Not gonna happen ^O^
Classified Info is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-08, 10:17   Link #482
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Classified Info View Post
Not gonna happen ^O^
Even though it sets in hospital, the drama isn't depressing and you'll be hooked by this one. It has happy ending and it's loved by everyone, seriously.
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-08, 11:19   Link #483
Anime-fan10

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisaoFan View Post
The yuri incest moment you are talking is seen in episode 11, not episode 13 (the hot spring episode). I just hope Classified can see the kissing scene between Sasha and Mafuyu in the final episode (24).

As far as Fate/Stay Night goes, he already seen it entirely, despite the fact that he hated the ending.
If I want to start watching this series, do I watch Fate/Zero first? What does the second season even focus on? I'm just a bit confused where to start since Fate/Zero and Fate/Stay Night are different.

As for suggestions for romance anime: How about KamiSama Dolls? I'm not sure if you've listed this one, but it does have romance in it and it does also have a lot of action. I really enjoyed it and I highly recommend it. Also, I just finished KimiKiss Pure Rouge and I really enjoyed that as well; it's 24 episodes, but very good and emotionally draining.
Anime-fan10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-08, 11:26   Link #484
Classified Info
I miss Haruhi

Fate/Stay night comes first, Fate/Zero comes after. Fate/Zero is about the events that happened years before Fate/stay night, but you should watch F/SN first. F/Z got more action and less romance, and is overall cooler, beside that is still airing.

Just, F/SN is more focused on 2 highschoolers and there is some romance undergoing, while F/Z is totally focused on action, and the protagonists are all adults (Maybe there is only one boy in there).

You reminded me of Kamisama Dolls, and the reason i didn't watch it was because the streaming was low at the time. However, since there is like no streaming left, i'll get it.
Old 2012-04-08, 11:34   Link #485
Anime-fan10

Quote:
Fate/Stay night comes first, Fate/Zero comes after. Fate/Zero is about the events that happened years before Fate/stay night, but you should watch F/SN first. F/Z got more action and less romance, and is overall cooler, beside that is still airing.

Just, F/SN is more focused on 2 highschoolers and there is some romance undergoing, while F/Z is totally focused on action, and the protagonists are all adults (Maybe there is only one boy in there).

You reminded me of Kamisama Dolls, and the reason i didn't watch it was because the streaming was low at the time. However, since there is like no streaming left, i'll get it.
Thanks for the explanation, I appreciate it. Yeah, definitely check out KamiSama Dolls, it's very good. It has some very nice romantic moments along w/ plenty of action so there's a nice balance between the two if you enjoy that kind of anime. I have a feeling a second season will be out eventually.
Old 2012-04-08, 11:55   Link #486
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Hanbun no Tsuki ga Noboru Sora: As stated in the first post, i don't like this kind of depressing stuff, settled in a hospital and filled with tragedy. I just hate it, and not because i'm too emotional when it comes to this, but because my anger piles up since i hate pity and cannot feel it at all, and if i try to lower my "defenses", then it's going to be depressing, so not going to watch it.
I was asked to explain this show and basically, yes, it touches the heart very deeply. There's light moments but under it all there's a serious backdrop and though the ending has Rika-chan and Yuuichi being together, it's a bittersweet one....

That said, seeing the two of them overcome their problems and the strengthening of their relationship is indeed something that warms the heart.

Am I right in saying you just don't like to feel heavy emotions that's why you avoid such stuff? As you say, it's not because you actually "hate" but rather you do not want to get affected right? If so, then in this case....

I could say you wouldn't know until you try whether you like it or not but honestly speaking, if you have a bias against a show, there's a chance it may stop you from enjoying to the fullest.

With Hantsuki, it's important because you need to get into the flow of the story and emphatize with the characters. You know best yourself what the extent of your aversion is.

For me, Hantsuki is one of the best LN/anime titles around and as such, I wouldn't want anyone getting a bad experience because of it.

That's why I say if you hate such situations and are unable to feel for the characters or worse are actually angered by it, then it's better that you do not watch it.

Hope that helps.

Last edited by Cosmic Eagle; 2012-04-08 at 12:18.
Cosmic Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-08, 12:17   Link #487
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
I was asked to explain this show and basically, yes, it touches the heart very deeply. There's light moments but under it all there's a serious backdrop and though the ending has Rika-chan and Yuuichi being together, it's a bittersweet one....

Am I right in saying you just don't like to feel heavy emotions that's why you avoid such stuff? Or is it that you simply do not like these kind of stories in general?

I could say you wouldn't know until you try whether you like it or not but honestly speaking, if you have a bias against a show, there's a chance it may stop you from enjoying to the fullest.

