AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-02-27, 22:48   Link #41
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by emessen View Post
i like the characters... i like the story... my annoyance stems from the execution in conveying the story...
thats how I feel about this, kinda like Vampire Knight it can annoy me quite alot but I'm just compelled to read on. Its quite odd in that way.
Old 2008-02-28, 00:54   Link #42
Supah Em
WHO DO YOU THINK WE ARE?!
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by emessen View Post
wow....

voicing a critique means i must hate the book huh? cuz i couldnt possibly find something wrong with it if i liked it....

i like the characters... i like the story... my annoyance stems from the execution in conveying the story...
it seems that my words were taken out of context.

what i mean is if you're annoyed its better for the reader to drop the series early on because it is likely that it will only generate more annoyance later on. i do that with some series then return after the series is finished.

im not being mad or critical or judgemental here. im just offering advice(albeit a misunderstood one) in which i can relate.

chapter 55 to be released later

- em(Crazy Translation Team)
Old 2008-03-01, 07:10   Link #43
Supah Em
*Scanlator

due to unforseen cirumstances chapter 55 will be released at a later time (maybe today)

our apologies

- Crazy Translation Team
Old 2008-03-01, 18:03   Link #44
ffnovice7
Senior Baby

Send a message via AIM to ffnovice7 Send a message via MSN to ffnovice7
푸우아~~~, I gots so pisst off, I decided to chime in my two cents (if that's the correct idiom) at crazytje, the newest scanlation team for UxU 54. After searchin' around, I comes across the raws at http://crazytje.be/index.php?r=125, so I was a bit satiated (since my Korean is improving, and I have Google's shoddy yet excusable "Language Tool" to fill in my vocabulary gaps).

Unfortunately for people who HAVE NOT been born in Seoul, HAVE NOT lived in the country for six years, HAVE NOT moved to America to escape financial burden excruciated by economic scandal that preluded to the East Asian crisis of 1997, HAVE NOT had to settle for learning Korean through word of mouth and other self-didactic means because of a slow-yet-steady rise from the brink of lower-middle class to stable mid-middle class that smothered the time and attention of both parents and sibling, and HAVE NOT figured a niche of friendship with quite a humble and amicable people known as "FOB"s ...

(whew.........................)

You'll have to make do with re-reading from scratch (which is what I initially did, and I can't say that I regret it).

Spoiler for Suggestions for not-so-further reading:

The RAW Korean versions are out all the way to vol 8, which is like Chapter 62, yet "unforeseen circumstances" have retarded release of chapter 55. If you're willing to see the raws for seul-Dieu-savent-quoi ([only-]God-knows-what) reason, go to, again, http://crazytje.be/index.php?r=125.
Old 2008-03-01, 18:04   Link #45
ffnovice7
Senior Baby

Also, I'm not raggin' on ANY of the scanlations or the releases; I know how hard translation is, especially with few, if not no native polyglots.

Last edited by ffnovice7; 2008-03-01 at 18:08. Reason: that one comma
Old 2008-03-01, 22:07   Link #46
Cadorna

Send a message via MSN to Cadorna
thanks for the chapter 55
Old 2008-03-02, 00:01   Link #47
Supah Em
*Scanlator

@ ffnovice

i really didnt understand what you said there. my english is bad so my comprehension skills are not topnotch... sorry

chapter 56 to be released in less than a week.

- Crazy Translation Team
Old 2008-03-02, 12:11   Link #48
Mykas
Wu Di Jin Gang Tui

my english is just fine and i have no clue what he is talking about, sounds like he is really angry about something though.... would be nice if we discussed uxu instead....
Old 2008-03-02, 12:28   Link #49
Westlo
Lets be reality

I also have no idea what he's on about, anyway thanks for the release and it looks like Carrie's "contest" is having the right effect on Hae-Young Nah.
Old 2008-03-02, 19:06   Link #50
ffnovice7
Senior Baby

YES I AM ANGRY, or at least I was

Damn, you guys are good; right on target! About by rambling, I just wanted to direct people to the raw versions of UxU; sorry if I didn't "contribute" anything.

Actually, I feel like "contributing" right now: Jin-Ho is a deep, complex version of Heero Yuy (with more than enough physical resemblance), Hae-Young has a withering misandry that is about to be cracked by none other than the man who can with the plan, Ji-Soo/Young-Gi/Ami will contribute greatly to the drama of relations between friends, teacher(s), and students, and Caroline will be the Hae-Young in different circumstances and intent. My favourite chapters are posted in the spoiler up above, my favourite character is (obviously) Jin-Ho, and maybe Carrie.

Last edited by ffnovice7; 2008-03-03 at 00:42. Reason: Parenthesis
Old 2008-03-02, 19:52   Link #51
Supah Em
*Scanlator

the series wont be ending soon as there are still some time left before carrie's departure and i think there will be more events after that

this could get a live action show provided that it gets more popular as the series progresses, and yes, like most korean melodramas this is quite a hair pulling series where it leaves you hanging for most of the important events.

