AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2014-11-08, 20:04   Link #2561
Ravagerblade
The Fearless

This might not be speculation or theories, but simply a question that I don't know was ever answered.
If the Misaka Network connects the Sisters brain waves together and they can basically read their own minds why does it not work with Misaka the Original? Does the Will not allow it? or even though they're clones they're on different wavelength's? or because that something that is causing this is because the power lvl difference between the Sisters and Misaka?

“No, I don’t get it at all. I may claim to ‘understand’ Othinus, but I only know her as a girl. I don’t understand anything when it comes to her being a Magic God.” - Touma NT13
Ravagerblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-08, 20:33   Link #2562
LazyHunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravagerblade View Post
This might not be speculation or theories, but simply a question that I don't know was ever answered.
If the Misaka Network connects the Sisters brain waves together and they can basically read their own minds why does it not work with Misaka the Original? Does the Will not allow it? or even though they're clones they're on different wavelength's? or because that something that is causing this is because the power lvl difference between the Sisters and Misaka?
Going by the Railgun Daihaseisai arc Mikoto can link with the Network. She probably would be able to join the Network and share her memories if she wanted but doesn't see a reason to do so.
LazyHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-08, 20:55   Link #2563
Miraluka
Banned

She needed to be tuned first by Gensei, isn't like she can just because she wants to.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-10, 11:56   Link #2564
Doom_Paperclip
lethal office stationery

Basically the Misaka network works because all the Sisters have identical brainwaves, something that in real life not even identical twins can share. Mikoto may be the original, but her brainwaves are normally out of sync with the network, making it impossible for her to access it unless adjustments are made first.
Old 2014-12-10, 21:38   Link #2565
allfictions
Of Infinite Resignation

I had a lot of free time and a free Internet connection, so I decided to waste it by making a blog post on the ToAru wiki that might or might not be relevant to this thread.

Feel free to tell me what I've done wrong
This is nine! Nine! This is nine! Nine! This is ten! Ten! We have killed your friends! Every friend is now dead! This is six! Six! ... Eighteen! This is now eighteen! Take cover when the siren sounds! This is four! Four! ... Five! This is five! Ignore the siren! Even if you leave this room, you can never leave this room! Eight! This is eight! ... Six, this is six. This is goddamn fucking six!
allfictions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-10, 23:22   Link #2566
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by allfictions View Post
I had a lot of free time and a free Internet connection, so I decided to waste it by making a blog post on the ToAru wiki that might or might not be relevant to this thread.

Feel free to tell me what I've done wrong
Lol, I'll read it more in depth later... but what I think for starters is that you have too much free time.

Favorite Game Series: #0 The legend of heroes (everything but especially ZERO/AO) #1 Zero escape series. #2 Persona series. #3 Pokemon. #4 Bravely Default series. ; #5 Ace Attorney (including the spin-offs); #6 Legend of Zelda. #7 Dragon Quest (including the spin-offs)

Favorite Anime: Castle in the Sky (why is this so underrated ) Gankutsuou; Railgun S; Little Witch Academia (one of the most philosophically interesting/deep shows that I've seen, while also being the single most feel good of feel good shows that I have ever seen; literally the weirdest combination ever); Kill la Kill (because it saved anime )
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-11, 04:26   Link #2567
dragon1412

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravagerblade View Post
thinks of computer encoding, it's possible for Misaka to intercept the network but all she get is a bunch of incoherent data, the Sister brainwave in this case would be the decoder, so Mikoto would need to be tuned to have this decoder.
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-11, 07:24   Link #2568
Inept Forum User

Few questions:
  • Regarding Mental Out, would people say that it being only usable against humans is inherent (in its principle/mechanism), an information threshold or an imposed boundary?
  • There isn't much information on this, but would it be reasonable to consider the currently unseen Fool to World combination operating on a similar 'table'-based mechanism to the seen Suit of Swords combination a possibility? (Speaking of that mechanism, how much do people reckon it could be played with without compromising it?)

