nice guy. He was the only person took interest on Victorique when she was small. Even though he was afraid of her intelligence, he tried to get closer to her after returning from study and learned that he has a half sister that was locked up. But Victorique literally drove him away with her pranks and than the drill thing happened....

Personally I don't fault Grevil for showing no sympathy in Queenberry case, no matter what happened they still killed other people for revenge. Even Conan shows no sympathy most of time to those who kills for revenge. Kindaichi was the only manga detective I've seen that would routinely feel bad for a serial killer but most of his cases are built that way so the reader can be sympathetic to the murderer.

As for her dad, all will be explain in the series, but basically her dad is basically just treating her as a pet or object and there is a reason for that. Although I have to say, her tower live isn't as bad as the anime shown, the novel did mention that at minimum the servant will bring food 3 times a day, her change of cloth and book runs. Basically anything she wanted was given with the exception of freedom. And even that was mainly because Victorique was showing off her intelligence too much that frightens everyone who come in contact of her and had learned too many things, including some top secret stuff that the family has try to keep under wrap....

Last edited by Undertaker; 2011-04-14 at 03:17.
Undertaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-15, 14:44   Link #70
Ghostfriendly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertaker View Post
From the novel, especially the "S" it has been shown that Grevil is a genuine nice guy. He was the only person took interest on Victorique when she was small. Even though he was afraid of her intelligence, he tried to get closer to her after returning from study and learned that he has a half sister that was locked up. But Victorique literally drove him away with her pranks and than the drill thing happened....

Personally I don't fault Grevil for showing no sympathy in Queenberry case, no matter what happened they still killed other people for revenge. Even Conan shows no sympathy most of time to those who kills for revenge. Kindaichi was the only manga detective I've seen that would routinely feel bad for a serial killer but most of his cases are built that way so the reader can be sympathetic to the murderer.

As for her dad, all will be explain in the series, but basically her dad is basically just treating her as a pet or object and there is a reason for that. Although I have to say, her tower live isn't as bad as the anime shown, the novel did mention that at minimum the servant will bring food 3 times a day, her change of cloth and book runs. Basically anything she wanted was given with the exception of freedom. And even that was mainly because Victorique was showing off her intelligence too much that frightens everyone who come in contact of her and had learned too many things, including some top secret stuff that the family has try to keep under wrap....
After ep 11, I can certainly believe that Grevil is nicer than he can seem, not just from the love story, but seeing his father push him around (clearly valuing Victorique for his mysterious plans a lot more) and how his duty and reputation are practically all he has. His resentment towards Victorique might be as much envy as intimidation, which I also find understandable and sympathetic.

I still think Julie from the Queenberry could've done with some sympathy; she got put through a miniature Battle Royale and mentions spending some time in a mental hospital afterwards. They should definately take her mental state into account at her trial.

Thanks for all the info on Gosick novels, Undertaker.
Ghostfriendly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-23, 01:19   Link #71
Matt122005

With the announcement of the end of TokyoPop, any hope for their release of another volume of ANY light novel has just been crushed. Sigh.

All we can hope now for is that either another publisher like "Yen Press" picks it up, or a fan translation starts.

-Matt
Matt122005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-23, 20:25   Link #72
taichi-kun

Quote:

The rumor was that the change was requested by Sakuraba, now, i don't know if it true, but a simple transfer of publishing right should not have resulted in the removal of those artworks not to mention that Hinata Takeda was at time serializing her manga under Kadokawa Group. BTW, her manga Ikoku Meiro no Kurowaaze is slot to be adapt to anime this summer, though with only 2 volume published so far I don't know how they are going to do it with so little source despite there are precedences. (mostly shojo manga during 90's)

Interesting

and yes bad change!! old illustrations were better.

