AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

View Poll Results: Code Geass R2 Series Rating
Perfect 10 365 44.95%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 199 24.51%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 92 11.33%
7 out of 10 : Good 76 9.36%
6 out of 10 : Average 31 3.82%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 20 2.46%
4 out of 10 : Poor 9 1.11%
3 out of 10 : Bad 4 0.49%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 2 0.25%
1 out of 10 : Painful 14 1.72%
Voters: 812. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-11-08, 18:18   Link #381
Nogitsune
Shameless Fangirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneizel View Post
Yes we know because of the past/present/future metaphor thing. The present/Schneizel = A static element. He can't go backwards like his dad, or forwards like his brother, simply because he lacks the means (the ambition/motivation/desire/etc) to want to do either. His static position is caused by, as Okouchi said on the subject, his lack of emotions, or rather his emptiness.
Hm... that fits him.
I wonder if he still cares about people in his own way, though. He seemed fond enough of his siblings, although he probably would have killed them without much hesistation had he deemed it necessary.
I always thought Schneizel was a rather... hm, yes, sad character.
Nogitsune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-08, 21:24   Link #382
X_Danny_X

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkLordOfkichiku View Post
Well, in Part 1 of Naruto, the characters were actually mostly handled well. Right now, however, it's mostly about Naruto, Sasuke or Shikamaru, with other characters getting little spotlight &story attention as such.. <_<.

so far Shippuden is all about Sasuke, everybody cant stop thinking about him, even Naruto was thinking about Sasuke in his bed.

it is just recently that other characters have been given the spotlight a bit.
Old 2008-11-08, 23:29   Link #383
Shadowcatch
Romantic Sucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by X_Danny_X View Post
so far Shippuden is all about Sasuke, everybody cant stop thinking about him, even Naruto was thinking about Sasuke in his bed.

it is just recently that other characters have been given the spotlight a bit.
Eeeeeew. I was thinkin about getting back into Naruto...But nevermind.
Shadowcatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-09, 11:21   Link #384
darthfury78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charred Knight View Post
That's the problem Code Geass R2 was badly planned out, it was a 52 episode series told over half of it, but since they didn't remove any of the plotline they just speed through the whole

Plotlines that have been set up since the first episode of the first season are done away with in two episodes (Marianne, and Schneizel), instead of having an enough time to give background on the cast we instead get nothing but the same 4 characters we got last season.

Also I shouldn't have to go look for Picture Dramas, and Sound dramas that are not easily available outside of Japan to find out information on other characters.

I should be given that information by the series itself. I have no problem when Sound Dramas get me some things here and their, but it should not be used as a replacement for the anime series itself.
The original format for Code Geass R2 was planned out well in advance until they were told to scrapped their original plans because of the time slot chance to another audience, which was younger in demographic in Japan for commercial purposes. Otherwise, the series would have ran smoothly towards the same mature audience from S1.
darthfury78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-09, 11:32   Link #385
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogitsune View Post
I wonder if he still cares about people in his own way, though. He seemed fond enough of his siblings, although he probably would have killed them without much hesistation had he deemed it necessary.
He may have cared somewhat for his royal sibblings, but he still showed no heistation in his determination to rid the world of them if that was "best for the world" - he "nuked" the capital knowing well that his brothers and sisters were there, he almost had Cornelia killed, he was fully willing to leave Nunnally to die, he prepared a coup against his own father - and of course he was willing to have Lelouch killed, though as they were "enemies" as such, that's to be expected <_<. All in all, while he may have cared to some extent for some, his feelings were never something that ruled him or his goals, unlike Lelouch and Charles...
DarkLordOfkichiku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-09, 11:56   Link #386
Nogitsune
Shameless Fangirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkLordOfkichiku View Post
He may have cared somewhat for his royal sibblings, but he still showed no heistation in his determination to rid the world of them if that was "best for the world" - he "nuked" the capital knowing well that his brothers and sisters were there, he almost had Cornelia killed, he was fully willing to leave Nunnally to die, he prepared a coup against his own father - and of course he was willing to have Lelouch killed, though as they were "enemies" as such, that's to be expected <_<.
But I thought it was really interesting that Schneizel wanted his father to spare Lelouch's life.
It automatically reminded me of the "He was the man I feared and loved most"-line, even though Schneizel was clearly exaggerating there.

