AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kanon

Notices

View Poll Results: Kanon - 2006 - Episode 13 Rating
Perfect 10 30 25.86%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 53 45.69%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 23 19.83%
7 out of 10 : Good 9 7.76%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.86%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2006-12-29, 02:44   Link #21
Owaranai Destiny
Nick of Time~

Send a message via AIM to Owaranai Destiny Send a message via MSN to Owaranai Destiny
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Actually he's got less pleasant reasons than just "keeping order" but those will be revealed (unless KyoAni tweaks the story).

I might have heard about that somewhere... With a few hints dropped fomr the summary of episode 13 and the small conversation between Kuze and Yuuichi & Mai, I'm tempted to believe it might have something to do with Sayuri. Meh, just a guess.
Old 2006-12-29, 02:54   Link #22
Minoto

New AIR product placement this week:

Last edited by Minoto; 2006-12-29 at 03:06. Reason: adding the sloth
Old 2006-12-29, 03:27   Link #23
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

U1 is unbelieably busy. He really has alot of people and things to keep up with. It's quite interesting to see Ayu being tied in to the turn of event in Mai's arc. The way how things are starting to turn out is... really intense. I can't believe how much emotion Yuiichi is starting to show here.
It is funny how Nayuki finally woke up and provides relief to the tension within the episode. I love the ant eater as well.

Sometimes, I think of Kyoani as the firm that could in handling of action. It is true that they've done FMP, but I think that their action shots in Suzumiya Haruhi and here in Kanon are so pronounced that they become imprinted as key scenes in the series.

The countermelodies are quickly being established for Shiori and Ayu while Mai's movement is becoming heavily accented. I can't wait to see how things will turn out in the concerto ahead.

It would be enough for the depressing things in life to only exist in reality.
It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

Old 2006-12-29, 05:32   Link #24
Thelastguardian

Quote:
Actually he's got less pleasant reasons than just "keeping order" but those will be revealed (unless KyoAni tweaks the story).
To him Mai's disobedience is more like the means than the result.

I have always wonder- can someone actually puncture a metal fire extingisher with a wood sword? Hmmm

Personally, I like the game's way of telling how Mai and Sayuri got to know each other (dog => flashback) instead of TV's way(flashback => ? ).

Spoiler for 13:

PS. Didn't Sayuri flew like 4 meters and hit a wall after she got slammed by a "demon" in the last episode? I would expect a person to at least break a few ribs. Or at the very least have bruises on his back so huge that the person can't walk around without screaming. But no, not our Sayuri- she was better than before- heck she even made lunch with her injured hand!

I say Sayuri is the most powerful (and hidden) character in the anime

Last edited by Thelastguardian; 2006-12-29 at 05:52.
Old 2006-12-29, 06:01   Link #25
Skane
Anime Snark

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thelastguardian View Post
~ PS. Didn't Sayuri flew like 4 meters and hit a wall after she got slammed by a "demon" in the last episode? I would expect a person to at least break a few ribs. Or at the very least have bruises on his back so huge that the person can't walk around without screaming. But no, not our Sayuri- she was better than before- heck she even made lunch with her injured hand!

Sayuri has a secret. A secret that will probably remain one unless you play the game's expansion or KyoAni makes an OVA.

Fufufufu!
Old 2006-12-29, 06:51   Link #26
andiyar
wingéd prettygirl
*Author

Send a message via AIM to andiyar Send a message via MSN to andiyar
Quote:
...Its a lot of fun playing Lawful Evil characters in D&D, ya know

Totally off topic - but oh yes, yes it is. Even more fun than Chaotic Neutral, I find. ^^

-Andiyar
Old 2006-12-29, 07:07   Link #27
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

This episode was really good, the main thing that impressed me was yuuichi character development. it is quite realistic (he is not only a carebear with some jokes in his sleeve, he can also be fustrated because he cares about mai too much, he is not the basic sweet hero, nor a jerk without taking one's feelings into consideration)
i liked how he is doing his best to help mai, although not being considered at all (or mai doesn't probably show it very well). the training part was hilarous XD (it reminds me, in SNS, how yuuji was beaten and looked down by shana while they were training )

Ayu's voice were... slighty strident with her first "yuuichi-kun", but it makes it even more cuter ^^

as usual, this episodes set more questions than answers ~~ (ayu status is definitavely dubious, according mai's behaviour)

Nayuki was really welcome for her relieving humour in this episode XD (her sleepy mode is simply priceless, despite being slightly redundant)

excellent episode, except i felt the pace wasn't really "flowing" very well (i felt the several scenes were like...cut from each other). so a 9 instead of a 10 but meh XD
Old 2006-12-29, 07:38   Link #28
MetaFire
Wuthuh?

Just finished watching the sub. I wonder if the whole dance festival student council thing is done with, the way they got mai out of it seemed pretty simple. Also Shiori's someone else has the same last name as my sister and in the same grade but isn't my sister thing was really weird in how Yuuichi kinda just accepted that. Gonna have to check the other subs on that one. I totally loved the roof scene just because of 'inu-san, wan'- so random.

Sayuri had a ton of lines this episode and she was supercute.

I thought the shop part was pretty funny. Images popped into my head during this part:
Spoiler:

The way she said it, I thought she'd go into.

Spoiler:
Old 2006-12-29, 07:48   Link #29
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thelastguardian View Post
PS. Didn't Sayuri flew like 4 meters and hit a wall after she got slammed by a "demon" in the last episode? I would expect a person to at least break a few ribs. Or at the very least have bruises on his back so huge that the person can't walk around without screaming. But no, not our Sayuri- she was better than before- heck she even made lunch with her injured hand!

