AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

View Poll Results: Do you agree with japans new tactics?
Yes, i think its a great idea 1 11.11%
No.. i have no other means of wathing and or reading anime/manga 8 88.89%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2016-06-25, 00:44   Link #1
AYCAMA

Japan's "pirate hunters" illegaal streaming site banishing

Well... i think we all by now are here because you've probably watched your favorite youtube anime reviewer do a video about this topic, or maybe you even heard it from a friend... Anyway.. this is a thread i created to confront the topic and get a bunch of people's opinion on this matter. What will you guys do if your favorite steaming site gets taken down, what will you do next? Yes.. and if your a teenager with NO means to getting money.. (like me.. D we might actually have to.. go outside.. *Gasp**and get a job...(unfortunatley for me all my attempts of getting a job have failed so far.. Note to self: apply BEFORE summer starts..) The link to the article is here: * * **

.http://en.rocketnews24.com/2016/06/2...anime-uploads/

*God i hope im allowed to post that..*

Well.. what will YOU do if these sites get taken down.. (and if your into that type of stuff then i heard even hentai sites are getting it also..) Answer the poll below... (or.. above.. this is my first thread soo i dont know where this will be located..) and let us know what you think.

I stronly disagree with all discussions of future riots and or criminal like activities against japanese companies...
AYCAMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-25, 01:25   Link #2
BladeMancer
TheBladeThatRivesDivinity

While what they are doing is right, do they know how fucking long it takes for their content to get fully imported here?
Months, hell even years. That's goddamn insane, and seeing as how it never built a sizeable market outside of Japan it is going to stay like this. I am all ready to spend money on reading and watching, they think I like doing this illegally? It's not like I have a choice.
Frequent use will make it dull and brittle; it's ill sheen reflecting the wielder's lost virtues and strength. Thus comes the saying that the ire of the calm, kind and gentle forges with vengful fire a fearsome bladed edge. Pray for those whose image reflects off it, for it may only stop through reconcilatory waters or icy voids of the end.
BladeMancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-25, 01:41   Link #3
AYCAMA

I agree 100%....Well that and i also dont have a job
AYCAMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-25, 01:55   Link #4
Diluc
Darkhero of Monstadt

my reason to against it is what Blademancer has pointed.
It's not like we are being stingy to spend money to purchases product, but the problem is waiting for imported product coming to the country are taking so long.
and another problem the released products often 2 step backward before catch up in japan and as part of mankind Otaku are not patience people to wait their favorite anime or manga.
we will always engulfed with the curioisty to the point we have to abuse the google search in order to fulfill our curious sanity
Diluc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-25, 01:56   Link #5
moodie

People, this is the internet. They will not take all of our sites down. If anything they will cause some commotion and realize its not worth exhausting money. You chop off one head and 100s appear.
moodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-25, 02:01   Link #6
Diluc
Darkhero of Monstadt

Quote:
Originally Posted by moodie View Post
People, this is the internet. They will not take all of our sites down. If anything they will cause some commotion and realize its not worth exhausting money. You chop off one head and 100s appear.
Translation:
Internet are Hydra, they are multiple-headed snakes that can regenerate their own head and their food are us the netizen. the otaku apparently first grade class for their consumption that stay on first hiearchy food pyramid as most consumptive among segment cliches.
so even if the pirate hunters succeed to cut off one head, another head will regrow again.
Diluc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-25, 02:39   Link #7
BladeMancer
TheBladeThatRivesDivinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxis View Post
Translation:
Internet are Hydra, they are multiple-headed snakes that can regenerate their own head and their food are us the netizen. the otaku apparently first grade class for their consumption that stay on first hiearchy food pyramid as most consumptive among segment cliches.
so even if the pirate hunters succeed to cut off one head, another head will regrow again.
And the hydra's poisonous breath, and it's especially poisonous blood...Every time a head is attacked, it will breath. Everytime a head is cut, it will bleed.
Frequent use will make it dull and brittle; it's ill sheen reflecting the wielder's lost virtues and strength. Thus comes the saying that the ire of the calm, kind and gentle forges with vengful fire a fearsome bladed edge. Pray for those whose image reflects off it, for it may only stop through reconcilatory waters or icy voids of the end.
BladeMancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-25, 03:44   Link #8
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Hail Anime Hydra!
Old 2016-06-26, 06:12   Link #9
dragon1412

Quote:
Originally Posted by BladeMancer View Post
And the hydra's poisonous breath, and it's especially poisonous blood...Every time a head is attacked, it will breath. Everytime a head is cut, it will bleed.
pretty sure they can't do anything about the hydra, point is, there is something they can do about the people in Japan, but when they are foreigners in Japan or straight up in different country, what they can do pulled down vastly, and this is not mentioned offshore sites like China. So, it mean that not each head is the same, some are outright invincible to the hunters attack.
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-26, 17:14   Link #10
relentlessflame

*Administrator

I voted "yes" to this poll, even though this very site used to host a BitTorrent tracker for anime back in the day, because I have absolutely zero mercy for download/streaming sites like these. These download/streaming sites aren't Robin Hood stealing anime/manga from "the rich" and giving to "the poor." Most of them are making money purely by hosting this illegal content. Most of the people using these sites use them to watch/read licensed shows/works that actually do stream or can be viewed/accessed/downloaded through legal services, but they're just too lazy to look for them. (A lot of these site re-host the content pirated straight from those very legal services.)