Last edited by Inept Forum User; 2014-12-11 at 08:06. Reason: Trying to clarify.
Inept Forum User is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-11, 07:59   Link #2569
Apoptosis
Am I useful yet, guys?

Mental Out can manipulate humans because she understands the way the human mind works both physically and biologically (well, she understands enough). Maybe if she could literally get into the mindset of, say, a dog, and learn the biology behind it then she might be able to manipulate one. It seems like her powers still have a lot of potential to become even stronger.
Apoptosis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-12, 10:01   Link #2570
LevelSeven

since there is not much to talk about:

since rensa showed the ability to use IB (even incomplete), could it be possible for a different version to use IB if it is only created for that purpose?

i mean, a cyborh who was only specialized for esper powers used IB, it had a backslash but it doesnt seem to far away to assume that a cyborg created for the only prupose of using IB would be able to use it (maybe exploding after a certain time limit :/ )

what do the others think?
LevelSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-14, 08:44   Link #2571
Doom_Paperclip
lethal office stationery

^Honestly, I do not believe it's possible. The Novel makes it quite clear that one of the fundamental rules of IB is that there can only be one IB. No matter how you try to steal or copy it, you will lose it in the end. Fiamma managed to hold on to it for a while because he stole Touma's actual arm, but Rensa, who was merely imitating Touma's body structure, fared a lot worse. This doesn't seem to be a problem that can be circumvented even with AC's current technology.

Besides, IB seems to be quite important to Aleister's plans. If it were possible to draw that power into another container, one more easily controlled than Touma, don't you think he would have done it by now?
Old 2014-12-18, 10:20   Link #2572
LevelSeven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doom_Paperclip View Post
^Honestly, I do not believe it's possible. The Novel makes it quite clear that one of the fundamental rules of IB is that there can only be one IB. No matter how you try to steal or copy it, you will lose it in the end.
was this said in a volume or is it a "mostlikely this is it" which fas concluded out of the shown stuff

Quote:
Fiamma managed to hold on to it for a while because he stole Touma's actual arm, but Rensa, who was merely imitating Touma's body structure, fared a lot worse.
but this was a rensa who had been created for esper powers, if they adjust her with the information they have it doesnt seem so impossible...

Quote:
This doesn't seem to be a problem that can be circumvented even with AC's current technology.
since rensa managed it (even if it ultimatively resulted in a failure) im not so sure...

Quote:
Besides, IB seems to be quite important to Aleister's plans. If it were possible to draw that power into another container, one more easily controlled than Touma, don't you think he would have done it by now?
rensa did it in NT7, for the first time, it is like, "finding out gravtiy exists", it was there the whole time but nobody "saw" it

and a different question regrading misakis powers: she is now a aquakinetic esper right?
Old 2014-12-18, 12:51   Link #2573
allfictions
Of Infinite Resignation

Quote:
Originally Posted by LevelSeven View Post
was this said in a volume or is it a "mostlikely this is it" which fas concluded out of the shown stuff
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volume 22 Chapter 10 Part 3
Even then, Fiamma had the Imagine Breaker arm inside his body after having disassembled it. However, he could tell the shining power was gradually fading from the flesh and blood he had acquired. It was such a unique power that two of it could not exist within the same world. The scene made Fiamma think that such a rule must exist. And that rule might also have been that the true power could only reside within the right arm if it was attached to the boy known as Kamijou Touma.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NT4 Chapter 37 Profound Destruction
“World War 3 was started by a man who held the power to save the world. He had the power to save the world, but could not save the world without a right hand to output that power into the world. That was why he used various methods to obtain that special right hand. That’s right. You cut off the right hand that only one of can exist in the world.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NT4 Chapter 37 Profound Destruction
“It was the same when I did it. That is the proof that the current generation Imagine Breaker is still attached to him. There is meaning in that right hand belonging to him. To put it one way, the right hand is only the right hand when it is growing from his right shoulder.
That's...should be common knowledge by now.
This is nine! Nine! This is nine! Nine! This is ten! Ten! We have killed your friends! Every friend is now dead! This is six! Six! ... Eighteen! This is now eighteen! Take cover when the siren sounds! This is four! Four! ... Five! This is five! Ignore the siren! Even if you leave this room, you can never leave this room! Eight! This is eight! ... Six, this is six. This is goddamn fucking six!
allfictions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-18, 14:05   Link #2574
LevelSeven

Quote:
Originally Posted by allfictions View Post
That's...should be common knowledge by now.
thanks, i only wondered if it was explicity stated... seems legit

and... why does nobody answer my question if misaki is now a aquakinetic esper?
Old 2014-12-18, 15:08   Link #2575
dazo
english for dummies 2 ed.

