AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-03-09, 11:41   Link #1
marvelB

One Piece - Chapter 577 (manga)

Welcome to the weekly manga discussion thread for One Piece.

Thread Guidelines
  • One Piece is licensed by Viz, please don't ask for or mention where to find or download the manga.
  • Please do not discuss scanlations, translation groups, etc., etc.
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Discuss your expectations of the chapter if it has not been published yet.
  • Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome).
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
  • Spoilers will not be policed in this thread, so if you haven't read the chapter yet, just stay out if you don't want to read spoilers.
Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This includes images, scripts and direct translations of the manga. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK (only if you need to illustrate your point) but this is it.

It's-a spoiler time, folks! Of course, credit goes to aohige for translating Nja's summary:

-Blackbeard covers up Whitebeard's corpse in his darkness. After he releases him, it's revealed that he somehow stole the legendary pirate's Gura Gura fruit ability! He then tells the marines that he'll give them a great show, and immobilizes them with his darkness. He then uses his newly stolen power to further mess up the marine HQ. The marines are confused as to how Blackbeard is able to use Whitebeard's power. Marco assumes that it became possible for Blackbeard to possess two powers because he already had such an unusual fruit to begin with.....

-Akainu is revealed to have recovered from Whitebeard's assault. He climbs out of the fissure towards Jinbei, and tells the former Shichibukai one last time to leave behind Luffy. Jinbei says he'll protect the rookie with his life. Iva appears soon afterward, and proceeds to blast away the admiral with a Death Wink (lol ). Buggy is also shown running away crying because he was robbed of the opportunity to take Whitebeard's head for himself, but also admits that he was too scared of the old man to actually commit the deed (again, lol ). It also seems that Aokiji froze the sea to prevent the pirates from escaping......

-Now that he has the powers of both the Yami Yami and Gura Gura fruits, Blackbeard considers himself to be invincible. He then declares war on the World Government, and says that the new age belongs to HIM, now......

Wow, this is some crazy stuff, here! I never would've guessed that Blackbeard could pull a Mega Man/Kirby with his DF power! I guess it's pretty much required for the user to be dead for their powers to be put up for grabs, though. I wonder if this means that Teach will set his sights on Ace, as well.....?

And man, Akainu reappearing only for him to get owned by Iva is hilarious. And while poor ol' Buggy didn't get to take Newgate's head for himself, I'm sure he'll get his moment in the sun soon enough (and of course, he'll still have a rather sizeable bounty coming his way regardless of whatever happens next). Man, I sure can't wait for those pictures to come out.....
Old 2010-03-09, 11:52   Link #2
andy

Blackbeard D Kuma where are you lol.

Man WTF at BB he is now a super monster and he really did shock the world , man i need this chapter now.
Old 2010-03-09, 11:57   Link #3
marvelB

So.... if Blackbeard=Mega Man, then Vegapunk=Dr. Wily? Maybe he even has a team of 8 super Pacifistas lying in wait inside his giant skull fortress of doom!
Old 2010-03-09, 12:02   Link #4
Cub-Sama
Member of DOLLARS
*Artist

Yay One Piece has redeemed the big 3 shonen mangas once again, btw anyone I argued with about Blackbeard's strength/powers I am sorry

This is guy is freaking Kirby and as we all know Kirby is a walking cotton candy ball of doom and destruction nothing that sees the inside of his stomach comes out...they say inside his stomach lies the 8th hell worse than all 7 realms of hell combined and upon coming out you are transformed into a star and killed. Who would've thought Kirby had a twin brother but the fact that Kirby's name is Marshall D. Kirby was a giveaway

We are DOLLARS, credit for sig goes to CMHerrera-chan
Old 2010-03-09, 12:11   Link #5
ArabianLuffy
One King One Legend

OK someone please tell me..

Is it Teach's ability to absorb others ability and use them so he can use 2 abilities?

or just because WB is dead the DF regrow.. if Teach can take others ability, can he take them from users while they are alive?
Old 2010-03-09, 12:13   Link #6
Cub-Sama
Member of DOLLARS
*Artist

I think since there can only be one of an ability in the world at any one time when the user dies it is up for grabs and BB has the ability to absorb it.

We are DOLLARS, credit for sig goes to CMHerrera-chan
Old 2010-03-09, 12:17   Link #7
John D.

I really like this development for Blackbeard (initially back when he explained his fruit's powers to Ace and said he had the power to absorb the devil fruit of those he touched, I thought this was what he meant (but well, as the fight progressed and Ace still had his powers I thought I was wrong ^)). It is ironic that Blackbeard once expressed contempt for devil fruit users who relied on their fruit powers yet now it seems he'll be the one who relies the most on his devil fruit(s).
I do wonder though, how many devil fruit can his abnormal fruit harbour? Since it was explained that if you eat two fruits the devil's inside you come into conflict, I guess his Yami fruit somehow contains the conflict (or maybe Yami is the "superior" fruit and imtimidate the "lesser" devil fruit(s) so there is no conflict^).

Blackbeard for president...
Old 2010-03-09, 12:23   Link #8
John D.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArabianLuffy View Post
OK someone please tell me..

Is it Teach's ability to absorb others ability and use them so he can use 2 abilities?

or just because WB is dead the DF regrow.. if Teach can take others ability, can he take them from users while they are alive?
It's most likely that he can absorb devil fruits from a dead body. Something like that the devil fruit powers doesn't immediatly leave Whitebeard after he has bit the dust, but linger in the dead body. Not bound to the body and about to leave the corspe, and it's possible for Blackbeard to absorb the devil fruit in that moment.
That's what I deduce (guess) from the spoilers atleast.