PD: what happened to tokyopop?
Old 2011-04-24, 02:34   Link #73
teachopvutru
Urusai~Urusai~Urusai~

Quote:
what happened to tokyopop?
http://www.comicsbeat.com/2011/04/15...shutting-down/

"FOUND YOU!" ~Taiga
teachopvutru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-02, 04:06   Link #74
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

The next arc for Gosick the anime series shall involve science and religion... a man that has seen Leviathan, and a fanatic of the faith. No destroying one's illusions, though.

The title seems interesting; there's a Maria, but there's something else referenced: Beelzebub, Lord of the Flies.
The Felling Maria has a Fly's Head

Also, here are the titles of the last GosickS novel and the last two novels of Gosick.
GOSICK VII: A Rose-Colored Life or A Rosy Life
GOSICKs IV: Winter's Sacrifice
GOSICK VIII: End of the Beginning
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-07, 01:47   Link #75
M.A.D

Quote:

First, back in 08, she stated that she would seize all her ACG work after she had won the Naoki award, despite the fact she debut as LN writer and scenario writer for gal game. That's why most people though that VI was the final book and despite its popularity at time and the fact that the illustration was done by Hinata Takeda, a well-known goth-loli illustrator and manga-ka, there was no adaption because it was a unfinished series without an ending.

Then the publish right was transfered from Fujimi Shoten's Fujimi Mystery Bunko line (a subsidiary of Kadokawa Group) to Kadokawa Bunko and during the transfer they got rid of all interior illustration and cover done by Hinata Takeda and change it from

this:

to This:

Now all of sudden, it was adapted into anime, Sakurab is writing 3 more books to finishing up the series, (with 3 books in about 6 month span!!) and once the series is finished Kodakawa is planning on re-releasing the series AGAIN under Kodakawa BEANS Bunko brand with LN cover and illustrations in tact and new artwork for the 3 new volume...

There just no need to have a series to go through this much change in one setting...
I think the changes are so that they could target international markets.

The detailed discussion for it is in there:

http://gargarstegosaurus.wordpress.c...el-in-america/

But basically, the author of that blog thinks that Light Novels can be marketed in the US market much better as separate type of books, instead of the usual marketing scheme that associate them with mangas. To go that, the first step is indeed to remove all manga-esque illustration from the book, as that would dishearten the US book readers
M.A.D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-07, 03:57   Link #76
Miles Teg

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.A.D View Post
I think the changes are so that they could target international markets.

The detailed discussion for it is in there:

http://gargarstegosaurus.wordpress.c...el-in-america/

But basically, the author of that blog thinks that Light Novels can be marketed in the US market much better as separate type of books, instead of the usual marketing scheme that associate them with mangas. To go that, the first step is indeed to remove all manga-esque illustration from the book, as that would dishearten the US book readers
That has been tried in France by Hachette with Suzumiya Haruhi no yûutsu and the result is that the second novel will never been released

What has happened is that Hachette has decided to first released a version without the illustration and a new jacket to touch a bigger public and later if the first edition did well a "full" edition. But the fan have simply said they will wait for the second edition and have been vocal about that, and the "larger" public was simply not big enough
Miles Teg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-07, 06:48   Link #77
M.A.D

I see... too bad, then. It sounded like it would work, too.
M.A.D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-28, 14:27   Link #78
Fnights
Yoku dekimashita!

So, if someone has read novels till the end (if is ended), what's the difference between anime ending and novel ending? I'm just curious.
Fnights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-07, 17:05   Link #79
Evil_Sephiroth

Send a message via MSN to Evil_Sephiroth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fnights View Post
So, if someone has read novels till the end (if is ended), what's the difference between anime ending and novel ending? I'm just curious.
me too^^ anyone?
Old 2011-08-13, 22:34   Link #80
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Chapter 5 of the manga series has been translated!

Sauville's Police Department has started a search to retrieve the items stolen by Maxim, including those stored inside Saint Marguerite Academy. Kazuya, caught wind of the case twice: the first time while visiting Victorique at the library tower, and the second when Avril Bradley tells him of a ghost story related to the case.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
light novels, romance, shounen