AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Heavy Object

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2015-10-31, 00:03   Link #1021
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master_Yoma View Post

Frolaytia not shy at all and found a way to take a shower
Watching for her only.
Old 2015-10-31, 00:37   Link #1022
ValvraveTruth

It feels like the episode stories just repeating itself.

The same pattern of princess in a pinch > Qwenthur want to save princess > Havia object say is impossible > Qwenthur's save princess logic and don't give a fuck > Qwenthur minimum of helping > save day.

Same what become a 2 man show of "manzai" and to the next battlefield.
Old 2015-10-31, 01:06   Link #1023
Haruyasha
名前は?
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValvraveTruth View Post

The same pattern of princess in a pinch > Qwenthur want to save princess > Havia object say is impossible > Qwenthur's save princess logic and don't give a fuck > Qwenthur minimum of helping > save day.

Really, so you just noticed this now?

This anime is like a terrible mmorpg. Grind through the crap so that you can be rewarded with a little bit of fanservice.
Old 2015-10-31, 02:59   Link #1024
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Not really, it just means that there's less Objects at your disposal to spread around the world.

In this case, pedaling oil to militants groups might just be some side money rather than a critical operation.
And yet they sent three Reactors to do it. All stuffed into what is technically one Object, but the cost should be the same as three Objects.
Old 2015-10-31, 03:10   Link #1025
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
jeez make up your mind Havia, do you want beach bikini babes?, your own harem of maids back home?, or red undergarments Frolaytia? though what he said about his maids maybe came out wrong if that one of his maids is also someone's grandma

how Qwenthur manages to pick up the same speed as the Objects that are probably much faster than his puny jet sub bike thing due to their more powerful engines still makes me scratch my head, unless the Tri-Core was really moving too damn slow at that moment even while trying to avoid getting hit by the Baby Magnum,

lastly no Qwenthur!!, Frolaytia is somehow already Havia's waifu, you already have your princess!!, its like a shipping troll
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Old 2015-10-31, 04:30   Link #1026
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

goddammit.

I hope they make action figures for Qwenthur and Hevia. My figma Solid Snake needs a couple of morons to push around.
Old 2015-10-31, 06:43   Link #1027
Heir of the Void

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriot's Blade View Post
jeez make up your mind Havia, do you want beach bikini babes?, your own harem of maids back home?, or red undergarments Frolaytia? though what he said about his maids maybe came out wrong if that one of his maids is also someone's grandma

how Qwenthur manages to pick up the same speed as the Objects that are probably much faster than his puny jet sub bike thing due to their more powerful engines still makes me scratch my head, unless the Tri-Core was really moving too damn slow at that moment even while trying to avoid getting hit by the Baby Magnum,

lastly no Qwenthur!!, Frolaytia is somehow already Havia's waifu, you already have your princess!!, its like a shipping troll
Yeah, though given how excited Hevia got at the prospect of Frolaytia stoping him, maids might not be what he wants(?)

I don't know how fast the Tri-Core would be. It has three time the power of a normal Object, but if it's 180m long, its side length is upwards of two hundred meters, so its going to be feeling a lot of drag, especially with the Shark Keels.
Old 2015-10-31, 06:47   Link #1028
ReddyRedWolf

Army Brass: Congratulations on a excellent job boys! I know you are going to get annoyed at commendation ceremonies every time this happens that is why we are sending you to the next battlefield immediately! Godspeed to you both!
Old 2015-10-31, 07:55   Link #1029
Weather
Wonder Wind

Quote:

In case you don't know people... the reason for this one is becasue we have not left volume 1 yet.

Respect the Earth! If not... Who knows? You might get cursed... heh heh~
Old 2015-10-31, 10:51   Link #1030
chaos_animagic

Quote:
Originally Posted by OH&S View Post
Images
Bottom View
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
actually...

according to this, I at first thought it would be like a "shark fin" which is what all the SUB had it...

But like Chaos2Frozen said... it's like a baton.

