AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Sword Art Online > Past SAO Anime

Notices

View Poll Results: Sword Art Online - Episode 11 Rating
10 out of 10: Near Perfect... 45 34.62%
9 out of 10 : Excellent... 37 28.46%
8 out of 10 : Very Good... 27 20.77%
7 out of 10 : Good... 7 5.38%
6 out of 10 : Average... 8 6.15%
5 out of 10 : Below Average... 1 0.77%
4 out of 10 : Poor... 1 0.77%
3 out of 10 : Bad... 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad... 0 0%
1 out of 10: Torturous... 4 3.08%
Voters: 130. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2012-09-18, 15:01   Link #261
halibonga

great episode, yui is nice.

The SAO threads here aren't annoying, unlike all the other SAO discussions in different sites, all u see over there is glop glop and 2 years of sem*n........
halibonga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-18, 17:18   Link #262
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by halibonga View Post
great episode, yui is nice.

The SAO threads here aren't annoying, unlike all the other SAO discussions in different sites, all u see over there is glop glop and 2 years of sem*n........
Lols.. on those doujinshi readers....
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-18, 20:31   Link #263
Dr. Casey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamui04 View Post
Young you're my little padawan, your profile it reveals. uhmm.
Aww, I'm not that young. I just don't have much experience with MMORPGs, my forte is just traditional single-player RPGs. My posts wasn't meant completely seriously - I understand that people are cautious due to the risk of actual death - but I thought that was the only thing holding them back. I never would have imagined that some MMORPGs, like in grey's Shin Megami Tensei example, would take several years or more to reach the max level. That sounds... really... not fun? I always figured the experience curve would be closer to that of regular RPGs, where you can almost always grind to 99 or whatever's the max level in a couple of weeks if you just farm some final dungeon enemies.
Dr. Casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-18, 21:45   Link #264
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Casey View Post
Aww, I'm not that young. I just don't have much experience with MMORPGs, my forte is just traditional single-player RPGs. My posts wasn't meant completely seriously - I understand that people are cautious due to the risk of actual death - but I thought that was the only thing holding them back. I never would have imagined that some MMORPGs, like in grey's Shin Megami Tensei example, would take several years or more to reach the max level. That sounds... really... not fun? I always figured the experience curve would be closer to that of regular RPGs, where you can almost always grind to 99 or whatever's the max level in a couple of weeks if you just farm some final dungeon enemies.
The only MMO's I've spent a lot of time playing, were Star Wars: Galaxies, and Lord of the Rings Online. I played the 2nd one almost every single day, and quit around level 53 after 6 months of playing. Joined a strong guild to help me out, and there was NO way of soloing bosses. I'd go back to areas where the monsters were 10-15 levels behind me, and once it was boss time, I'd half to back off after only taking out half their hp(and I'd be near death). Can't count how many times I died too...

Ugh I need to start up Guild Wars 2 again. I've been seriously slacking...
Old 2012-09-19, 00:33   Link #265
grey_moon
Yummy, sweet and unyuu!!!

Quote:
Really deep game, with lots aspects from capturing and raising Pokemon demons, mixing the best gears, or coming up with a new type of prof (there are no classes as such in this game).

Death really sucks at high levels because the exp penalty is percentage based. Most highbies use cash shop items to let them res without death penalty, but not everyone can afford them.

Another aspect of SMTi that is similar to SAO is how the skills work. You charge your skill first, then you fire it off. Someone attacks you, you can prep a counter, guard or dodge.

Only thing I don't like about the Int version is that we haven't (yet) got content from popular animes such as To Aru Kagaku no Railgun boo boo
Old 2012-09-19, 06:26   Link #266
Adigard

Quote:
That sounds... really... not fun? I always figured the experience curve would be closer to that of regular RPGs, where you can almost always grind to 99 or whatever's the max level in a couple of weeks if you just farm some final dungeon enemies.
You have to keep in mind that in the old school MMO's the developer's made their money by keeping you subscribed for the longest amount of time... so the modern day 'blink and you'll miss hitting the level cap' ideas didn't exist. Half of the game back then really was just getting to the cap. Taking a few years to get your character to the level cap with one or two jobs (in FFXI, for instance) wasn't too surprising.

