Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fairy Tail

Notices

Old 2012-06-18, 01:15   Link #8761
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krono View Post
Interesting speculation, but I expect Wendy to win, or at worst get a tie. First of all, when you talk about the possibility of Wendy getting a rematch the next day in a tag battle, you seem to be forgetting that 1) the teams themselves do not choose who fights, and 2) we've had no indication that the tag battles will be different than the 1v1s. Meaning each team only fights once, with a possible exception for one team fighting twice to make up for Raven Tail being DQ.

Beyond that, there's no real need to keep Lamia Scale as an extremely strong contender. The sub plot with Leon and Gray is pretty minor, and meant for humor. Mashima can afford to have them fall behind to the point where they can't contend for first. Even so, they can lose here and remain in reasonably strong contention as long as they win their tag battle, and do well in the day four competition.

Nor do I really see Fairy Tail ending the day on a downer note. They've had a sweep thus far, this basically being their big comeback day. I don't really see this stopping at this point. Especially not at the expense of Wendy losing her first 1v1 battle in the series.
I see your points but disagree though your arguments are solid. While I did mention a possibility of a rematch my theory wasn't dependent on it, in fact there are tons of ways a "tag" battle could play out (2 vs 2, team vs team, winning team gets to choose next match up from a list of possibilities or something (so the battles "tag" from one team to another)). Plus there is always possibility of a day 4/5 event of them going up against each other again too, Eve and Rufus fought each other twice after all.

As to keeping Lamia Scale a strong contender I do see a reason and it isn't really Gray vs Lyon... this chap set up Gray vs Rufus anyways), simply put Mermaid Heel has less plot potential vs Lamia Scale. Then at the end of the day Fairy Tail A, Fairy Tail B, and Sabertooth are going to match up but unless A and B merge into one team later than one of these guilds will need a strong opponent. Who better than Jura, Shelia (possible Zeref or some lost magic wielder), Lyon, and 2 shrubs vs Kagura and Millianna and 3 shrubs (unless they have an amazing replacement mage we haven't seen yet). For all we know Fairy Tail A and B will have to fight one another in the tag round (this representing a quarter finals round) and Sabertooth will fight Lamia Scale. With the winning teams competing for ranks 1 and 2 and loser teams vs one another for ranks 3 and 4. As I said too many possibilities for Mashima to rule out the current #2 guild from the running, imho.

Either way, Fairy Tail A and B are going to need a second opponent that feels a challenge.

As to the downer, that's a personal choice but I think we need a hype for tomorrow's events, so far every day has had a night after and good use of that would be one team pulling ahead of the other. Also my speculation about Fairy Tail only winning 3 events due to having 3 members on July 3rd in the core team sadly makes too much sense to me when thinking about Mashima's crazy logic system. Plus it just feels too early for the 2 great new magics hyped about to appear now... I mean they're the last 2 magics the air dragon knew for crying out loud and they're only day 3 tools. No Mashima has trolled use before with great powers like the first use of Fairy Glitter being pawned.

Could be wrong... freely admit it. Just my thoughts atm, as the above is yours. Nice food for thought though
Old 2012-06-18, 10:11   Link #8762
xKeir
Upon a wishing Star

Raven Tail is so ... LoL. Idk how damn overpowered Laxus is despite me being a fan of him but that ended way too fast for a opponent built up to be a 'threat' getting their asses handed to them with single strikes. He didn't even get a scratch.

I personally, though really liked how when Laxus was raping Raven Tail he went on 'This is for Gray, This is for Lucy etc'. Its like .. the side of him he doesn't show to the guys at Fairy Tail and wasn't shown much but as readers we get to know it. And its also kind of 'interesting/good' that it all happened during Ivan's illusion so no one was able to see it so he got to keep his 'bad-ass' charisma but still everyone knew he got revenge for them in their place. I think the best part was him saying Fairy Tail is his Family. That was the moment of the chapter for me ;/

:O Is it just me or does Fairy Tail always have this element of ''special secret power surprise'' to its characters. I don't really know how to phrase it.

Just one or two lines is all it took for Shelia to be the subject of debate against Wendy ;x

I always thought Lamia Scale's top 2 Jura & Lyon was enough. Now suddenly Shelia has some secret magic .. Well not that its bad or something..If anything its a good thing actually. To have a fair share of strong magicians in separate guilds. But like, to suddenly introduce someone whom seemed weak to be of credible strength. I get that Lamia Scale probably intentionally kept her magic a secret but. Still. As readers...

