AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Old 2009-08-11, 22:05   Link #1141
TsundereCake
真 ラブ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hareoic View Post
Though I'm gonna be pissed if she turns out to have faked it in EP4 as well and immediately replay the EP2 tea party to spite her. >(
"Sounds delicious. Slice up your cow tits and make me a sandwich"?
Old 2009-08-11, 22:15   Link #1142
Hareoic
There will be burgers

Quote:
Originally Posted by TsundereCake View Post
"Sounds delicious. Slice up your cow tits and make me a sandwich"?
And what follows immediately after, possibly synced up to "What is Love".
Old 2009-08-11, 22:25   Link #1143
Used Can

Quote:
Though I'm gonna be pissed if she turns out to have faked it in EP4 as well and immediately replay the EP2 tea party to spite her. >(
I wonder if she'll do that, though. In EP4, we read most of Beato's thoughts. I think it's fair to assume that much was real.

Quote:
And what follows immediately after, possibly synced up to "What is Love".
Baby don't hurt me...♪
Old 2009-08-11, 22:27   Link #1144
Hareoic
There will be burgers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
I wonder if she'll do that, though. In EP4, we read most of Beato's thoughts. I think it's fair to assume that much was real.

Baby don't hurt me...♪
Well I think we read other characters' thoughts in the story that might not have actually been true. And it's possible that this is Beato telling us that just to mess with us as an unreliable narrator.

And I'm glad somebody got it.
Old 2009-08-11, 22:34   Link #1145
milkypink
♥~☆~♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsu View Post
Well i first thought I might try reading in japanese this time, but I think i lack still to much (I improved doing my soon ending vacation) but nah~ would be really exhausting and I think I might not enjoy it so much if I have to use my dictionary almost every second sentence (I remember my first harry potter...after my first year of english .... ah that was so hard)
I think I'm going to suck it up and read Ep5 as soon as it comes out and not wait for the patch. I'm studying for 1級 this year, I should be able to handle it...
It's so rare I'm following a series while it's still being released I have to take advantage AGTH will help me too <3 c&p is faster than writing everything I don't recognize out by hand ><
milkypink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-11, 22:34   Link #1146
Keriaku
Thought Being

I find it a little funny that a few days before EP5 comes out everyone has talked about whatever theories they have and now all that is left is whether they're going to spoil themselves or not. XD
Keriaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-11, 22:39   Link #1147
Used Can

Quote:
Well I think we read other characters' thoughts in the story that might not have actually been true. And it's possible that this is Beato telling us that just to mess with us as an unreliable narrator.
Yes, but this happened in the Meta-world. Beato's thoughts there cannot be read by Battler (and we (the readers) do not exist for Beato). I think her thoughts were true.

Well, who knows, I may be in for some good trolling, but for now, I'm fairly sure those were her honest feelings.
Old 2009-08-11, 22:40   Link #1148
Hareoic
There will be burgers

Quote:
Yes, but this happened in the Meta-world. Beato's thoughts there cannot be read by Battler (and we (the readers) do not exist for Beato). I think her thoughts were true.

Well, who knows, I may be in for some good trolling, but for now, I'm fairly sure those were her honest feelings.
Well, even so, she might be forced to say that she was making it up in order to spur him on some more.

Though in that case I'd feel bad for both parties.
Old 2009-08-11, 22:48   Link #1149
Used Can

Oh yes, that can definitely happen, but even if it does, it wouldn't be the same as in EP3, since this time you'd know she's being forced to do so.

Anyway, something I'd really like to see is information about the other Ushiromiya Battler. I'd also like to know about Battler's true origins. If Asumu wasn't his mother, then who? Personally, I wouldn't like being told that Kyrie was his real mother all along. Personally, I'd find that to be quite a poor twist.

Last edited by Used Can; 2009-08-11 at 23:01. Reason: I was thinking of EP3 all along
Used Can is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-11, 23:15   Link #1150
Marion
The Great Dine

Quote:
Oh yes, that can definitely happen, but even if it does, it wouldn't be the same as in EP3, since this time you'd know she's being forced to do so.

Anyway, something I'd really like to see is information about the other Ushiromiya Battler. I'd also like to know about Battler's true origins. If Asumu wasn't his mother, then who? Personally, I wouldn't like being told that Kyrie was his real mother all along. Personally, I'd find that to be quite a poor twist.
Same, only because it's too obvious. Then again maybe it's not the question of "who is the mother" rather than "what's the sin"? It's only implied that the 'Asumu isn't your mother' is related to the sin, but we have nothing assuring that.
Marion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-12, 00:21   Link #1151
ameskitty
Kupo

I don't want to know if my ship will sink. @-@

...PLEASE DON'T LET IT SINK T_T!