It's not like that now, modern MMO's are far too instant-gratification... but in many cases it's better / easier / more enjoyable for casual players.
Adigard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-20, 03:37   Link #267
ginger02

This was the 3rd episode of the show I've seen and i kind of liked it. Was a bit surprised that they are married now though. The show seems to blend a lot of different styles and genres together well.
ginger02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-20, 05:37   Link #268
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Oh god, the Nico Nico's episode airing and their links to "relevant products" area killed me.
Walls. Lots of replacement WALL products.

Comments are full of "I ran out of walls to punch".
Old 2012-09-20, 10:13   Link #269
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
Oh god, the Nico Nico's episode airing and their links to "relevant products" area killed me.
Walls. Lots of replacement WALL products.

Comments are full of "I ran out of walls to punch".
Kind man, would you be so kind as to get me the link to the SAO page in NND? I think I need to get a Comment Extractor there working and see the comments as I go.
ronelm2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-20, 10:50   Link #270
Alucard24

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
My first impression of Yui was:

Hey, it's 2002 again, hello there .hack

Quote:
Originally Posted by orpheus2 View Post
I agree.

After re watching again, I get same feeling to a certain character in .hack. It really does seem strange. She's not an NPC and yet there is evidence to say she's also not a normal player.
Yeah, me too. It's almost scary how much the two are identicals 10 years apart !
Alucard24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-20, 12:09   Link #271
Utsuro no Hako

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alucard24 View Post
Yeah, me too. It's almost scary how much the two are identicals 10 years apart !
Remember that Kawahara originally published the series on his website starting in 2002, so this actually came out at the same time as .hack.
Utsuro no Hako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-20, 12:58   Link #272
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronelm2000 View Post
Kind man, would you be so kind as to get me the link to the SAO page in NND? I think I need to get a Comment Extractor there working and see the comments as I go.
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/1347592175

But it only takes IP from Japan, so you'd have to have a proxy.
Old 2012-09-21, 13:31   Link #273
Alucard24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utsuro no Hako View Post
Remember that Kawahara originally published the series on his website starting in 2002, so this actually came out at the same time as .hack.
Then why didn't he publish it before 2009 ? As for .hack, it was premiered in Japan on TV Tokyo April 4, 2002 but of course, it was in the work before that and we don't know how long it was, maybe summer 2001 or even before.
Alucard24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-21, 13:53   Link #274
Adigard

Quote:
Then why didn't he publish it before 2009?
'cause? But probably because he couldn't find a publisher... that's why most things don't get published.

I'm assuming that's why he didn't publish it back in '02. It wasn't until Accel World took off that he published it. His initial submission for the award was too long so he converted his works to a web format. But I don't actually know how hard he worked between 2002 > 2009 to get SAO published, but he did continue to churn out web novels. Since the web novel was somewhere near the end of Alicization he must have put quite a ton of the material up on the web prior to finding a publisher.

Quote:
...but of course, it was in the work before that and we don't know how long it was, maybe summer 2001 or even before.
This has been brought up before... and honestly I've never understood why it's relevant or even bears mentioning. Unless we're assuming that Reki Kawahara somehow broke into the .hack offices and stole the idea off their storyboards does it really matter who came up with the notion first?

It's, in theory (we don't really have enough information from the anime yet to decide they're identical), a pair of similar notions from two different groups that were released around the same time.
Adigard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-21, 18:44   Link #275
Crisis
Rock on ^^

Everything is getting wrapped up way quick and the anime has slowed down ?

And wtf was with Asura thinking she was gonna get laid ?