Quote:
since rensa managed it (even if it ultimatively resulted in a failure) im not so sure...
even if the novel say that "he right hand is only the right hand when it is growing from his right shoulder.”"

don't fall in despair, because science can make a very very costly prototype of ib, that work for limited time and with a 25% of efficiency called anti magic suit

never forget that science can do it

Quote:
why does nobody answer my question if misaki is now a aquakinetic esper?
because it hurt our feelings..
.. moisture control sound so ..pff

Last edited by dazo; 2014-12-18 at 15:20.
dazo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-19, 05:59   Link #2576
LevelSeven

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazo View Post
even if the novel say that "he right hand is only the right hand when it is growing from his right shoulder.”"

don't fall in despair, because science can make a very very costly prototype of ib, that work for limited time and with a 25% of efficiency called anti magic suit
i highly doubt hat the one shown in NT11 is somethingt like that, exspecially since it affected water, a copmpletly normal thing :/

Quote:
never forget that science can do it
agree

Quote:
because it hurt our feelings..
.. moisture control sound so ..pff
i know what you mean, to be honest i dont really understand they reason why kamachi bothered to make her powers so strange :/ a electromaster specialized in bio electric control makes much more sense :/ despite being techno-babble it wasnt so obvious...
Old 2014-12-19, 15:26   Link #2577
dazo
english for dummies 2 ed.

Quote:
i highly doubt hat the one shown in NT11 is somethingt like that, exspecially since it affected water, a copmpletly normal thing :/
agree

but, who know..maybe ib power at the 50%(or less) can affect normal things...because, we don't know the real power of that thing ...neither touma tried to learn more about his power...

i still dream think that ib/it(add here touma power) can affect kill normal life if its "unlocked"
*if not..such a incomplete power*
Old 2014-12-20, 06:25   Link #2578
Draco Spirit

Anyone ever considered what Accelerators power progression might be? He's obviously the sort of hero who's power increases as the story progress, but the question is whats next?

So far we've had black wings (negative emotion) and white wings (positive emotion), and Accelerator seems to have settled on being anti-hero of sorts, so the question is were next?
Draco Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-20, 08:25   Link #2579
Apoptosis
Am I useful yet, guys?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draco Spirit View Post
Anyone ever considered what Accelerators power progression might be? He's obviously the sort of hero who's power increases as the story progress, but the question is whats next?

So far we've had black wings (negative emotion) and white wings (positive emotion), and Accelerator seems to have settled on being anti-hero of sorts, so the question is were next?
He'll have red wings, because he'll be PMSing between different emotions.
Apoptosis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-20, 08:36   Link #2580
LevelSeven

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazo View Post
but, who know..maybe ib power at the 50%(or less) can affect normal things...because, we don't know the real power of that thing ...neither touma tried to learn more about his power...
mmmhhhhh, i doubt that IB could really expand to affect natural things :/

Quote:
i still dream think that ib/it(add here touma power) can affect kill normal life if its "unlocked"
*if not..such a incomplete power*
i dont want to destroy your dreams but you know that we are talking about toaru right? exspecially about the MC who cant see tragic things gaining a deadly power sounds impossible

@draco
Quote:
losing his normal body and transforming it slowly into a dark matter one which is his "vessel" for turning into a being of a different plane of existence

Quote:
i think the halo will come, alongside with body changing like kakine.... pretty much what happened to mikoto-lvl5.5, but only slower, stronger, and much more epic oh and much much more "inexplicable force"

Tags
hard science