Quote:
All in all, while he may have cared to some extent for some, his feelings were never something that ruled him or his goals, unlike Lelouch and Charles...
*nods her head in agreement*
I bet Schneizel was a Jedi in another life.
And I almost pity him, even though my sympathy mostly lies with Kanon in this matter.
Old 2008-11-09, 12:57   Link #387
Grey Dawn
zzzzzzzz

I think Schneizel made an effort to suppress what attachments he did have. For example, he notes he could FLEIA the black knights and Lelouch together at once, but decides not to because "it would be greedy." He also claims Lelouch's logic, which lead to ambition in people, was flawed because it lead to ambition and thus the "height of foolishness." In other words, Schneizel seemed to hold such things in disdain. This is not to say he was ordinary about his thought patterns, but he wasn't completely empty and was somewhat devoted to avoiding emotions and attachments.
Grey Dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-09, 13:24   Link #388
Nogitsune
Shameless Fangirl

Hm... in Stage 0.884 (Drama CD) Schneizel also told Clovis that "there are times when a ruler must be evil". And that "kindness is not a virtue - not for leaders".
So I agree. Schneizel's values are quite obvious.

Hm. I just notice that Clovs' reaction really impressed me. o.o
Oh my, there are so many characters in Code Geass I adore - and almost all of them ended up as tragic characters.
*sighs*

But back to Schneizel.
I think Cornelia shared his values and admired him for the way he always acted by them.
In Stage 0.884, she even states that emotions should not influence their actions when dealing with a conquered country.
Old 2008-11-09, 13:29   Link #389
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogitsune
But I thought it was really interesting that Schneizel wanted his father to spare Lelouch's life.
It automatically reminded me of the "He was the man I feared and loved most"-line, even though Schneizel was clearly exaggerating there.
I do wonder if he really intended to "spare" Lelouch as such though, considerignt ha the made no effort whatsoever to see to that he was simply captured after beign abandoned by the Black Knights....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogitsune
*nods her head in agreement*
I bet Schneizel was a Jedi in another life.
And I almost pity him, even though my sympathy mostly lies with Kanon in this matter.
Heh, depends on what kind of jedi as such though .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey Dawn
He also claims Lelouch's logic, which lead to ambition in people, was flawed because it lead to ambition and thus the "height of foolishness." In other words, Schneizel seemed to hold such things in disdain. This is not to say he was ordinary about his thought patterns, but he wasn't completely empty and was somewhat devoted to avoiding emotions and attachments.
Well, that's the difference between them, i suppsoe. Lelouch wanted to gamble everything upon a hope that the world'd be able to fend for itself, that things would be better ("no, it WILL be better", as he said ) whereas Schenizel wanted to secture what he saw as th eoen and only truly "safe/guranteed" way of peace and thus he naturally opposes Lelouch's logic as he means that there's too much that can go wrong there, sorta...
DarkLordOfkichiku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-09, 21:35   Link #390
Lelouch71
Black Angel

I guess I'll give my ratings for Code Geass. I consider season one a perfect 10 because it was very flawless IMO. I would give R2 a 7.5 or an 8 now that reflected on the whole season. These were some of my problems that I felt a little disappointed about...

-Suzaku and his connection with the geass. Throughout season 1, I always wanted to know how was he connected to C.C. I was disappointed that they dropped that storyline. I also wouldn't had mind him dying at the end to be with Euphie.

-They wasted too much time at Ashford instead of exploring China first then the Eu and ultimately Britannia. Though this was more of the time slot fault.

-Most of the KoR lack screen time and development

-Marianne basically being a selfish bitch more or less and her return was too random and sudden. Not to mention V.V. reason for killing were a little anti-climatic.

