AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga > To Aru... Railgun [M/LN]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-10-08, 18:10   Link #5941
kache
Asobo~
*IT Support

Finally caught up.
Spoiler for GUTS!:

Watching at the moment: click on the image.

Old 2013-10-08, 18:21   Link #5942
Shinhwa
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kache View Post
Finally caught up.
Spoiler for GUTS!:
Oh please, Touma is full of Guts too! XD
Old 2013-10-08, 18:50   Link #5943
allfictions
Of Infinite Resignation

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloPanda View Post
Umm yes please, but please do so in the LN thread since it Railgun hasn't even come close to this area.
Sure thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinhwa View Post
Oh please, Touma is full of Guts too! XD
Hey, I am full of guts too! Intestines, liver, pancreas, colon...
This is nine! Nine! This is nine! Nine! This is ten! Ten! We have killed your friends! Every friend is now dead! This is six! Six! ... Eighteen! This is now eighteen! Take cover when the siren sounds! This is four! Four! ... Five! This is five! Ignore the siren! Even if you leave this room, you can never leave this room! Eight! This is eight! ... Six, this is six. This is goddamn fucking six!
Old 2013-10-08, 23:05   Link #5944
Shinhwa
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by allfictions View Post
Sure thing

I didn't mean it that way!!! DX
Old 2013-10-09, 03:26   Link #5945
desrtsku
Nympholept

Quote:
Post of the year.
Old 2013-10-09, 10:42   Link #5946
Sasukeuzi

Quote:
Can your guts be used to crash through walls and hit lightning to the ground?!
Old 2013-10-09, 10:53   Link #5947
desrtsku
Nympholept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasukeuzi View Post
Post of the year No.2. This one tore my sides and guts.
Old 2013-10-09, 11:24   Link #5948
alexandros_19

Quote:
Sure thing

What a disgusting show of guts.
Old 2013-10-09, 16:43   Link #5949
allfictions
Of Infinite Resignation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinhwa View Post
I didn't mean it that way!!! DX
Of course...
That's what I want you to think...

Quote:
Originally Posted by desrtsku View Post
Post of the year.
My, thank you, always doing my best to satisfy my audience

Quote:
Yours don't allow that?
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexandros_19 View Post
What an disgusting amazing show of guts.
I think you made a typo, fixed it for you
This is nine! Nine! This is nine! Nine! This is ten! Ten! We have killed your friends! Every friend is now dead! This is six! Six! ... Eighteen! This is now eighteen! Take cover when the siren sounds! This is four! Four! ... Five! This is five! Ignore the siren! Even if you leave this room, you can never leave this room! Eight! This is eight! ... Six, this is six. This is goddamn fucking six!
Old 2013-10-09, 20:31   Link #5950
Reality_Breaker

Quote:
And here I thought everyone's did, excuse me while I go check with my doctor.
Old 2013-10-12, 04:03   Link #5951
Nym

Quote:
Hmm ... while its true that his precognition has nothing to do with esper powers, it is wrong that he has no esper powers at all.

It is often mentioned in the novels that it is impossible for anyone to not develope any powers after the curricullum they went through in AC. Even lvl zeros have a kind of power inside them, while not being strong enough themselves or the power not being developed enough to use them (as we can see in the Level upper arc with Saten.) Touma even mocks himselfas a failure one or two times because of that.

A lot of people are actually expecting him to HAVE some kind of power, be it lvl 0-3 or yeah even lvl 4-5, its just that his arm is cancelling it out instantely so he cant use it himself nor does AC have the chance to detect a power in him with their machines.

so if he should ever lose his arm for a longer time and the invisible power that resides inside him does not restrict supernatural things anymore, then it may as well be possible that he has some kind of esper power of an unknown lvl.

I guess the only one who would know it for sure is aleister with a certain list. (and even for him that might be an unknown factor since we dont know how they get the data for the list. Toumas amount of power or rather lack of power is a mysterie in itself....poor, unlucky guy =( )
Old 2013-10-12, 20:17   Link #5952
Bakaizer
Demon Hunter

how was touma determined to be level 0 and what was the basis?
Old 2013-10-12, 21:27   Link #5953
SoloPanda
Not A Loli-con....

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikohowell View Post
how was touma determined to be level 0 and what was the basis?
because tests showed that where other espers showed some signs of psychic power, even other level 0's showed trace amounts of AIM fields, Touma shows nothing. While he may in reality be a level 5 esper that is canceling his own power, nothing shows on tests so that makes him a level 0. As he puts it the lowest of the level 0's.

The edge of sadomasochism is paper thin
Old 2013-10-13, 03:51   Link #5954
desrtsku
Nympholept

^ What makes an AC esper in general is their ability to substantially change reality by mere observation of their environment (on the quantum level).
But what makes a high level esper is the ability to expand and control those changes using various equations and great computing power.
And IB just cancels the changes in the environment, it's doesn't nerf people's brains.

That is the reason why Touma can't be a level 4+. His brain's feats aren't just on par with that of high level AC espers ... he can barely solve the problems in his highschool level homework.
Quote:
But that's because of his misfortune, he's too busy fighting LV.5s and magicians to study
Meanwhile, Saiai can solve top class mathematical problems -that requires expertise in weapons and computer simulations- on the fly ... and she's a 12 years-old full time gangster who doesn't even attend classes.
Old 2013-10-13, 16:26   Link #5955
Reality_Breaker

Quote:
^ What makes an AC esper in general is their ability to substantially change reality by mere observation of their environment (on the quantum level).
But what makes a high level esper is the ability to expand and control those changes using various equations and great computing power.
And IB just cancels the changes in the environment, it's doesn't nerf people's brains.