Meaning it's round, so... how did a net get tangled up in a round stick and not get washed away from the water.

Especially if said baton can "retract" and basically remove the net (I didn't see the net get stuck "inside" the baton, only "tangled" outside....)

And that self-destruction... lol... doesn't really look that real, especially considering the fact the Object is made to float on the water... the "baton"s function is to help it "turn".

So even if the baton isn't functional, it still means the Object would just end up going straight instead of being able to turn... balance of weight wouldn't really affect it.

Cause if the weight would affect it, the first baton getting tangled should already make the Object break down (also, judging by how they keep on commenting on the strength of an Object's armor... I find it real hard to believe a tiny rocking could break something that takes a Nuke to break...)

And first thing... I am pretty sure they'll also have warning screens poping up about the issues to the pilot like the Princess's Object's interface is giving about her cannons.
So how the hell did the Tri-Core pilot not see the "tangle" of the 2nd baton before it started to move. (especially with the fact there are maintenance and guard crews on Tri-Core)

BTW, just noticed something, anyone got a Death count up to now?
People's been dying left and right in every episode. (not just the pilots)
Old 2015-10-31, 10:57   Link #1031
Weather
Wonder Wind

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaos_animagic View Post
actually...

according to this, I at first thought it would be like a "shark fin" which is what all the SUB had it...

Meaning it's round, so... how did a net get tangled up in a round stick and not get washed away from the water.

Especially if said baton can "retract" and basically remove the net (I didn't see the net get stuck "inside" the baton, only "tangled" outside....)

And that self-destruction... lol... doesn't really look that real, especially considering the fact the Object is made to float on the water... the "baton"s function is to help it "turn".

So even if the baton isn't functional, it still means the Object would just end up going straight instead of being able to turn... balance of weight wouldn't really affect it.

Cause if the weight would affect it, the first baton getting tangled should already make the Object break down (also, judging by how they keep on commenting on the strength of an Object's armor... I find it real hard to believe a tiny rocking could break something that takes a Nuke to break...)

And first thing... I am pretty sure they'll also have warning screens poping up about the issues to the pilot like the Princess's Object's interface is giving about her cannons.
So how the hell did the Tri-Core pilot not see the "tangle" of the 2nd baton before it started to move. (especially with the fact there are maintenance and guard crews on Tri-Core)
The net was huge and mad of solid metal, probably steel.

It most likely got caught in the joints of the baton when it retracts.

It most likely gave warnings, but what could the pilot do? he was alone in the middle of battle, trying to stop to repair it will just end being a sitting duck, and the Baby Magnum had still a workable main cannon.

The mantenaince and guards were dead remember? they got killed in the explosion that Quenser set up last chapter.

Old 2015-10-31, 11:34   Link #1032
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

It's not like they could do much while the Object's moving at 300+kph.
Old 2015-10-31, 12:21   Link #1033
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
actually...

Depiction is a bit off but the idea is that it's jammed in the mechanism. A literally monkey wrench in the gears if you will.

Quote:

You're misunderstanding a lot- The baton helps the Tri-Core to turn by acting as a counter balance to it's extreme heavy weight (well, extreme for an Object), so it doesn't just capsize the whole vessel from it's momentum. So with one of them down, they could deal with the problem by just not turning the wrong way. However with two of the batons rendered useless, the heavy weight of the two cores would be too much to handle.

And it has nothing to do with how strong they build the thing. In fact the stronger they build it the bigger the problem. Because the Cores are heavier than the structures that links it, rocking the Core uncontrollably would place an immense stress on the structure, and because it couldn't be mitigated by the baton, the momentum of each swings just spirals out of control.

It's not exactly the same thing but this should give you some idea... And that's just from wind!

Quote:
It didn't move by itself- Didn't you not see Baby Magnum firing into the water to cause a movement?
Old 2015-10-31, 12:31   Link #1034
SPARTAN 119
Unleashing the Homu-Rage

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haruyasha View Post
Really, so you just noticed this now?

