AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-03-22, 23:27   Link #1
pookystick

Togainu no Chi (TV)

TOGAINU NO CHI ANIME has been announced!

This is the Special Trailer shown in the website.

Quote:
After being devastated in the third World War (known as The Third Division), Japan was divided in two. Several years after the end of the war, a crime organization called Vischio has taken control of the destroyed city of Toshima (formerly Tokyo, Japan's capital city), where they are holding a battle game known as "Igura". The game's main character, a young man named Akira, is falsely accused of a crime. Once arrested, a mysterious woman appears before him, offering him freedom if he agrees to participate in Igura and defeat Igura's strongest man: the king, or "Il-re". The story follows Akira's life in the harsh, lawless Toshima as he fights both to survive and to unravel the mysteries developing around him.
Shocking, but Japanese and Western BL fans celebrate! An unexpected powerhouse BL title is in the works. But will there be Yaoi/BL in there? The series could work without it but...it is uncertain. (If there isn't, there will be rage. )

Expect violence and blood. (This title is raw and dark.)

Last edited by pookystick; 2010-03-31 at 22:52.
pookystick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-22, 23:48   Link #2
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
studio= Madhouse??? My friend will be happy she is a fan of this.
Leo_Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-23, 00:58   Link #3
blue skies
noch einmal?

I never thought this would get animated. I am one happy lady.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pookystick View Post
Shocking, but Japanese and Western BL fans celebrate! Finally, a powerhouse BL title is in the works. But will there be Yaoi/BL in there? The series could work without it but...it is uncertain. (If there isn't, there will be rage. )
Honestly, I think the story would work quite well even without the yaoi. The manga actually has very little BL (it's there, but not as, uh, graphically as in the game -- more like undertones, I guess) and it's damn good. Sure, the BL is a big factor in the game, but it's not the focal point of the plot. Which is what I love about TnC: It's not some boy-meets-boy-and-skips-off-into-apocalyptic-sunset with a feeble story to basically string along a bunch of crazy sex. I'm with you for the most part, though. I hope they don't screw around with it and remove that element completely, because it wouldn't feel right to me. But as long as it's well done (and Gunji is in it), I'm going to be happy with it.

Here's hoping they don't get all prissy about the violence either. There had better be lots of blood. ;>
blue skies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-23, 02:23   Link #4
Natsuki Hyuga
(☞゚∀゚)☞ロンパアアアア!! 

Send a message via MSN to Natsuki Hyuga
In again and again, happy does not even describe my feeling--5 years full of tears of waiting finally paid off...! And I'm one of those people screaming "FINALLY" than being surprised. (Read the game twice already before someone asks. Stopped PS2's because it crashed before route divergion orz)

Was hoping for totally bitter Sweet Pool, but the guro factor is far too devastating like Saya no Uta. But still, enjoyment factor and overall ratings-wise, TnC is my favourite of Nitro+CHiRAL, so <3333 for the series 5th anniversary!

Honestly, I'm okay with hints of BL only, TV anime broadcasting means that they wouldn't dare to put R-18 scenes. I'll sorely miss the R-18 scenes that I love since it helps build some of the characters but eh. At least the actions, violence and blood can be animated, and I'm happy if they put a full-effort on them and on the plot since I didn't read the manga. (actions, pulisu! <3) Would be better if they can capture details of Fuchii's scripts, but one can't be greedy!

Aniplex, I beg you, good studio please!! ;; No, I DON'T accept DEEN unless they put good director+scripter. Also would be happy to see whether they will succeed in weaving the plot :|b

And I lol-ed at the two that always become the poster boys of the series. As if I will complain. I mean, me? Leather fetish fujoshi?

EDIT: Oh and before I forgot, the anime is planned to air in 2010 (via togainu.com portal). Well, keyword here is planned. Whether they fulfill the plans, it's another story altogether. Probably Winter is a good bet for now?

Last edited by Natsuki Hyuga; 2010-03-23 at 02:35.
Natsuki Hyuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-23, 20:55   Link #5
pookystick

New information

This summary made me smile.

A Character Summary:
"Nano kills shitloads of people. Shiki regularly commits genocide. Yandere!Keisuke loves bloody massacres. Kiriwar and Gunji are sadistic bastards who like to violently slash/beat people to death. Takeru has his stint with 50% Line. Rin takes gross pictures of dead people. And the series as a whole boils down to a Battle Royale style tournament in lawless post-apocalyptic Tokyo." - Endoh_Miku

Studio Prediction:
A-1 Picture (40%)
Studio Deen (40%)
Mad House (10%)
Others (8%)
Bones (2%)
[Rumor: Studio Pierrot]
Source

Comments: Unsure of Studio Deen, I'm not too happy with their recent line of works. Hopefully... not!
Old 2010-03-24, 08:00   Link #6
Irkalla
I asked for this

I was overjoyed when I heard about this, but then a second later, I figured that they will most probably drop the yaoi out of it. That of course sucks, but oh well. As long as they don't bring in any new female cast in an attempt to make it less gay, I will not rage too much. Sweet pool anime plz.

edit. Here are some goodies from the event, including a screencap from the anime.