That is the reason why Touma can't be a level 4+. His brain's feats aren't just on par with that of high level AC espers ... he can barely solve the problems in his highschool level homework.

Meanwhile, Saiai can solve top class mathematical problems -that requires expertise in weapons and computer simulations- on the fly ... and she's a 12 years-old full time gangster who doesn't even attend classes.
What about all of his fights against magicians and espers where he has limited info on their abilities? What about all of the times he had to improvise in the middle of fights that could have killed him in less then a second if they wanted?

The kind of calculations he has to make in the middle of his fights almost everyday put him (and this was said in Vol. 20 I think) on the same level as the level 5 of AC. From what I know when it comes to school it was never said he was failing because he wasn't smart only that his missing school and him not being able to use any abilities even while being in the curriculum were the reasons he was always at risk of failing, that's why he needs extra-assignments, you know which he can't do because he's always either saving the world, the city or a girl.
Old 2013-10-13, 16:39   Link #5956
desrtsku
Nympholept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reality_Breaker View Post
What about all of his fights against magicians and espers where he has limited info on their abilities? What about all of the times he had to improvise in the middle of fights that could have killed him in less then a second if they wanted?
Quick witted =/= having a powerful brain.

Quote:
The kind of calculations he has to make in the middle of his fights almost everyday put him (and this was said in Vol. 20 I think) on the same level as the level 5 of AC.
Please, now that's just plain ridiculous.
Do you resolve some college level equation in your head before you dodge an attack?
No, you don't.

Do you use some super high computation ability when you try to guess your opponent's next move when you play a fighting game?
No, you don't.

It's called priming, it's about gaining experience and being able to react automatically to certain stimuli. It has no direct correlation with how high your computation power is.

Quote:
From what I know when it comes to school it was never said he was failing because he wasn't smart only that his missing school and him not being able to use any abilities even while being in the curriculum were the reasons he was always at risk of failing, that's why he needs extra-assignments, you know which he can't do because he's always either saving the world, the city or a girl.
I already said it in my post, Saiai doesn't attend school and she's a freaking genius. Touma isn't a genius with powerful computation abilities, it's fact.
Old 2013-10-13, 16:45   Link #5957
dKmps
ņe

Also, I think it was in vol.7, that Touma ask Mikoto for help to study xd (is mentioned only)
Old 2013-10-13, 17:22   Link #5958
Nym

Quote:

Very nice. I really really like the way you put that. Never thought about it that way. It really is true. Most of the lvl 4 and nearly all of the lvl 5 esper (except for gunha who is...well...different and maybe Misaki (whom we dont know alot about except that she has top scores in every test but is lazy and would surely cheat with her powers to achieve those scores) are really geniuses.

But on the other hand we have to ask the question...did their personal reality change because they were so intelligent and could grasp the concepts of what you described....or did the possibility of being able to alter the world to their liking in a kind of way (be it level 3,4 or 5) play a thing in their way of understanding, leading to a way to obtain great knowledge? Would have, for example Touma (or any other lvl zero) have a higher chance to become clever if the person would be at least somewhat able to use their powers? And what if Aogami really IS the last lvl 5? he always seemed kind of stupid, didnt he?

Or easier put: did they reach great power through intelligence or did they reach great intelligence through the input of great power?

To be honest iam really sure your explanation is right and it is the former but it is a nice thing to think about.
Old 2013-10-13, 18:16   Link #5959
SilverTalon

Quote:
The kind of calculations he has to make in the middle of his fights almost everyday put him (and this was said in Vol. 20 I think) on the same level as the level 5 of AC. From what I know when it comes to school it was never said he was failing because he wasn't smart only that his missing school and him not being able to use any abilities even while being in the curriculum were the reasons he was always at risk of failing, that's why he needs extra-assignments, you know which he can't do because he's always either saving the world, the city or a girl.
Wasn't it also said in vol 20 (or maybe it was in nt 7) that his precognition isn't something he thinks about and if he really stopped to think about it, it would fail. Clearly sounds intuitive to me and not calculative.

He was taking make up classes due to attendance iirc, but a middle schooler solved his homework problems effortlessly. In fact it was said that this specific middle school actually teaches college level classes. So no matter how smart he would be if compared to people outside AC, he clearly is no where near the top of AC academically. Also, I don't think that level has anything to do with passing your classes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nym View Post
Or easier put: did they reach great power through intelligence or did they reach great intelligence through the input of great power?
I don't think theres enough information to say conclusively, but I'd guess its sort of both. Something like potential for power is somewhat predetermined but you need the calculation ability to reach that potential. So I'd guess it isn't one causing the other but one thing you start with that appears to grow with the second because the second thing is required to utilize the first. I could be off, but if it is that way, the paramater list makes sense in that they want to use resources on the people they know to have high potential to help them reach it. For example, they clearly knew Mikoto would reach level 5 or asking for her DNA when she was that young would be stupid.
Old 2013-10-13, 19:25   Link #5960
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverTalon View Post
He was taking make up classes due to attendance iirc, but a middle schooler solved his homework problems effortlessly. In fact it was said that this specific middle school actually teaches college level classes. So no matter how smart he would be if compared to people outside AC, he clearly is no where near the top of AC academically. Also, I don't think that level has anything to do with passing your classes.
That was Mikoto, pretty sure. Referencing the Fake date, I believe.
Closed Thread

Tags
fantasy, shounen