Cosplay at it's best Thread
Crisis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-21, 20:21   Link #276
Dark Wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisis View Post
And wtf was with Asura thinking she was gonna get laid ?
Because she wanted to get laid. Think about it two years without the closeness of another human being would have people longing for some kind of intimate relationship.
Old 2012-09-22, 00:16   Link #277
Quadratic
SIBYL salesman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Wing View Post
Because she wanted to get laid.
I kinda disagree here. It's because she thought he wanted to get laid, hence the whole misunderstanding. The tension while drinking tea, then she said "okay", ie. deciding to just get it over with. I'm not implying she didn't want it, though how it came about implied she's giving what his request was.

(In before novel readers adding novel spoilers to disprove my thoughts)
Quadratic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-22, 00:51   Link #278
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quadratic View Post
I kinda disagree here. It's because she thought he wanted to get laid, hence the whole misunderstanding. The tension while drinking tea, then she said "okay", ie. deciding to just get it over with. I'm not implying she didn't want it, though how it came about implied she's giving what his request was.
Wait, are we talking about what happened in Episode 10, or something different in Episode 11? I was confused by the original comment myself.

(And yeah... it'd be nice if novel readers would ease up a bit on "oh, some anime viewer made a speculative comment; I absolutely must provide them with every detail they missed from not reading the novel!" It's not like people couldn't read the novels themselves if they really wanted to; it's not a "unique skill". If people haven't read it thus far, we can assume they want to watch the anime without novel info.)
Old 2012-09-22, 02:27   Link #279
Quadratic
SIBYL salesman

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Wait, are we talking about what happened in Episode 10, or something different in Episode 11? I was confused by the original comment myself.

(And yeah... it'd be nice if novel readers would ease up a bit on "oh, some anime viewer made a speculative comment; I absolutely must provide them with every detail they missed from not reading the novel!" It's not like people couldn't read the novels themselves if they really wanted to; it's not a "unique skill". If people haven't read it thus far, we can assume they want to watch the anime without novel info.)
Wait, was there a part in this episode where she wanted to get laid (I seriously can't remember)?
EDIT: I think he was refering to ep 10, but might have wanted to imply something with sex->marriage->happy times.
EDIT2: No wait, I think something with battle->announce together forever->sex->marriage->happy times was rushed and the 'announce together forever'->sex was a bit of a wtf.

Double post, but it is on a slightly different note from before but will be more on topic, I promise.
I find Kirito & Asuna's relationship rather interesting but I don't think they're a proper romantic relationship, yet (despite what others are saying).

Asuna loves him because of the large influence he's had in her life in the VR world (because she's clearly doing it wrong):
Asuna: "Food's not that tasty is it?" -> The cream on the bread -> Takes up cooking skill
Kirito: "I suggest you join a guild" -> Joins a guild
Kirito: "Don't overdo it, relax" -> Sleeps for the day

Asuna's "I don't know what to do if you had died" makes sense because she's a practically a lost puppy in the VR world.
Compound this with the whole Kirito-Kuradeel & Kirito-Heathcliff fight over Asuna incidents (what girl doesn't like a guy defending her honor?), I think it's clear she feels she owes him.

As for Kirito, I honestly didn't see any (or can't remember - this is where other viewers comes in an makes a rebuttal) what made Kirito love Asuna.
Looking back at ep 10, Kirito says he will use his body for her purpose.
Well, that's logical in the typical man honor code sense (or whatever the correct term is). He now owes her an enormous debt, because she saved him so his idea of repayment is his life in pledge to her service.
She's says she'll leave him alone, so the kiss is his way of binding the contract and ensure she doesn't leave.

They sleep in separate beds despite being "married", and when Asuna whispers she loves him, she is relieved when he didn't hear her. Clearly, they're not on the same page in terms of their relationship.

In this episode, he questions whether their relationship exists in the real world, which is really to ask, what experience(s) still counts in the real world, despite being in a VR world?
As it stands, they believe their lives are on the line, thus their debts to each other are real. But on the off chance no ones actually died, what becomes of their relationship since their entire relationship was based on their debt to each other?

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2012-09-25 at 20:10. Reason: edit rather than double-posting
Quadratic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-22, 03:57   Link #280
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

People don't really need a reason to fall for eachother. An incentive helps, but really trying to apply reason to love is like trying to apply a jackhammer to a screw.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote