AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-07-30, 13:18   Link #121
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

We know there will be at least 7 episodes. However, there is nothing that testify Ryukishi will use the same pattern. Especially that Higurashi wasn't using a "solution for each arc". You had solutions for Watanagashi, Onikakushi, then blunt answers and then the resolution.

So there is nothing that prevent him to do it with only 7, or more than 8.
Old 2009-07-30, 13:23   Link #122
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
We know there will be at least 7 episodes. However, there is nothing that testify Ryukishi will use the same pattern. Especially that Higurashi wasn't using a "solution for each arc". You had solutions for Watanagashi, Onikakushi, then blunt answers and then the resolution.

So there is nothing that prevent him to do it with only 7, or more than 8.
Ohhh boy. That means it's probably gonna be a while till i see my anime adaption of the solutions :'(. Maybe they'll start it a year and a half later from now? Like christmas of 2010, or somewhere beginning of 2011 >.< that is such a long wait oH Em GEEEE
Old 2009-07-30, 13:25   Link #123
momobunny
◔ ◡ ◔
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by miroku2192 View Post
Ohhh boy. That means it's probably gonna be a while till i see my anime adaption of the solutions :'(. Maybe they'll start it a year and a half later from now? Like christmas of 2010, or somewhere beginning of 2011 >.< that is such a long wait oH Em GEEEE
The original series should be over around the end of 2010... so 2011 is probably the earliest we can expect an animated Umineko no Naku Koro ni Chiru.

Old 2009-07-30, 13:34   Link #124
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maho Momo View Post
The original series should be over around the end of 2010... so 2011 is probably the earliest we can expect an animated Umineko no Naku Koro ni Chiru.
Around the end of 2010? You mean the VN right? Can't they technically begin the umineko no naku koro ni chiru before the last VN gets published? By the time we reach the "last arc", the last arc will ahve already come out a long time.

Idk it's just wishful thinking, i hope they don't push it back too far. But jeez...i'll be so oldddd !
Old 2009-07-30, 13:35   Link #125
X207
Gamyūsa

how many arcs are there in this series so far?
Old 2009-07-30, 13:38   Link #126
momobunny
◔ ◡ ◔
*Artist

There are 4 arcs, the 5th one (first answer arc) comes out in less than a month.

Quote:
Around the end of 2010? You mean the VN right? Can't they technically begin the umineko no naku koro ni chiru before the last VN gets published? By the time we reach the "last arc", the last arc will ahve already come out a long time.

Idk it's just wishful thinking, i hope they don't push it back too far. But jeez...i'll be so oldddd !
That's what I meant, the visual novels are the originals... anime and manga are just adaptions after all. They can start production before all of the episodes come out (I think... that's what they did with the Question arcs anyway), but the anime will still probably be out around 2011.

It won't be too long apart as long as they don't try and pull a Haruhi on us. A year or two isn't too bad of a wait. At least it isn't like InuYasha where fans have to wait years before the anime wraps the story up. ^^;

Old 2009-07-30, 16:38   Link #127
sainfate

In episode 2 of the Anime, Rudolf tells Battler that he wants to speak with him when he has done talking with everyone and that he also feels that he'll probably be killed that night. I've watched till episode 5 and I don't think even once Battler wondered what his father was going to tell him or why he said those words. Does anyone know more about it ??
Old 2009-07-30, 16:43   Link #128
Marion
The Great Dine

Quote:
Originally Posted by sainfate View Post
In episode 2 of the Anime, Rudolf tells Battler that he wants to speak with him when he has done talking with everyone and that he also feels that he'll probably be killed that night. I've watched till episode 5 and I don't think even once Battler wondered what his father was going to tell him or why he said those words. Does anyone know more about it ??
In the manga Battler did wonder about it for a while, but as far as it goes nobody really knows what Rudolf wanted to talk to him about.
Old 2009-07-30, 18:17   Link #129
X207
Gamyūsa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maho Momo View Post
There are 4 arcs, the 5th one (first answer arc) comes out in less than a month.
ty, so im guessing that the format would be rather similar to higurashi where they start off at the same point it started at? im avoiding the manga atm so i dont spoil any surprises in the anime.
Old 2009-07-30, 18:20   Link #130
kaevne

Can anyone tell me, as of episode 4, what happened Battler's mother? I remember he had a scene with her to discuss the situation in analogy to chess, but then she disappeared? Anyone remember?
Old 2009-07-30, 18:28   Link #131
June 1983

Do you mean his step-mother, Kyrie, in the anime? She was killed in the first twilight, along with Battler's dad.
Old 2009-07-30, 19:06   Link #132
kaevne

oh I see, I guess I wasn't paying enough attention to the blanked faces. Thanks!
Old 2009-07-30, 20:25   Link #133
ProdigalSon
Ragnarocker

Question after the tea party in episode 5 of the anime.

Spoiler for For that episode:
Old 2009-07-30, 20:31   Link #134
Marion
The Great Dine

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProdigalSon View Post

Spoiler for Episode 1-5:
Old 2009-07-30, 20:31   Link #135
Ace of Dragons
AKA Squirrel

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProdigalSon View Post

Spoiler for Anime Ep. 1-5:
Old 2009-07-31, 10:49   Link #136
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

Kyrie is the step-mother!?!? When did they reveal that?

Then what about his REAL mother, is she shown anywhere?
Old 2009-07-31, 10:53   Link #137
Freelii
( ̄▽ ̄)ノ

Quote:
Kyrie is the step-mother!?!? When did they reveal that?

Then what about his REAL mother, is she shown anywhere?
EDIT: Whoops, no game knowledge allowed here. I'll let someone else handle this one since I don't want to get banhammered
Old 2009-07-31, 11:08   Link #138
June 1983

I think it's been decided that it's okay to talk about that relationship, as it was presented upfront in the VN and it's also apparent on the anime's official site's family tree. It's a mystery why they didn't mention it outright in the anime, though they did kind of hint at it, as I think they have Battler refer to Kyrie by her first name rather than calling her "mom".

Rudolf, Battler's father, was married previously to a woman named Asumu. She died six years before this story, and Rudolf married his business partner, Kyrie, very quickly after that. Battler went to live with his mother's father for awhile because he was angry with his father. Battler also has a six year old half-sister who didn't come to the family conference in 1986 because she was sick.
Old 2009-07-31, 11:08   Link #139
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

None. It is said in the game and in the anime website that Asumu, Battler's birthmother, died 6 years ago.
Please read the tips: the family relationships of all characters have brief explanations.
Old 2009-07-31, 12:05   Link #140
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

^^ Thanks (everyone) for all the replies. Greatly appreciated!
Closed Thread

Tags
q&a