Well, she is not known amongst the Animesuki fans as "Mahou Shoujo Sayurin" for nothing.
Old 2006-12-29, 08:51   Link #30
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetaFire View Post
Gonna have to check the other subs on that one. I totally loved the roof scene just because of 'inu-san, wan'- so random.
it wasnt random...the reason being ~
Spoiler:

first time seeing yuuichi being pissed off? ~ good job mai

well another very good ep imo ^_^ ~ a little focus on all the girls...man yuuichi has a tough job ~

besides the fact that ayu is still looking for her important thing and mai seems to know something but likes to speak in riddles i guess shiori gets a boast as well ~
Spoiler for shiori:

hmm so now we know that the demons...
Spoiler:

why is it? i think i should write up my speculation in the other thread

neways...2 down 3 to go O.o and the fight scene was golden!

also we hear sayuri's new word..."pikyuu" <------ cute ^_^

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2006-12-29, 12:30   Link #31
Mentar
Banned

I hope it's a forgivable one-time offense... since we're setting up a new tracker, the location for SS-Eclipse Kanon has changed. And with TT down, people are pretty confused. Until next week, things should have settled in.

Here's the MKV version

Here's the AVI verision

Gomen!

Last edited by Mentar; 2006-12-29 at 12:49. Reason: Fixed after vhost change
Old 2006-12-29, 12:36   Link #32
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

errr, the links are broken XD

EDIT : both threads links work, pretty fast and nice work mentar

Last edited by Klashikari; 2006-12-29 at 12:50.
Old 2006-12-29, 12:41   Link #33
LCeh

I really like the way KyotoAni has been handling the different arcs. It's getting more and more apparent that the way they are doing it is probably the best way of doing a story with multiple unrelated arcs, and that is to intertwine them by introducing everyone at the beginning and then have them involved even in different arcs. I am not sure if that's what Toei version did, but I would think KyotoAni's presentation would seem a lot more coherent by doing this.

I was kinda surprised that after Yuuichi's blow up, Mai didn't seem to change at all. I wonder when Mai's change of heart will happen.
Old 2006-12-29, 12:48   Link #34
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCeh View Post
~ I was kinda surprised that after Yuuichi's blow up, Mai didn't seem to change at all. I wonder when Mai's change of heart will happen.
Soon enough. If the Ep14 preview is anything to go by.

It's a tad late now, so I will postpone my thoughts on Ep13 till tomorrow. I will note however, that Ep13 will probably be the most criticised episode by me thus far. Still debating on whether I should award a 7 or 8 to it. Will probably rewatch it again and see how it goes.

Cheers.
Old 2006-12-29, 13:48   Link #35
guuchan
Mou Nakanai~
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
Soon enough. If the Ep14 preview is anything to go by.

It's a tad late now, so I will postpone my thoughts on Ep13 till tomorrow. I will note however, that Ep13 will probably be the most criticised episode by me thus far. Still debating on whether I should award a 7 or 8 to it. Will probably rewatch it again and see how it goes.

Cheers.
I think I might know why. To my surprise, after following the game so loyally for 12 episodes, a lot of "original" material suddenly appear in this one. I will raise two examples:

1)The meeting of Ayu and Mai. There's no such thing in the game of U1 bringing Ayu to the school at night, let alone U1 asking for Mai's help on Ayu's "lost item". If I remember correctly, U1 never even mentioned about Ayu to Mai. Yes, I understand KyoAni is trying to make the characters cross each others' paths, but this is making Mai a bit too... psychic. I believe Mai & Ayu never met before when they were small, so it's pretty amazing Mai figures out that much about Ayu in the anime by just seeing her.

2)Kitagawa saved the day here. However, in the game, it totally thanks to Sayuri that Mai avoided her crisis of being expelled from school. Sayuri kind of "sacrificed" herself for that. Kitagawa, on the other hand, is pretty much useless throughout the whole game.

I'm not sure the later one is a good change, since it really doesn't do Sayuri justice. It makes everything seem too easy too. Anyway, the preview of episode 14 looks promising, can't wait till it's aired.
Old 2006-12-29, 14:30   Link #36
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by guuchan View Post
2)Kitagawa saved the day here. However, in the game, it totally thanks to Sayuri that Mai avoided her crisis of being expelled from school. Sayuri kind of "sacrificed" herself for that. Kitagawa, on the other hand, is pretty much useless throughout the whole game.
what do you mean by sacrifice? sounds kinda bad ~ but good thing that these criticisms dont affect me much being a first time viewer but the downside to it is that i cant talk about stuff from past experiences

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2006-12-29, 15:20   Link #37
aliensporebomb

Send a message via AIM to aliensporebomb Send a message via Yahoo to aliensporebomb
Re: EP13:

My opinion: win. I can see how some Kanon purists might feel there
is getting to be too much deviation from the original but I'm liking this-
I'm seeing a little more depth in characters that were verging on one-
dimensional before.

Spoiler:

I'm digging this, big time.
Old 2006-12-29, 15:44   Link #38
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

<sigh> for some reason, my ep 13 download is moving like cold molasses .... it'll be a while before I can join in the banter...
Old 2006-12-29, 15:47   Link #39
Cyz
"Show it to me"

Nice episode though it's not as good as the last one. Anyway, Sayuri looked really cute when she's carrying the giant anteater stuff animal on her back. What else....oh yeah, Kuze runs away in fear because of Mai's penetrating stare (way to go Mai!). Next episode...I think that would be almost close to ending Mai's arc no? And it looks like they'll show...
Spoiler:

Random thought: I wonder how late does Nayuki sleeps at night? Or maybe she was just like that after all like Kaori said .
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Old 2006-12-29, 15:51   Link #40
IRJustman
Founder, Sprocket Hole
*Fansubber