Anywho, i just wish Wendy would win. Everything's going smoothly all day long, would've sucked for it to end on a sad note. And i REALLY hope that Wendy's new 2 secret dragon slayer arts don't serve to disappoint.. /fairytailonesidedsupporter.

The Chapter ended w/ Jellal running to the stadium. Could it be in anyway possible the match would be intervened/halt so no winner? :3

Speaking of which, quite frankly. Mashima is showing us so many epic power shows by Erza/Cana/Laxus etc. I really am beginning to doubt what Sting/Rouge really am capable of because i think its gonna be a challenge to portray them as 'stronger' having set the standards 'THIS' high. They may be labelled as the 'strongest' guild but now the 'Strongest' Guild has come back. So yeah ... especially seeing how Sting is sweating buckets each time he sees Fairy Tail in action. Could our 2 badass 3rd generation Dragon Slayers be not as strong as they claim? :P Just sayin. All that elite aura they gave off from their first appearance in the manga as the strongest is starting to seem like a joke right now.

Last edited by xKeir; 2012-06-18 at 10:27.
xKeir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-18, 10:14   Link #8763
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

My guess is...the match will either be interrupted or Shelia will win, FT got like 5 straight wins plus Natsu ownage at ST's so it's about time they get a loss again.
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-18, 10:31   Link #8764
Sarun

Flare and Narupudding didn't seem like they would be any match for much of the main FT guild cast. Laxus was easily above Obra and Kurohebi IMO.

As for Ivan, didn't his illusion fooled pretty much everybody? That has gotta be hax magic. And might have taken significant chunk out of his magic power. Plus, he might have been the one who did astral projection of all 5 RT members. After all, only after he was defeated, the astral projection went blank. That also might have taken another significant chunk of magic power out of him. Remember J-Man not at full power when he had one astral projection (though granted, he was obliged to keep the Astral Projection at Wizard Saint Level).
Old 2012-06-18, 12:56   Link #8765
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

The energy drain from keeping up 4 individual illusions at once PLUS maintaining an illusionary barrier that displayed a battle going on - that MUST have been a power drain. So while he was a Guild Master, he was already doing something pretty big - fighting against his son, who's on par with a standard Guild Master, must have been too heavy of a toll on his power (hence why he got the other Raven Tails to come into the fight.

As for Wendy's fight, It's going to be a surprisingly good one, but...

Spoiler for a possiblity:
Old 2012-06-18, 16:40   Link #8766
Krono

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryus View Post
I see your points but disagree though your arguments are solid. While I did mention a possibility of a rematch my theory wasn't dependent on it, in fact there are tons of ways a "tag" battle could play out (2 vs 2, team vs team, winning team gets to choose next match up from a list of possibilities or something (so the battles "tag" from one team to another)). Plus there is always possibility of a day 4/5 event of them going up against each other again too, Eve and Rufus fought each other twice after all.
I didn't think your theory rested on it, I just wanted to point out that it's flat out wrong under the current rules thus far. The tag battle will likely be either 2v2, or 3v3, and are pretty much certain to be chosen by the tournament officials in keeping with the way battles have gone thus far. I highly doubt they'll make changes other than what's necessitated by Raven Tail's ouster to the "tournament officials pick the fights, one fight per team" until day 5, if at all. Eve and Rufus fought each other twice by virtue of colliding in the games, then in the battles. That's rather different than colliding in battle, then in battle again.

Quote:
As to keeping Lamia Scale a strong contender I do see a reason and it isn't really Gray vs Lyon... this chap set up Gray vs Rufus anyways), simply put Mermaid Heel has less plot potential vs Lamia Scale. Then at the end of the day Fairy Tail A, Fairy Tail B, and Sabertooth are going to match up but unless A and B merge into one team later than one of these guilds will need a strong opponent. Who better than Jura, Shelia (possible Zeref or some lost magic wielder), Lyon, and 2 shrubs vs Kagura and Millianna and 3 shrubs (unless they have an amazing replacement mage we haven't seen yet). For all we know Fairy Tail A and B will have to fight one another in the tag round (this representing a quarter finals round) and Sabertooth will fight Lamia Scale. With the winning teams competing for ranks 1 and 2 and loser teams vs one another for ranks 3 and 4. As I said too many possibilities for Mashima to rule out the current #2 guild from the running, imho.

Either way, Fairy Tail A and B are going to need a second opponent that feels a challenge.
I was talking about the bet Leon thinks he has going and Gray thinks is ridiculous. That's what I see as the main reason to keep things close between Lamia Scale and Fairy Tail A, it isn't a particularly strong reason. I highly doubt we'll seen Leon vs Gray as it wouldn't really change anything about that sub plot, and Mashima's probably trying to avoid rematches from earlier in the manga.