This anime is like a terrible mmorpg. Grind through the crap so that you can be rewarded with a little bit of fanservice.

LOL, definitely does seem to be following an "Object of the week" (or really every couple weeks) pattern, although when you're a special operations unit specifically tasked with taking out Objects, I suspect that would be the kind of thing to be expected.

On other notes, I can't help thinking Qwenthur and Princess, and, less so, but possibly Havia and Floretia are possible pairings in spite of their supposed military ranks (well, less so for Princess and Quenthur) prohibiting that. Then again, perhaps due to the impact of Objects in warfare, the whole things seems Mildly Military.
Old 2015-10-31, 12:54   Link #1035
Weather
Wonder Wind

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPARTAN 119 View Post
LOL, definitely does seem to be following an "Object of the week" (or really every couple weeks) pattern, although when you're a special operations unit specifically tasked with taking out Objects, I suspect that would be the kind of thing to be expected.

On other notes, I can't help thinking Qwenthur and Princess, and, less so, but possibly Havia and Floretia are possible pairings in spite of their supposed military ranks (well, less so for Princess and Quenthur) prohibiting that. Then again, perhaps due to the impact of Objects in warfare, the whole things seems Mildly Military.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Me
In case you don't know people... the reason for this one is becasue we have not left volume 1 yet.
Pretty much.

Old 2015-10-31, 13:01   Link #1036
The 48th Ronin

Woah, I never expected Frolaytia to do that.
Old 2015-10-31, 17:15   Link #1037
Tenzen12

Episode 5 and I am still unamused. It can't be treated seriously and it fails ad comedy too. Not even mentioned nothing make it even lol!sense.

I had some expectation because Kamachi, but compared to his other work this is failure. I don't plan drop it for now, but I doubt Froletya the sole reason for watching will be enough for more information han next arc.
Old 2015-10-31, 17:54   Link #1038
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

owh.... That Frolaytia's fanservice... what a way to boost the spirit of Havia and Qwenthur
at this state, I don't know what kind of "prize" Frolaytia would give to them after 3rd Object snipe

Kinda disappointed at how small Princess' contribution in here
but there's no doubt that Qwenthur took all the credits here *and probably the guys who think to put that Goal Line net in there*

Princess is getting cuter from day to day
really.. nowadays, people really like to put more characters rather than focusing on interaction between few characters instead.. I really enjoyed the interaction between these 4 characters in HO

I actually think that turned upside-down instead of got ripped.. looks like I need to work more on my physics

lastly, I demand pictures of Frolaytia in red underwear
Old 2015-10-31, 21:03   Link #1039
chaos_animagic

Well, if next episode shows another "makes no sense" thing, I am gonna just drop this, lol.

Also, the Crews isn't all dead, remember they only blow up the part where they store the fuel.

There's also other 2 parts where they store the spare parts for actual maintenance. (pretty sure that's where most crew members would be at)

Also,
Quote:
It's not like they could do much while the Object's moving at 300+kph.
speed is nothing, remember we saw the 2 dufus and 3 guard just walking on the Object like nothing... no wind resistance pushing them around at all...

In fact, this is one of those "make no sense" thing, how are they not getting pushed around by the Wind? there's no wind shields, they're completely open...

Also, on the topic of guards, they should probably alerts the other members since the guards were shooting at the 2 dufus... so they probably should know something is up.

Unless the guards are extremely stupid and didn't alert at all... even tho it's like one of the most common thing in guard handbook. (shooting happens in a bank, no one alerts... lol)
Old 2015-10-31, 21:38   Link #1040
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
Episode 5:
Well it seems that the Goal Tape was useful after all... by using it to blow up Tri-Core's keel to bits by Qwenthur! On the other hand, is it me or Qwenthur is getting more reliable than either Havia or Milinda?

Still, looks like he'll be going out to another battlefield again after destroying two Objects. It's sucks!
Closed Thread

Tags
action, comedy, light novel adaptation, mecha, sci-fi