AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-04-25, 17:13   Link #221
Mikaze
Le Baton Rouge

Does anyone know by any chance where to download the light novels but translated? Or does everyone here just have them. @.@

Anyway, I love Kaze no Stigma. It really interested me because at least the female lead has a chance at beating the male in a fight - or, at least I hope so. I'm really looking forward to a showdown between Ayano and Kazuma; that'd be spiffy.

And plus there's always the impending romance that'll bloom between the two characters. Nothing beats action+romance.
Mikaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-25, 18:53   Link #222
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Knowing Ayano's character I'm sure we can expect a showdown at some point in time. No doubt we'll get a love/hate relationship going at some point.

The end of the fight with his father must've felt weird to Kazuma. He did what he had wanted for so long in surpassing his father. But after that it's an empty feeling of "what now." Guess he can put those thoughts aside since a Ren rescue has to happen.
FlareKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-25, 20:32   Link #223
Cyblaster
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikaze View Post
Does anyone know by any chance where to download the light novels but translated? Or does everyone here just have them. @.@
I don't think anyone's officially translated this novel yet. probably anyone who can talk about the novels can read them in Japanese.
Cyblaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-25, 22:13   Link #224
lightbringer
M9000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyblaster View Post
I don't think anyone's officially translated this novel yet. probably anyone who can talk about the novels can read them in Japanese.
What he said. No fan translations yet, either, and probably won't be ever unless a miracle happens. For now you can grab volume 1 and 2 and look at the pretty pictures (around 7-10 per volume). And if you happen to know Japanese, share some plot spoilers with us

Looks like ep 3 is out, by the way.
lightbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-25, 22:22   Link #225
Aurelia aurita
???

It seems like I'm a minority here. I dislike Kazuma...a lot. His cockiness is really, really aggravating, and he seems a little bit too perfect. He set a record for me: I wanted to punch his face in by the end of the first episode, which is two episodes faster than Kyoshiro (of Kyoshiro to Towa no Sora). At this point, I still like him more than Kyoshiro since Kazuma showed concern for his little brother.
I loved the hearts Ren gave off in the second episode. He gives me Tamaki vibes.
Aurelia aurita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-25, 22:48   Link #226
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikaze View Post

Anyway, I love Kaze no Stigma. It really interested me because at least the female lead has a chance at beating the male in a fight - or, at least I hope so. I'm really looking forward to a showdown between Ayano and Kazuma; that'd be spiffy.

And plus there's always the impending romance that'll bloom between the two characters. Nothing beats action+romance.
Considering how he took his dad out, and he's taken out the other fire users, I don't even think she has a fair chance. He hasn't had a real challenge yet. Not to mention, we're finally seeing, how someone with a cool head, will win 90% of the fights AS IT SHOULD BE. None of this hot-headed stuff carrying you through like I see in anime all the time. IT DOESN'T WORK THAT WAY PEOPLE. Those who can retain their calm, and think clearly, have a far greater chance of coming up with a winning strategy, and finishing through with it.
Old 2007-04-25, 23:10   Link #227
lightbringer
M9000

Notes from watching episode 3

Spoiler:
Old 2007-04-25, 23:38   Link #228
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinstrife View Post
Considering how he took his dad out, and he's taken out the other fire users, I don't even think she has a fair chance. He hasn't had a real challenge yet. Not to mention, we're finally seeing, how someone with a cool head, will win 90% of the fights AS IT SHOULD BE. None of this hot-headed stuff carrying you through like I see in anime all the time. IT DOESN'T WORK THAT WAY PEOPLE. Those who can retain their calm, and think clearly, have a far greater chance of coming up with a winning strategy, and finishing through with it.
EYES OF THE MIND, I AM THE BONE OF MY SWORD

Anyways, what I meant was, seconded. It's probably this nature of Kazuma which has me interested in watching the show. He's a refreshing change of character.
Old 2007-04-26, 00:03   Link #229
HunterRequiem
Resident cynic

Send a message via AIM to HunterRequiem
Hm, guess I'll go with my thoughts on the magic so far. From what I can tell:
-Magic is elemental. We've only seen fire and wind, but we can probably hypothesise that there is water and earth as well (and perhaps even void ^_^)
-Magic can be fired off pretty much whenever you want to. If you're going to use somthing particularly powerful, you have to gather spirits first, repesented by the glowy orb doodads.
-In fire vs wind, fire has the advantage in brute force, but is slower in travel speed and summon speed, and doesn't hold together as well as wind.
-Attacks can either be countered, or blocked with magical energy
-Fire seems beter when it comes to blocking attacks, while wind focuses on evasion