With Hantsuki, it's important because you need to get into the flow of the story and emphatize with the characters. You know best yourself what the extent of your aversion is.

For me, Hantsuki is one of the best LN/anime titles around and as such, I wouldn't want anyone getting a bad experience because of it.

That's why I say if you hate such situations and are unableto feel for the characters or worse are actually angered by it, then it's better that you do not watch it.

Hope that helps.
I also got VMed to explain HanTsuki here. Basically, my explanation is the same with Cosmic Eagle’s. HanTsuki is a very nice drama romance and there are a number of light and funny moments. Still, I’m afraid that Classified Info won’t like it (for now at least) since he’s already explain himself that he doesn't like romance-drama revolving around hospital with seriously ill protagonists.

Be patient, MisaoFan. I think Classified Info will check it out when he’s in the mood for it, or has nothing more to watch . Then, he'll find out that the show is not designed to depress it's audience.
Old 2012-04-08, 12:34   Link #488
Classified Info
I miss Haruhi

Just so you understand, when i say "avoid any depressing stuff", it doesn't mean that such stuff could depress me, but rather that such stuff (considered by any commoner as "depressing") would only bother me.

Kimi ga nozomu eien: It didn't make me shed any tear whatsoever, and instead, i was rather bothered by the whole setting to the point i hated some characters (Let's say the main trio lol?). Pity is a thing i miss, sadly or luckily, and i wasn't able to feel it even IRL, let alone in animes. Since "most" of the stories settled in a hospital or concerning odd diseases often try to play on the "pity factor", it's obvious they fail with an individual like me. When i'm presented a depressed guy, a scarred girl bound to bed, and another depressed girl making out with the protagonist, what should i think? I just can't empathize with them, because i feel like they were showing me such "depression" to make me pity them, and that only angers me.

Always remaining in theme of depression, Welcome to the NHK presented us a character that was hell depressed and with countless problems on his back, but it became one of my favorite titles: wonder why? He wasn't presented like "Oh look, i'm depressed with many problems, shall you shed a tear for me and pity my disgraceful life?" bur rather "Look, i'm random and a bit mad, speculate about conspiracies and enjoy the hobbies of my otaku neighbour, while thinking of suiciding for random reasons (not really random)". I don't know if you get what i mean, but if you watched both shows, you surely understand what i'm trying to say.

Ef: A tale of memories: scarred girl with a disease that makes her forget anything everyday: is there something more depressing? (Oh well, she could have had no legs, that would have been worse).

The only dramas i could enjoy were things like Ano Hana, that i don't know for which reasons, but i felt like they were... heartwarming. I didn't have the feeling like "Oh look, they are trying to make me pity them", and instead i was able to empathize with the characters. It was just a different situation.

Therefore, if you think that HanTsuki is closer to Kimi ga nozomu eien, leave your hopes. If you think it's more similar to AnoHana and such, i might give it a try.
Old 2012-04-08, 13:39   Link #489
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Pity is a thing i miss, sadly or luckily, and i wasn't able to feel it even IRL, let alone in animes. Since "most" of the stories settled in a hospital or concerning odd diseases often try to play on the "pity factor", it's obvious they fail with an individual like me.
Yeah, I already said that you might won’t like it. HanTsuki is an anime about patients in a hospital with serious diseases after all. So, the “pity factor” that you don’t like is really hard to avoid, even though it’s nowhere as dramatized as Kimi ga Nozomu Eien IMO.

Relax, CI. I'm not saying that your inability to enjoy this kinda shows is a bad thing. I know very well that everybody has their taste and limitations. Like me: I know I can never enjoy yaoi or yuri (homoseksual love) anime that a lot of people like.
Old 2012-04-09, 06:26   Link #490
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

It would be great if Classified could make his own fanfiction, since he's greatly influenced by great romance animes.
MyAnimeList
Old 2012-04-09, 07:01   Link #491
maxblaze

try The world god only knows maybe you like it.

Guilty Crown - i like it.
maxblaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-09, 07:24   Link #492
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxblaze View Post
try The world god only knows maybe you like it.