@ ffnovice

now i get it. thanks =)

but as for the heero yuy comparison, i think he doesnt resemble jin ho except maybe the looks
Old 2008-03-04, 03:34   Link #52
ffnovice7
Senior Baby

That's true; Heero was (for the most part) quite selfish in the beginning of GW, thinking of only his crimes and trying to off himself without thinking of how others would react (i.e. Relena). It's only when he started to actually care about anything and realize that his mistakes are just that, mistakes, does he actually have the will to survive (pardon the pun from the last series episode).

But I digress; the main reason why I compare Jin-Ho to Heero is, admittedly, the looks. However, it's when Jin-Ho goes to the clinic for the pregnancy test, and when he defends his friends against school gangs, and when he does everything in his power to back up how he acts with his actions, and when he exudes a manly, responsible, and, most importantly, MATURE air that I think he resembled Heero, in which they are both men who act WAY ahead of their age.

On another note, I love that Un Ami is the cold and detached translation and semblance of Relena to this series, and how when she faces off against Hee... Jin-Ho, they seem to have the least amount of respect for each other. It's refreshing in that in GW, it's basically understood that Heero and Relena have utter admiration and respect for arguably no one but each other. The contrast in relationships between 1xR and Jin-Ho and Ami makes me appreciate both series just a little bit more.

On yet another note, I liked (Ch. 55) how they corrected the confession by Jin-Ho to "love" than "like," yet I am still miffed that they started calling Carrie "Catherine." Chapter 55 was really good in that it reviews the significant instances between Jin-Ho and Hae-Young, reevaluates the relationship status quo, and sets up for the next few, quite climactic chapters. Happy readin', 모두들!

Last edited by ffnovice7; 2008-03-04 at 03:39. Reason: Fleshing out the bitter lesbian; Citing a great exposition
Old 2008-03-04, 20:13   Link #53
Cadorna

Send a message via MSN to Cadorna
how much chapters are out there?
Old 2008-03-04, 21:29   Link #54
Supah Em
*Scanlator

@ ffnovice

yes, the catherine part was quite perplexing. i was not the one translating the chapters before chap 54 so when i translated that part is seems quite odd for them to address her as that.

@ cadorna

chapter 62 for the raws. bimonthly release(painful, i know). we finished translating most of the remaining chapters and all that's left is the cleaning and quality checks
Old 2008-03-04, 22:03   Link #55
ffnovice7
Senior Baby

Ah, so you guys do the scanlation jobs? I gots ta say, "Top job." I really won't complain about the slow releases; it comes with the territory, and anyone who says otherwise is a noobish nig...glet who has no idea what s/he's talkin'bout or a person who actually CAN do what they say, yet I have yet to find anybody of the sort.

The teams have, so far, cleansed and translated everything with great expertise, with negligible mistakes here or there (nothing that can't be fixed, though). On the note of the team, however, I have a request; please reply in consideration of taking in a native Korean speaker for proofreading, quality control, and other minor detail-touch-up jobs (i.e. yours truly, me).

But....

I won't lie here, and I won't lie if you ever decide to contact me; I am 17 years-old, I am a senior still in High School, my Korean level is equivalent to one of an eighth-grader, I haven't even set foot in Korea for about eight years, and I have no experience in scanlation whatsoever. All I can bring to the table is dedication, willpower, work for no pay, moderate competency, and resourcefulness. I don't ask for immediate acceptance; I'll wait on a list if I have to. I just feel that I can contribute in some way, shape, or form to providing English-readers with manhwa at a faster time than if I weren't there to help.
Old 2008-03-05, 00:09   Link #56
Supah Em
*Scanlator

http://crazytje.be/forum

here you can post here for inquiries, im sure the reply will be fast

here's an insider note: we release once in 5 days or in a week because of the slow release of the manhwa itself. its not that we are holding back, its just that we are trying to keep the releases in an orderly pace.
Old 2008-03-05, 09:20   Link #57
Westlo
Lets be reality

Aw man bimonthly that sucks First Kiss X Sis and now this
Old 2008-03-05, 12:30   Link #58
Mykas
Wu Di Jin Gang Tui

you should really be thankful, when kmts was doing this book it was a lot slower, i won't say which team had more quality etc but i am thankful to kmts because without them a lot of good korean books might never be seen in english.
Old 2008-03-05, 19:01   Link #59
fuzzles
anal retentive

Send a message via AIM to fuzzles
oh man good stuff good stuff thanks crazy for the quick releases too can't wait itll volume 8 now
Old 2008-03-05, 23:03   Link #60
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quick question about the manga's release schedule, you said bimonthly which means once every 2 months, looking at the starting date of 2005 don't you mean fortnightly? Anyway chapter 56 was quite good and you're right about it ending on a cliffhanger, thanks for the release!
Closed Thread

Tags
manhwa, romance