AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Midori no Hibi

Notices

Old 2004-04-05, 23:19   Link #61
snoopy
SnoopyCool.com

*Finally got it from a friend in IRC*

There are no technical problems, per se. But the translation quality is obvious to anyone that watches it. You don't have to know Japanese to know when people are talking and there's no english on the bottom of the screen. Also, there were mistranslations splattered across the episode in a very strange way. I mean, they'll word something very well one second and then completely mistranslate something like a minute later. It's like they had multiple translators and one didn't know what he was doing. They skipped the baseball/dating analogy, they mistranslated the talking tits joke to make it not a joke at all and have nothing to do with tits, they erased Shiori's joke entirely if you went with nothing but the subs ("Kore dekita? *points at little finger*" translated as "Hey look at this!"? ... What...?)... so while it doesn't fall into the 'terrible ala classic AnimeJunkies subs' category, it's still none too good in my personal opinion.
snoopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-06, 00:57   Link #62
SiL Eighty
Lateral G's

Send a message via AIM to SiL Eighty
Hmm... I think I will wait till another groups subs it than considering the opinions of most ppl in here. The only speed subber I watch is Bakasan just cuz I usually cant wait till friday or saturday.
SiL Eighty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-06, 01:06   Link #63
Iskandar Taib

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa
At least you don't have to worry about a lot of panty-shots since Midori doesn't wear panties.
BWAHAHAHA...

That was a good one. Downloading the first episode now, and I've been reading the manga for a couple weeks (ever since the previews showed up).
Iskandar Taib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-06, 01:31   Link #64
KoroshiyaX
X

This reminds me of those fansubs that were done from the pre-timed korean scripts ^_^
KoroshiyaX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-06, 04:15   Link #65
Secca
nya`
*Artist

Which group is working on Midori no Hibi?
Secca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-06, 05:45   Link #66
K_R
also known as K!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secca
Which group is working on Midori no Hibi?
Going by those that have done the promo:
A-E
Seichi
U-F
Froth-Bite

Add in ^_^, and I think Triad mentioned they will be doing this as well.

--

And a quick plug for Seichi: We have two native speakers helping to translate :D
K_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-06, 12:59   Link #67
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

this show keeps reminds me of Parasyte... guess I just can't get the "right hand" off my mind
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-06, 17:21   Link #68
ChibiDusk
Back From The Dead?

Hurrah to Anime-Empire for releasing the first episode!
Get it now!
ChibiDusk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-06, 17:28   Link #69
bobofet
Blue Pheasant

I'm sorry but Seiji is a complete ripoff of Sakuragi Hanamichi from SLAM DUNK. I mean exactly the same personality, exactly the same situation with delinquency, exactly the same girlfriendless situation, good lord........
bobofet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-06, 17:45   Link #70
snoopy
SnoopyCool.com

Oh my. There's a comparison I've never heard before, never expected, and don't agree with. Hanamichi's a 'ripoff' of any steriotypical delinquent with a good heart. They've been main characters for over 25 years. Midori's a 'ripoff' of any bubbly happy cute chick except for that whole hand thing. Naruto's a ripoff of countless braindead heroes capable of doing anything if they set their mind to it. There are no original characters anymore, just original stories.
snoopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-06, 18:25   Link #71
Muir Woods
Disheartened and Retired

You know who Seiji reminds me of? A combination of Genzo in Tenshi na Konamaiki, and Tomonori Iwaki of Rizelmine. Seiji's got the fighting power of Genzo, and the attitute toward the girl of Tomonori. But snoopy said what I wanted to say...

Getting A-E subs right now...
Muir Woods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-06, 20:19   Link #72
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

I liked the episode overall, but based on what I remember of the manga, they seem to be rushing this series a bit. I mean seriously, they hit some points in the anime that just blew my mind. Not about how they were done, because they were kept fairly true to the manga, at least from what I saw. What got me was how fast they seemed to blow through manga chapters in just this first episode. If this anime is supposed to go the full length of the anime, then heaven help us because it's gonna overtake the manga real darned quick as it is now.
Lord Raiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-06, 20:54   Link #73
Breogan
Umeboshi

Episode 1 only covers chapter 1 and a couple of pages of the 2nd chapter.
That's not exactly a lot for a single episode...
Breogan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-06, 21:22   Link #74
Seiryuu

Since I've heard some concern about "bathroom humor", I'll say this. I've read a few volumes, and I've only caught two bad parts: one, the realization that Midori must eliminate straight through Seiji(that is, the same blood vessels flow through both, so his waste disposal mechanisms take care of both) The only other thing is that right-handed Seiji has a little trouble handling his zipper with his left hand, and Midori is just a little over-eager to help her beloved out of ANY jam. Otherwise, it's not too bad.
As for plot, I have high hopes. There have been many hints and clues in what I've read of the manga, so I'm looking forward to seeing it. Keep up the seeds!
Seiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-06, 21:47   Link #75
Bullsquat
Strange Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muir Woods
You know who Seiji reminds me of? A combination of Genzo in Tenshi na Konamaiki, and Tomonori Iwaki of Rizelmine. Seiji's got the fighting power of Genzo, and the attitute toward the girl of Tomonori. But snoopy said what I wanted to say...

Getting A-E subs right now...
I dunno about Iwaki, but unlike Genzo and Hanamichi, Seiji has the heart of a gentleman. It doesn't show yet. It's only the first episode afterall.
Bullsquat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-06, 23:27   Link #76
lynne_huang

I thought the 1st episode was really funny! And yes, I agree that Seiji's quite the gentleman and I can't wait to see how this anime series is going to turn out. Very high expectations after reading the manga translated by snoopy. <thanks! =)>
lynne_huang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-07, 01:05   Link #77
Wandering_Youth
lost in wonder forever...

I look forward to the rest of this anime since the first episode was quite amusing and it left a good impression.
Old 2004-04-07, 03:02   Link #78
Tommy
Mr. Prince

This show is awesome. I mean what other show do you know of where a chick turns into a guys hand.
Tommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-07, 03:35   Link #79
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

As I've said in other boards:

The ideal girlfriend is your right hand......quite literally.

I think this'll turn out good, if people get over the whole girl on right hand thing first.
Old 2004-04-07, 03:40   Link #80
Mignon
True, true

Send a message via ICQ to Mignon
Yes, this one looks very good i liked especially those rotating effects when they went too see Midoris home. I'm not sure is this asked but how many episodes there will be? Traditional 24 - 26?
Mignon is offline   Reply With Quote