Guilty Crown - i like it.
Guilty Crown has some mecha in it, but they do not look like Power Rangers because they are made separately and are not stupid. These mecha do look like Evangelion and the mecha isn't a main purpose in Guilty Crown. The story sets in the far future (2039) when the crystallized virus attack most of Japan. Shu Ouma, a seventeen year old boy, accidentally takes the power capable of making out people's weapons. One day, he meet a young singer working in a guerilla organization. It has action, some politics and some romance. However, I'm pretty sure Classified won't like it for some reasons, but Obelisk can explain it.
MyAnimeList
Old 2012-04-09, 09:39   Link #493
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisaoFan View Post
However, I'm pretty sure Classified won't like it for some reasons, but Obelisk can explain it.
For me personally, Guilty Crown (GC) share the similar genre and story with Code Geass (CG), but somehow GC is a lot worse. The characters’ inconsistencies are jarring and some of their motivation are vague at best. In short, most of the characters in GC are really under-developed and more like plot devices than actual characters. CG is certainly a lot better in this department. GC’s overall story itself doesn’t live up to it’s true potential and contain so many plot holes that will make Saint Seiya proud. Still, the romance in GC is actually more prevalent than CG. Still, I prefer quality over quantity. Both series have beautiful and sexy girls though, if that’s what you want to see .

Classified Info already checked Code Geass, but dropped it due to mecha element and many politics. Seeing that Guilty Crown is a worse series, I doubt that he'll like it, but hey, who knows?
Old 2012-04-09, 10:00   Link #494
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Anyways, it seems he's hasn't checking A Dark Rabbit Has Seven Lives : the 2011 12-episodes supernatural action romance TV anime is focused on Taito Kurogane, a highschool student who is a former karate champion but stopped fighting for obvious reasons. However, he thinks of his old promise 10 years ago : he met a young vampire girl named Saitohimea, and gaves him seven lives. However, Hinata Kurenai stabbed him six times and kidnapped Himea. Now that Taito thinks of his old promise, he decides to re-meet Himea who has been sealed for 10 years. The first two episodes are a bit gory, but starting with episode 3, the gore isn't there anymore, but there's still many fights here. The male characters looks handsome and hot, and the cast is consisted of 15-20 years old characters (even though some female characters sound like there are 12-14 years old because of their appearance). Also, the romance is a lot prevalent accompagned by some comedy and drama, and a little bit of fanservice is here.
MyAnimeList
Old 2012-04-09, 10:15   Link #495
Classified Info
I miss Haruhi

A Dark Rabbit Has Seven Lives appeals me, i'll get it.

I miss only 3 eps of Eden of the East, but i feel like this story should have had way more episodes. I think it's a waste, because the mystery is being solved just the last episodes, while they could have played on this factor way more time. Anyways, lol @ Johnny Hunt.

I've already got used to these other animes that deal less with romance, since i've already burnt the ones which have become my favorite, but sometimes i still miss those old series so i might stop for a while and pick up those series again (Like Haruhi Suzumiya (Already watched twice), S;G (Already watched twice), Welcome to the NHK, Zero no Tsukaima (already watched... 3 times rofl) and so on)

EDIT
Finished Eden of the East, and i just happen to know that there are 2 other movies; however, i really got bored for some reason, or rather, i'm no longer interested in it. It didn't impress me much. Btw, the animation was a bit... it was actually fine, but the girl... her smile looked like a big cut on her face, seriously: was her mouth an oven? Lol.

Tonight i'll start Yumekui Merry and maybe even finish it.

EDIT2
Ah btw, for the ones who finished the 3 seasons of Shakugan no Shana, without spoiling anything, would you suggest me to pick it up again or to not expect anything because the romance keeps being not satisfying(for being satisfying, after 3 seasons, i at least expect a kiss). No no, don't say anything, or actually, do so: should or shouldn't I pick it up again? Should i put my hopes high when it comes to the romance, or is it frustrating like the 1st season and a good half of the 2nd? Don't tell me if there is a kiss or not, i'll eventually deduce it by your answer; just tell me "Pick it up again" or "Leave it in the dust". Thank you

Last edited by Classified Info; 2012-04-09 at 12:46.
Old 2012-04-09, 16:13   Link #496
Anime-fan10

Quote:
A Dark Rabbit Has Seven Lives appeals me, i'll get it.

I miss only 3 eps of Eden of the East, but i feel like this story should have had way more episodes. I think it's a waste, because the mystery is being solved just the last episodes, while they could have played on this factor way more time. Anyways, lol @ Johnny Hunt.

I've already got used to these other animes that deal less with romance, since i've already burnt the ones which have become my favorite, but sometimes i still miss those old series so i might stop for a while and pick up those series again (Like Haruhi Suzumiya (Already watched twice), S;G (Already watched twice), Welcome to the NHK, Zero no Tsukaima (already watched... 3 times rofl) and so on)

EDIT
Finished Eden of the East, and i just happen to know that there are 2 other movies; however, i really got bored for some reason, or rather, i'm no longer interested in it. It didn't impress me much. Btw, the animation was a bit... it was actually fine, but the girl... her smile looked like a big cut on her face, seriously: was her mouth an oven? Lol.