As for needing them close to be guild that feels like a challenge, they don't need to win vs Wendy for that. They can do that even if they're down, and if defeating Fairy Tail won't put them above Fairy Tail. Competition between FTA and FTB, and FT and ST is going to be tight. Even a draw vs LS after winning on day 3 could make the difference between whether a FT team comes out above ST, or between which FT team is ahead of the other.

Plus, I rather suspect Day 4 might be used to have the battles between Sabertooth and Fairy Tail. Sabertooth having to fight twice to make up for Raven Tail's ouster would let them fight both Fairy Tail teams in a single day, and the tag battle format would let them get all four of their main set up fights out the way for day five.

Quote:
As to the downer, that's a personal choice but I think we need a hype for tomorrow's events, so far every day has had a night after and good use of that would be one team pulling ahead of the other. Also my speculation about Fairy Tail only winning 3 events due to having 3 members on July 3rd in the core team sadly makes too much sense to me when thinking about Mashima's crazy logic system. Plus it just feels too early for the 2 great new magics hyped about to appear now... I mean they're the last 2 magics the air dragon knew for crying out loud and they're only day 3 tools. No Mashima has trolled use before with great powers like the first use of Fairy Glitter being pawned.
I doubt Wendy would need the two new magics to win the fight. Plus, even if Wendy does need one or both of them to win, it's her first 1v1 fight in the series, and day 3 is about impressing the crowd as much as it is about winning, so I'd say the use would still be fitting.

Quote:
Could be wrong... freely admit it. Just my thoughts atm, as the above is yours. Nice food for thought though
Thanks.
Krono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-19, 20:30   Link #8767
MAX_COLA_POWER!

It's always the teenagers who are the huge wells of untapped power huh?^^;;, I wanna say that Chelia's powers may the same as Sherry's, but the fact that even Mavis is noticing her, that possibility is most like way off. Also, ....Jells, can't stop my freedom to nickname.
Old 2012-06-20, 09:43   Link #8768
classic

I want someone from FT A to fight someone from FT B. There is a possibility that we will have such a fight isnt it?
classic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-20, 10:15   Link #8769
immblueversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by classic View Post
I want someone from FT A to fight someone from FT B. There is a possibility that we will have such a fight isnt it?
If they don't end up merging FT A and FT B to even out the now odd number of teams, yes.

I just know what you should be doing.
immblueversion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-20, 10:51   Link #8770
DarkSkiper
Evil Mage

The problem in merging FT A and FT B is the question about the points.
If the two teams get joined points then even if Wendy loses they pretty much won the tournament.
BUT if they leave the points earned only by the team with highest points (for now It's B but if Wendy wins then it will be A).
And that would make the points earned by the other team pointless which is also unfair.
But I guess will have to see how things will play out.
DarkSkiper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-20, 11:14   Link #8771
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Spoiler for RAW chapter about the movie(?):
Old 2012-06-21, 04:29   Link #8772
alekos23

really looking forward to next chap
alekos23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-22, 04:21   Link #8773
DarkSkiper
Evil Mage

Spoiler for Loli Battle:
DarkSkiper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-22, 05:28   Link #8774
ImperialFlameGod8190

so ignoring the fact u spelled her name wrong woo boy it sounds quite interesting
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-22, 05:42   Link #8775
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

It's funny because Chelia is actually the correct spelling :O

Spoiler for 288:
Old 2012-06-22, 05:57   Link #8776
ImperialFlameGod8190

well my bad so let me get this straight the person who got a rise out of everybody and is gonna turn this whole thing upside down is the innocent little loli its always the loli's that surprise ya sheesh
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-22, 05:58   Link #8777
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Use spoilers...the chapter isn't translated yet.
Old 2012-06-22, 07:57   Link #8778
ShiroiRyu

Big powerful attack ...
But that was not enought. O_o
Do you think all God Slayers are with Zeref ?
Old 2012-06-22, 08:00   Link #8779
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Ugh, i hope wendy wipes that annoying crazy lili look off her face.
Old 2012-06-22, 08:12   Link #8780
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Yea...I highly doubt Wendy will win. She'll probably have one of those epic "I will never give up" moments where she's barely able to stand but keeps fighting...yet ultimately she'll be beaten. I'm actually hoping for Chelia to go overboard and use something that could actually kill Wendy and have Jellal save her but reveal himself in the process.

And from the looks of it, Orga could be a Lightning God Slayer.

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, shounen