If it's the first alternative (that he can absorb anyones DF whenever he wants) there'd be no reason for him not to have absorbed Ace's Fire fruit (unless Blackbeard can just absorb one additional DF).
Old 2010-03-09, 12:27   Link #9
ArabianLuffy
One King One Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cub-Sama View Post
I think since there can only be one of an ability in the world at any one time when the user dies it is up for grabs and BB has the ability to absorb it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by John D. View Post
It's most likely that he can absorb devil fruits from a dead body. Something like that the devil fruit powers doesn't immediatly leave Whitebeard after he has bit the dust, but linger in the dead body. Not bound to the body and about to leave the corspe, and it's possible for Blackbeard to absorb the devil fruit in that moment.
That's what I deduce (guess) from the spoilers atleast.

If it's the first alternative (that he can absorb anyones DF whenever he wants) there'd be no reason for him not to have absorbed Ace's Fire fruit (unless Blackbeard can just absorb one additional DF).

Well, if he can use 3, 4, 5 to unlimited DF, then I'll say for him go ahead and do it. Take all DF users' abilities.

To imagine Luffy gonna fight someone with multiple DFs I felt that is gonna come someday, but never though BB would be able to do that. Yami fruit is a DAMN fruit.

For now I can sure you that it's too~ early for Luffy to fight BB, and Shouhaku haki is NOT enough. They're gonna fight in New World.

Speaking of time skip I can't wait xD
Old 2010-03-09, 12:28   Link #10
james0246

LOL, I remember mentioning on KF years ago that Blackbeard might have the power to absorb other DF abilities, and I was mocked relentlessly, but take that KF! I was right and you'll were wrong .
Old 2010-03-09, 12:28   Link #11
shankss
CP10

This fruit is weirdly special.I even think that it may be the mother of all devil fruits around.No other has such unique moves.Whatever forged those things must've really wanted darkness to counter/own others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by John D. View Post
I do wonder though, how many devil fruit his abnormal fruit can harbour? Since it was explained that if you eat two fruits the devil's inside you come into conflict, I guess his Yami fruit somehow contains the conflict (or maybe Yami is the "superior" fruit and imtimidate the "lesser" devil fruit(s) so there is no conflict^).
Oda doesnt like god modes in his manga (using rubber on lighting , now allowing BB to get full vortex logia body, owning light with haki and making akainu hit-able even in logia form without any payback) He will surely limit it with two powers at max.Darkness Earthquake Leopard would be awesome though

Still there is a possibility.Draining/absorbing is this devil fruits main purpose after all.
Old 2010-03-09, 12:29   Link #12
ZeroForever

I agree with what john D said, otherwise there would be no reason why he didn't take aces power before handing over to the WG.
Old 2010-03-09, 12:32   Link #13
marvelB

Heh, if Blackbeard ends up stealing one more DF power, then I can safely say that he's officially become as broken as a Jojo villain..... especially if that power ends up being a time-based one.
Old 2010-03-09, 12:36   Link #14
John D.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Heh, if Blackbeard ends up stealing one more DF power....
If our champion for the dark can absorb more devil fruits I cross my fingers and hope Alvida's fruit will be the one...
Old 2010-03-09, 12:38   Link #15
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Heh, if Blackbeard ends up stealing one more DF power, then I can safely say that he's officially become as broken as a Jojo villain..... especially if that power ends up being a time-based one.
Don't worry, Luffy can stretch through time and space...

Honestly, this could be Oda's way of making Luffy the only person who could fight Blackbeard. Specifically, we already know that physical force is about 99% ineffective against Luffy, so the Gura Gura need not hurt Luffy like it does others. Consequently, Luffy could be the only person able to combat Blackbeard.
Old 2010-03-09, 12:45   Link #16
andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Don't worry, Luffy can stretch through time and space...

Honestly, this could be Oda's way of making Luffy the only person who could fight Blackbeard. Specifically, we already know that physical force is about 99% ineffective against Luffy, so the Gura Gura need not hurt Luffy like it does others. Consequently, Luffy could be the only person able to combat Blackbeard.
Ahh james but you seem to forget if BB can get a hold of Luffy take away his rubber power then hit him with his quake power luffy is in for a world of hurt .
Old 2010-03-09, 12:48   Link #17
Rawrz
Redbeard Has Blood Logia!

Spoiler for Blackbeard's Ultimate Plan:
Old 2010-03-09, 13:03   Link #18
John D.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy View Post
Ahh james but you seem to forget if BB can get a hold of Luffy take away his rubber power then hit him with his quake power luffy is in for a world of hurt .
The three admirals had a scene at the beginning of the war where they "blocked" Whitebeard's earthquake so it didn't effect the platform. It wasn't explained, but the explanation that sprang to my mind was that they used Haki to nullify the quake. Since Luffy possess Haōshoku Haki he may very well be able to block these quakes in the future. An assumption based on a speculation doesn't make a very solid argument but I stand by it.

While Blackbeard with his newly aquired quake powers makes him a more formidable foe to face, I don't think he can handle Admirals and Yonkous just yet. He still needs some polish and room to improve, as Blackbeard himself handily pointed out to Ace, DF powers is not all there is to fighting.
Old 2010-03-09, 13:05   Link #19
ZeroForever

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy View Post
honestly I expect there to be a restriction like he can't actively use both/multiple abilities at the same time. I guess we will see though but this easily sets him up as final villian material.
Old 2010-03-09, 13:13   Link #20
andy

Well i always saw BB as the final villain he is the anti luffy in ever way .
Closed Thread