Of course, the global licensing situation is a mess; there are far too many shows (in the anime world) that aren't available globally and in various forms of region locks for stupid byzantine reasons that are going to finally crumble in due time. (A lot of progress has been made over the last 10 years, but there's still a long ways to go.) And of course there is a handful of anime each season that aren't streaming or licensed for whatever reason. If these illegal streaming sites made any effort whatsoever to promote these edge-case shows (where there are no legal alternatives), I might even applaud them. In those cases, it may even be harder to establish the extent of the "economic damage to the rights holders," if no one wants or is able to buy the license. But there's a lot more ad revenue to be made in promoting popular shounen fare that is already out day-and-date through legal avenues, and that really shows where their priorities lie. When you go to the home page and see them promoting clearly-licensed, readily-available popular shows, they're not in it to promote obscure anime or spread underappreciated culture, they're just vultures trying to profit off of an industry that has erstwhile been too poor and disorganized to stop them.

Piracy is going to happen anyway; I'm not saying otherwise. But opportunists don't deserve to profit from it. I'd rather hear people are torrenting their anime/manga/etc. "for free" than giving these illegal streaming/download sites their ad revenue or donations.

(I realize this thread was posted in the manga section, and the situation with manga isn't quite the same as the one with anime yet as far as day-and-date access goes... but it's getting there. There will always be way more manga than can realistically be licensed and translated officially, so there will be more obscure works. But again, most of the manga hosting sites aren't truly about promoting obscure works, but promoting popular works that are otherwise available. Their "business model" is the same, and I still have little mercy for them.)
Old 2016-06-26, 23:49   Link #11
dragon1412

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
I voted "yes" to this poll, even though this very site used to host a BitTorrent tracker for anime back in the day, because I have absolutely zero mercy for download/streaming sites like these. These download/streaming sites aren't Robin Hood stealing anime/manga from "the rich" and giving to "the poor." Most of them are making money purely by hosting this illegal content. Most of the people using these sites use them to watch/read licensed shows/works that actually do stream or can be viewed/accessed/downloaded through legal services, but they're just too lazy to look for them. (A lot of these site re-host the content pirated straight from those very legal services.)

Of course, the global licensing situation is a mess; there are far too many shows (in the anime world) that aren't available globally and in various forms of region locks for stupid byzantine reasons that are going to finally crumble in due time. (A lot of progress has been made over the last 10 years, but there's still a long ways to go.) And of course there is a handful of anime each season that aren't streaming or licensed for whatever reason. If these illegal streaming sites made any effort whatsoever to promote these edge-case shows (where there are no legal alternatives), I might even applaud them. In those cases, it may even be harder to establish the extent of the "economic damage to the rights holders," if no one wants or is able to buy the license. But there's a lot more ad revenue to be made in promoting popular shounen fare that is already out day-and-date through legal avenues, and that really shows where their priorities lie. When you go to the home page and see them promoting clearly-licensed, readily-available popular shows, they're not in it to promote obscure anime or spread underappreciated culture, they're just vultures trying to profit off of an industry that has erstwhile been too poor and disorganized to stop them.

Piracy is going to happen anyway; I'm not saying otherwise. But opportunists don't deserve to profit from it. I'd rather hear people are torrenting their anime/manga/etc. "for free" than giving these illegal streaming/download sites their ad revenue or donations.

(I realize this thread was posted in the manga section, and the situation with manga isn't quite the same as the one with anime yet as far as day-and-date access goes... but it's getting there. There will always be way more manga than can realistically be licensed and translated officially, so there will be more obscure works. But again, most of the manga hosting sites aren't truly about promoting obscure works, but promoting popular works that are otherwise available. Their "business model" is the same, and I still have little mercy for them.)
as it is, i agree with you, though in where i stay, i could only watch Inuyasha, doraemon, Naruto since they are the only things that got licensed in my country, manga is a bit better though, but i can say that the only series that ever got licensed are the generic shounen one, most Seinen series is unable to ever come in.

In the case of pirate hunters, i don't really see how it is much different from the old methods, sure, they might track down sites, but with the amount of sites outhere, how many people do they have to hire to even get them ???
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote