AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-01-30, 11:50   Link #6581
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Send a message via AIM to 00-Raiser
You know, I always find it weird seeing lolis wear bikinis. I mean, what parent would let their child wear something so small?! Rio and Corona have the right idea: one pieces are the way to go. Lutecia could get away with a bikini, but Vivio and Ein should wear something with more... well, just more.

Somehow being secluded has made Lutecia extroverted, so I'm going to have to rethink a lot of things concerning her...

Chapter ends with them getting a book about Ingewald (was that how you spelled it?) from a library, so perhaps next chapter will be story time and we'll get to see what happened in Ancient Belka! Now that is something to look forward to!

Page claim for modesty!
Old 2010-01-30, 11:59   Link #6582
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

You have to remember, Ein doesn't have any parents we know of, And one of Vivio's parents is a woman who enjoyed parading around in public wearing a glorified bathing suit when she was her daughter's age.
Old 2010-01-30, 12:12   Link #6583
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
You have to remember, Ein doesn't have any parents we know of, And one of Vivio's parents is a woman who enjoyed parading around in public wearing a glorified bathing suit when she was her daughter's age.
But at least it was a one piece bathing suit!

Still, I was speaking in more general terms. I know the manga-ka is just doing it for fanservice, but... it just doesn't look good. Bikinis are best for showing off breasts, which, obviously, are things lolis don't have. It makes it a little too blatant they're attempting to get us to lust after these under aged girls. Transformation and bath scenes are different, because with a swim suit, it means the girl had to conciously decide "Ok, I'm going to wear something this skimpy!"

A modest innocence is what works best. Ein's reluctance has the right idea, but it's completely subverted because if she was that embarassed, why did she choose such a skimpy bikini in the first place!? x.o
Old 2010-01-30, 12:15   Link #6584
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
You forget, in the end, it's all about fanservice. Some people like looking at underaged girls in skimpy bikinis, and the mangaka has to cater to those fans just as much as he has to cater to everyone else.
Old 2010-01-30, 12:28   Link #6585
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
You forget, in the end, it's all about fanservice. Some people like looking at underaged girls in skimpy bikinis, and the mangaka has to cater to those fans just as much as he has to cater to everyone else.
I know, and it's a real shame how such fanservice actually spoils characterization.

Vivio was saying how she's still a kid and whatnot, yet she goes around and chooses a swimsuit that's more 'adult.'

Ein comes across as a girl who is more reserved and keeps others at a distance, yet she wears a swimsuit that exposes a lot and draws attention.

It just doesn't really match up. Nove wearing what she does makes sense for her, as she'd probably want to wear as little as possible so it didn't interfere with her mobility.

Anyways, I'm thinking far too deeply into this.

So on the first page, the first thing my eyes went to (after Teana's delicious shoulders) was this "D'awwwww" moment:

I think it's safe to declare myself Rio and Corona's #1 fan (of course Corona is more my type)
Old 2010-01-30, 14:17   Link #6586
FRS
Lurker on the threshold

I really liked the way Ganryu was drawn, do we know if Megane was still able to use magic ? (do we know what kind of magic was she using ?).
Old 2010-01-30, 15:29   Link #6587
Alavon
Worshipper of Nanoha...

You do know that the manga-ka of Vivid is only drawing what he is told? He's not the writer; he just the drawer. So it's not his fault that Vivio and Ein are wearing what they are wearing (even though it's clearly for fanservice) . Blame the writer if you want.
Old 2010-01-30, 16:01   Link #6588
TheShinySword
Master of the Shiny Crack
*Author

Send a message via AIM to TheShinySword Send a message via MSN to TheShinySword
not necessarily it'd depend on how detailed the writer gets if he writes "girls in bathing suits" then it's the artists fault for their tiny weeny bikini (s). Most of the time when a work is a collaborative effort both parties are at fault.
Old 2010-01-30, 16:10   Link #6589
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