Tonight i'll start Yumekui Merry and maybe even finish it.

EDIT2
Ah btw, for the ones who finished the 3 seasons of Shakugan no Shana, without spoiling anything, would you suggest me to pick it up again or to not expect anything because the romance keeps being not satisfying(for being satisfying, after 3 seasons, i at least expect a kiss). No no, don't say anything, or actually, do so: should or shouldn't I pick it up again? Should i put my hopes high when it comes to the romance, or is it frustrating like the 1st season and a good half of the 2nd? Don't tell me if there is a kiss or not, i'll eventually deduce it by your answer; just tell me "Pick it up again" or "Leave it in the dust". Thank you
I've been a fan of the series since season 1 and I felt the same way you did in regards to the first and second season. However, I think the 3rd season was the best one and I suggest you pick it up again.
Old 2012-04-09, 17:45   Link #497
Cold~as~Ice
this is how its done

I don't know if people already mentioned these ecchi titles

Sunabouza(desert punk)

http://myanimelist.net/anime/25/Sunabouzu

Kamen no Maid Guy
http://myanimelist.net/anime/3616/Kamen_no_Maid_Guy
Old 2012-04-09, 18:44   Link #498
Classified Info
I miss Haruhi

Sunabouza got suggested some time ago, iirc, but i had rejected it for some reason i currently don't remember.

In the second i just cannot see the romance (at the very best i can see a thoughtless sea of ecchiness without any real "feeling" along the way; i mean, titles involving maids and butlers, such as He's my master, They are my noble masters, Ladies vs Butlers had some hints of romance even tho they were more focused on ecchi)

Anyways, i just finished ep7 of Yumekui Merry and i'm liking it a lot; i don't know why, but i feel like every episode just lasts... for a small amount of time: perhaps i'm really enjoying it if i can't feel the time passing by. Oh, and this anime let me notice that i have some kind of fetish for bellies, rofl, or it's just that this anime keeps putting Merry's belly in front of my eyes 98% of the time. However, today was tiring, so i'm going to bed. I'll finish it tomorrow, but i can already tell you that this was a good suggestion (Btw, it's also because i really like the artwork, Merry looks cute, and Yumeji looks like some dude i've already seen somewhere, and that their VA are holy awesome, and i'm sure i've heard those voices somewhere else. Lately i noticed that VA are playing a very important role when it comes to entertain me: i don't know the names of the VA, but i liked very much Okabe's, Light's, Kyon's VA, Kurisu, Merry, Haruhi's VA and some other i don't remember, because i'm shit at names)

EDIT
Forgot to say that i'm already getting Ano Natsu de Matteru and ZnT f, and those will be at the top priority when i get back friday.

Last edited by Classified Info; 2012-04-09 at 19:15.
Old 2012-04-10, 03:27   Link #499
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
Sunabouza got suggested some time ago, iirc, but i had rejected it for some reason i currently don't remember.

In the second i just cannot see the romance (at the very best i can see a thoughtless sea of ecchiness without any real "feeling" along the way; i mean, titles involving maids and butlers, such as He's my master, They are my noble masters, Ladies vs Butlers had some hints of romance even tho they were more focused on ecchi)
If I remember correctly, Desert Punk is centered on a guy covering his face with some random android stuff (and the romance only play 0,5% of the whole series, but not sure if there's a kiss scene), while Kamen no Maid Guy has few romantic hints.

As far Shakugan no Shana goes, the kiss scene didn't appear until the end of third season, but the romance start to turn satisfying (but still without kissing) at the second half of the second season, but action scenes still domines. Nonetheless, you can pick it up again.
MyAnimeList
Old 2012-04-10, 04:18   Link #500
Classified Info
I miss Haruhi

Oh com'on hell, don't spoil stuff so easily ._., i didn't want to know if and when it happened, i just wanted some hints and Anime-fan10 had already done an awesome job in regard to this; indeed i was willing to give it a second try...

...another title i'm not going to pick up again ._.

EDIT
Finished watching Yumekui Merry, but the story was left pending. So far i liked it, but i want to know how it continues and if there will be some romance blooming. The anime didn't really show any romance, but there would have been enough space for it, and i kinda feel like the manga will bring it on. Since i wanted to continue the story, could you tell me from which manga's chapter i should start? How much of the manga does the anime adaption cover? Does the anime differ so much from the manga, or it's a very loyal adaption with no characters/stuff missing? Thank you

Today i'll watch Zero no Tsukaima f.

Last edited by Classified Info; 2012-04-10 at 05:40.