Last edited by Irkalla; 2010-03-24 at 13:13.
Irkalla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-24, 22:52   Link #7
Dagger
Nitro+ fan

A lot of 2ch posters have expressed hope that they make it a hot-blooded battle anime with maybe some BL hints, and I agree. I can turn to the game if I want serious BL; I'll be happy as long as this anime delivers awesome fight scenes.

A pilot video will be shown at TAF 2010. "Pilot" is the key part of that sentence--the actual series could look quite different (in either a good way or a bad way). But the producer has some pretty big hits under his belt (such as Bakemonogatari and Kara no Kyoukai), so he seems to know what he's doing. I'm tentatively optimistic. Sure hope it gets a good studio.
Old 2010-03-24, 23:19   Link #8
joanaugusts
Banned

I actually just heard about this last night, and even added it to my Watch-List over on MAL. Despite it being shounen-ai, the plot really grabbed me and it isn't something that you see come around too often. Definitely going to give this a try and am looking forward to which studio picks this up.
joanaugusts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-26, 10:48   Link #9
Crontica

*Checks Story*

J - U - S - T - I - C - E - !
Old 2010-03-28, 07:29   Link #10
Dagger
Nitro+ fan

Looks superb.

Disclaimer: It's only a pilot/test version, they'll probably change some stuff for the actual TV series, etc etc.
Old 2010-03-28, 07:54   Link #11
Natsuki Hyuga
(☞゚∀゚)☞ロンパアアアア!! 

Send a message via MSN to Natsuki Hyuga
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagger View Post
Looks superb.

Disclaimer: It's only a pilot/test version, they'll probably change some stuff for the actual TV series, etc etc.
I died watching the fluid animation, just like I did with High School of The Dead. Here's hoping they would keep the animation level around the level of the pilot episode when we get more concrete info~

Although to be honest I don't like Shiki's animation design, but nvm if they catch certain aspect of Keisuke pretty good.
Spoiler for Mentioning one word from the trailer, non-spoilerish but...:

Natsuki Hyuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-28, 08:14   Link #12
Irkalla
I asked for this

*fangasm* Preview looks sweet, especially the ending

Last edited by Irkalla; 2010-03-28 at 09:30. Reason: typo XD
Irkalla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-28, 08:19   Link #13
konart

Quote:
they are holding a battle game known as "Igura"
They sure like to name things like this using russian words, lol
Old 2010-03-28, 08:28   Link #14
cheesie
Dame Cheesie
*Graphic Designer

There was blood, fighting and a looney bin somewhere. Half of the cast also looked like they enjoy eating babies for breakfast and I think I was sold at that point.
cheesie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-31, 13:46   Link #15
izmosmolnar
At the end of this world

Not surprisingly Nitroplus Chiral decided to make their april's first joke around Togainu no Chi this year. It's quite hilarious.

http://www.nitrochiral.com/pc/yo_akira/
Old 2010-03-31, 16:26   Link #16
Katapan
俺様祭り

You can finally click to start the "special trailer" on the official website, which is obviously the TAF trailer. About time we got to see it as a non-cam rip version.

Still fangasming at how great it looks, I'm dying to get a date and/or the staff soon~~
Old 2010-03-31, 19:07   Link #17
Kakkou
Tch.

That trailer looks freaking sweet. Would the anime's character designer happen to be the same as Dance in the Vampire Bund's? It looks really similar, down to the colouring and eyes. Either way I'm looking forward to this. I can take some BL undertones since the whole setting/premise is really promising.
Kakkou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-31, 21:28   Link #18
Zmija

Ohmy, this is the first time i heard this. So happy news!
Im looking forward to seeing this so much : D
Zmija is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-31, 22:26   Link #19
cheesie
Dame Cheesie
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakkou
Would the anime's character designer happen to be the same as Dance in the Vampire Bund's?
I'm not sure if they are - it's only a pilot version, so who knows if the character designs would change.
cheesie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-31, 22:34   Link #20
pookystick

* Posted MQ Special Trailer on the first post.

Last edited by pookystick; 2010-03-31 at 22:52.

Tags
action, boys love, josei, violence