When anylizing the battles, remember that it appears that Kazuma appears to have incredible power. The girl (at the moment, she doesn't deserve a name) has medium power, being stronger then most of her family, but against Kazuma, she's majorly outclassed, leading to her rather humiliating defeat. I wouldn't pass judgement on her fighting ability just yet (though I can certainly see her staying weaker then Kazuma throughout the anime). As per her personality, she's only 16, and is still coming of age. Its only natural for her to be immature and arrogant.
HunterRequiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-26, 00:43   Link #230
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterRequiem View Post
Hm, guess I'll go with my thoughts on the magic so far. From what I can tell:
-Magic is elemental. We've only seen fire and wind, but we can probably hypothesise that there is water and earth as well (and perhaps even void ^_^)
-Magic can be fired off pretty much whenever you want to. If you're going to use somthing particularly powerful, you have to gather spirits first, repesented by the glowy orb doodads.
-In fire vs wind, fire has the advantage in brute force, but is slower in travel speed and summon speed, and doesn't hold together as well as wind.
-Attacks can either be countered, or blocked with magical energy
-Fire seems beter when it comes to blocking attacks, while wind focuses on evasion

When anylizing the battles, remember that it appears that Kazuma appears to have incredible power. The girl (at the moment, she doesn't deserve a name) has medium power, being stronger then most of her family, but against Kazuma, she's majorly outclassed, leading to her rather humiliating defeat. I wouldn't pass judgement on her fighting ability just yet (though I can certainly see her staying weaker then Kazuma throughout the anime). As per her personality, she's only 16, and is still coming of age. Its only natural for her to be immature and arrogant.
I'd say she's a bit of a clutz too. Go back to the first part of the first episode. As easy as that spider thing was, she's not exactly graceful. Which with luck can help in certain instances, but will in the end, get you killed.

She maybe only 16, but she did surpass his fire abilities when he was 18, and she was only 12. I'd say his training and experiences, has allowed him to not only gain a contractor with the wind spirit, but also allowed him to surpass her in everyway.

Opinion and not fact, but I think well founded with what the show has given us so far.

As an add-on, I'd be all for him hooking up with one of Ayano's friends, or even the cop chick(if she doesn't end up being related to him at least). However, I realize the credits show otherwise, and will have to bear with the reality of the relationship paths that will be presented to me. Honestly though. He could easily find a much better person than her. -sigh-
Old 2007-04-26, 04:44   Link #231
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Quote:
I'd say she's a bit of a clutz too. Go back to the first part of the first episode. As easy as that spider thing was, she's not exactly graceful. Which with luck can help in certain instances, but will in the end, get you killed.

She maybe only 16, but she did surpass his fire abilities when he was 18, and she was only 12. I'd say his training and experiences, has allowed him to not only gain a contractor with the wind spirit, but also allowed him to surpass her in everyway.

Opinion and not fact, but I think well founded with what the show has given us so far.

As an add-on, I'd be all for him hooking up with one of Ayano's friends, or even the cop chick(if she doesn't end up being related to him at least). However, I realize the credits show otherwise, and will have to bear with the reality of the relationship paths that will be presented to me. Honestly though. He could easily find a much better person than her. -sigh-
There's always a chance she could mature. Like a budding flower coming into full bloom. Heh.
Old 2007-04-26, 05:42   Link #232
Hydex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Densetsu Tsubasa View Post
It seems like I'm a minority here. I dislike Kazuma...a lot. His cockiness is really, really aggravating, and he seems a little bit too perfect. He set a record for me: I wanted to punch his face in by the end of the first episode, which is two episodes faster than Kyoshiro (of Kyoshiro to Towa no Sora). At this point, I still like him more than Kyoshiro since Kazuma showed concern for his little brother.
I loved the hearts Ren gave off in the second episode. He gives me Tamaki vibes.
That's funny how the points that make you hate Kazuma are the ones which make me appreciate him (I wouldn't go so far as to say I would have liked him to kick his little brother out, but not far...^^)
Hydex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-26, 09:10   Link #233
Saber Cherry
Marionette

Episode 2 added further evidence that Ren is a trap. When brothers hug each other in real life, little hearts don't appear