-Cornelia, Nunnally, and Guilford not staying dead. It would had been better if they were killed off especially Guilford. It was somewhat understandable with Nunnally and Cornelia, but Guilford was hit by the blast.

-I would had preferred if Charles was the final villain or if had to be Schneizel he could had been the one who killed Marianne for whatever reason and was the true demon king. It was being built up as one of those two being the world's enemy.

-They should had kept Kallen as a mere ally in arms if they wasn't going anywhere with her development towards Lelouch. They could had did many things with her development and explored her background a little more. I just felt it was a waste of time for her to fall in love with Lelouch if he was just going to die without anything happening.

-While minor I wouldn't had mind them telling us C.C's true name. Also why they showed Jupiter along with other girls with marks on their heads if they weren't going to explore it.

-It was a very good ending, but I felt Lelouch was screwed over. He did many horrible things but making the world hates him was way too much. I guess I would had preferred if he killed his father or brother and they die together. This way he brought the world together to defeat them but died in the process. Zero would still be remembered as a symbol of hope and peace.

I would give the over all series a good 8.5. It's still my favorite anime right now. Though Code Geass could had ended at many places if you think about it.
Lelouch71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-10, 09:41   Link #391
NyxOne

I'll answer this.

* The Rounds were meant to be part-fodder.

* Marianne's very lengthy time with Charles made her believe in his goals as fiercely as the man himself did.

* Charles was practically destined to die from Turn 15, and Schneizel was unfortunate. It was better with Nunnally being Lelouch's final enemy because it was him conquering the very person that caused him to abandon so much, and, in turn, the person that he loved the most.

* Uh...KaLulu was expanded on, to a degree.

* C.C's name is irrelevant to anything.

* Lelouch had no intention of 'dying together' with his father or Schneizel. He wanted to kill Charles and he made Schneizel a slave to Zero because Requiem called for it. And making the world hate him so there could be peace when he died was in the plan, too.
NyxOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-10, 16:33   Link #392
Charred Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyxOne View Post
I'll answer this.

* The Rounds were meant to be part-fodder.

* Marianne's very lengthy time with Charles made her believe in his goals as fiercely as the man himself did.

* Charles was practically destined to die from Turn 15, and Schneizel was unfortunate. It was better with Nunnally being Lelouch's final enemy because it was him conquering the very person that caused him to abandon so much, and, in turn, the person that he loved the most.

* Uh...KaLulu was expanded on, to a degree.

* C.C's name is irrelevant to anything.

* Lelouch had no intention of 'dying together' with his father or Schneizel. He wanted to kill Charles and he made Schneizel a slave to Zero because Requiem called for it. And making the world hate him so there could be peace when he died was in the plan, too.
and to me the KoR are what I call bad writing

Someone in elementary school should know that you don't just use the twelve "best " pilots as cannon fodder. It ruins the image you have of Britannia.,

Zeon: excellent fighters, brilliant leaders, a worthy opponent for Amuro

Britannia: Cannon fodder, lead by morons, easily killed by the superior Black Knights
Charred Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-10, 16:38   Link #393
NyxOne

Again...Monica and Dorothea and Luciano and Bismarck had the misfortune of being outclassed in both skill and tech. The others performed well. And AGAIN, Britannia is not Zeon. Just because CG was made by Sunrise doesn't mean that Sunrise has to be the same as it was twenty-thirty years ago.
Old 2008-11-10, 16:46   Link #394
Charred Knight

Quote:
Again...Monica and Dorothea and Luciano and Bismarck had the misfortune of being outclassed in both skill and tech. The others performed well. And AGAIN, Britannia is not Zeon. Just because CG was made by Sunrise doesn't mean that Sunrise has to be the same as it was twenty-thirty years ago.
Once again you have to show that

You just can't tell the audience, "Wait they where really good they just had shitty weapons". Britannia was a joke, and easily the worse opponents I have ever seen in a rebellion storyline.

Once again I figured that out when I was in elementary school.

