AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-07-05, 05:05   Link #401
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Oh i like this quite a bit. Madhouse certainly deliver with high production, and it's classic Tetsurou Araki (especially that OP). Plus you really can't go wrong with looking girls, decent fanservice and a good amount of gore. I'm sold. & yeah the score so far really fits.

Was tempted to start reading the manga after this first episode, though i'll stick with this just for now. Madhouse seem to deliver anyway.
Old 2010-07-05, 05:08   Link #402
Francismeunier
Banned

Thumbs up

Holy shit I am like O_O Especially at Hisashi becoming a zombie at the end and Takahashi killing him. Rei dumping him and getting this is a kind of what goes around comes around......like steal my love and you die kind of thing.

I don't know where to start....blood gushing....like in the movies of this type. Ecchi is not like in the movies at all so no need for that although the ecchi around the bites and blood gushing is ok but generally I would think it ruins it. I mean sex + zombies does = good but more unique since it's Japanese anime. Wait till I do some of the GIFs.

Wow so many people dead in the first episode......Hayashi sensei, Tejima, Misuzu, Toshimi.....WTF literally......I know all about zombie movies but still a WTF expression. Generally really good and can't wait to see Hirano in action with nail gun! and of course when he gets better weapon also the Kendo girl too and this=>

Revolver! Just wow for a Japanese anime zombie thing. The most recent amazing thing was Shikabane Hime I saw that was incredible not too long ago.
BTW for manga readers PM me if there are sex scenes or nudity in the future of this series.
Francismeunier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-05, 05:18   Link #403
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
Quote:
Originally Posted by Francismeunier View Post
Revolver! Just wow for a Japanese anime zombie thing. The most recent amazing thing was Shikabane Hime I saw that was incredible not too long ago.
BTW for manga readers PM me if there are sex scenes or nudity in the future of this series.
If you're impressed by a revolver wait until they introduce the SRT Officer and her stash of weapons.

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."
grylsyjaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-05, 05:23   Link #404
Francismeunier
Banned

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by fallschirmjager View Post
If you're impressed by a revolver wait until they introduce the SRT Officer and her stash of weapons.
Yes! PM right now the manga page direct link just to take a peek! So far we do have not bad for weapons....baseball bat, Kendo wooden sword, pole stick with spike. Hoping for machine gun like in OP of 7.62mm.......sniper rifle........flame thrower........grenades.......shotguns of all types and maybe even that heavy machine gun on the jeep.
Francismeunier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-05, 05:36   Link #405
shades_of_blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamingxashley View Post
If they dont screw up the story or totally destroy the series with crappy animation or acting, then I will love it as much as the manga.

Still not sure why I fangirl over the manga... but I do love it. hehe
With Madhouse handling it, it should turn out pretty good. Thou if the series does not get a lot of sponsorship, expect the later episodes to suffer, on the animation side. They've still a small production company, only so much they can do before going in the red.
shades_of_blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-05, 05:40   Link #406
Preacher

And then we try to convince someone its more then just sex and violence we are looking for in our anime and movies...

Should be a theme song of the show: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xrHFknW-i64 Waiting for first AMVs.
Old 2010-07-05, 05:52   Link #407
gonzo562

haha i cant believe he bitch slapped her.
gonzo562 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-05, 06:48   Link #408
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
FINALLYYYY! HAHAHA!!!

Now this is what I call a story! Absolutely brilliant start so far! I have to say that this is hands down my favourite series right now and hope it continues to stick closely to the manga and I hope they don't invent some original ending since the manga isn't anywhere close to ending but fingers crossed there

But for now, HURRAY!!! XD

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-05, 06:54   Link #409
Preacher

Good anime, really well done, really interesting. Too bad the source material isnt really that awesome - but thats how´d Battle Royale would have looked if it ever was made into Anime.

Last edited by Preacher; 2010-07-05 at 07:05.
Preacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-05, 07:01   Link #410
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab

Gorgeous job of adapting the manga (I'm talking about the girls of course).

edit: Alicia! That's why I like Rei's voice so much
ID555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-05, 07:15   Link #411
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab

Somehow, I really welcome the fanservice, not only because the art style is unique and the girls look great, but it makes a nice contrast with all the gore in this show.
ID555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-05, 07:21   Link #412
lesengirz
Detective

By no means i was triying to be sarcastic or anything, it was more like a stright question, because i don't remember very well the very first episodes of the manga, due that the scanlaters (Xamayon i think) Ware really slow at scanlating it, and eventually i stopped reading it.

I think i left where

Spoiler:
lesengirz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-05, 07:22   Link #413
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
Quote:
Originally Posted by ID555 View Post
Gorgeous job of adapting the manga (I'm talking about the girls of course).

edit: Alicia! That's why I like Rei's voice so much
Yeah, Inoue Marina. I don't mind her voice after Valkyria Chronicles and some of her music from the Ginban Kaleidoscope OST.

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."
grylsyjaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-05, 07:32   Link #414
Nina.Wolken
~~N/F~~

Wonderful start is wonderful. I'm so glad they did (well, so far) such a good job at adapting the manga.
I was getting sceptic about this season but HSotD proves that I can keep faith in anime ~('∇'*).
Old 2010-07-05, 07:33   Link #415
TooPurePureBoy
Socially Inept

Wow. First anime in a while that I've actually been excited over. Hope they keep this level of quality throughout...but that's probably asking too much. Hell of a first episode though.
Old 2010-07-05, 07:45   Link #416
TyG3R

Oh.. God , this is so great. Left me speechless.Just episode 1 , and i want more !

So intense , and so good. I knew if Madhouse will do this , it will be good.
Old 2010-07-05, 08:15   Link #417
bite_the_bullet
Biting bullets hurts Xo

Just watched the first episode and I was so right to think this would be awesome. So much violence, gore and oddly placed ass shots (can tell the creators like a lot a ass) Glad that i have a gorey series to watch and not just comedy.
Thumbs up
bite_the_bullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-05, 08:26   Link #418
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Zombies, titties, and panties. That pretty much sums up the first episode.

That was an impressive start. High production values, chara design very faithful to the manga, and great voice cast. The music was damn good as well, I just love the ending song. Having read the manga, I knew what to expect, but the amount of panty shots was still surprising. It's been a while since I saw that much in a single episode... actually, it may even be the first time.

PS: I had forgotten how unlikable Takashi and Rei were at the start...
Old 2010-07-05, 08:40   Link #419
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
Hm, I have my adventure fix, dirty joke comedy fix, romance fix, just missing something with great action. Glad I found something to look forward to every week.
Mizuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-05, 08:50   Link #420
dreamingxashley
K-ON Fangirl

Holy hell in a handbasket! lol I just saw the first ep... and it surpassed the manga in every way... they even had screwy camera angles! Which I think they simulated in the manga.

Takashi's voice was a bit deeper than I was expecting, but Rei pretty much sounded like I thought she would.

Cant wait to see another ep! Oh, and the end song was great! The OP not so much.

Tags
action, boobs, ecchi, harem, horror, romance, seinen, shounen, zombie apocalypse