To be fair I've seen girls around the same age as them wear similar bathing suits. Sorta makes sense, since the girls are nearing their teenage years. Sure, its awkward to see it happen but its nothing that isn't happening in the real world already.
Old 2010-01-30, 16:11   Link #6590
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Is it just me, or does this mangaka have a habit of drawing Fate like she's on drugs? I swear, in almost every image of her she looks high or something.
Old 2010-01-30, 16:38   Link #6591
Nina.Wolken
~~N/F~~

Quote:
Is it just me, or does this mangaka have a habit of drawing Fate like she's on drugs? I swear, in almost every image of her she looks high or something.
I'd like to disagree but... yeah, she looks high pretty often. But, to tell the truth, I already got this very same feeling in StS .
But I see that like a symptom of love intoxication, nothing to worry too much about (*ī-д-)フゥ-3 .

Last edited by Nina.Wolken; 2010-01-30 at 22:17.
Old 2010-01-30, 17:02   Link #6592
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechdra View Post
Where is my Force? Need it right now!
Nyantype comes out the 30th, expect a delay of several days before scans though. Delivery to JINNSK regions takes a little more time.
Old 2010-01-30, 19:24   Link #6593
al103
Grumpy Russian bear

Send a message via ICQ to al103
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alavon View Post
You do know that the manga-ka of Vivid is only drawing what he is told? He's not the writer; he just the drawer. So it's not his fault that Vivio and Ein are wearing what they are wearing (even though it's clearly for fanservice) . Blame the writer if you want.
Actually it's not like that, he have a big leeway in what he draw. Lio and Corona designs are mostly his for example. It's plot that he don't have say in, designs and drawing style are (mostly) his zone of responsibility.

PS. Also Nanoha/job, Honor/job and Rein/Agito.
PPS. Proud Athrun/Cagalli/Meyrin shipper.
Old 2010-01-30, 19:27   Link #6594
Satashi
Vividly Vivio
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Satashi
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShinySword View Post
not necessarily it'd depend on how detailed the writer gets if he writes "girls in bathing suits" then it's the artists fault for their tiny weeny bikini (s). Most of the time when a work is a collaborative effort both parties are at fault.
Shiny, here's the honest truth......

They read our Vividly and are trying to give us material to work with! *clench fist* we can't let them down!
Old 2010-01-30, 20:58   Link #6595
Nita
Ņe~

Quote:
I said the same thing the other day xD I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks that way
Old 2010-01-30, 21:04   Link #6596
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nita View Post
I said the same thing the other day xD I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks that way
I didn't notice it myself until I took a closer look at the scans, but it's extremely noticable. Fate's seriously got a "Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuude" look in her eyes, I think she might have sniffed something before visiting Lutecia.
Old 2010-01-30, 21:18   Link #6597
Nita
Ņe~

Quote:
I didn't notice it myself until I took a closer look at the scans, but it's extremely noticable. Fate's seriously got a "Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuude" look in her eyes, I think she might have sniffed something before visiting Lutecia.
I noticed it on the first ViVid chapter, but I didn't read too much into it. Then, she started to put that... daaah-face everytime she appeared

But oh well, now we know why she seems to be so happy in this manga
Old 2010-01-30, 21:38   Link #6598
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

Hmm, apparently I don't know what some one on drugs is supposed to look like.
Old 2010-01-30, 21:56   Link #6599
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demi. View Post
Hmm, apparently I don't know what some one on drugs is supposed to look like.
Might just be because of the art style, but for some reason whenever she shows up Fate looks consistently on drugs. Which is strange, since none of the other characters really have that look.

On the chapter, hey, foreshadowing! Looks like we'll be seeing more of Ein's ancestor and how he was related to Olivie, and does this possibly mean that even if she can't return to Mid, Lutecia will be a major character? She certainly knows a lot about Belkan history, so she could be helpful.
Old 2010-01-30, 22:57   Link #6600
Kikaifan
Blazing General

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nya~n View Post
oh god, does this make Signum Evangeline? being her padawan and all...
Well, they share the trait of liking to talk about how old they are combined with lots of extremely false modesty.

Signum is a lot more covert about her jerkass qualities though.

Tags
adventure, manga, nanoha, seinen