Anyways, the only thing I wanna ask is how long it is. If it's shorter than EP 4 I'm going to attempt reading it in Japanese, but if it's near or longer than that I think I might just have to wait for the patch :/. My Japanese reading speed (due to my constant need of a kanji dictionary) is very slow, and since I'm going to college I'm not going to want to waste my time reading something that epic long so slowly.
ameskitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-12, 00:48   Link #1152
Marion
The Great Dine

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_rogue View Post
I don't want to know if my ship will sink. @-@

...PLEASE DON'T LET IT SINK T_T!

Anyways, the only thing I wanna ask is how long it is. If it's shorter than EP 4 I'm going to attempt reading it in Japanese, but if it's near or longer than that I think I might just have to wait for the patch :/. My Japanese reading speed (due to my constant need of a kanji dictionary) is very slow, and since I'm going to college I'm not going to want to waste my time reading something that epic long so slowly.
Every episode has been pretty much longer than the last. It'll probably be around EP 4's size, maybe even larger.
Old 2009-08-12, 00:50   Link #1153
Hareoic
There will be burgers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marion View Post
Every episode has been pretty much longer than the last. It'll probably be around EP 4's size, maybe even larger.
But if that's the case... Then how're they going to manage a second anime season?
Old 2009-08-12, 00:54   Link #1154
Marion
The Great Dine

Quote:
But if that's the case... Then how're they going to manage a second anime season?
They managed well for Higurashi Kai, despite the cuts they did make. Heck, Kai turned out being way better in terms of adaptation than the first season of Higurashi.
Old 2009-08-12, 00:56   Link #1155
Christen
Endless Nine
*Artist

Quote:
I think Ryukishi-san would go easy on Episode 5. Reason being he was cramming as much clues as he can give the readers before ending the question arc. It's possible that it's a bit shorter, but definitely not shorter than Episode 1-2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haeroic
Good question. If it's possible, they might go past the 26 episode mark.
Christen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-12, 01:00   Link #1156
Hareoic
There will be burgers

Or they could do 26 episodes per two answer arcs, since only two episodes of Chiru will be out when the first season of the anime ends.
Old 2009-08-12, 01:13   Link #1157
Marion
The Great Dine

Chiru is only suppose to be 3 episodes though (well that's as much as Ryukishi confirmed) so I don't see them going past 26 episodes right now.
Old 2009-08-12, 02:09   Link #1158
ameskitty
Kupo

Yeah, Umineko's reminding me of Harry Potter in how each episode grows progressively longer and longer . Maybe ep 5 will be like Half-Blood Prince where the trend levels off and slightly reverses .

Bah, I'll probably try to read it no matter what. Otherwise I'll start reading spoilers .
ameskitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-12, 06:37   Link #1159
Auria

Quote:
They managed well for Higurashi Kai, despite the cuts they did make. Heck, Kai turned out being way better in terms of adaptation than the first season of Higurashi.
But they just had to animate two arcs (and the extra arc to fill a bit of the cutholes in the first season) since two Kai arcs were already crammed in the first season u_U"
Auria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-12, 06:58   Link #1160
Tifany Ushiromiya

Quote:
Same, only because it's too obvious. Then again maybe it's not the question of "who is the mother" rather than "what's the sin"? It's only implied that the 'Asumu isn't your mother' is related to the sin, but we have nothing assuring that.
*person spoiling herself because she just can't wait*
I've yet to finish EP.4 but from what I've been spoiled that even if the "Asumu isn't your mother" isn't related to the sin the rest of it all "You're not Ushiromiya Battler" may be related. I mean, the stakes can be quite picky and twisted when blaming people of a sin, right? Maybe Battler's sin is also twisted and hard to find because only a person who's looking for a sin would notice it that way.

For example, my theory is that Battler's sin is 'suicide' or 'abandonment', in other words his sin was when he ran away from his family and used Asumu's family name for six years. If we look at it from a theoretical standpoint and are picky we could say that for six years Ushiromiya Battler was missing, dead, because Battler was using another family name and thus denying his existence as Ushiromiya Battler himself. We could consider that that action is in itself a way to kill Ushiromiya Battler, thus the "your sin caused the death of one person", and since he did it himself it would be like suicide which is a sin almost everywhere in the world. How could that be related to the deaths of people in the island? Well, I've the feeling that maybe despite the siblings opinions about George being the best suited to be the heir, maybe Kinzo considered Battler better heir. I've seen even Genji saying how much Battler looks like Kinzo when he was young and such and if we consider that despite being dead some scenes about Kinzo that we've seen are real (flashbacks), I've not seen Kinzo complaining about Battler besides the "he ran away from the family and betrayed our honor", which compared to the rest of the family is pretty petite of a complain. So maybe six years ago Kinzo felt Battler was better suited or something but then Battler ran away and Kinzo was left with a bunch of vultures and all that shit, and it wasn't a thing of one year or two, no, it was six years. Six frigging years, I can see Kinzo receiving the news about his close death and decide to throw it all through the window, not leaving anything behind because he has lost all interest in that and the only thing he has left is Beatrice's smile and yadda yadda. Which would lead to the start of all the shit in Umineko. /random theory

*goes back to her corner*
Tifany Ushiromiya is offline   Reply With Quote