AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2007-02-22, 10:36   Link #21
MysticNinjaJay
Ninja Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hentai Guy View Post
I honestly didn't think it was even an arguable issue that there was a single real-body.
The mistake can easily be made when there is talk of the chakra being evenly distributed about all the clones and the emphasis on all of them being "real" vs. bunshins being illusions and the fact that the real Naruto is always the last one to get hit.

What happens if the real Naruto gets hit? Do all of the clones dispell?

Since that never happened it seems as if the real Naruto is simply the last clone remaining and since the jutsu is dispelled it is just Naruto.

Basically:

1. No real body. All of them are clones until there is only one left, dispelling the jutsu.

vs.

2. The real body fighting amongst the clones who is vunerable to attack.

I thought the belief in a real body was an assumption of opponents unfamiliar with the jutsu.

But now that I think about it a real body has been implied before.

For instance when Itachi stabbed Kakashi's Mizu Bunshin he used his real body.

Kurenai mistakenly thought the stabber was a kagebunshin and tried to attack the Itachi standing infront of her which turned out to be an explosive kagebunshin, which Kakashi recognized and immediately attempted to rescue her.

Quote:
Naruto appears to have enough control over his clones that he uses them as disposable heroes...you'd think that if each one was a real one, they'd take issue with being dispelled needlessly.
I don't think anything is controversial with them all being real. It simply means that he is not vunerable to attack until every clone has been dispelled.

It's not as if them all being real means they have a free will and value their lives.

It's just a jutsu.

Quote:
If there wasn't a real one, Naruto wouldn't have said what he did when fighting Neji...because every one would be the real Naruto.
I figured that he knew Neji would make that assumption, being that he is unfamiliar with the jutsu and that he was baiting him.

But when I look at that scene over again, the Chunnin instructors that are watching the fight assume that Neji has hit the real Naruto themselves and they are familiar with the jutsu so that is further evidence that there must be a real body (not to mentions Naruto's statement as you said).

I honestly did not question the belief that there was no real body until this thread. I must have interpreted something in the manga or anime wrongly a long time ago.
Old 2007-02-22, 12:15   Link #22
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShurikenJay View Post

But when I look at that scene over again, the Chunnin instructors that are watching the fight assume that Neji has hit the real Naruto themselves and they are familiar with the jutsu so that is further evidence that there must be a real body (not to mentions Naruto's statement as you said).

I honestly did not question the belief that there was no real body until this thread. I must have interpreted something in the manga or anime wrongly a long time ago.
Not to mention this past chapter where Ino remarks about Naruto sending in his real body as a decoy to fool Kakuzu. There's also the fact that all the bunshin are aware they are clones and can even dispel themselves.
Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-22, 15:59   Link #23
MysticNinjaJay
Ninja Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabaku Kyu View Post
Not to mention this past chapter where Ino remarks about Naruto sending in his real body as a decoy to fool Kakuzu. There's also the fact that all the bunshin are aware they are clones and can even dispel themselves.
That's why I originally made this thread because I thought it was another contradiction.

I don't think the clones being able to dispel themselves contradicts the idea that they are all clones until only one is left. They all seem to be working as a team and sometimes argue with one another.

But looking at all the facts together I realize the error in assuming there was no real body.