As for Kazuma, he's a bit arrogant, but otherwise not unlikable. And arrogance is understandable after becoming very powerful subsequent to being kicked out of a power-worshipping society for being weak. You wouldn't really expect someone disowned and exiled by their family to come through with a flawless, shiny personality...
Saber Cherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-26, 12:10   Link #234
usagijen

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightbringer View Post
What he said. No fan translations yet, either, and probably won't be ever unless a miracle happens. For now you can grab volume 1 and 2 and look at the pretty pictures (around 7-10 per volume). And if you happen to know Japanese, share some plot spoilers with us

Looks like ep 3 is out, by the way.
I'll gladly share some plot spoilers (and some piccies) as I go along the volumes... just have to get myself to continue reading and understand it... hehe XD
usagijen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-26, 12:12   Link #235
usagijen

Quote:
Originally Posted by passenger View Post
it was in overal a good episode and things moving fast which i like. still i agree with some people above that the fight between kazuma and his old man could have been better. in the ending sequence there is a girl who is not animated yet. (the brunette one at 22:47 in SHS version). Who is she? I hope this one wont turn into a harem type.
I actually mentioned in my blog post that I'm suspecting that she's the "Tsuo Rin" Kazuma mentioned in episode 2 (after he defeated his father in battle)... not sure yet... have to get myself to continue reading the novels >.<

Quote:

I found her not so sharp in battle with that measly (?) spider too... o__o

and about her beating Kazuma 4 years ago, it's not simply because she surpassed him, but rather because Kazuma didn't really have the ability to wield fire (and to counter her attack back then)... and with this motivation Kazuma had after being driven off his clan, he undeniably surpassed Ayano, who I think didn't take her training that seriously (partially due to her bratty attitude (which her father knows), and perhaps some over-confidence on her abilities after winning that battle for Enraiha)
usagijen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-26, 12:15   Link #236
lightbringer
M9000

Quote:
Originally Posted by usagijen View Post
I'll gladly share some plot spoilers (and some piccies) as I go along the volumes... just have to get myself to continue reading and understand it... hehe XD
Then, we'll be counting on you
Old 2007-04-26, 12:34   Link #237
houkoholic
seiyuu maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by usagijen View Post
and about her beating Kazuma 4 years ago, it's not simply because she surpassed him, but rather because Kazuma didn't really have the ability to wield fire (and to counter her attack back then)... and with this motivation Kazuma had after being driven off his clan, he undeniably surpassed Ayano, who I think didn't take her training that seriously (partially due to her bratty attitude (which her father knows), and perhaps some over-confidence on her abilities after winning that battle for Enraiha)
Well according to what I've read from the various summaries, Ayano is still very much a prodigy in fire and she is wielding the Enraiha which the previous clan leader couldn't wield, so besides some technique problems, she is considered to be the number 3 strongest person in the clan after her father and Kazuma's father dispite her young age. It's just that Kazuma is currently much much stronger that everyone else in the Kannagi Clan because he was able to become a Contractor.
houkoholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-26, 12:37   Link #238
LCeh

Quote:
Originally Posted by houkoholic View Post
Well according to what I've read from the various summaries, Ayano is still very much a prodigy in fire and she is wielding the Enraiha which the previous clan leader couldn't wield, so besides some technique problems, she is considered to be the number 3 strongest person in the clan after her father and Kazuma's father dispite her young age. It's just that Kazuma is currently much much stronger that everyone else in the Kannagi Clan because he was able to become a Contractor.
In ep 2, didn't Kazuma mention that everyone in the Kannagi clan has made a contract, that's why they are able to use fire?
LCeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-26, 12:45   Link #239
houkoholic
seiyuu maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCeh View Post
In ep 2, didn't Kazuma mention that everyone in the Kannagi clan has made a contract, that's why they are able to use fire?
Only the founder of the Kannagi clan was able to become a Contractor, and the ability is then passed on via bloodline in the clan apparently. Kazuma's brother mentioned that there are rumors that the legendary Contractor reappeared on the net, thus emphasising the point that there are no Contractors in the Kannagi family. Currently it is said that there is no other Contractor in the world except Kazuma.
houkoholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-26, 12:48   Link #240
lightbringer
M9000

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCeh View Post
I think it was the original founder of the clan who was a contractor, actually, and not everyone. From what we've seen and heard so far, Kazuma may well be the only Contractor around right now (at least for the wind spirits).

Tags
fantasy, shounen