Then again the best part of Code Geass was the unintentional comedy
Charred Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-10, 16:48   Link #395
NyxOne

They were good, but they were outclassed. Kallen tore apart Luciano because:

a) She was the better pilot.

b) Her Frame was a whole generation above his, assuming that the Rounds Frames are the alluded-to eighth generation.

The same was down to a tee with Bismarck, Gino, Monica and Dorothea, and there were other circumstances. Namely, the Old Emperor faction had very limited resources, and Monica and Dorothea's personal Frames were likely being dismantled in central Britannia, so they had to rely on what little they had- namely, Sutherlands, and Gloucesters. And the Albion far outclasses what are essentially modified fourth-gen Frames.
Old 2008-11-10, 17:03   Link #396
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
i think satherlands are 5th gens
but the galahad was probably the strongest 8th gen there was and it could match the albion in terms of short distance speed (and was stronger due to its size)
suzaku won easily becouse for some reason the writers deceided to give him a SEED mode for no reason
and in doing so completely threw away the very nature of what a geass command does to someone (making then forget the events of what happened while under the effect of it)
that part i was kinda pissed off about
Old 2008-11-10, 17:05   Link #397
Eliarine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lelouch71 View Post
I guess I'll give my ratings for Code Geass. I consider season one a perfect 10 because it was very flawless IMO. I would give R2 a 7.5 or an 8 now that reflected on the whole season. These were some of my problems that I felt a little disappointed about...

-Suzaku and his connection with the geass. Throughout season 1, I always wanted to know how was he connected to C.C. I was disappointed that they dropped that storyline. I also wouldn't had mind him dying at the end to be with Euphie.
I personally still haven't forgiven Sunrise for dropping this. It was one of the things I was really looking forward to finding out in R2. That, and I just hate it when strange stuff happens in a series and you never get an explanation for it. Sorry, but "lulz hes just a superhuman" still doesn't explain the freaking out in Stage 19. ¬¬

Quote:
-Marianne basically being a selfish bitch more or less and her return was too random and sudden.
...lol Marianne.

Quote:
-They should had kept Kallen as a mere ally in arms if they wasn't going anywhere with her development towards Lelouch. They could had did many things with her development and explored her background a little more. I just felt it was a waste of time for her to fall in love with Lelouch if he was just going to die without anything happening.
I think her loving Lelouch is what allowed her to understand him better and realize the truth about Zero Requiem in the end, so I don't think it's completely wasted.

Quote:
-While minor I wouldn't had mind them telling us C.C's true name. Also why they showed Jupiter along with other girls with marks on their heads if they weren't going to explore it.
The name, Sunrise, THE NAME! >.<
Eliarine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-10, 17:09   Link #398
SonOfHeaven
Metal Gear!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
i think satherlands are 5th gens
but the galahad was probably the strongest 8th gen there was and it could match the albion in terms of short distance speed (and was stronger due to its size)
suzaku won easily becouse for some reason the writers deceided to give him a SEED mode for no reason
and in doing so completely threw away the very nature of what a geass command does to someone (making then forget the events of what happened while under the effect of it)
that part i was kinda pissed off about
I was so irritated when Suzaku starting using his geass command anytime he wanted to. Heck, it was like a SEED mode. Like giving Suzaku and Kallen the most powerful KMFs like typical Gundam.
Old 2008-11-10, 17:09   Link #399
NyxOne

Sutherlands are fifth-gen, but they're officially just 'better Glasgows'. The Gloucester is built off of the same Frame but designed for close combat. So they're, by extension, modified fourth-gens.
Old 2008-11-10, 17:14   Link #400
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
Quote:
Sutherlands are fifth-gen, but they're official just 'better Glasgows'. The Gloucester is built off of the same Frame but designed for close combat. So they're, by extension, modified fourth-gens.
true
then again the albion is just the lancelot with energy wings and a luminus shard lancher (unlike the SEITEN which was actually changed considerably)
its weapon and shield system have been twiked up a bit
but its basiclly the same thing as it was as the original lancelot (without even the hadron blaster of the conquesta)
so its a modified 7th gen